PDA

View Full Version : Trump Needs to Stop

Gunny
10-19-2015, 09:16 PM
He's dividing the GOP. It's the last thing anyone needs.

gabosaurus
10-19-2015, 09:24 PM
I am all for the GOP nominating either Trump or Ted Cruz. Since neither has a chance in hell of winning the general election. Plus the fallout would greatly damage GOP candidates in down ballot races. :cool:

Gunny
10-20-2015, 02:22 AM
I am all for the GOP nominating either Trump or Ted Cruz. Since neither has a chance in hell of winning the general election. Plus the fallout would greatly damage GOP candidates in down ballot races. :cool:

I'm all for anyone that kicks you dumbass, unconstitutional dems out of our government. How desperate are you? The same old empty promises ain't working so you deflect from your front runner being a criminal bringing up George Bush? I don't know what's more pathetic ... the people purposefully doing it, or the dumbasses that believe it and can be distracted from the truth.

Far as I'm concerned you take the whole lot you Dems and you can live in Iraq where all those people you feel sorry for are. And was I the crew chief on that C-141? The ramp would "accidentally" open halfway across the ocean. You people don't belong in this country.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 10:09 AM
:lol: Don't you guys get choosing between Democrat and Republican is like choosing between gonorrhea and aids!

Gunny
10-20-2015, 10:56 AM
:lol: Don't you guys get choosing between Democrat and Republican is like choosing between gonorrhea and aids!

A lot of us do. We hold our noses and vote Republican just to keep Dems out. Problem is, when you've you've got someone like Trump spending all his time attacking other Republicans instead of focusing on attacking the people and policies of the Dems, you just end up with division. It's like let's try the same old thing that doesn't work hoping for a different result.

The only one has actually gone after Hillary is Carly. Trump has attacked anyone on the right that has questioned him. Now he's dragging up Bush and 9/11 saying he could have done better? Odd, he lives in New York. I don't recall hearing about him doing or saying a thing.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 11:01 AM
That is how they trap you, one is less terrible than the other.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 11:14 AM
That is how they trap you, one is less terrible than the other.

I understand the trap. Want to see bipartisanship in this country? Let a third party try to get in. These career bureaucrats will close ranks and shut it out so fast it's not even funny. That leaves us choosing between the lesser of two evils. I prefer the Republicans not doing anything over the Democrats dismantling our Constitution.

Trump is not a conservative and he's just pulling a Ross Perot Jr. The conservative base was in bad enough shape before he decided he was a Republican.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 11:17 AM
I understand the trap. Want to see bipartisanship in this country? Let a third party try to get in. These career bureaucrats will close ranks and shut it out so fast it's not even funny. That leaves us choosing between the lesser of two evils. I prefer the Republicans not doing anything over the Democrats dismantling our Constitution.

Trump is not a conservative and he's just pulling a Ross Perot Jr. The conservative base was in bad enough shape before he decided he was a Republican.
To break the 2 party system in the states then there needs to be 4 parties. 2 on the right and 2 on the left.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 11:24 AM
To break the 2 party system in the states then there needs to be 4 parties. 2 on the right and 2 on the left.

Not going to happen. Guess who is in charge of campaign funding ... the two parties in power. I really don't care about how many parties there are. I want them to do what they are elected to do. Same with our judiciary that reads retarded crap that isn't there into the law. All politicians suck. That's the only reason Trump, Carson and Fiorina have any appeal.

The GOP has killed itself but it's at the cost of OUR Rights. They should have told Trump to take a hike from the start.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 12:16 PM
Sorry buddy, but the polls as of today (a few anyway). But Carson hanging tough!!

Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination CNN/ORC Trump 27, Carson 22, Rubio 8, Cruz 4, Bush 8, Fiorina 4, Huckabee 5, Paul 5, Christie 4, Kasich 3, Santorum 2, Jindal 0, Graham 1, Pataki 0 Trump +5
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination NBC/WSJ Trump 25, Carson 22, Rubio 13, Cruz 9, Bush 8, Fiorina 7, Huckabee 3, Paul 2, Christie 1, Kasich 3, Santorum 0, Jindal 0, Graham 0, Pataki 0 Trump +3
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination Monmouth Trump 28, Carson 18, Rubio 6, Cruz 10, Bush 5, Fiorina 6, Huckabee 4, Paul 4, Christie 3, Kasich 1, Santorum 0, Jindal 1, Graham 1, Pataki 0 Trump +10

Gunny
10-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Sorry buddy, but the polls as of today (a few anyway). But Carson hanging tough!!

Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination CNN/ORC Trump 27, Carson 22, Rubio 8, Cruz 4, Bush 8, Fiorina 4, Huckabee 5, Paul 5, Christie 4, Kasich 3, Santorum 2, Jindal 0, Graham 1, Pataki 0 Trump +5
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination NBC/WSJ Trump 25, Carson 22, Rubio 13, Cruz 9, Bush 8, Fiorina 7, Huckabee 3, Paul 2, Christie 1, Kasich 3, Santorum 0, Jindal 0, Graham 0, Pataki 0 Trump +3
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination Monmouth Trump 28, Carson 18, Rubio 6, Cruz 10, Bush 5, Fiorina 6, Huckabee 4, Paul 4, Christie 3, Kasich 1, Santorum 0, Jindal 1, Graham 1, Pataki 0 Trump +10

I'm aware of what the polls say. Was the same with Perot. We got 8 years of Clinton out of that deal. Not looking forward to repeating history. Trump can't and won't win. A hot air balloon has more substance.

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm aware of what the polls say. Was the same with Perot. We got 8 years of Clinton out of that deal. Not looking forward to repeating history. Trump can't and won't win. A hot air balloon has more substance.

No no. Trump would have stopped those planes dead in their tracks. It would have been HUUUUUUGE.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 12:53 PM

I would compare him to Perot if he chose to run 3rd party. I don't see him doing so. I agree that a 3rd party run from any of the major candidates can only do harm, not help. But at this point he IS winning. And if he loses the nomination, that means someone else stood up to the plate with a better message, and drew more supporters as a result - and I'm cool with that. If that's Carson, Cruz, Fiorina or even Bush - I'd stand behind that person. I'd even get behind a hot air balloon if the alternative in office is Hillary.

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Part of me feels if more candidates drop out, trump would no longer be in first place. Question I have is if Carson drops out, where would his support go?

Noir
10-20-2015, 12:55 PM
The fact that republican voters haven't the sense to stop him is incredible.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 01:08 PM

Just how does a voter stop a candidate? He's free to run and free to voice his opinions. Then those called or spoken to on the streets are free to voice who they would vote for, and then there ya have the polls. It's not like any of us can stop him right this instant. The stopping doesn't begin, technically, until the primary voting begins. THAT's when a voter can stop a candidate.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 01:08 PM
I would compare him to Perot if he chose to run 3rd party. I don't see him doing so. I agree that a 3rd party run from any of the major candidates can only do harm, not help. But at this point he IS winning. And if he loses the nomination, that means someone else stood up to the plate with a better message, and drew more supporters as a result - and I'm cool with that. If that's Carson, Cruz, Fiorina or even Bush - I'd stand behind that person. I'd even get behind a hot air balloon if the alternative in office is Hillary.

Perot originally ran as a Republican.

There's no question I'm voting anti-democrat. I just don't want to end up with something as bad or worse. Trump acts too much like Obama to me. Throws a little hissy fit if he's criticized or doesn't get his way.

And the reality of politics is ... he can't accomplish any of the things he's promising.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Part of me feels if more candidates drop out, trump would no longer be in first place. Question I have is if Carson drops out, where would his support go?

NO, don't let him drop out!! I'd rather someone else's votes go to him. But IF he did, I think a lot would go to Trump right now, and some to Fiorina. People are liking the fact that Carson is not PC either, so I think if either of them guys dropped, the other would take a lot of their voters.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 01:13 PM

There's no question I'm voting anti-democrat. I just don't want to end up with something as bad or worse. Trump acts too much like Obama to me. Throws a little hissy fit if he's criticized or doesn't get his way.

And the reality of politics is ... he can't accomplish any of the things he's promising.

I thought he was an independent from the beginning but too lazy to look it up. But the point was, he DID hurt the final tally by running a 3rd, and took a lot of votes away. I don't think Trump would go 3rd. That's the only difference I was pointing out. After the primaries, everyone should be together at that point, not looking for ways to put Hillary in office.

Noir
10-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Just how does a voter stop a candidate? He's free to run and free to voice his opinions. Then those called or spoken to on the streets are free to voice who they would vote for, and then there ya have the polls. It's not like any of us can stop him right this instant. The stopping doesn't begin, technically, until the primary voting begins. THAT's when a voter can stop a candidate.

By saying they're not going to vote for him in polls.
He's a business man, if he's pouring millions onto a campaign and getting <1% voter support to show for it, he'd stop pouring that money in sharp enough.

fj1200
10-20-2015, 01:14 PM

We have a two-party system because of our system of republican government IMO.

I don't believe that's true. He never ran as anything other than an independent.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 01:18 PM
He's a business man, if he's pouring millions onto a campaign and getting <1% voter support to show for it, he'd start pouring that money in sharp enough.

Only those asked can say that. All the polls out there? No one asked me! I think it's too early and the only polls that really count are on the respective election days (primary, general).

On the other hand, a LOT of people do like him. Whether or not that holds up, no one knows. But I'll take 500 Trumps in office before I would want to deal with just one Hillary.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 01:19 PM

The fact is, you don't know what you're talking about. Having the majority in Congress and having the numbers to override the President are NOT the same things. Republicans don't have the required votes in either House to override him.

AND, Einstein, they judiciary has to stop his Executive Order crap, not the legislature.

Anything else you want to school us on about our government?

Noir
10-20-2015, 01:26 PM
The fact is, you don't know what you're talking about. Having the majority in Congress and having the numbers to override the President are NOT the same things. Republicans don't have the required votes in either House to override him.

AND, Einstein, they judiciary has to stop his Executive Order crap, not the legislature.

Anything else you want to school us on about our government?

Even on topics you that we agree on (though maybe not for the same reasons) you can't help yourself but have a go xD

Why you're bringing the Judiciary and Legislature into this convo i have no idea, given i'm talking about voters.

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 01:48 PM
He's a business man, if he's pouring millions onto a campaign and getting <1% voter support to show for it, he'd stop pouring that money in sharp enough.

Voters are pissed off. Republicans have fellated Obama after promising to stop him. Trump has tapped into that anger. He doesn't use clichés he isn't PC. Plus the media continues to give him the mic. he's not my first choice by any means.. But its not hard to explain his success

Gunny
10-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Even on topics you that we agree on (though maybe not for the same reasons) you can't help yourself but have a go xD

Why you're bringing the Judiciary and Legislature into this convo i have no idea, given i'm talking about voters.

You ever see anyone around here calling me MR Nice Guy? Been called everything else.

You ARE talking about our government because the legislators and President are supposed to reflect US, the voters. For the most part, they reflect self-interest once they get in office. We currently don't have 3 equal branches of government. Our legislation branch is pretty much non-existent. Supreme Court justices legislate from the bench things that are out of their purview, and King Obama runs his monarchy via executive order.

Conservatives -- which make up more of the Republican vote than Republicans do -- are sick of the crap. I just think their anger is misguided in Trump. He's an immature baby used to getting his way. We already have one of those.

Trigg
10-20-2015, 02:45 PM

Dem voters aren't smart enough to ignore Hillary, why should republican voters be any different with Trump??

Noir
10-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Dem voters aren't smart enough to ignore Hillary, why should republican voters be any different with Trump??

True.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 03:02 PM

Nobody bothers to think things through. Crap, I think most don't bother to think at all.

DLT
10-20-2015, 03:48 PM

I just heard today that George Bush attacked Cruz. Screw all the Bushes! They can go to hell. Cruz is what this nation needs now.

DLT
10-20-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm all for anyone that kicks you dumbass, unconstitutional dems out of our government. How desperate are you? The same old empty promises ain't working so you deflect from your front runner being a criminal bringing up George Bush? I don't know what's more pathetic ... the people purposefully doing it, or the dumbasses that believe it and can be distracted from the truth.

Far as I'm concerned you take the whole lot you Dems and you can live in Iraq where all those people you feel sorry for are. And was I the crew chief on that C-141? The ramp would "accidentally" open halfway across the ocean. You people don't belong in this country.

The idiot left is just whistling past the graveyard these days. They should know (a lot of things...lol) by now that the power always switches to the "other" party if/when the economy is either not improving or still in a depression-like recession as it is now. Most Americans will want a change next year from the dismal failures we've endured and will have endured for eight years by the next election.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 04:02 PM
I just heard today that George Bush attacked Cruz. Screw all the Bushes! They can go to hell. Cruz is what this nation needs now.

It's more like screw all the Replicant's. They're screwing themselves. How about screwing the damned Democrats? Gee, there's a plan.

There are too many people on the right running their mouths and they aren't running them in the right direction. One thing Dishonest Abe said that is true : A house divided ...

Is there some point where the right gets a damned clue? Or do they just keep om repeating the same mistake hoping for a different result? For the party that claims to support the military, they damned sure don't know jack about tactics and strategy. Been slamming their own d*cks in the door since 08.

LongTermGuy
10-20-2015, 04:53 PM

.....Who is your candidate Gunny?

>>>> They (GOP) are full of RHINOS....They need to be stopped....They are weak..."worthless" and scared shitless and full of Fear of being called names ..by the Left....Every day the Left leaning media and the Rhinos are trying to stop Donald....They cant....The American people are aware... and understand just who the left and the `establishment Rhinos` Fear.......

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/16895/production/_85290329_gettyimages-483208412.jpg

Gunny
10-20-2015, 05:05 PM

>>>> They (GOP) are full of RHINOS....They need to be stopped....They are weak..."worthless" and scared shitless and full of Fear of being called names ..by the Left....Every day the Left leaning media and the Rhinos are trying to stop Donald....They cant....The American people are aware... and understand just who the left and the `establishment Rhinos` Fear.......

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/16895/production/_85290329_gettyimages-483208412.jpg

I like several of them but they are all representative of the GOP. There's no leadership and there's no total package. But I think Cruz, Rublio, Bush, Carson Fiorina would all be less of a disaster than Trump.

indago
10-20-2015, 05:47 PM
No no. Trump would have stopped those planes dead in their tracks. It would have been HUUUUUUGE.

We were warned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGEvh3maOGU

Tell us again George how you kept us safe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0XXPZUDQU

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 06:04 PM

You want Gunny to vote for a democrat. ..

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 06:06 PM
We were warned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGEvh3maOGU

Tell us again George how you kept us safe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0XXPZUDQU

He didn't keep us safe. I am on Trump's side on that issue. I don't blame W for 9/11 but don't make the claim he kept us safe. It's an insult to the victims and their families.

gabosaurus
10-20-2015, 06:24 PM

You forgot to tell me to go pound sand. :cool:

LongTermGuy
10-20-2015, 07:05 PM
I like several of them but they are all representative of the GOP. There's no leadership and there's no total package. But I think Cruz, Rublio, Bush, Carson Fiorina would all be less of a disaster than Trump.

...I Like Cruz and Carson.....the rest...I dont care for and are weak and dependent...IMO...Cruz and Carson would work well with Donald Trump...

LongTermGuy
10-20-2015, 07:09 PM
You want Gunny to vote for a democrat. ..

​There are no real Party titles anymore with Trump ( he is an American and wants America to do well) .....He doesn't have to do this...he has everything already...Myself and many respect him for doing it...

Gunny
10-21-2015, 03:08 AM
NO, don't let him drop out!! I'd rather someone else's votes go to him. But IF he did, I think a lot would go to Trump right now, and some to Fiorina. People are liking the fact that Carson is not PC either, so I think if either of them guys dropped, the other would take a lot of their voters.

I thought he was an independent from the beginning but too lazy to look it up. But the point was, he DID hurt the final tally by running a 3rd, and took a lot of votes away. I don't think Trump would go 3rd. That's the only difference I was pointing out. After the primaries, everyone should be together at that point, not looking for ways to put Hillary in office.

Problem is, we're shaping up to another 08 and 12. If Carson drops, Trump is NOT going to get a lot of independent votes. They'll just stay home.

The GOP is doing NOTHING but the SOS that hasn't worked before. There's no leadership from the GOP itself. The senior Republicans are weak and scared of the Dem and MSM accusations.

It really doesn't matter HOW Trump splits the party. The end result is the same. The GOP has no real plan except "we're not them". Trump has no plan and keeps making general promises he can't keep. No one has an ed game while the drones on the left are going to vote a criminal into office.

Leadership is by example. I know my temper is kind of a joke, but I did not once lose my temper with my children, nor any of the Marines I was responsible for. I've been known to go outside and punch a brick wall a time or two. Or take it out on a few people on a message board.:laugh2: But I actually have not hurt another person within the United States since I was private.

Point is, I know about having a temper and Trump's is not suitable to the Presidency. Too many knee jerk reactions and he's attacking in the wrong direction. I'd love to play basketball with him, or even spar. I'd exploit his temper and talk him out of his game and he's just too easy.

fj1200
10-21-2015, 08:05 AM
The idiot left is just whistling past the graveyard these days. They should know (a lot of things...lol) by now that the power always switches to the "other" party if/when the economy is either not improving or still in a depression-like recession as it is now. Most Americans will want a change next year from the dismal failures we've endured and will have endured for eight years by the next election.

:confused: We are not in a recession let alone "depression-like."

Black Diamond
10-21-2015, 11:47 PM

Ya know I was thinking that Carson's recent surge in the polls may have been at Carly's expense.

Gunny
10-22-2015, 04:26 AM
Ya know I was thinking that Carson's recent surge in the polls may have been at Carly's expense.

That's kind of too bad. I actually like her, but for the sole reason she's not afraid to attack Hillary. At least she's aiming in the right direction. He's "Cool McCool". You can't be a neurosurgeon and not be. I wouldn't want Trump taping my ankle. He'd get all ticked off at the tape and hurt it worse. Or blame ME for the tape.:laugh:

Kathianne
10-22-2015, 08:23 AM
The party has left me...

Gunny
10-22-2015, 08:53 AM
The party has left me...

Know how you feel, sister.

Kathianne
10-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Know how you feel, sister.

Yep, the response to unlawful isn't more of the same, just 'our' version.

fj1200
10-22-2015, 11:55 AM
The party has left me...

My working theory is that the party hasn't changed so much as new "media" outlets allow people to broadcast their opinions to a wider audience and allows them to voice the more extreme viewpoints with little fear of personal repercussion. Along the lines of money doesn't change people, only magnifies what was there in the first place.

Black Diamond
10-22-2015, 01:46 PM
That's kind of too bad. I actually like her, but for the sole reason she's not afraid to attack Hillary. At least she's aiming in the right direction. He's "Cool McCool". You can't be a neurosurgeon and not be. I wouldn't want Trump taping my ankle. He'd get all ticked off at the tape and hurt it worse. Or blame ME for the tape.:laugh:

I think Carly has the right temperament for the job. She is so extremely sharp on foreign affairs. She'll get my vote if she is still in it. I hope Carson drops out. :)

indago
10-22-2015, 01:58 PM
The party has left me...

What, the Democrat Party, or Republican Party, or...

Gunny
10-22-2015, 07:32 PM
What, the Democrat Party, or Republican Party, or...

Try reading. My stance is clear. I don't like the US government period. I don't like either party. However, the Democratic party is destructive to the Constitution. The GOP are a bunch of wimps that do nothing. I prefer nothing to destruction.

gabosaurus
10-22-2015, 08:50 PM
How much longer can Trump continue to deflect blame for his mistakes?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/22/donald-trump-campaign-blames-intern-retweet-iowa-brain-damaged

Elessar
10-22-2015, 10:43 PM

One word: Ouch!

Elessar
10-22-2015, 10:45 PM
. Trump has attacked anyone on the right that has questioned him. Now he's dragging up Bush and 9/11 saying he could have done better? Odd, he lives in New York. I don't recall hearing about him doing or saying a thing.

He did not do Shit on 9/11 except hide.

Elessar
10-22-2015, 10:48 PM

Noir is ignorant.

Noir
10-23-2015, 05:45 AM
Noir is ignorant.

Do you think Trump would still be putting time and money into this campaign if he was polling terribly?

Gunny
10-23-2015, 06:09 AM
Do you think Trump would still be putting time and money into this campaign if he was polling terribly?

First BIGGEST question is WHO is doing the polling and who is being polled? I never trust them. But if you are at the bottom of a list of a dozen, why stay?

He's as popular as he is because of the media. Same happened with McCain and Romney. The media chose BOTH of those candidates. It's part of a well oiled MSM machine to ensure the GOP candidate will lose.

I think if he doesn't come up with some substance to his promises, he's going to crash and burn.