PDA

View Full Version : Empire - tv show

jimnyc
10-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Anyone else watch it? I just watched episode 4 of season 2. Love this show!! Cookie is my kinda woman. She (Taraji Henson) used to be in another show I love, Person of Interest, but they killed off her character. Probably good for her, as I bet her and Terrance Howard are making much better $$ with this show.

Perianne
10-16-2015, 07:17 PM
I have thought about it. Is it on Netflix?

LongTermGuy
10-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Hmmm...never appealed to me....since you brought it up...might check it out...

indago
10-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Just doesn't look like my kind of show...

Never watched it!

SassyLady
10-17-2015, 02:11 AM
Jim, I love Taraji as well. Used to watch her on POI and hated when they killed her off. I started watching Power about the time Empire came out and I like it better.

jimnyc
10-17-2015, 05:54 AM
You kinda have to like hip hop music, and maybe even a little rap mixed in. Nope, it's not as bad as you think, some good music. The whole idea of the show is the "Lyon" family owning a record label called "Empire". Terrence Howard and Taraji Henson are the co-owners, former husband and wife, and now conspire to hate one another! They have 3 kids that are in the family business as well. The music industry and a lot of underhanded folks!

Yeah, it's mostly black artists, but it's great artists, and they refuse to even use the N word on the show, so it's not a show like a rap video, it's a very good show.

indago
10-17-2015, 06:38 AM
You kinda have to like hip hop music, and maybe even a little rap mixed in. Nope, it's not as bad as you think, some good music. The whole idea of the show is the "Lyon" family owning a record label called "Empire". Terrence Howard and Taraji Henson are the co-owners, former husband and wife, and now conspire to hate one another! They have 3 kids that are in the family business as well. The music industry and a lot of underhanded folks!

Yeah, it's mostly black artists, but it's great artists, and they refuse to even use the N word on the show, so it's not a show like a rap video, it's a very good show.

That was an excellent synopsis of a very well received television series...

but I am unpersuaded...

jimnyc
10-17-2015, 07:30 AM
That was an excellent synopsis of a very well received television series...

but I am unpersuaded...

Hmmmm...... Not really trying to persuade you... but if you are looking for some new stuff to watch, this is a good choice. But I do admit, you have to like the music a little, as the show centers around the music. After the music, you find out that this "Lyon family" are some seriously dirty basturds, and they all learn it from Mom and Dad! "Cookie" helped her hubby start the business 20 or so years back with $40k. Sheot hits the fan and she goes to prison for 17 years for drugs. When she gets out, the "Empire" is a monster company, and she wants her half back! And she's probably the most evil of all of them, but usually in a funny way.

If not, The Walking Dead just came back on!! :)

Perianne
10-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Hmmmm...... Not really trying to persuade you... but if you are looking for some new stuff to watch, this is a good choice. But I do admit, you have to like the music a little, as the show centers around the music. After the music, you find out that this "Lyon family" are some seriously dirty basturds, and they all learn it from Mom and Dad! "Cookie" helped her hubby start the business 20 or so years back with $40k. Sheot hits the fan and she goes to prison for 17 years for drugs. When she gets out, the "Empire" is a monster company, and she wants her half back! And she's probably the most evil of all of them, but usually in a funny way.

If not, The Walking Dead just came back on!! :)

They sound like really dirty bustards!