https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

Anyone thinking of going to see it?

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Episodes 4, 5, and 6.

Rest of em suck.

jimnyc
10-20-2015, 02:13 PM
I'll be seeing it for sure! I'm not a crazy fan like some, but enjoyed the series. The trailer looks good!

Gunny
10-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Episodes 4, 5, and 6.

Rest of em suck.

I actually like 1,2, and 3. I never liked Mark Hamill and their sword fighting was like worse than beginning level. 5 was okay. 6 had a bunch of teddy bears although the part where vader kills sidious is awesome.

I just figure I'm going to die of old age before they ever finish making them. 4 came out when I was 18. I'll be 56 in 2 months.

Black Diamond
10-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I actually like 1,2, and 3. I never liked Mark Hamill and their sword fighting was like worse than beginning level. 5 was okay. 6 had a bunch of teddy bears although the part where vader kills sidious is awesome.

I just figure I'm going to die of old age before they ever finish making them. 4 came out when I was 18. I'll be 56 in 2 months.

I did like Darth Maul.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 02:35 PM
I did like Darth Maul.

I actually like Liam Neeson the best of all of them. Your bad guy killed my good guy, a$$. :slap:

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Warning, the cinemas are going to be PACKED. I will try to get off work early to see the 4PM one as that is usually empty;)

Gunny
10-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Warning, the cinemas are going to be PACKED. I will try to get off work early to see the 4PM one as that is usually empty;)

Not a problem for ME. I wait until it comes out on video. Must be different in the UK at 4PM. Every brat that can't shut up in this country is in them by that time.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Not a problem for ME. I wait until it comes out on video. Must be different in the UK at 4PM. Every brat that can't shut up in this country is in them by that time.
You have got to go and see it at the cinema, this is almost historical movie history!

Gunny
10-20-2015, 03:22 PM
You have got to go and see it at the cinema, this is almost historical movie history!

Not my style. It costs a fortune to go to the movies here. I can wait 6 months and buy the blue ray for less than it would cost for just 2 of us to go to the theatre much less 4 of us. And I can't stand people that can't just shut the crap up and watch the movie. You know how many Star Wars "experts" would be doing a running commentary in a theatre here?

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Not my style. It costs a fortune to go to the movies here. I can wait 6 months and buy the blue ray for less than it would cost for just 2 of us to go to the theatre much less 4 of us. And I can't stand people that can't just shut the crap up and watch the movie. You know how many Star Wars "experts" would be doing a running commentary in a theatre here?
Only costs £15 or so here, I hope like you said the hardcore fans don't go over the top.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 03:45 PM
Only costs £15 or so here, I hope like you said the hardcore fans don't go over the top.

It costs us about $8 per ticket, and Heaven forbid you want popcorn and a coke. We went and saw the Avengers 2 and I think it cost us $60. If I wait until it comes out on blue ray, I can own it,for $23, and buy an entire box of popcorn for $2.50 and put it on pause when I want to have a cigarette. Then I also have to listen only to 2 teenage girls chirping through the movie.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 04:01 PM
It costs us about $8 per ticket, and Heaven forbid you want popcorn and a coke. We went and saw the Avengers 2 and I think it cost us $60. If I wait until it comes out on blue ray, I can own it,for $23, and buy an entire box of popcorn for $2.50 and put it on pause when I want to have a cigarette. Then I also have to listen only to 2 teenage girls chirping through the movie.
The food is obscene. I bring my own and sneak it in.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 04:05 PM
The food is obscene. I bring my own and sneak it in.

We do too, but I LIKE the theatre popcorn. That's half the fun. Crap, for me, that's the ONLY reason to even go to the theatre. Goes back to what I said ... if I have to make my own crap, I'm staying home.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 04:08 PM
We do too, but I LIKE the theatre popcorn. That's half the fun. Crap, for me, that's the ONLY reason to even go to the theatre. Goes back to what I said ... if I have to make my own crap, I'm staying home.
When I was in Florida they confiscated our icecream off us! Unbelievable!

Gunny
10-20-2015, 04:20 PM
When I was in Florida they confiscated our icecream off us! Unbelievable!

Sounds about right. You aren't allowed to vring food into theatres in the states. You have to buy theirs. Try getting something into Disneyworld. It's all about the money.

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Sounds about right. You aren't allowed to vring food into theatres in the states. You have to buy theirs. Try getting something into Disneyworld. It's all about the money.
I was shocked as they actually had a little freezer beside the front desk!!! They did not do that in the UK so from then on we did not risk it.

Gunny
10-20-2015, 04:30 PM
I was shocked as they actually had a little freezer beside the front desk!!! They did not do that in the UK so from then on we did not risk it.

You have to hide everything. Usually the purse works. I used to stick pints of booze in my boots. Then you have to hide when you eat/use it. Never sit up front and try to get a seat with no one behind you, away from the aisle so the usher can;t see you. At Disneyworld, I would always ride their sky tram to drink.

Not that I know any tricks .... :laugh:

Christie Brinkley
10-20-2015, 04:32 PM
You have to hide everything. Usually the purse works. I used to stick pints of booze in my boots. Then you have to hide when you eat/use it. Never sit up front and try to get a seat with no one behind you, away from the aisle so the usher can;t see you. At Disneyworld, I would always ride their sky tram to drink.

Not that I know any tricks .... :laugh:
Do they kick you out if they know you have stuff you have not bought from them?

Gunny
10-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Do they kick you out if they know you have stuff you have not bought from them?

I think so. I haven't done that crap since the early 80s. Got caught with a bottle of Southern Comfort in Oceanside, CA, but I knocked the guy down and hauled ass. Smoked some weed on the sky tram from Tomorrowland to Whereverland at Disney world in the 70s.

I don't honestly know what the law is. Well, about the weed and booze I do, but as far as sneaking in your snacks, I think they kick you out. They're jackasses. You're either buying their crap or you ain't getting anything. Didin't used to be that way.

You used to could sit in the theatre all day, and as long as you had a ticket stub go in and out.

indago
01-07-2016, 08:30 AM
From The Associated Press 6 January 2016:
------------------------------------------------------------
'STAR WARS' BECOMES HIGHEST GROSSING DOMESTIC MOVIE EVER
------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOX_OFFICE_STAR_WARS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-01-06-19-51-26)

I see they're using $ as the measuring stick for their premise, a measure that is as unreliable as a rubber band for measuring.

Noir
01-07-2016, 09:04 AM
One of the most anticipated and highest grossing gilms ever, and companies are determined to mess up their PR over it.

Todays example was Hasbro, who decided to make a Star Wars Monopoly game, and not include a Rey model, their reasoning? - 'Rey was not included to avoid spoiling a key plot line' thats right, they left out the films lead character, so as not to spoil that they are a lead character...

jimnyc
01-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Has anyone seen it since it came out and contributed to those grotesquely high box office numbers? I'll be seeing it soon hopefully.

Russ
01-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Jim- Abbey and I went to see the latest Star Wars movie this past weekend, and it was fun. If you liked the other Star Wars movies, then you should have a good time. Our theatre has the reclining seats and lots of space, so I don't mind paying for the tickets. And it is a great movie to see in 3D, by the way.

Black Diamond
01-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Jim- Abbey and I went to see the latest Star Wars movie this past weekend, and it was fun. If you liked the other Star Wars movies, then you should have a good time. Our theatre has the reclining seats and lots of space, so I don't mind paying for the tickets. And it is a great movie to see in 3D, by the way.

What if I liked 4-6 but not 1-3

Gunny
01-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Has anyone seen it since it came out and contributed to those grotesquely high box office numbers? I'll be seeing it soon hopefully.

The GF and her daughters and the GF's brother contributed. I babysat.

Nukeman
01-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Actually saw it opening night. Was sitting watching TV when the wife looks over and says "hey did you want to take the obys to see the new Star Wars movie" I said I don't know if there are any tickets available.

Looked on-line and saw they were still selling tickets and went in. Low and behold the theater was half empty ON OPENING NIGHT!!! It's a good movie right in line with the first 3 (4-6). little humor lots of action.. I won't spoil for anyone....:thumb:

namvet
01-20-2016, 09:02 PM
wife and saw it this past Monday. we liked it. it was entertaining IMO. we always wait till the crowd thins out then go

Gunny
01-22-2016, 12:48 PM
What if I liked 4-6 but not 1-3

Means your old and getting stuck in your ways.:laugh: