PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection Of A Lame (Dead) Duck

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 12:49 AM
No lame duck. DEAD duck is for dinner.

“The Bush administration is a cadaver decomposing on America’s doorstep — yet no one will take responsibility for it, no one will give it a decent burial, no one even has the courage to step over it and try to get on with a nation’s decent business. This is the president who cannot be resuscitated and cannot be removed. A lame duck is a thing we’ve dealt with before. But never a pressed duck, duck confit, duck sausage, duck a l’orange. George Bush is the devil’s dinner, the entrée from Hell’s Kitchen. A dead duck in the White House is a constitutional crisis no scholar ever anticipated and no think tank ever analyzed.
The president’s Memorial Day speech at Arlington was a crowning outrage, one that pushed many a patient, hopeful citizen over the edge into incoherent despair. If the dead could literally hear and rotate in their graves, a seismic wave of Richter-scale magnitude would have rolled across the endless green lawns and white marble headstones. “Now this hallowed ground receives a new generation of heroes,” he declaimed. “I hope you find comfort in knowing that your loved ones rest in a place even more peaceful than the fields that surround us here.”
“Aaaargh,” (with seven “a”s) wrote a friend who had watched him on TV, as I have never been able to do. Hypocrisy of such concentrated toxicity seems almost superhuman. “Shame!” we cry, but in America shame died years ago and lies buried in an unmarked grave, perhaps at Arlington. I tried and failed to think of some historical analogy. It was as if a wolf had returned to the sheepfold disguised in a clerical collar, to say a few words over the slaughtered lambs whose blood was still glistening on his whiskers. I could say this more harshly, but the plainest truth is that none of these young soldiers would be dead if George Bush had done his job half as well as they tried to do theirs. Americans are an optimistic and amnesiac people who give their politicians and celebrities a dozen chances — Richard Nixon was half rehabilitated and Don Imus still may be — but what this smirking fool has done to his country will never be forgotten or forgiven.
As Baghdad disintegrated, body bags proliferated and his henchpersons’ many scandals reverberated — as his approval rating scraped bottom near an historic 25%, meaning he’s squandered the trust of at least half the people who voted for him in 2004 — President Bush faced no future but no certain reckoning. Can no one rid us of this albatross? In another culture, not yet entirely contaminated by American shamelessness, Japan’s minister of agriculture hanged himself to atone for his role in a bid-rigging scandal (and his corporate accomplice jumped off a bridge). What a painless and dignified way to rid ourselves of disgraced public servants like George Bush. But it violates Page One of the Karl Rove Manual for power maintenance, the bible of modern American politics — stonewall, spin, distract, threaten, lie outright if you must, but never confess or apologize and never, never resign. (Suicide never enters the picture.) Across the country, from Hawaii to Maine, 70-odd city councils and 14 state Democratic parties have voted to impeach both Bush and Vice President Cheney. Their arguments, well-researched, offer compelling constitutional strategies in a dozen different colors. But in Congress no one seems to have the stomach for the job. Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who would move to the White House if a double impeachment succeeded, declared last winter that impeachment is “off the table.” The most convincing explanation for her reluctance, the one I keep encountering, is that Democrats are so desperate to win the presidency in 2008 that they refuse to relinquish their two most persuasive, most visible arguments for regime change. Voters have no memories, is their unspoken fear, and without these great rotting carcasses stretched out in the national foyer, America might not even remember who gave us the war.”

More: http://www.populist.com/07.12.Crowther.html

No Time For Sergeants in this debacle!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
How stupid....

The libs are........GOING OFF THE DEEP END...

I'm not sure we won't see a Jonestown amongst all the lefty liberals, before 2009...
How firggen sad is that?????

Dumb...dumb dumb....:poke:

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 01:07 AM
The author of that article is no lib, staphy.

How stupid....

The libs are........GOING OFF THE DEEP END...

I'm not sure we won't see a Jones town amongst, all the lefty liberals, before 2009...

Dumb...dumb dumb....:poke:

Obviously your constituency has trained you well. You have no comment or opinion. You have no analyses. You have no gut feeling. You only have "stupid" and "dumb" to protect you.

:cheers2::lame2::finger3::dance::laugh2::poke::pee ::salute::fu:

stephanie
07-09-2007, 01:13 AM
The author of that article is no lib, staphy.

Obviously your constituency has trained you well. You have no comment or opinion. You have no analyses. You have no gut feeling. You only have "stupid" and "dumb" to protect you.

:cheers2::lame2::finger3::dance::laugh2::poke::pee ::salute::fu:

I just follow in the same tract, as your post......:cheers2:

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 01:24 AM
And what "tract" do you suppose that is, staphy?

I just follow in the same tract, as your post......:cheers2:

And how do you make the analogy or the comparison? Are we talking about the article or would you rather continue your as forever indicated fruitless flirtations with me? I mean, personally?

stephanie
07-09-2007, 01:41 AM
And what "tract" do you suppose that is, staph?

And how do you make the analogy or the comparison? Are we talking about the article or would you rather continue your as forever indicated fruitless flirtations with me? I mean, personally?

Oh fer crying out loud.....Are we back to the flirting thingy AGAIN...

You seem to resort to this little game, when someone finally has the balls(especially a woman), to stand up to your put downs, snide remarks, and worthless posts.......:laugh2:

That stupid so called article, I won't even call it writing....from some obscure web poster...My third grader could of written....Yet, you post it as if we're suppose to take as if, someone who is writing something intelligently...
It was stupid writing and reading.....Deal with it..

You should catch back up...into the REAL WORLD......:cheers2:

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 01:51 AM

You seem to resort to this little game, when someone finally has the balls(especially a woman), to stand up to your put downs, snide remarks, and worthless posts.......:laugh2:

That stupid so called article, I won't even call it writing....from some obscure web poster...My third grader could of written....Yet, you post it as if we're suppose to take as if, someone who is writing something intelligently...

:clap::clap::clap:

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Pardon me again, staphy.

I'm in the "real world", I pay attention, I read and appreciate articles with some degree of comprehension and I love a good romance.

You got "balls"? If you were my aunt would I now have to call you my uncle?

Clearly, no third grader wrote that article and you are dishonest for implying that they did. Where are any articles of interest that you have written? I've never seen one from you on this board or any linked to you from any other? Do you have anything worth the publishing rights to call your own?

That's OK!!!!! Your cartoons are as entertaining as anything that you have ever said outright to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Pardon me again, staphy.

I'm in the "real world", I pay attention, I read and appreciate articles with some degree of comprehension and I love a good romance.

You got "balls"? If you were my aunt would I now have to call you my uncle?

Clearly, no third grader wrote that article and you are dishonest for implying that they did. Where are any articles of interest that you have written? I've never seen one from you on this board or any linked to you from any other? Do you have anything worth the publishing rights to call your own?

That's OK!!!!! Your cartoons are as entertaining as anything that you have ever said outright to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pfeeeesph......

Don't act like you post anything that is original, just as I bring over a lot articles that are written by other people...

But, this so called article was stupid, lame, and written as if from a third grader......Shoot.... reading it, I regretted wasting three minutes of my time...

Good grief.....If your going to bring someones written article over, at least please make it readable, digestible, make some sense, and have some intelligent thought in it...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Sorry, staphy. I can't change it. You are just so silly. What about the article causes you so much fear?

Pfeeeesph......

Don't act like you post anything that is original, just as I bring over a lot articles that are written by other people...

But, this so called article was stupid, lame, and written as if from a third grader......Shoot.... reading it, I regretted wasting three minutes of my time...

Good grief.....If your going to bring someones written article over, at least please make it readable, digestible, make some sense, and have some intelligent thought in it...

I asked for some of your published works of wisdom and you have yet to produce them. I, like others, doubt if you have them.

stephanie
07-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Sorry, staphy. I can't change it. You are just so silly. What about the article causes you so much fear?

I asked for some of your published works of wisdom and you have yet to produce them. I, like others, doubt if you have them.

You claim to have all the wisdom in the WORLD...

My claim to fame.........is common sense.....

That's not something, everybody is born with...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/a194.gif

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Pfeeeesph......

No kidding. That's a typical Liberal for you only writing and acting like a 3rd grader and calling them that, is a complimint as they are a lot worse then a 3rd grader!

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 02:49 AM
I don't see anything common about the sense of your cartoons and otherwise senseless remarks, staphy.

You claim to have all the wisdom in the WORLD...

My claim to fame.........is common sense.....

That's not something, everybody is born with...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/a194.gif

I don't think you were voted "Most Likely To Succeed" in your High School. But, I'll give you credit that you are still trying for it even after all these years.

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Who called who a 3rd grader, nm?

No kidding. That's a typical Liberal for you only writing and acting like a 3rd grader and calling them that, is a complimint as they are a lot worse then a 3rd grader!

You don't even know, do you? Get lost or at least get real!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-09-2007, 02:57 AM
I don't see anything common about the sense of your cartoons and otherwise senseless remarks, staphy.

I don't think you were voted "Most Likely To Succeed" in your High School. But, I'll give you credit that you are still trying for it even after all these years.

One bit, two bit, four bit a dollar...

All for Stephanie..........Stand up an HOLLER......

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gifhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gifhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

You will never know, what my yearbook said........It might surprise you!:laugh2::laugh2:

I can only hope, your yearbook was as cheerful as mine....????

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 03:12 AM
I don't mean to brag, staphy, but my name was mentioned in my High School Annual more times for 3 years running than any other in the collective time period.

One bit, two bit, four bit a dollar...

All for Stephanie..........Stand up an HOLLER......

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gifhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gifhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thcheer.gif

You will never know, what my yearbook said........It might surprise you!:laugh2::laugh2:

I can only hope, your yearbook was as cheerful as mine....????

But, it was all for the WRONG reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much for public Education!!!!!!!!

stephanie
07-09-2007, 03:28 AM
I don't mean to brag, staphy, but my name was mentioned in my High School Annual more times for 3 years running than any other in the collective time period.

But, it was all for the WRONG reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much for public Education!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that Physchoblues...

Let it go......live, enjoy life........be happy..

But......good grief.....
People felt hopeless with Clinton in office....
People feel hopeless with Bush in office.

We will all survive it all........We have for ever.......

We are Americans..

No matter other people want to put us all down .....

We have been there to save a lot of the people of this world, with no Thanks needed........

Stop, trying to put us down as a NOBODIES......

God Bless the American soldiers..........of the past and present....

God Bless us...........the American People......who are there, when help is needed.....We can be, the most giving, and unselfish of a people....and ask for no Thanks.........I think we just tired of being put down, by the very people we reach a hand out to help...........
Oh well......we know we can't be everybody's savior......
But, we do try.....with nothing asked in return.............:salute::salute:

Psychoblues
07-12-2007, 04:56 AM
That is so pitiful, staphy. Get on with your fairy tale life and I'll get on with mine.