PDA

View Full Version : #*%#@@*# Crick

Perianne
10-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Sorry for the dirty word in the title....

I am on vacation again and I have had a crick in my neck that has radiated to my right shoulder. It is the worst crick I have ever had. I had plans to do some stuff, but I am mostly sitting around trying to find a position that doesn't hurt.

Stupid cricks.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Well that sucks. I would offer recommendations but I imagine you know 50x more than I do! Never a bad time for a hot tub though. :salute:

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Well that sucks. I would offer recommendations but I imagine you know 50x more than I do! Never a bad time for a hot tub though. :salute:

I could, too, but I am gonna be a gentleman. :laugh:

Perianne
10-20-2015, 01:52 PM

I did just now take a bath even though it is not Sunday. Our new little doggie didn't understand, so she jumped up and stood on the edge of the tub looking at me. Finally she slipped off, but it was cute. I love doggies.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Ever get those horrible cramps in your legs when you stretch? Hurts.

Perianne
10-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Ever get those horrible cramps in your legs when you stretch? Hurts.

Cramps are painful!

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Cramps are painful!
You have to quickly stretch them.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 02:06 PM
I could, too, but I am gonna be a gentleman. :laugh:

Since when did THIS reformation come about? You and Jim are making me want to run outside and gag myself with a spoon with all this polite sh*t.

You two planning on doing the remake of "Night at the Roxbury" as well? Holy crap.:slap:

DLT
10-20-2015, 02:37 PM

I am on vacation again and I have had a crick in my neck that has radiated to my right shoulder. It is the worst crick I have ever had. I had plans to do some stuff, but I am mostly sitting around trying to find a position that doesn't hurt.

Stupid cricks.

I have those occasionally. Mostly I just wake up with my lower back and neck area hurting. It's a thing I'm almost used to, if not always expecting.

Alternate heating pad with ice on the spot. Maybe a little Mineral Ice too (can't hurt). Or soak in a hot tub of Epsom salts and baking soda.

What's a vacation?

Bilgerat
10-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Stupid cricks.

And here I thought that "crick" was the sound a Japanese camera made

Live and learn I guess :teasing:

Gunny
10-20-2015, 02:55 PM
I have those occasionally. Mostly I just wake up with my lower back and neck area hurting. It's a thing I'm almost used to, if not always expecting.

Alternate heating pad with ice on the spot. Maybe a little Mineral Ice too (can't hurt). Or soak in a hot tub of Epsom salts and baking soda.

What's a vacation?

I get and have to put on an ankle brace and knee brace. Right knee is shot. Don't have any neck or back problems, Yet. Thank God. Had a crick in my neck once when I was a kid. Was horrible, I couldn't move my head. It was stuck sideways. Then suddenly it was gone. My right ankle does the same thing but THAT has lasted over the years since I broke it.

I think I've tried every possible thing you can legally buy. I'm addicted to ibuprofen and we're talking 1200 mg three times a day. That was the Navy's "cure-all" in the 80s 90s. It is anti-inflammatory and it does what it's supposed to.

LongTermGuy
10-20-2015, 07:26 PM
I did just now take a bath even though it is not Sunday. Our new little doggie didn't understand, so she jumped up and stood on the edge of the tub looking at me. Finally she slipped off, but it was cute. I love doggies.

​Good...I was going to mention :) taking a nice long candlelight ...hot Bath..with Epsom-Salt...(Your-time)...just to relax and meditate....

tailfins
10-20-2015, 07:30 PM

And bigotry is what an Italian tourist says when he sees a giant redwood for the first time.

A crick is where you go fishin' .

Elessar
10-20-2015, 07:31 PM

Stupid cricks.

Up the crick (creek) without a paddle?

Hot water bottle and Motrin...or a lifejacket:laugh:

WiccanLiberal
10-20-2015, 07:57 PM
Sounds weird but a fabric bag with rice in it. Toss it in the microwave for a minute at a time till it feels comfortably hot. It will conform to the area. You can be fancy and add a little lavender or other oil. Change out the rice if it starts to smell cooked. You can also use flaxseed in the same way but most people have rice around.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 09:51 PM
​Good...I was going to mention :) taking a nice long candlelight ...hot Bath..with Epsom-Salt...(Your-time)...just to relax and meditate....

LTG + relax and meditate = don't compute.

LongTermGuy
10-21-2015, 01:16 AM
LTG + relax and meditate = don't compute.

`Your thinking differently...Its OK...Let me explain...

....One must Relax..in a special... comfortable place...loosen-up ...clear their mind...then...turn their mind to a fresh page...Then "Imagine"..."envision" ...paint that mental `action` picture and *focus on what results they desire....

*Its never easy at first..with practice ...strong desire / tenacity ....Things do begin to happen...`starts every so often`...then..the more they do ...the stronger one becomes...I recommend using this earned gift (if and when attained...) for good and harmless occasions ...

Think `as you may` with my statement above...but...I can assure you ..I am comfortable with it...:)

Gunny
10-21-2015, 02:48 AM
`Your thinking differently...Its OK...Let me explain...

....One must Relax..in a special... comfortable place...loosen-up ...clear their mind...then...turn their mind to a fresh page...Then "Imagine"..."envision" ...paint that mental `action` picture and *focus on what results they desire....

*Its never easy at first..with practice ...strong desire / tenacity ....Things do begin to happen...`starts every so often`...then..the more they do ...the stronger one becomes...I recommend using this earned gift (if and when attained...) for good and harmless occasions ...

Think `as you may` with my statement above...but...I can assure you ..I am comfortable with it...:)

Uh huh. Let me rephrase ... GUNNY + relax = damned sure don't compute. That's a non-starter from the get-go. :hyper:

Perianne
11-03-2015, 01:57 AM
Day 16 of this stupid pain. I went to the Emergency Room over the weekend because of the pain not allowing me to sleep. About two hours of sleep per day for several days and I became a zombie. The diagnosis was cervical radiculopathy, a fancy name for pinched nerve. I have been getting deep tissue massages and they are helping some. But mostly the pain medication is the best thing as it allows me to sleep for several hours.

Anyway, things could be a whole lot worse. Millions of people suffer more every day than I am.

Perianne
11-18-2015, 12:41 AM
I am now into the fifth week of this. Mostly the pain is gone and I can continue with a normal life just as it is, even if it doesn't improve. It IS improving day by day. I came down with some sort of bug Sunday and have been sick for a couple of days. But at least I am not in the pain I was in. My thumb, index and middle fingers on my right hand are still numb.

Anyway, if you have never had a pinched nerve, pray that you never get it. Overall, this will make me a better nurse because I have learned even more about the human body...by personal experience. Sometimes you just don't know how other people are suffering.

LongTermGuy
11-18-2015, 01:11 AM
First Time Chiropractor Neck & Back Adjustment

Dr. Echols is a Chiropractor in Austin, Texas. After discussing why people are afraid of chiropractic, Dr. Echols gives a person their first adjustment. This is a neck and back adjustment demonstration. Chiropractic adjustments for the back and neck correct problems with back pain, tight muscles, subluxations and misalignments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrf1ussF1DE

Jeff
11-18-2015, 08:07 AM
You have to quickly stretch them.

Ever get them where ya can't stretch them out ? Now they suck, all ya can do is lay there and scream.

jimnyc
11-18-2015, 09:30 AM
I am now into the fifth week of this. Mostly the pain is gone and I can continue with a normal life just as it is, even if it doesn't improve. It IS improving day by day. I came down with some sort of bug Sunday and have been sick for a couple of days. But at least I am not in the pain I was in. My thumb, index and middle fingers on my right hand are still numb.

Anyway, if you have never had a pinched nerve, pray that you never get it. Overall, this will make me a better nurse because I have learned even more about the human body...by personal experience. Sometimes you just don't know how other people are suffering.

Take care of that thing!! I'm happy for you that it's getting better. :)

indago
11-18-2015, 10:49 AM
My thumb, index and middle fingers on my right hand are still numb.

You'll just have to use your left hand...

Perianne
11-18-2015, 10:54 AM
You'll just have to use your left hand...

It's difficult to start an IV left-handed.

Perianne
12-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Week eight. The pain is gone but my fingers are still numb, though not as much so.

Elessar
12-09-2015, 07:42 PM

Damn You, Bilge!:laugh:

PixieStix
12-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Week eight. The pain is gone but my fingers are still numb, though not as much so.

You need to see a neurologist. I am sure you know this. Maybe they can help you. Prayers Perianne

Perianne
12-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Today is the beginning of week ten. Some numbness still in the thumb, index and middle fingers of the right hand, but no pain whatsoever. I am happy to have what little damage I have from this incident. I feared I would not live until Christmas.

indago
12-20-2015, 11:29 PM
Today is the beginning of week ten. Some numbness still in the thumb, index and middle fingers of the right hand, but no pain whatsoever. I am happy to have what little damage I have from this incident. I feared I would not live until Christmas.

So far. so good! Tsearly yet...

Perianne
02-25-2016, 12:59 PM

Week nineteen. Same numbness in the thumb and index fingers, though the middle finger numbness has greatly lessened. No pain.

I am thankful. This was one of those things I will never forget.

Perianne
10-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Week 50. Still numbness in the right thumb and index finger. I can live with it.

Elessar
10-01-2016, 08:04 PM
Week 50. Still numbness in the right thumb and index finger. I can live with it.

Pinched nerve in the shoulder I bet! Took me since New Years Eve until last week to get over mine, because it is
hard to fully immobilize a shoulder unless casted.