PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Waste Time?

Motown
10-10-2015, 06:32 PM
I broke my foot about a month ago and I'm spending a lot more time inside than I'm used to. I've found some things to kill time, computer games, X Box, things like that but one my favorites is a TV show on the History Channel called Ancient Aliens. This show is f'ing hilarious, I don't know if they meant it to be but it is. They talk about humans a few thousand years ago and point out how they think aliens helped develop our society.

Ancient stone masonry in Peru? We don't know exactly how they did that work so obviously aliens did it. Hitler and other evil people? That's really, really evil so obviously they were possessed by inter-dimensional aliens. Ancient medicine? Humans could never have figured that out so it must have been aliens. This stuff is hilarious.

My other favorite is MSNBC. It has no news value whatsoever but 90% of their news programs are about republicans, all it is is a bunch of commies bitching about the GOP. They don't talk about their own candidates (and I guess I can't blame them for that) all they do is talk about the GOP, so much so that I'm wondering if the GOP is paying them to. I'm pretty sure Maddow wants to have Trump's love child since he's all that woman talks about.

Anyway, I can't wait until I'll be able to walk again without a crutch.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 07:08 PM
I broke my foot about a month ago and I'm spending a lot more time inside than I'm used to. I've found some things to kill time, computer games, X Box, things like that but one my favorites is a TV show on the History Channel called Ancient Aliens. This show is f'ing hilarious, I don't know if they meant it to be but it is. They talk about humans a few thousand years ago and point out how they think aliens helped develop our society.

Ancient stone masonry in Peru? We don't know exactly how they did that work so obviously aliens did it. Hitler and other evil people? That's really, really evil so obviously they were possessed by inter-dimensional aliens. Ancient medicine? Humans could never have figured that out so it must have been aliens. This stuff is hilarious.

My other favorite is MSNBC. It has no news value whatsoever but 90% of their news programs are about republicans, all it is is a bunch of commies bitching about the GOP. They don't talk about their own candidates (and I guess I can't blame them for that) all they do is talk about the GOP, so much so that I'm wondering if the GOP is paying them to. I'm pretty sure Maddow wants to have Trump's love child since he's all that woman talks about.

Anyway, I can't wait until I'll be able to walk again without a crutch.

You and I have been on this board almost all day. Still got a question?:laugh:

Black Diamond
10-10-2015, 07:11 PM
If I see this final countdown commercial one more time, I am gonna go ballistic.

Motown
10-10-2015, 07:13 PM
You and I have been on this board almost all day. Still got a question?:laugh:

I'm betting you're "multi-tasking" though, right?

LongTermGuy
10-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Not so much with the Waste of time part....from my point of view
....*but trying to do things I enjoy and must do...Spending less time on the Internet Forums....(but still visit and enjoy them)
....More time doing searches (for business and other things)....I have different Hobbies I enjoy doing (mostly weekends)....besides shooting at range and testing new loads "reloading"...One other thing I enjoy is off-roading....looking / searching... for old sites and places that used to be....which leads to my third hobby...It can be a waste of time for some...to me its enjoyment...

Motown
10-10-2015, 07:15 PM
If I see this final countdown commercial one more time, I am gonna go ballistic.

Which one is that?

Gunny
10-10-2015, 07:25 PM
I'm betting you're "multi-tasking" though, right?

Not today. One of the other "pleasures" of being around civilians is y'all got no plan, and don't tell anyone shit. I don't want to go off on some hair-brained plan in 10 minutes and waking me up by dropping a baby in my lap is right there. I smoke and need to pee. No one around here knows WTF they're doing from one minute to the next but I get jumped for not participating.

Get a plan. Geez. Have a schedule and inform those you expect to support it WTF it is. It isn't like I don't have other sh*t to do.

Motown
10-10-2015, 07:33 PM
y'all?

Gunny
10-10-2015, 07:36 PM
y'all?

You're military. Of course that was aimed at you. I'm talking about these civilians that live on their own little planet. Can't even organize getting up in the morning. An adventure a day. :laugh:

Motown
10-10-2015, 07:41 PM
You're military. Of course that was aimed at you. I'm talking about these civilians that live on their own little planet. Can't even organize getting up in the morning. An adventure a day. :laugh:

I know. Some people can't ever seem to get to work on time, start trippin' over little things some of them not even any of their business. Focus is an issue with some of them.

Gunny
10-10-2015, 07:48 PM
I know. Some people can't ever seem to get to work on time, start trippin' over little things some of them not even any of their business. Focus is an issue with some of them.

Seriously, WHEN were you late in the military? Ten minutes early, minimum. These people think showing up 20 minutes late is just fine. "I have to be at work at 7, so I'll leave the house at 7."

Motown
10-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Seriously, WHEN were you late in the military? Ten minutes early, minimum. These people think showing up 20 minutes late is just fine. "I have to be at work at 7, so I'll leave the house at 7."

Right on. You weren't late, at least not more than once. I like the corporation I worked for but for a few years I had direct contact with a lot of employees and the stupid crap they used to complain about on a daily basis had me shaking my head. I'm not saying stupid things didn't happen in the Army or the Guard because it did but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the immaturity I had to deal with from adults as a civilian. They were like kids, sometimes I felt like an elementary school teacher. Guys would be late almost every day and when they were denied a raise they had no idea why. People would go out of their way to instigate stupid, meaningless beef with co-workers every day. Some guys would walk into my office to start talking about their project work and ask me low level questions which they could easily handle themselves just to show me how they were thinking about this and then they'd walk out thinking they had impressed me when what I was really thinking is that they're light-years away from being a self-starter and might need fewer responsibilities. It was unreal.

WiccanLiberal
10-10-2015, 08:24 PM
V4R did the laundry last night before heading off to Delaware. This AM I was up at 8. I changed the bed entirely including putting on my heavier quilt. Put away all the clothes. Groceries were delivered so I put away the perishables and paused for a bit of lunch. After put the rest of the groceries up, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and did the dishes. I reorganized three closets. I scrubbed and shined the kitchen floor and then did some detective work and discovered my kitchen shears, V4R's keys and his pocket flashlight buried under a chair cushion. (Don't ask - cleaning around here is frequently like an archeologicall dig between him and the cats). Then feed the animals, walk the dog and take out all the trash. Finally shower for me and a little supper. Right now I am happily watching my Mets play.

Motown
10-10-2015, 08:30 PM
V4R did the laundry last night before heading off to Delaware. This AM I was up at 8. I changed the bed entirely including putting on my heavier quilt. Put away all the clothes. Groceries were delivered so I put away the perishables and paused for a bit of lunch. After put the rest of the groceries up, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and did the dishes. I reorganized three closets. I scrubbed and shined the kitchen floor and then did some detective work and discovered my kitchen shears, V4R's keys and his pocket flashlight buried under a chair cushion. (Don't ask - cleaning around here is frequently like an archeologicall dig between him and the cats). Then feed the animals, walk the dog and take out all the trash. Finally shower for me and a little supper. Right now I am happily watching my Mets play.

You didn't go get your own groceries? Slacker.:teasing:

WiccanLiberal
10-10-2015, 08:44 PM
You didn't go get your own groceries? Slacker.:teasing:

LOL! seriously, I don't have a car presently. I calculated the cost of a cab there and back plus the time I would lose and it's actually cheaper to get delivery. Also I am not subject to impulse buying.

Motown
10-10-2015, 08:54 PM
LOL! seriously, I don't have a car presently. I calculated the cost of a cab there and back plus the time I would lose and it's actually cheaper to get delivery. Also I am not subject to impulse buying.

Impulse buying gets me every time. I always come back with about $10 worth of chips and licorice that was set up right next to the check out lanes.

tailfins
10-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Playlist: 36 Videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeagipoZmyfmqySnlQoRHYfnw_3hdjnMx

Get a load of the Mattel Gun commercial at the beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNwu4yBTtA

LongTermGuy
10-10-2015, 11:42 PM

You dont have a Car presently....Your car break down? If I may ask....

Yes...delivery works well...for simple things....saves time and aggravation.

Gunny
10-11-2015, 02:53 AM

You had me right up to the Mets. :laugh:

Gunny
10-11-2015, 03:02 AM
You dont have a Car presently....Your car break down? If I may ask....

Yes...delivery works well...for simple things....saves time and aggravation.

I think she lives in NYC, IIRC. My first wife was from NY. I had to teach her to drive. They don't do cars there.

jimnyc
10-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Couple pots of coffee and an internet connection!

Or you could always binge watch some good TV programs. I watched the entire Lost series in a few weeks, watching like 5 or more episodes per day! Did the same with The Shield. Did the same with The Walking Dead, but have been caught up for some time now.

Motown
10-11-2015, 09:01 AM

Or you could always binge watch some good TV programs. I watched the entire Lost series in a few weeks, watching like 5 or more episodes per day! Did the same with The Shield. Did the same with The Walking Dead, but have been caught up for some time now.

I did binge watch Archer a couple of weeks ago.

jimnyc
10-11-2015, 09:03 AM
I did binge watch Archer a couple of weeks ago.

You watch Game of Thrones? Binge that one, but you'll catch up quick.

Motown
10-11-2015, 09:05 AM
You watch Game of Thrones? Binge that one, but you'll catch up quick.

I'm not into Game of Thrones but one show I am working my way through now is Fringe. I never heard of this show when it was on, glad I have Fire TV, it's actually pretty good.

WiccanLiberal
10-11-2015, 12:48 PM
I think she lives in NYC, IIRC. My first wife was from NY. I had to teach her to drive. They don't do cars there.

Old car broke down a few months ago and need to save up for a new one. I work in Manhattan and take the rail to work. I run a lot of my errands while I am in town so I can male use of subways.

Perianne
10-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Old car broke down a few months ago and need to save up for a new one. I work in Manhattan and take the rail to work. I run a lot of my errands while I am in town so I can male use of subways.

I thought you rode a broomstick? :)

joking

Gunny
10-11-2015, 02:47 PM

YOU on a couple pots of coffee? I got a cable tied to the tree out back.

Gunny
10-11-2015, 02:49 PM

I thought you rode a broomstick? :)

joking

Yeah, what happened to the broom?:laugh:

WiccanLiberal
10-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Yeah, what happened to the broom?:laugh:

The broom's a sport model - no room for the groceries.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-AF7HFoo1tBydL0yIUsphNlpWi3jzvXT2oIGu20TqDih-mZnL

Gunny
10-11-2015, 03:07 PM
The broom's a sport model - no room for the groceries.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-AF7HFoo1tBydL0yIUsphNlpWi3jzvXT2oIGu20TqDih-mZnL

LMAO. I got to spread around to rep you again. :laugh2:

Hey Jim, you slacker, where's the witch riding a broom emoticon? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
10-11-2015, 04:25 PM
YOU on a couple pots of coffee? I got a cable tied to the tree out back.

You have no idea. I sometimes drink so much coffee that I need medication to prevent an anxiety attack. Then I'll be drowsy and drink coffee later to snap out of it. :coffee2::hyper:

jimnyc
10-11-2015, 04:31 PM
LMAO. I got to spread around to rep you again. :laugh2:

Hey Jim, you slacker, where's the witch riding a broom emoticon? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I looked around and can only find the stereotypical witch on a broom - added!

:witchbroom:

Gunny
10-11-2015, 05:02 PM
I looked around and can only find the stereotypical witch on a broom - added!

:witchbroom:

Looks about right. Green face. On a broom. Probably going to turn us both into toads for this shit. :laugh:

WiccanLiberal
10-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Looks about right. Green face. On a broom. Probably going to turn us both into toads for this shit. :laugh:
Prefer goats as they are generally more useful.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fMwcU5Cra0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:witchbroom:Yeehaww!

WiccanLiberal
10-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Need to get away from the techie toys for a bit and take a nice long bubble bath. Maybe a cup of herbal tea.