PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush has a new plan to 'repeal and replace' Obamacare

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is set to become the third major Republican presidential candidate to introduce a plan to "repeal and replace" the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, a feat that has eluded Republicans since the law's passage more than five years ago.

Bush plans to unveil the plan Tuesday morning during a campaign stop in New Hampshire.

The plan, an outline of which was unveiled by his campaign Monday night, aims to foster "innovation," lower health costs by providing tax credits to shoppers and promoting health-savings accounts, and place more control in state government rather than Washington.

Bush is the third major Republican candidate to release an Obamacare-centric plan, along with US Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker unveiled his healthcare proposals earlier this year before he dropped out of the race.

Bush's entry highlights the extent of lingering Republican opposition to US President Barack Obama's signature legislative achievement, even as its provisions continue to kick in and the US Supreme Court earlier this year upheld a key provision of the law.

"Obamacare, a government takeover of more than one-sixth of the American economy, epitomizes why Americans are fed up with Washington," said Allie Brandenburger, a spokeswoman for Bush. "Jeb believes we must repeal Obamacare and offer a conservative vision and plan of healthcare for the future."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jeb-bush-plan-repeal-replace-221702400.html;_ylt=A0LEVzOiSBxWuAcAvJBXNyoA;_ylu= X3oDMTEyODRjcmJxBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjAzND FfMQRzZWMDc2M-

fj1200
10-13-2015, 09:10 AM
We'll see if he gets a chance to implement.

jimnyc
10-13-2015, 09:11 AM
We'll see if he gets a chance to implement.

My guess is no. Then again, at this point, no one gave the big eared community leader a chance either.

fj1200
10-13-2015, 09:42 AM
My guess is no. Then again, at this point, no one gave the big eared community leader a chance either.

I'm guessing one of them will but the difference between the past 5 years and after the election is that BO was never going to sign a law repealing ACA.