PDA

View Full Version : Constituencies

Perianne
10-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Interesting graphic I found today:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7774&stc=1

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/heres-who-makes-up-the-democratic-and-republican-parties-in-one-chart/article/2562656

gabosaurus
10-13-2015, 05:51 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/si0pn.jpg

Perianne
10-13-2015, 05:53 PM

Nor have I.

gabosaurus
10-13-2015, 06:09 PM
I have often wondered by otherwise intelligent women vote Republican. It's an anomaly.

Perianne
10-13-2015, 06:10 PM
I have often wondered by otherwise intelligent women vote Republican. It's an anomaly.

I wonder that too, sometimes. Especially since the Republicans are consistently disappointing.

Christie Brinkley
10-14-2015, 04:18 AM
Funny because blacks are being screwed over the most by the Democrats but still they keep voting for them.

indago
10-14-2015, 05:22 AM
Funny because blacks are being screwed over the most by the Democrats but still they keep voting for them.

Masochists all...

Just can't get over their plantation mentality, taking their beating...

Perianne
11-03-2015, 02:13 AM
Actually, all the minority groups vote Democratic.

indago
11-03-2015, 05:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Mn7vcSW6E

revelarts
11-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Blacks were once 99% Republican.
the party of Lincoln, equality and freedom.
Until Dem federal leaders like FDR and Truman helped civil rights in the military by giving equal pay and benefits and then desegregating it.
Then Kennedy and LBJ helped with civil rights -again as Dem leadership on the federal level- with the civil rights acts. and stood on behave of the movement.
Then the racist southern democrats state leadership like Strom Thurmond, switched parties with many other rank and file -jim crow-dixicrats- democrats to the Republican party. Who then continued to promote the same anti-black policies but now as southern Republicans.

Blacks saw all the above and switched to Democrat and have been voting IMO mainly on inertia ever since.
But those votes are also fueled by both sides playing off republicans like, frankly you Perrianne, and other Rs that like to wave rebel flags and play down racism in the civil war and civil rights era. And try an dismiss racism today as a real factor of any degree. But only see it as tool used against them.

Also republicans saying people are to dumb to know better, somehow never seems to help draw people to the republican POV.
Perriane as you said in another context. "why should people want to go where they're not wanted?".

Perianne
11-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Blacks were once 99% Republican.
the party of Lincoln, equality and freedom.
Until Dem federal leaders like FDR and Truman helped civil rights in the military by giving equal pay and benefits and then desegregating it.
Then Kennedy and LBJ helped with civil rights -again as Dem leadership on the federal level- with the civil rights acts. and stood on behave of the movement.
Then the racist southern democrats state leadership like Strom Thurmond, switched parties with many other rank and file -jim crow-dixicrats- democrats to the Republican party. Who then continued to promote the same anti-black policies but now as southern Republicans.

Blacks saw all the above and switched to Democrat and have been voting IMO mainly on inertia ever since.
But those votes are also fueled by both sides playing off republicans like, frankly you Perrianne, and other Rs that like to wave rebel flags and play down racism in the civil war and civil rights era. And try an dismiss racism today as a real factor of any degree. But only see it as tool used against them.

Also republicans saying people are to dumb to know better, somehow never seems to help draw people to the republican POV.
Perriane as you said in another context. "why should people want to go where they're not wanted?".

Perianne has only one "r", not two.

Kennedy and Lincoln both were huge supporters of black rights, though Lincoln inadvertently so. Providence saw that both got shot in the head.

LBJ: "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them niggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

Prior to the 1960s, blacks knew their place in life and were not a terrible problem other than their propensity for raping white women, but that was taken care of by an equal pushback by white groups. When the crime family - the Kennedys - stole the 1960 election, America was primed for disintegration. Kennedy had a hole put in his head, but Johnson carried out the first major step in destroying America.

So today, Democrats carry on the 50-year tradition of seeming to care about black lives. It doesn't matter to the Democrats that America was a rising nation until the 1960s and that she has been declining ever since because of his legislation. In fact, black lives matter so little to the first black president that he is opening the borders to bring in people to compete directly with blacks for jobs.... that is, Mexicans and the like.

So, however one looks at it, the timing is interesting that America's decline began with the rise of the Civil Rights era. That era of course led to protected rights for every fringe and freak group in America, most recently gay marriage. Gay marriage is completely compatible with what the Democrats started in the 1960s and is the result thereof.

Democratic leaders destroyed America for the sake of about 10-15% of the population, that is, the Negro population.

revelarts
11-03-2015, 09:29 AM
wow.

Kennedy and Lincoln both were huge supporters of black rights, though Lincoln inadvertently so. Providence saw that both got shot in the head.

LBJ: "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them niggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

Most blacks aren't/we'ren't blind to the political moves of LBJ or the motives and beliefs of Lincoln or others. But despite their racist mindsets their ACTIONS in politics moved blacks to vote for them.

But it's fairly shocking .. even (or especially) from you. to see what looks like celebration over the crimes of shooting officials in the head.

Prior to the 1960s, blacks knew their place in life and were not a terrible problem other than their propensity for raping white women, but that was taken care of by an equal pushback by white groups. When the crime family - the Kennedys - stole the 1960 election, America was primed for disintegration. Kennedy had a hole put in his head, but Johnson carried out the first major step in destroying America.

So today, Democrats carry on the 50-year tradition of seeming to care about black lives. It doesn't matter to the Democrats that America was a rising nation until the 1960s and that she has been declining ever since because of his legislation. In fact, black lives matter so little to the first black president that he is opening the borders to bring in people to compete directly with blacks for jobs.... that is, Mexicans and the like.

So, however one looks at it, the timing is interesting that America's decline began with the rise of the Civil Rights era. That era of course led to protected rights for every fringe and freak group in America, most recently gay marriage. Gay marriage is completely compatible with what the Democrats started in the 1960s and is the result thereof.

Democratic leaders destroyed America for the sake of about 10-15% of the population, that is, the Negro population.

See, this is an example of how Republicans have been winning the Black vote.

Gunny
11-03-2015, 09:34 AM

You're a f*cking moron. You're best answers are a stupid pic and trying to play the woman card. The Dems have done about as much for women as they have these "I'm entitled" so-called former slaves. Women who have enough balls to get out there and EARN (I KNOW that's a foreign word to you lazy-ass, entitled lefties) what they have don't need your sorry-ass party of unfulfilled promises.

The party of frauds and liars. Why I said Jesse Ventura should come out of the closet and join your little coffee clatch.

Perianne
11-03-2015, 12:58 PM

I want to apologize to all, especially revelarts, for the above post. It was beneath me. And not that it's an excuse, but I am experiencing some altered mental status related to pain and muscle relaxer medication. I have been posting little because of that.

Again, my apologies. If jimnyc wants me to leave this forum because of this post, I will. For that matter, if anyone wants me to leave because of that post, I will do it.

My apologies. I am sincerely sorry. I wish Jim would remove it.

Perianne was bad girl this morning.

Elessar
11-03-2015, 01:16 PM
I want to apologize to all, especially @revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760), for the above post. It was beneath me. And not that it's an excuse, but I am experiencing some altered mental status related to pain and muscle relaxer medication. I have been posting little because of that.

Again, my apologies. If @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) wants me to leave this forum because of this post, I will. For that matter, if anyone wants me to leave because of that post, I will do it.

Speak your peace.

What the hell is wrong with doing that?

You showed a lot of class by backing off and regretting what you wrote.
Not too many have the grace to do that.

Gunny
11-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I want to apologize to all, especially @revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760), for the above post. It was beneath me. And not that it's an excuse, but I am experiencing some altered mental status related to pain and muscle relaxer medication. I have been posting little because of that.

Again, my apologies. If @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) wants me to leave this forum because of this post, I will. For that matter, if anyone wants me to leave because of that post, I will do it.

Perianne stop being so sensitive. No one that matters wants you to leave. If Jim wanted you gone, you wouldn't have to guess at it. The ones of us that matter don't need apologies. We might jump your butt in a thread, but it begins and ends there with us. You missed the point I made earlier. We might argue about crap but this is a people board. You can't judge it by other boards that have different agendas. But you need to stop being so sensitive about stuff.

If the consensus was you didn't belong, it wouldn't take Jim. The rest of us would hound you off. This is another one of those Twilight Zone moments for me. I don't know where this came from. Just let it ride. If someone disagrees with you, so be it. Crap, I've been accused of and called everything in the book.

What I DON'T like is being the damned peacemaker around here. I'm about as peaceful as the bomb named after me. Y'all need to get off this sensitivity kick.

If nobody wanted you here, a blind eye would be turned to me in the lead running you out. But you can't keep expressing that you think we don't want you here. It gets old. If someone disagrees. big deal.

Black Diamond
11-03-2015, 01:36 PM
I want to apologize to all, especially revelarts, for the above post. It was beneath me. And not that it's an excuse, but I am experiencing some altered mental status related to pain and muscle relaxer medication. I have been posting little because of that.

Again, my apologies. If jimnyc wants me to leave this forum because of this post, I will. For that matter, if anyone wants me to leave because of that post, I will do it.

You can stay, but I get to spank you.

fj1200
11-03-2015, 01:43 PM
wow.

Indeed.

Perianne
11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
@Perianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2722) stop being so sensitive. No one that matters wants you to leave. If Jim wanted you gone, you wouldn't have to guess at it. The ones of us that matter don't need apologies. We might jump your butt in a thread, but it begins and ends there with us. You missed the point I made earlier. We might argue about crap but this is a people board. You can't judge it by other boards that have different agendas. But you need to stop being so sensitive about stuff.

If the consensus was you didn't belong, it wouldn't take Jim. The rest of us would hound you off. This is another one of those Twilight Zone moments for me. I don't know where this came from. Just let it ride. If someone disagrees with you, so be it. Crap, I've been accused of and called everything in the book.

What I DON'T like is being the damned peacemaker around here. I'm about as peaceful as the bomb named after me. Y'all need to get off this sensitivity kick.

If nobody wanted you here, a blind eye would be turned to me in the lead running you out. But you can't keep expressing that you think we don't want you here. It gets old. If someone disagrees. big deal.

@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), I am not being sensitive. I posted a bad thing and I feel bad about it.

And I don't think that people don't want me here. I get a lot of 'thanks" for my posts, but sometimes I feel bad about what I post if it hurts someone else. It's what makes me me.

Gunny
11-03-2015, 01:54 PM
You can stay, but I get to spank you.

She's too tiny for you to spank, ass. You'd be ashamed of yourself if you did. You're a Texan, right? So you KNOW exactly how I sound with my drawl and all. Means you also know just about how I'm going to react to picking on girls. :death:

Let the woman have her say. Y'all can let the woman have her say without being mean.

Perianne
11-03-2015, 01:56 PM
She's too tiny for you to spank, ass. You'd be ashamed of yourself if you did. You're a Texan, right? So you KNOW exactly how I sound with my drawl and all. Means you also know just about how I'm going to react to picking on girls. :death:

Let the woman have her say. Y'all can let the woman have her say without being mean.

I think he was just flirting, Gunny. No harm. But I do love a man who will take up for me.

Black Diamond
11-03-2015, 02:18 PM

I assure you it was innocent. It was my way of saying she should stay here

Gunny
11-03-2015, 02:22 PM
I think he was just flirting, Gunny. No harm. But I do love a man who will take up for me.

Man's a Texan. Unless we changed lately, I know he was just playing. So was I. You've seen me when I'm serious. I'd expect a real Texan to hurt a little woman like I expect pigs to fly. We might beat on each other in bars, but that's different. :halounplugged:

At the same time .. YOU can be wrong and be disagreed with and not take it so personally. If you're a Texan, I'm screwing with you. If you're a Marine, I'm screwing with you. THAT is the way us boys play.

revelarts
11-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Perrianne, We've Pm'd on this so you know i'm not upset with you.
And I'm not petitioning for you or anyone to leave. It's a debate forum. People have different views.
But I do hope and pray that you leave your hellish racist views behind.
And if you're a Christian there's no doubt you'll leave all that sewage on earth at the least.

Gunny
11-03-2015, 02:45 PM
And I'm not petitioning for you or anyone to leave. It's a debate forum. People have different views.
And if you're a Christian there's no doubt you'll leave all that sewage on earth at the least.

So it's YOU picking on my girl? Going to be a bad day in Bedrock for you, fuckwit. Get your ass out of PM, grow some balls and put it on the board.

You want to see ME get angry? Here's fucking Johnny ....

Why don't you put you your shit on the board? You want to hide out in PM like a little wimp ass motherfucker. Put your shit where we can ALL see it. If you got such a good fucking argument, shouldn't be a problem, RIGHT? Now you just go right and ahead and get me wired more than I already am, creep.

Perianne
11-03-2015, 03:12 PM
So it's YOU picking on my girl? Going to be a bad day in Bedrock for you, fuckwit. Get your ass out of PM, grow some balls and put it on the board.

You want to see ME get angry? Here's fucking Johnny ....

Why don't you put you your shit on the board? You want to hide out in PM like a little wimp ass motherfucker. Put your shit where we can ALL see it. If you got such a good fucking argument, shouldn't be a problem, RIGHT? Now you just go right and ahead and get me wired more than I already am, creep.

Gunny, I PMd him first. He simply replied to me in a very kind manner. All is cool.

Elessar
11-03-2015, 03:13 PM

That part was just plain wrong.

That kind of crap should go to private messages. She is not hellish or racist.
You are a narrow-minded fool that bloviates far too much at times.

Get off the lady's ass.

Gunny
11-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Gunny, I PMd him first. He simply replied to me in a very kind manner. All is cool.

Rev is okay. Doesn't mean I'm not going to give him sh*t and act like a Marine. And since I like you, you're just going to have to suffer with the fact that I protect women and children.

Perianne
11-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Rev is okay. Doesn't mean I'm not going to give him sh*t and act like a Marine. And since I like you, you're just going to have to suffer with the fact that I protect women and children.

'tis fine. I can't ever tell when you are serious or what.

revelarts
11-03-2015, 04:40 PM
You are a narrow-minded fool that bloviates far too much at times.

well if you can't bloviate on a message board where can you.
Is there really such a thing as too much bloviating that's kinda redundant isn't it?

But it's kinda odd that she's the one that said things about black people "knowing their place" etc but i'm somehow the bad guy for calling comments like that hellish and racist?

Elessar there may be a fool here but it's not me this time.

Elessar
11-03-2015, 04:59 PM
well if you can't bloviate on a message board where can you.
Is there really such a thing as too much bloviating that's kinda redundant isn't it?

But it's kinda odd that she's the one that said things about black people "knowing their place" etc but i'm somehow the bad guy for calling comments like that hellish and racist?

Elessar there may be a fool here but it's not me this time.

She retracted it, even though she has a right to express herself. Lots of people
need to know their place no matter who they are. That opinion was no harm.

You just simply rubbed her face in it, smugly as usual, as well as insulting. Really 'Holier Than Thou'...

Whatever blows up your dress, pardner.

Black Diamond
11-03-2015, 05:02 PM
The "hellish" and "racist" portions of revs post were piling on imo.

jimnyc
11-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Are you insane, woman?

Look, many of us say things that are insulting to others from time to time, or things that others think is disgusting, immoral or whatever. Everyone is different, to each their own and all that other jazz. What is extremely offensive to some, may seem like typical bar talk to others. If someone has that much of an issue with what you write, they have the ability to place you on ignore. I would never 86 you for writing how you feel, nor to anyone else.

Besides, unlike many others, you're willing to stand up and do what you just did - which is try an make amends and change things. Far too many simply don't care and would never make that effort. :)

Gunny
11-05-2015, 05:13 PM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), I am not being sensitive. I posted a bad thing and I feel bad about it.

And I don't think that people don't want me here. I get a lot of 'thanks" for my posts, but sometimes I feel bad about what I post if it hurts someone else. It's what makes me me.

You ARE actually sensitive. Stop apologizing to us. Say what you think and quit worrying about what the rest of us think. There ARE some jerks here, and there's the rest of us. We might disagree, but it doesn't mean you aren't wanted here.

Remember your first impression of ME? I don't think Mr Nice Guy was what you were thinking. I keep trying to tell you when you're part of the crew, you're part of the crew. Let someone from outside come on here and pick on you. You'll find a whole bunch of us ain't as nice as you think. And screw with someone on Jim's board. Popcorn time. I can't even get a word in edgewise and I'm the meaner one and not restricted by being board owner..

Perianne
11-05-2015, 05:34 PM
You ARE actually sensitive. Stop apologizing to us. Say what you think and quit worrying about what the rest of us think. There ARE some jerks here, and there's the rest of us. We might disagree, but it doesn't mean you aren't wanted here.

Remember your first impression of ME? I don't think Mr Nice Guy was what you were thinking. I keep trying to tell you when you're part of the crew, you're part of the crew. Let someone from outside come on here and pick on you. You'll find a whole bunch of us ain't as nice as you think. And screw with someone on Jim's board. Popcorn time. I can't even get a word in edgewise and I'm the meaner one and not restricted by being board owner..

What is Jim's board? Isn't this Jim's board?

Black Diamond
11-05-2015, 05:35 PM

He used to own another one.

Gunny
11-05-2015, 05:52 PM

Here we go ...

Jim was the original owner of USMB. He sold it and a bunch of is had an issue with that so he started this one. I ran off and ran USMB for 4 years or so. But a bunch of us have known each other since at least 02. It's different for me because I spent more time on his old board than this one. It wasn't anything personal. I saw an opportunity and took it.

There are about 4 boards that are spins off of Jim's original USMB. Same forums and same people. They just float around depending on where they get banned. FYI, the board you met me on is NOT one of them. If you're a biddy, you go to kat's board. If you're a backstabbing loser you got to Midnight Marauder's board. If you're just plain whacky, you go to No1's board. If you just want to chill, you come to this one.