PDA

View Full Version : A Thanks to All

Perianne
10-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Over the past few weeks, I have noticed a significant decrease in profanity on here. I want to say "thank you" to all.

It's not that I don't say an occasional bad word. I got fighting-angry one time last year and I said the f-word to one of the other nurses. Jaws dropped when they heard me say it. Overall, it bothers me to read f-words and especially GD word. I feel like I am sinning when I read the GD word. I actually left a forum I was active in because of the profanity. I understand occasional profanity, but sometimes some people overdo it. And I will NOT watch movies or TV programs that use too much profanity.

I am not trying to change anyone's posting habits, but just saying I appreciate the decrease.

If anyone wants me to offer alternative words to the bad ones, I will be happy to!!! :)

Anyway, thanks to all.

jimnyc
10-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Ahh, crap. Now you point it out, and I'll be the bad guy if I say bad words! :laugh:

What good alternative is there for "bastard"? :)

Is "boobies" a bad word? I sure hope not!

Perianne
10-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Ahh, crap. Now you point it out, and I'll be the bad guy if I say bad words! :laugh:

The alternative is "bustard", remember? You changed the title of one of my threads because you thought I had misspelled it!!! lol

Jim, I was not pointing out anyone in particular, but was just saying thanks to everyone.

jimnyc
10-16-2015, 04:40 PM
The alternative is "bustard", remember? You changed the title of one of my threads because you thought I had misspelled it!!! lol

Jim, I was not pointing out anyone in particular, but was just saying thanks to everyone.

I know, I'm just messin with ya! I use that word a real lot. I use the F word often, but try to do that F, or I'll say EFF that. I do TRY, I really do. When with the guys I am a little worse, and I forget that the gals can still read what I write!

At least I don't see anyone being vulgar, and that's a huge difference. I curse a LOT, but I literally HATE to hear the "C" word.

So I can call Jeff a forking bustard? :laugh2:

Perianne
10-16-2015, 04:51 PM
I know, I'm just messin with ya! I use that word a real lot. I use the F word often, but try to do that F, or I'll say EFF that. I do TRY, I really do. When with the guys I am a little worse, and I forget that the gals can still read what I write!

At least I don't see anyone being vulgar, and that's a huge difference. I curse a LOT, but I literally HATE to hear the "C" word.

I love you just the way you are. Don't change anything!

Bilgerat
10-16-2015, 05:16 PM

And now the TV Geek comes out :laugh:

Firefly gives us easy words like;

Rutting = F*cking
Gorram = Damn

Farscape gives us easy words like;

Frell = F*ck
Yotz = hell

And Battlestar Galactica gives us easy words like;

Frak = F*ck
Felgercarp = Shit

And Bastard (or asshole) in Klingon is "petaQ"

:laugh: :dance: :laugh: :dance: :laugh:

Gunny
10-16-2015, 05:21 PM

You KNOW she means the rest of y'all and NOT me. :laugh:

I actually try to not do it unless I'm in the Cage. Bets are off there.

Gunny
10-16-2015, 05:22 PM

Nah. Call him a forking absentee.

jimnyc
10-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Nah. Call him an absentee.

Yeah, he better get back on here soon or I'm gonna have to ban him when he returns.

Gunny
10-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Yeah, he better get back on here soon or I'm gonna have to ban him when he returns.

If you run out of stuff to call him I got some for ya, and they actually aren't even dirty. Non-hacker comes to mind. Lightweight. Slacker. When I was in the Corps, we called people shirking their duty "skaters" :laugh:

DLT
10-16-2015, 05:50 PM

You can always use the Battlestar Gallactica word for it....lol.

Not near as satisfying, of course, but at least you'll show your geek/techie side, eh?

Gunny
10-16-2015, 05:57 PM

Not near as satisfying, of course, but at least you'll show your geek/techie side, eh?

Uh huh ... think you just showed YOURS. Not to mention your age. Who remembers THAT show? Worse, who actually watched it? 20 years of Ben Cartright on a horse and suddenly he's flying around in a spaceship? Only things I can imagine worse would be John Wayne or Matt Dillon doing it. THAT, of course, would be blasphemy.

jimnyc
10-16-2015, 06:09 PM

I never really watched that show, what's the word?

I think my niece just says "fudge" and "bish". But you're right, the replacements just aren't as satisfying. :(

Bilgerat
10-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Uh huh ... think you just showed YOURS. Not to mention your age. Who remembers THAT show? Worse, who actually watched it? 20 years of Ben Cartright on a horse and suddenly he's flying around in a spaceship? Only things I can imagine worse would be John Wayne or Matt Dillon doing it. THAT, of course, would be blasphemy.

This would have been Commander Adama in 1978 (and yes, I watched the show)

http://www.pinkraygun.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/hotadama.jpg

And this would be the 2004 Version

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/WilliamAdama.jpg

aboutime
10-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Over the past few weeks, I have noticed a significant decrease in profanity on here. I want to say "thank you" to all.

It's not that I don't say an occasional bad word. I got fighting-angry one time last year and I said the f-word to one of the other nurses. Jaws dropped when they heard me say it. Overall, it bothers me to read f-words and especially GD word. I feel like I am sinning when I read the GD word. I actually left a forum I was active in because of the profanity. I understand occasional profanity, but sometimes some people overdo it. And I will NOT watch movies or TV programs that use too much profanity.

I am not trying to change anyone's posting habits, but just saying I appreciate the decrease.

If anyone wants me to offer alternative words to the bad ones, I will be happy to!!! :)

Anyway, thanks to all.

Perianne. Thank you. As far as I am concerned personally. I can tell the difference between a REAL LADY, and those females who suffer from Unladylike behavior by using Gutter Language to express themselves using the 'f' word, and many others found on the dirtiest of street corners.

I admire you, and the other REAL LADIES here, while I continue to DISCLOSE my intolerance for One female member here, who should remain nameless with a name that sounds like GABBY.

Real Ladies are still admired by men and other women who prefer not to lower themselves to qualify for the World's Oldest Profession.

I congratulate you for stepping forward in this. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Gunny
10-16-2015, 07:13 PM
I never really watched that show, what's the word?

I think my niece just says "fudge" and "bish". But you're right, the replacements just aren't as satisfying. :(

If you want to get technical and REAL evangelical, using a replacement word is the same as using the word. At least I'm honest. :halounplugged:

I do believe we use too many adjectives trying to emphasize a point when they are unnecessary. I just TRY to keep it in the Cage. Do a lot of backspacing. :laugh:

I can understand Perranne's appreciation, but my military mind says "If you're a dirtbag, just come out and be one." Then you can be be summarily dispatched in an efficient and effective manner for being a dirtbag.

Nonnie
10-16-2015, 07:46 PM

Anyway, thanks to all.

I think it's because us Englishmen have come here and tamed Gunny.

indago
10-16-2015, 07:56 PM
If anyone wants me to offer alternative words to the bad ones, I will be happy to!!!

No, I'll stick to the old ones...

Drummond
10-16-2015, 07:58 PM

Either that, or maybe it's because I've been posting here less lately .... (?) .. :rolleyes:

Gunny
10-16-2015, 07:59 PM

Uh huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQPRFqWPWgE

LongTermGuy
10-16-2015, 08:56 PM
You KNOW she means the rest of y'all and NOT me. :laugh:

I actually try to not do it unless I'm in the Cage. Bets are off there.

......Good for you.....I don't need no stinkin cage to fire back (if need be)....:laugh:

Perianne
11-21-2015, 08:34 AM
Reason #524 to dislike Muslims. They induce an increase in bad words on the forum. lol :)

indago
11-21-2015, 09:15 AM
Reason #524 to dislike Muslims. They induce an increase in bad words on the forum. lol :)

"bad words": like Muslim, raghead, etc.