PDA

View Full Version : Billy The Kid

indago
10-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Anyone interested in the Old West might like to watch The National Geographic Channel 199 on cable tonight. The new found photograph of Billy The Kid and his gang will be discussed, tracing his movements. 9:00 — 11:00 PM.

Billy the Kid: New Evidence
NEW
Tracing the origins of a newly discovered tintype containing a photograph appearing to be a second image of the famous fugitive Billy the Kid.
HD TV-14 (V)
9:00 - 11:00 PM NatGeo HD (199)

WiccanLiberal
10-18-2015, 05:01 PM
I am certainly interested in the subject and have been following the news stories about the photo online but I will have to wait for a rebroadcast to catch the show. Playoffs continue and the Mets are the priority for V4R and myself.

Gunny
10-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Anyone interested in the Old West might like to watch The National Geographic Channel 199 on cable tonight. The new found photograph of Billy The Kid and his gang will be discussed, tracing his movements. 9:00 — 11:00 PM.

Billy the Kid: New Evidence
NEW
Tracing the origins of a newly discovered tintype containing a photograph appearing to be a second image of the famous fugitive Billy the Kid.
HD TV-14 (V)

What's the new evidence? If you want a Billy the Kid lesson, I can give you one.

More importantly, what cable do you use and what time zone do you live in? That is all relevant here as several of us live in the SW/West Coast. I unfortunately live in the Mountain Time Zone aka Twilight Zone. I never know when jack is coming on.

indago
10-19-2015, 06:27 AM
Well, that was the adventure of a lifetime for Randy Guijarro and his wife, traveling the country to find evidence for authentication of his photograph find.

From WSAW News 19 October 2015:
----------------------------------------------------------
A California collector appears poised to cash in to the tune of $5 million five years after paying just $2 for what has turned out to be only the second known photo of Western outlaw Billy the Kid.

The tintype, dating to 1878, depicts Billy the Kid and several members of his gang, the Regulators, playing croquet outside a Lincoln County, New Mexico, building, according to Kagin's Inc., the company that authenticated the photo and is handling its sale.

article (http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/Second-authenticated-Billy-the-Kid-photo-to-possibly-fetch-5-million-334034691.html)

The NatGeo program will be on again Friday October 23 at 9:00 PM, and again at 11:00 PM.

Gunny
10-19-2015, 08:46 AM
William Antrim aka Billy the Kid was a thug. Like others in his era, he was romanticized by dime novelists. He got mixed up in the Lincoln County War and was nothing more than part of a gang. His over-exploited events are in reality that he was punk and ambushed people. There is not one recording of him ever facing anyone in a standup fight.

Due to circumstance, I have been in eastern NM and spending a dime going to that place is dumber than sh*t. But tourists are stupid. Come down here and want to know where the indians and their teepees are. Pueblo indians lived in caves, jacka$$es. Plains indians used teepees. Go to Wyoming, Colorado, Texas or Kansas.

Read a book. Or two. Geez. Only damned teepees in NM are at the welcome center on I-10 when you go out of Texas and they're metal and art-decco colored.

indago
10-20-2015, 05:48 AM
Well, that was the adventure of a lifetime for Randy Guijarro and his wife, traveling the country to find evidence for authentication of his photograph find.

From WSAW News 19 October 2015:
A California collector appears poised to cash in to the tune of $5 million five years after paying just $2 for what has turned out to be only the second known photo of Western outlaw Billy the Kid.

The tintype, dating to 1878, depicts Billy the Kid and several members of his gang, the Regulators, playing croquet outside a Lincoln County, New Mexico, building, according to Kagin's Inc., the company that authenticated the photo and is handling its sale.

article (http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/Second-authenticated-Billy-the-Kid-photo-to-possibly-fetch-5-million-334034691.html)

The NatGeo program will be on again Friday October 23 at 9:00 PM, and again at 11:00 PM.

It's also listed in the On Demand section of cable, for those interested...

Gunny
10-20-2015, 11:48 AM
It's also listed in the On Demand section of cable, for those interested...

That is absurd. More absurd is that someone will buy it. Give ME $5m. I got a L-o-o-o-ng list of sh*t to do before I get to buying a pic of a twerp.

indago
10-23-2015, 07:18 AM
A reminder for those who might be interested, on again tonight...

Close (http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=1445644800000&aid=zap2it#)
Billy the Kid: New Evidence (http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/billy-the-kid-new-evidence/EP02265106?aid=zap2it)
(First Aired: Oct. 18, 2015)

HD