PDA

View Full Version : WiccanLiberal - Question

Gunny
10-11-2015, 03:24 PM
I have really bad seasonal allergies. I already take garlic and echineacea. Got any other ideas? I HATE taking pharmaceutical pills. The whole man-made chemical thing has never worked with me.

And for you naysayers in the group, wiccans know more about herbs than you'll ever learn.

Perianne
10-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Gunny, have you tried Flonase? It has worked miracles for me.

WiccanLiberal
10-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Red onion water - steep some thinly sliced red onion in fresh water about 4 cups for about 8 hours. It will keep up to 4 days refrigerated. Pour in a glass with some honey to improve the flavor and drink once or twice a day. Red onion has a compound that functions as a natural antihistamine.
Also 1tsp dry peppermint and 1 tsp dried nettle leaf (or if you can get fresh 1/4 cup of each chopped) steep in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes and strain then add a bit of honey and lemon.
Try using a neti pot (available at a lot of chain drugstores). Just make sure you use distilled water in it. And don't line dry your clothes. They pick up pollen.

Incidentally, a lot of the pharmaceutical remedies we use came out of old fashioned herbal knowledge. Hope this helps.

WiccanLiberal
10-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Also not a bad idea but you need to start taking it early and keep it up.

Gunny
10-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Gunny, have you tried Flonase? It has worked miracles for me.

Fries my sinuses.

Gunny
10-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Red onion water - steep some thinly sliced red onion in fresh water about 4 cups for about 8 hours. It will keep up to 4 days refrigerated. Pour in a glass with some honey to improve the flavor and drink once or twice a day. Red onion has a compound that functions as a natural antihistamine.
Also 1tsp dry peppermint and 1 tsp dried nettle leaf (or if you can get fresh 1/4 cup of each chopped) steep in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes and strain then add a bit of honey and lemon.
Try using a neti pot (available at a lot of chain drugstores). Just make sure you use distilled water in it. And don't line dry your clothes. They pick up pollen.

Incidentally, a lot of the pharmaceutical remedies we use came out of old fashioned herbal knowledge. Hope this helps.

Great. Our dryer's broke. :laugh:

I know the honey and lemon thing. That's how drill instructors keep their voice. I'll have to try the red onion thing.

I don't trust pharmaceutical companies. All they want is money. I'm old, remember? Give me some pinicillin and some valium and I'm good. I take the garlic because it is a precursor to penicillin. I don't trust all these "wonder" drugs that 10 years later James L Sokelove has a class action suit against you for. :laugh: