PDA

View Full Version : Texas heat vs Florida heat

Black Diamond
10-18-2015, 02:05 PM
I spent this last summer in fort Worth. Once the rain quit in May, it was 95-105 for 3 months straight. We loved it,but they say it's drier than South Florida. What say y'all?

Gunny
10-18-2015, 02:23 PM
I spent this last summer in fort Worth. Once the rain quit in May, it was 95-105 for 3 months straight. We loved it,but they say it's drier than South Florida. What say y'all?

How does "bullsh*t" sound for an answer? I lived in South Florida and am from South Texas. They complain about the humidity in Texas and it doesn't even stand a chance in Miami. The temperature is higher in Texas, but just imagine 105 degrees in the tropical humidity of Miami or the Keys. We could never have made it to our cars.

Black Diamond
10-18-2015, 02:28 PM
How does "bullsh*t" sound for an answer? I lived in South Florida and am from South Texas. They complain about the humidity in Texas and it doesn't even stand a chance in Miami. The temperature is higher in Texas, but just imagine 105 degrees in the tropical humidity of Miami or the Keys. We could never have made it to our cars.

Is San Antonio humid like Houston? Or more like DFW?

Gunny
10-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Is San Antonio humid like Houston? Or more like DFW?

In between. DFW is up north in the Plains. Lot drier. Houston is on the Coast and almost as far south as SA. East Texas is swamp country so it's a lot more humid. The humidity in SA is pretty bad, but none of them are as bad as Miami was. Thailand, the Philippines, Oki and Indonesia were the only places I knew as bad as Miami.

tailfins
10-18-2015, 05:04 PM

Having lived in Tampa and Miami Beach, I found the climate to be miserable. DFW is acceptable, but climatewise I prefer New England. I don't like heat.

Gunny
10-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Having lived in Tampa and Miami Beach, I found the climate to be miserable. DFW is acceptable, but climatewise I prefer New England. I don't like heat.

You wuss. :laugh:

When did you live in Miami?

Black Diamond
10-18-2015, 05:10 PM

Which side of the peninsula did you prefer?

tailfins
10-18-2015, 05:17 PM
You wuss. :laugh:

When did you live in Miami?

1990-1992

Which side of the peninsula did you prefer?

The houses in Pinellas are too old. In Tampa Bay, my preferred area is the Carrollwood area of Tampa. I was in Tampa Bay from 2006-2010.

Abbey Marie
10-18-2015, 05:20 PM
It's been in the 60's lately here in the mid-Atlantic region, and I'm a happy camper.

Heat. Yuk.

Gunny
10-18-2015, 05:23 PM
1990-1992

The houses in Pinellas are too old. In Tampa Bay, my preferred area is the Carrollwood area of Tampa. I was in Tampa Bay from 2006-2010.

After my time. I lived Key West from 67-69 and Miami from 72-80.