PDA

View Full Version : We All Had Doubts About Iraq Except Tony

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 12:17 AM
No doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Andrew Grice, Political Editor
Published: 09 July 2007

All of Tony Blair's closest aides had "severe moments of doubt" about his decision to join the American invasion of Iraq, Alastair Campbell reveals in his diaries, published today.

Downing Street's former director of communications suggests that Mr Blair was the only member of his inner circle who did not have private reservations about the decision to topple Saddam Hussein.

The Blair Years describes the scene in the former prime minister's Commons room after he won the crucial vote on the eve of the war despite a rebellion by 139 Labour MPs. He wrote at the time: "All of us, I think, had had pretty severe moments of doubt but he hadn't really, or if he had he had hidden them from us. Now there was no going back at all."

The previous day, the Cabinet met without Robin Cook, who had resigned over the war. According to Mr Campbell, John Prescott, John Reid and one or two other cabinet ministers "looked physically sick".

Clare Short, who did not resign for another two months, told colleagues: "I'm going to have my little agonising overnight." Mr Campbell accuses her of "making a complete fool of herself".

In a prophetic remark, Mr Reid told the Cabinet: "We will be judged by the Iraq that replaces Saddam's Iraq, and by the Middle East." Lord Irvine of Lairg, then Lord Chancellor, warned that the public would think America and Britain needed a further United Nations resolution before taking military action because the Government had made so much effort to get one. Mr Blair admitted that public opinion in Britain was less favourable towards intervention than in the United States.

More: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article2747722.ece

Unless you pay attention to the facts and not what the cowboy prez has to say.

Cowboys ain’t nearly what they make themselves up to be.

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 03:48 PM
No doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Andrew Grice, Political Editor
Published: 09 July 2007

All of Tony Blair's closest aides had "severe moments of doubt" about his decision to join the American invasion of Iraq, Alastair Campbell reveals in his diaries, published today.

Downing Street's former director of communications suggests that Mr Blair was the only member of his inner circle who did not have private reservations about the decision to topple Saddam Hussein.

The Blair Years describes the scene in the former prime minister's Commons room after he won the crucial vote on the eve of the war despite a rebellion by 139 Labour MPs. He wrote at the time: "All of us, I think, had had pretty severe moments of doubt but he hadn't really, or if he had he had hidden them from us. Now there was no going back at all."

The previous day, the Cabinet met without Robin Cook, who had resigned over the war. According to Mr Campbell, John Prescott, John Reid and one or two other cabinet ministers "looked physically sick".

Clare Short, who did not resign for another two months, told colleagues: "I'm going to have my little agonising overnight." Mr Campbell accuses her of "making a complete fool of herself".

In a prophetic remark, Mr Reid told the Cabinet: "We will be judged by the Iraq that replaces Saddam's Iraq, and by the Middle East." Lord Irvine of Lairg, then Lord Chancellor, warned that the public would think America and Britain needed a further United Nations resolution before taking military action because the Government had made so much effort to get one. Mr Blair admitted that public opinion in Britain was less favourable towards intervention than in the United States.

More: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article2747722.ece

Unless you pay attention to the facts and not what the cowboy prez has to say.

Cowboys ain’t nearly what they make themselves up to be.

Are all your posts attacks on the Bush Administration?

Psychoblues
07-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Nope.

Are all your posts attacks on the Bush Administration?

Are all your posts a feeble attemt to embellish the pile of shit you call leadership?

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 03:18 AM
You can run but you can't hide, nm.

stephanie
07-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Yee haaaaaa. ridem cowboy...

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Some of them just need ridin', cowgirl.

Yee haaaaaa. ridem cowboy...

How do you really feel about it? I already know you want to be ridden.

stephanie
07-14-2007, 04:46 AM
Some of them just need ridin', cowgirl.

How do you really feel about it? I already know you want to be ridden.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Tell me when it's too deep.

I'll back out but I won't pull out. Sheesh, you're such a wonk for self satisfaction!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Tell me when it's too deep.

I'll back out but I won't pull out. Sheesh, you're such a wonk for self satisfaction!!!!!!!!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 05:06 AM
See what I mean?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif

Not you, staphy, everybody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-14-2007, 05:07 AM
See what I mean?

Not you, staphy, everybody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Wow!!!!! You get off on anything!!!!!!!

Care for an amber shower? :pee:

stephanie
07-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Wow!!!!! You get off on anything!!!!!!!

Care for an amber shower? :pee:

Never had one.........

Are you offering???

And, is that your gig with everyone????:poke:

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 05:23 AM
The only one you'll ever get from is is the one I gave you in that post, staphy.

Never had one.........

Are you offering???

And, is that your gig with everyone????:poke:

I got lot's of gigs. Your interest in golden showers, however, tells me very much about your gigs.

stephanie
07-14-2007, 06:24 AM
The only one you'll ever get from is is the one I gave you in that post, staphy.

I got lot's of gigs. Your interest in golden showers, however, tells me very much about your gigs.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/clintonportrait.gif

:laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Your cartoons are not funny anymore, staphy.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/clintonportrait.gif

But I love the portrait!!!!!!!!!!

glockmail
07-14-2007, 09:15 AM
...All of Tony Blair's closest aides had "severe moments of doubt" about his decision to join the American invasion of Iraq, Alastair Campbell reveals in his diaries, published today. ...

That's why he was the PM, able to make those tough calls, not like lesser men.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Lesser men?

Like you?

stephanie
07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Your cartoons are not funny anymore, staphy.

But I love the portrait!!!!!!!!!!

but of course you would...

Cause it has your hero in it....

But.....you put down the two men, (Blair and Bush),who hasn't be caught in a compromising position, that could of been a danger to their countries............Figures.....

stephanie
07-16-2007, 01:20 AM
I have never seen...

So many(and I'm sorry, but I have to use this term with deep trepidations), Vets...........Calling for and demanding that our troops in Iraq be defeated...

Whether you feel the mission in Iraq is right or wrong....

For now.....Any Veteran calling for them to admit defeat.......

In my eyes.........are a traitor to your position in the military, and to your honor to the troops that you served with....

I know from experience, that the troops who are serving or getting ready to serve in Iraq................

Truly believe they are doing a Good thing, by freeing 25 million people from a brutal dictator.......

Do we wish thing have been done differently.........Yes..

Do we wish, that the Iraqis had stood up sooner on their own......Yes...

But, anyone now calling for us to retreat, and leave these brave people with their purple fingers sticking up in the air............to a certain death....

Is unconsciable............

I still stand behind President Bush, and the freeing of the 50 million people struggling for freedom in Afghanistan and Iraq.....

And........I damn sure stand behind our brave soldiers......who went in and accomplished this...................Nobel mission.........

Thank you...:salute::salute:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 01:28 AM
I admire your committment to our troops and agree that they are doing the very best that they can under the circumstanses and have the very best of intentions in doing so. However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have never seen...

So many(and I'm sorry, but I have to use this term with deep trepidations), Vets...........Calling for and demanding that our troops in Iraq be defeated...

Whether you feel the mission in Iraq is right or wrong....

For now.....Any Veteran calling for them to admit defeat.......

In my eyes.........are a traitor to your position in the military, and to your honor to the troops that you served with....

I know from experience, that the troops who are serving or getting ready to serve in Iraq................

Truly believe they are doing a Good thing, by freeing 25 million people from a brutal dictator.......

Do we wish thing have been done differently.........Yes..

Do we wish, that the Iraqis had stood up sooner on their own......Yes...

But, anyone now calling for us to retreat, and leave these brave people with their purple fingers sticking up in the air............to a certain death....

Is unconsciable............

I still stand behind President Bush, and the freeing of the 50 million people struggling for freedom in Afghanistan and Iraq.....

And........I damn sure stand behind our brave soldiers......who went in and accomplished this...................Nobel mission.........

Thank you...:salute::salute:

I'm not so sure that their endeavors were not precipitated by simple lies or otherwise obfuscation from the truth as I was in Viet Nam. gwb is no actual Veteran, nor is he a military man by any stretch and he is certainly not qualified for the job he now holds. But, we'll let history work all of that out.

stephanie
07-16-2007, 01:48 AM
I admire your commitment to our troops and agree that they are doing the very best that they can under the circumstances and have the very best of intentions in doing so. However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm not so sure that their endeavors were not precipitated by simple lies or otherwise obfuscation from the truth as I was in Viet Nam. gwb is no actual Veteran, nor is he a military man by any stretch and he is certainly not qualified for the job he now holds. But, we'll let history work all of that out.

Hey My Friend......

We agree on this to some degree....

You still want to fall into........Bush lies.....well we have proof that the Clinton Admin.....was saying the same thing....

Ok.......so what......We are THERE...

We need to stand BEHIND OUR TROOPS and the people in the middle east that we are TRYING to give freedom too...

Please tell.......your democrat congresscritters and our Republican congresscritters......

That OUR TROOPS........NEED TO SEE A UNITED FRONT......

FOR ONCE...........CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG????????:salute::salute:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Clinton tried, you cried, bUsh lied and you tried.

Hey My Friend......

We agree on this to some degree....

You still want to fall into........Bush lies.....well we have proof that the Clinton Admin.....was saying the same thing....

Ok.......so what......We are THERE...

We need to stand BEHIND OUR TROOPS and the people in the middle east that we are TRYING to give freedom too...

Please tell.......your democrat congresscritters and our Republican congresscritters......

That OUR TROOPS........NEED TO SEE A UNITED FRONT......

FOR ONCE...........CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG????????:salute::salute:

What do we need to discuss?

stephanie
07-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Clinton tried, you cried, Bush lied and you tried.

What do we need to discuss?

Nothing.......You stick to your hateful post.......

And the rest of us.........will try and figure out the coming together of us people...

AS AMERICANS..........WHO CARE...

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 02:09 AM
"You Fool"?

Good nite.........you fool.....

What an appropriate comment from the Queen of Fools.

stephanie
07-16-2007, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=Psychoblues;90467]"You Fool"?

What an appropriate comment from the Queen of Fools.[/QUOTE

Love ya.....Psychsoblues.....

Have a Busch beer on me.......

I can afford to bye ya one......:cheers2:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 02:18 AM
I love you, too, Staphy!!!!!!

[QUOTE]

Love ya.....Psychsoblues.....

Have a Busch beer on me.......

I can afford to bye ya one......:cheers2:

Thanks for the Busch and a Cape Cod is waiting for you on the Bar!!!!!!!!!! I've already bye'd it.

stephanie
07-16-2007, 02:23 AM
I love you, too, Staphy!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Stephanie;90468]

Thanks for the Busch and a Cape Cod is waiting for you on the Bar!!!!!!!!!! I've already bye'd it.

You're on my friend......

Even though.......we don't agree much........politically........

Here's a toast.........my cape cod.........to your Busch..........:cheers2:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh Lord,,,,,,,,,I just had a refreshing thought!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 03:01 AM
Oh Lord,,,,,,,,,I just had a refreshing thought!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a first. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 03:09 AM
You are so silly, nm!!!!!

Not to mention your unending stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-16-2007, 03:11 AM

It's REALLY NOT.........the First.......

But..............It is rare.........:laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 03:12 AM
You are so silly, nm!!!!!

Not to mention your unending stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Bent moron.

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 03:51 AM
Bent like you, moran?

Get Bent moron.

You are so nice!!!!!!!! I am slowly but certainly picking up on the CONservative Dictionary Of Attributes.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Bent like you, moran?

You are so nice!!!!!!!! I am slowly but certainly picking up on the CONservative Dictionary Of Attributes.

Moran? :laugh2: Idiot.

stephanie
07-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Moron...................Moran.......

It's a simple mistake.........:poke:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 04:12 AM
Thanks, staphy, but I don't think either one of you really got the message.

Moron...................Moran.......

It's a simple mistake.........:poke:

This one has been addressed several times on this site so I'l let you do your research on your own or forever die in your ignorance.

stephanie
07-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Thanks, staphy, but I don't think either one of you really got the message.

This one has been addressed several times on this site so Ill let you do your research on your own or forever die in your ignorance.

Whatever....

If one cannot admit their own short comings

Who...........are we??...........

To......point out.........the mistakes they make, as a way of..embarassing of another...

so be it.......

If by doing so......... it makes feel.....superior.........Shame on you...

Live and let live....:clap:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Your short comings will never become my own, staphy.

Whatever....

If one cannot admit their own short comings

Who...........are we??...........

To......point out.........the mistakes them...

so be it.......

Live and let live....:clap:

But your admitted politics reflect that you would rather not live and let live. Whose chain are you trying to yank?

stephanie
07-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Your short comings will never become my own, staphy.

But your admitted politics reflect that you would rather not live and let live. Whose chain are you trying to yank?

I love ya......my dear.....

No matter your party affiliation....

Have a great nite....

Talk at ya in the morning...:laugh2:

glockmail
07-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Lesser men?

Like you?

If I was in his position I would make some very tough calls. Like bombing a mosque where some terrorists are hiding and shooting our guys. Like regulating Islamic activity in the Homeland and eliminating nearly all immigration from muslims. Like building a lot more nuke plants and becoming a net exporter of energy, and telling the damn arabs to take their oil and pound sand. Like reuiring all 18 year olds to serve their country for two years.

Does that make me a lesser man in your eyes? :pee:

Gaffer
07-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Steph there are a number of Vets that are buying into the iraq bullshit, after all its forced down their throats daily from the left. But I don't think there are as many as you believe or the libs wish. Many of these "vets" turn out not to have served at all. Just wanna be's and phonies like psicko.

Wanna know what the real vets are doing and saying, check out the Gathering of Eagles sites. For every one anti war vet, there are 100 supporting the effort and the troops. The libs just want you to think there are lots of them. The usual lies.

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 03:41 AM
I agree partially, gm.

If I was in his position I would make some very tough calls. Like bombing a mosque where some terrorists are hiding and shooting our guys. Like regulating Islamic activity in the Homeland and eliminating nearly all immigration from muslims. Like building a lot more nuke plants and becoming a net exporter of energy, and telling the damn arabs to take their oil and pound sand. Like reuiring all 18 year olds to serve their country for two years.

Does that make me a lesser man in your eyes? :pee:

When this country reinstates the draft and requires ALL over the age of 18 to serve this country then our considerations for WAR will be greatly more thought out. In fact, I think the disapproval ratings will go from the present 72% to about 99.9%

stephanie
07-21-2007, 04:05 AM
I agree partially, gm.

When this country reinstates the draft and requires ALL over the age of 18 to serve this country then our considerations for WAR will be greatly more thought out. In fact, I think the disapproval ratings will go from the present 72% to about 99.9%

And that's something you would look forward to....???

How sad, coming from another Vet...

If the first would trade center bombing, the USS Cole, and then 9/11, wasn't enough of a declaration of war in your eyes.......

Then we should all go bury our heads in the sand, all the way up to our asses, and HOPE THEY NEVER ATTACT US AGAIN....

:salute:

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Why do you obfuscate?

And that's something you would look forward to....???

How sad, coming from another Vet...

If the first would trade center bombing, the USS Cole, and then 9/11, wasn't enough of a declaration of war in your eyes.......

Then we should all go bury our heads in the sand, all the way up to our asses, and HOPE THEY NEVER ATTACT US AGAIN....

:salute:

My AGREEMENT defies your intelligence?

stephanie
07-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Why do you obfuscate?

My AGREEMENT defies your intelligence?

If you say so......

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 05:00 AM
You answer 2 questions with "if you say so"?

If you say so......

I thought you knew better. Have you had your limit on Cape Cods tonight?

stephanie
07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
You answer 2 questions with "if you say so"?

I thought you knew better. Have you had your limit on Cape Cods tonight?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/git.gif
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/music015.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/juggle.gif

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 05:12 AM
Rock 'n Roll

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/git.gif
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/music015.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/juggle.gif

Hootchie Coo!!!!!!!!!