PDA

View Full Version : Suspended after wearing military memorial honoring Marine brother

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
GRESHAM, Ore. – Dexter McCarty Middle School student Alan Holmes understands that his freedom is intricately tied to those who fought and died defending the United States of America.

His older brother joined the U.S. Marines when he was 19 years old and served a tour in Iraq, Fox 12 reports.

But school officials apparently don’t share Holmes understanding or patriotic spirit, and recently forced the eighth-grader to change his shirt that depicted a traditional soldier memorial or face in-school suspension.

Holmes choose the latter.

“The principal, I asked him, is this considered a suspension? He said yes I’ll see you tomorrow and I left,” Holmes told KATU.

“I was just upset. I was heartbroken,” he added. “My brother, he means everything to me. Just being able to help and give back to the people who fought and died for us it just makes me feel good.”

The school dress code states that students cannot wear anything that promotes alcohol, drugs, tobacco or violence. Holmes’ shirt depicted a military rifle barrel first into the ground, with a helmet on top and boots on the bottom. It reads: “Standing for those who stood for us.”

School officials told Holmes the shirt was inappropriate because it contained a weapon, and asked him to instead wear a school shirt, but Holmes refused.

“They won’t let me wear a shirt to supports the people who keep us free,” he told Fox 12, “I’m not going to support them.”

http://eagnews.org/student-suspended-after-wearing-military-memorial-shirt-honoring-marine-brother/

Elessar
10-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Wow!

That is just plain going to far with that lad!

Where is people's common sense?

An old quote comes to mind: "These Days, Common Sense should be considered a Super-Power".

Gunny
10-12-2015, 10:57 PM
GRESHAM, Ore. – Dexter McCarty Middle School student Alan Holmes understands that his freedom is intricately tied to those who fought and died defending the United States of America.

His older brother joined the U.S. Marines when he was 19 years old and served a tour in Iraq, Fox 12 reports.

But school officials apparently don’t share Holmes understanding or patriotic spirit, and recently forced the eighth-grader to change his shirt that depicted a traditional soldier memorial or face in-school suspension.

Holmes choose the latter.

“The principal, I asked him, is this considered a suspension? He said yes I’ll see you tomorrow and I left,” Holmes told KATU.

“I was just upset. I was heartbroken,” he added. “My brother, he means everything to me. Just being able to help and give back to the people who fought and died for us it just makes me feel good.”

The school dress code states that students cannot wear anything that promotes alcohol, drugs, tobacco or violence. Holmes’ shirt depicted a military rifle barrel first into the ground, with a helmet on top and boots on the bottom. It reads: “Standing for those who stood for us.”

School officials told Holmes the shirt was inappropriate because it contained a weapon, and asked him to instead wear a school shirt, but Holmes refused.

“They won’t let me wear a shirt to supports the people who keep us free,” he told Fox 12, “I’m not going to support them.”

http://eagnews.org/student-suspended-after-wearing-military-memorial-shirt-honoring-marine-brother/

Who the fuck ever suspended him should be beaten by fucking ME. I'll teach him how to dishonor someone. Drag his ass naked through the parking lot and throw him in the street. And since Jeff gave me his fukkin diseases through the internet somehow, just think I wouldn't. I get all kinds of bitchy and nukyular when I'm sick.

Dishonor a Marine? FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE. You ain't got the balls to be one.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Who the fuck ever suspended him should be beaten by fucking ME. I'll teach him how to dishonor someone. Drag his ass naked through the parking lot and throw him in the street. And since Jeff gave me his fukkin diseases through the internet somehow, just think I wouldn't. I get all kinds of bitchy and nukyular when I'm sick.

Dishonor a Marine? FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE. You ain't got the balls to be one.

Would be too late if I could lay my hands on that worthless bastard first my friend!-Tyr

Gunny
10-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Would be too late if I could lay my hands on that worthless bastard first my friend!-Tyr

Probably be more humane though.

Gunny
10-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Man serves his country so these puss-wads have a right to run their sucks and his brother can't honor him by wearing our colors? I'd like to see someone tell MY daughter that. You wouldn't have to worry about where WWIII was start. She STILL wears my Marine Corps t-shirts.

I ain't striking my colors for ANYTHING nor ANYONE. I'll die with them on first. And any limp dick punkass pussy that thinks otherwise can come try and take them.

Noir
10-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Thread about a school going over the top about what a students wearing? That's a first.

jimnyc
10-13-2015, 06:17 AM
Thread about a school going over the top about what a students wearing? That's a first.

Admittedly, out schools are screwed up as far as that's concerned. It's a shame that a lot of these schools are more worried about what kids wear than they are the actual educations.

But I have to wonder who makes these decisions? anti-violence and such? Now our education systems are banning pictures of our own military. Sad.

Gunny
10-13-2015, 06:35 AM

You can turn the White House into a gay-ass rainbow but a kid in school can't wear the scarlet n gold in honor of his brother? I'd make sure I busted out all my cammies and every Marine tee shirt I own and you'd never get me out of them and I'd wave them in your face. You EARN the RIGHT to wear those colors. They don't come free like you think your rights do.

You don't get it because you've probably never fought for a damned thing in your life. Me and every other vet out there have more blood, sweat and tears, broken bones and heartache invested in our RIGHT to wear our colors and I'll be damned before I strike them to some mealy-mouthed, leftwingnut pussy. Bet if it was a rainbow flag or a picture of Muhammed or big old pot leaf it'd be just fine.

And this isn't even close to being the first thread on the topic. I'm sick of this leftwingnut shit that you can't wear anything patriotic. You can wear any damned thing else just so long as it slams us and our country.

Just who TF do you weak ass wimps thinks gives you the right to even open your mouths?

jimnyc
10-13-2015, 06:44 AM
A friend just gave me this shirt like a week ago. I would wear this instead. Only implied violence. :)

http://i.imgur.com/ByZRa6B.jpg

Gunny
10-13-2015, 08:02 AM
A friend just gave me this shirt like a week ago. I would wear this instead. Only implied violence. :)

http://i.imgur.com/ByZRa6B.jpg

Might work for YOU. When have you ever known me to imply jack anything?:laugh:

CSM
10-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Gunny may not be the most eloquent poster on this board but he sure gets his point across!

Gunny
10-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Gunny may not be the most eloquent poster on this board but he sure gets his point across!

I thought I was being all kinds of polite n shit, SgtMaj. Everyone's still breathing ain't they? :laugh:

CSM
10-13-2015, 12:42 PM
I thought I was being all kinds of polite n shit, SgtMaj. Everyone's still breathing ain't they? :laugh:

Good Point. Tact is now your middle name!

Gunny
10-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Good Point. Tact is now your middle name!

LMAO. That was the one thing I always got an Excellent instead of an outstanding on my fitness reports for. I forget what you Army guys call it -- an eval? I always got hammered. Been told once that if "prick" was a option, I'd get an exemplary. :laugh:

Christie Brinkley
10-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Just part of the war against national identity and patriotism pushed by organisations such as the UN and its propaganda wings.

Our police officers were told not to wear this to honor a dead officer who was killed after being ran over by a scum bag. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11925282/Union-flag-badge-tribute-against-regulations.html)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7773&stc=1

There was also another case of an RAF sergeant in a hospital being asked to move behind a wall because it 'might offend'. (http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/26/hospital-moved-raf-sergeant-over-fears-his-uniform-would-upset-patients)

The point is political correctness is meant to wage war against freedoms and national/cultural identity.

Gunny
10-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Just part of the war against national identity and patriotism pushed by organisations such as the UN and its propaganda wings.

Our police officers were told not to wear this to honor a dead officer who was killed after being ran over by a scum bag. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11925282/Union-flag-badge-tribute-against-regulations.html)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7773&stc=1

There was also another case of an RAF sergeant in a hospital being asked to move behind a wall because it 'might offend'. (http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/26/hospital-moved-raf-sergeant-over-fears-his-uniform-would-upset-patients)

The point is political correctness is meant to wage war against freedoms and national/cultural identity.

I'll take the St Andrew's Cross part of that. :laugh:

It isn't so much about national identity. It's about being white and European. If you're ANY other color or race or religion, it's "pride in your heritage". We, on the other hand, are racists.

Christie Brinkley
10-13-2015, 01:18 PM
I'll take the St Andrew's Cross part of that. :laugh:

It isn't so much about national identity. It's about being white and European. If you're ANY other color or race or religion, it's "pride in your heritage". We, on the other hand, are racists.
This obscene ridiculousness would not ever happen in other non white/non european nations.

Imagine in Kenya for example if military personnel were asked to stand behind walls in hospitals to not offend minorities!

Gunny
10-13-2015, 01:28 PM
This obscene ridiculousness would not ever happen in other non white/non european nations.

Imagine in Kenya for example if military personnel were asked to stand behind walls in hospitals to not offend minorities!

Yeah. Good luck with THAT. I don't recall seeing any of those armed groups of morons when I was there and nobody cared that doc was white giving out free shots, nor us giving up all our chow and extra clothes.

Sounds like you kind of been there. When you have to eat, you don't have the luxury of worrying about everyone else is doing.

Christie Brinkley
10-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah. Good luck with THAT. I don't recall seeing any of those armed groups of morons when I was there and nobody cared that doc was white giving out free shots, nor us giving up all our chow and extra clothes.

Sounds like you kind of been there. When you have to eat, you don't have the luxury of worrying about everyone else is doing.
Imagine me going to Kenya and demanding they take their countries flags down in schools?

If a mexican immigrant came to the states and demanded the flag be put down because it offends, believe me he would be listened to.

Gunny
10-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Imagine me going to Kenya and demanding they take their countries flags down in schools?

If a mexican immigrant came to the states and demanded the flag be put down because it offends, believe me he would be listened to.

Been in two of places and for now at least, still live in one. You are definitely correct in your last sentence. Already happened.

Christie Brinkley
10-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Been in two of places and for now at least, still live in one. You are definitely correct in your last sentence. Already happened.
If you did that in mexico you would be laughed at. Rightly so as well.