PDA

View Full Version : They Are Walking Through Our Open Borders

Kathianne
07-09-2007, 11:04 AM
This series from a San Antonio reporter should have been syndicated through to other US papers, of course it wasn't. Wow, just wow! Links to the articles are found at site. The interview is interesting, the articles, frightening:

http://www.jsharf.com/view/2007/07/interview_with_todd_bensman.html

Interview With Todd Bensman

On Backbone Radio last week, John Andrews, Matt Dunn, and I had the pleasure of interviewing Todd Bensman of the San Antonion Express-News about his four-part series, "Breaching America," that ran earlier in the year. The series followed an illegal immigrant and asylum-seeker from his homeland across the US-Mexican border, to his release by US authorities to join his family in the States.

His homeland: Iraq.

It turns out that there's a pipeline of illegals from "Countries of Special Interest" - mostly in the Middle East, almost all Muslim - that runs through Latin American into the United States.

The original series can be found here, here, here, and here.

After the interview, Todd graciously agreed to take follow-up questions for this blog by email. It took place in two parts, an initial round of questions and then a follow-up round. Except where noted below, the questions and answers are presented in order below....

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 11:59 AM
This series from a San Antonio reporter should have been syndicated through to other US papers, of course it wasn't. Wow, just wow! Links to the articles are found at site. The interview is interesting, the articles, frightening:

http://www.jsharf.com/view/2007/07/interview_with_todd_bensman.html

I've been saying for a very long time that it's not just Mexican's coming over the border.

Dilloduck
07-09-2007, 01:30 PM
I've been saying for a very long time that it's not just Mexican's coming over the border.

That's all that anyone ever does about it. Talk.

Hagbard Celine
07-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Ever seen the show Sleepercell? There was an episode about this very subject.

Dilloduck
07-09-2007, 01:39 PM

Americans are in major denial and just don't care. It's easier to turn off a light bulb and pretend your saving the earth (and I'm not sure they're even doing that.)

Hagbard Celine
07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Americans are in major denial and just don't care. It's easier to turn off a light bulb and pretend your saving the earth (and I'm not sure they're even doing that.)

Nah, you can't really make a dent in your energy consumption unless you start riding a bike to work everyday. Like that'll ever happen. Yep, we're doomed.

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 02:28 PM

You can get those Energy Star Certified spiral light bulbs at Wal-Mart, Costco, Lowes and Home Depot. My dad went nuts and replaced every lightbulb in the house with those and the Energy Bill went down drastically. Does that mean that they prevent Global Warming? No, it just means they are Energy Efficient and everyone should use them so they save money on their power bill.

Dilloduck
07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
You can get those Energy Star Certified spiral light bulbs at Wal-Mart, Costco, Lowes and Home Depot. My dad went nuts and replaced every lightbulb in the house with those and the Energy Bill went down drastically. Does that mean that they prevent Global Warming? No, it just means they are Energy Efficient and everyone should use them so they save money on their power bill.

Oh goody-----we don't have to wory about all those sleeper cells then.

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh goody-----we don't have to wory about all those sleeper cells then.

According to Al Gore we don't! :laugh2:

manu1959
07-09-2007, 04:00 PM

if everyone did that they would just raise the rates to make up the difference.....

Dilloduck
07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
if everyone did that they would just raise the rates to make up the difference.....

Which is the REAL goal in all this crazy crap----make us pay more for energy.

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Ummm they will try to raise the taxes anyway. :poke:

Gaffer
07-10-2007, 08:44 PM

They are dim bulbs that don't produce a lot of light. Had one in the kitchen. Got about half the light of a regular bulb. It blew out after six months.

manu1959
07-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Which is the REAL goal in all this crazy crap----make us pay more for energy.

isn't that the object of everything....make more money?....

who here doesn't want a raise?

nevadamedic
07-10-2007, 09:25 PM

I just bought that series on DVD, is it any good? I haven't watched it yet. What's it about exactly? I mean I know roughly.

nevadamedic
07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
They are dim bulbs that don't produce a lot of light. Had one in the kitchen. Got about half the light of a regular bulb. It blew out after six months.

We use them and they are just as bright.