PDA

View Full Version : Mia Matsumiya - Online Harrassment

Noir
10-21-2015, 06:33 AM
Quite an interesting/disgusting read - An American musician has been taking screen shots of harassing Facebook/Twitter/Instagram messages she has been sent over the years, and has now set up the account https://instagram.com/perv_magnet/ (http://instagram.com/perv_magnet/) to start posting the images to.
Obvs vulgar/creepy content.

Whats worse is having posted this, there are now people posting 'in the guys defence' because this story needs to be worse.

indago
10-21-2015, 07:27 AM
Quite an interesting/disgusting read - An American musician has been taking screen shots of harassing Facebook/Twitter/Instagram messages she has been sent over the years, and has now set up the account https://instagram.com/perv_magnet/ (http://instagram.com/perv_magnet/) to start posting the images to.

Whats worse is having posted this, there are now people posting 'in the guys defence' because this story needs to be worse.

I doubt that she would swallow...

fj1200
10-21-2015, 08:10 AM
WTF is wrong with people.

indago
10-21-2015, 10:15 AM

It's a sign of the times: interracial marriage; sodomy; gay marriage; pederasty; homosexuality; pedophilia; etc...

Depends on your definition of "wrong"...

fj1200
10-21-2015, 12:10 PM
It's a sign of the times: interracial marriage...

Wow.

Noir
10-21-2015, 12:11 PM
I doubt that she would swallow...

Quality input >,>

jimnyc
10-21-2015, 12:16 PM
They are scumbags. I wonder why she is such a "magnet"? I don't see anything so special about her to deserve non-stop crap from so many people. Is she famous somehow?

Noir
10-21-2015, 12:25 PM
They are scumbags. I wonder why she is such a "magnet"? I don't see anything so special about her to deserve non-stop crap from so many people. Is she famous somehow?

I believe the main factor is that she's a young woman - To be a young woman and be on social media results in this kind of reaction.
I know that my partner (who is not overly active on social media) barely has a week go by without messages from men of a similar nature.

jimnyc
10-21-2015, 12:37 PM
I believe the main factor is that she's a young woman - To be a young woman and be on social media results in this kind of reaction.
I know that my partner (who is not overly active on social media) barely has a week go by without messages from men of a similar nature.

I have friends on FB and those that use instagram (I don't) and they don't get hassled. And certainly not to such an extent like this. No doubt it happens, as we see with this girl. Just weird that so man decided to send this person such disgusting things. I wonder how many sent the messages just because of her setting up that account? And nope, that doesn't make it right.

Noir
10-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I wonder how many sent the messages just because of her setting up that account?

She's only just set up the perv_magnet account - the messages themselves range over years.
Another reason could be the fetishisation of her race - many of the posts mention her race.

Bearing in mind that these are just normal social platforms, when one extends this to actual dating websites...

Abbey Marie
10-21-2015, 04:18 PM
She's only just set up the perv_magnet account - the messages themselves range over years.
Another reason could be the fetishisation of her race - many of the posts mention her race.

Bearing in mind that these are just normal social platforms, when one extends this to actual dating websites...

I would add that at least from that small pic, she has that pre-pubescent look that pedophiles and otherwise weak and insecure "men", are attracted to.

I would also add that an easy fix is to stay off social media.

Noir
10-21-2015, 05:29 PM
I would also add that an easy fix is to stay off social media.

I would not consider that a 'fix'.

Abbey Marie
10-21-2015, 06:02 PM
I would not consider that a 'fix'.

You don't think that is a fix for her? Why not?

Noir
10-21-2015, 06:09 PM
You don't think that is a fix for her? Why not?

If forum members here started sending you harassing messages, and Jim said 'easy fix, leave the forum' you would consider that a fix?

indago
10-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Wow.

I'm surprised that you would even question this, progressive as you are. Are you denying someone's right to ask this young woman if she swallows?

fj1200
10-21-2015, 09:20 PM
I'm surprised that you would even question this, progressive as you are. Are you denying someone's right to ask this young woman if she swallows?

You apparently don't even know what I quoted.

indago
10-21-2015, 10:30 PM
You apparently don't even know what I quoted.

And you are apparently backing away from your progressiveness...

Abbey Marie
10-21-2015, 11:32 PM
If forum members here started sending you harassing messages, and Jim said 'easy fix, leave the forum' you would consider that a fix?

So you're not denying it would solve the problem; you just don't think she should have to stop posting on social media sites.

Your analogy also doesn't work because I am not identifying myself publically, nor am I posting pictures of myself. Also, asking Jim to ban someone on his personal and quite manageable board, is quite different from stopping umpteen weirdos from posting on Instagram, et al. She has the power to make it stop by stopping herself.

Black Diamond
10-21-2015, 11:40 PM
So you're not denying it would solve the problem; you just don't think she should have to stop posting on social media sites.

Your analogy also doesn't work because I am not identifying myself publically, nor am I posting pictures of myself. Also, asking Jim to ban someone on his personal and quite manageable board, is quite different from stopping umpteen weirdos from posting on Instagram, et al. She has the power to make it stop by stopping herself.

Is she even 18?

Abbey Marie
10-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Is she even 18?
Don't know, but I'm sure these guys prefer to think of her as younger.

Black Diamond
10-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Don't know, but I'm sure these guys prefer to think of her as younger.

She looks too young. I would not want my daughter to have a Pinterest account or things like that.

Noir
10-22-2015, 04:38 AM
Is she even 18?

She is 35 years old.

Noir
10-22-2015, 04:41 AM

Yes.

I consider that the wrong way to look at the problem, but whatever ticks your clock.

Gunny
10-22-2015, 04:50 AM

Be careful what you post. Anything you throw out into the public domain is fair game and unfortunately, there ARE people out there who get online for no other purpose than to screw with other people. Why is beyond me, bu they do.

Noir
10-22-2015, 04:53 AM
Anything you throw out into the public domain is fair game.

'Im being harassed online'
'That's fair game'

Gunny
10-22-2015, 05:09 AM
'Im being harassed online'
'That's fair game'

I made a point from a legal and experience position. I did NOT state I agree with the behavior.

For instance, I mess with you and your arguments on this board and I'm very sarcastic. But I'm not in your PM box nor stalking you around the internet nor taking snapshots of your posts and creating crap. All of which I am perfectly capable. There ARE people out there who live to do just that.

This board and playing videos or looking up info are pretty much all I do on the internet. People that post their personal info and pics all over social media are taking their chances. Too many hackers, stalkers and just plain asses out there.

fj1200
10-22-2015, 07:21 AM
And you are apparently backing away from your progressiveness...

I'm just backing away from your bigotry.

indago
10-22-2015, 07:24 AM
I'm just backing away from your bigotry.

What "bigotry" would that be?

Gunny
10-22-2015, 07:32 AM

You need a list? You want it in numerical or alphabetical? FJ's about as progressive as I am. You, on the other hand, are about as one sided as a sand dollar.

fj1200
10-22-2015, 07:34 AM

It's a sign of the times: interracial marriage; sodomy; gay marriage; pederasty; homosexuality; pedophilia; etc...

Seems pretty clear there.

Gunny
10-22-2015, 07:37 AM

My definition of "wrong" is anyone that tries to word-f*ck the word "wrong".

jimnyc
10-22-2015, 09:21 AM
Wow, and 35??? I know TONS of women in that range. Weirdly enough, not a one that has ever received such harassment online. I "am NOT" condoning anything - but something still stinks with this version of accounts. Unless it's all wackjob asian fetish weirdos... She even says it happens "most of her life". That's truly sad, but still odd to me. I know there are assholes out there, but all targeting this one woman?

Gunny
10-22-2015, 09:26 AM
Wow, and 35??? I know TONS of women in that range. Weirdly enough, not a one that has ever received such harassment online. I "am NOT" condoning anything - but something still stinks with this version of accounts. Unless it's all wackjob asian fetish weirdos... She even says it happens "most of her life". That's truly sad, but still odd to me. I know there are assholes out there, but all targeting this one woman?

It's a game and you and I know it. The game goes both ways. Attention whores just draw lines of demarcation like the 38th Parallel.

jimnyc
10-22-2015, 09:48 AM
It's a game and you and I know it. The game goes both ways. Attention whores just draw lines of demarcation like the 38th Parallel.

I have NO doubt that there are scum out there that prey on women like this. But the sheer amount of times, over more than a decade? I just find it odd is all. She shouldn't have to deal with a single one of them, so it's not about that. It's just that the whole story doesn't ring true to me. I know women that are 4000x hotter (no offense, just the facts), and have accounts stringing across 15 different social media outlets, with endless friends, and barely see one such harassment from anonymous folks.

What I will say, is that after a few of them, why is her account not private to others outside of her friends? This is recommended for everyone, not even just women, and not just on one particular site. Privacy is key, and she doesn't seem to care.

AND, she is still able to communicate with these people? WHY? And she makes this new account and alerts many of them of it? WHY? Something here doesn't add up in my mind.

indago
10-22-2015, 10:52 AM

You mean, just the mention of a word anymore is bigotry? I mentioned sodomy, and gay marriage too. Is that bigotry?

Perianne
10-22-2015, 10:55 AM
I have NO doubt that there are scum out there that prey on women like this. But the sheer amount of times, over more than a decade? I just find it odd is all. She shouldn't have to deal with a single one of them, so it's not about that. It's just that the whole story doesn't ring true to me. I know women that are 4000x hotter (no offense, just the facts), and have accounts stringing across 15 different social media outlets, with endless friends, and barely see one such harassment from anonymous folks.

What I will say, is that after a few of them, why is her account not private to others outside of her friends? This is recommended for everyone, not even just women, and not just on one particular site. Privacy is key, and she doesn't seem to care.

AND, she is still able to communicate with these people? WHY? And she makes this new account and alerts many of them of it? WHY? Something here doesn't add up in my mind.

I wouldn't say I am 4,000 times hotter, but thanks for the compliment. :)

fj1200
10-22-2015, 11:59 AM
You mean, just the mention of a word anymore is bigotry? I mentioned sodomy, and gay marriage too. Is that bigotry?

No, how you mention the words is bigotry; you are clearly intolerant. I didn't highlight the others but now that you mention it yes, you are likely expressing your bigotry there too.

Abbey Marie
10-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Yes.

I consider that the wrong way to look at the problem, but whatever ticks your clock.

I've been told that men like to solve the problem, while women want to discuss their feelings about it.

Looks like you and I (and possibly fj, given his thanks for your post) are switching those gender roles.

Abbey Marie
10-22-2015, 12:54 PM

Exactly the point I've been making. It's such an easy fix, that to not do it makes one wonder if she is feeding off this in some weird way. Perhaps getting guys to take up her cause (like Noir is doing here) is what she's after. :dunno:

Black Diamond
10-22-2015, 01:09 PM
She is 35 years old.

Wow. To he honest, I didn't read the article because I was so disgusted with what I thought was the case.

Noir
10-22-2015, 01:10 PM

Maybe she wants fans to be able to contact her via social media? Send her messages, tag her in Instagram posts etc.

indago
10-22-2015, 01:55 PM
No, how you mention the words is bigotry; you are clearly intolerant. I didn't highlight the others but now that you mention it yes, you are likely expressing your bigotry there too.

You had posted: "WTF is wrong with people.", indicating your utter disgust at some of the writings addressed to this young woman. I, then, posted: "It's a sign of the times: interracial marriage; sodomy; gay marriage; pederasty; homosexuality; pedophilia; etc...

Depends on your definition of "wrong"...", indicating that one hundred years ago, things like this wouldn't happen. But the times, they are a'changin'. And you have hallucinated that this changing of the times is a bigotry on my part. You are truly a basket case.

Black Diamond
10-22-2015, 01:59 PM
You had posted: "WTF is wrong with people.", indicating your utter disgust at some of the writings addressed to this young woman. I, then, posted: "It's a sign of the times: interracial marriage; sodomy; gay marriage; pederasty; homosexuality; pedophilia; etc...

Depends on your definition of "wrong"...", indicating that one hundred years ago, things like this wouldn't happen. But the times, they are a'changin'. And you have hallucinated that this changing of the times is a bigotry on my part. You are truly a basket case.

Do you beleive that interracial marriage is part of what is wrong with society?

Abbey Marie
10-22-2015, 02:04 PM

I know that you are not asking me, but I have always seen it as a very hopeful sign for society.

indago
10-22-2015, 02:08 PM

fj1200 is the one that uttered: ""WTF is wrong with people." Ask him. I just mentioned that times have changed.

Gunny
10-22-2015, 02:35 PM

I hear you. Seen both sides of the coin. If this person has been the target of harassment for that long you'd think making the same mistake hoping for a different result might click in her head ...NO. Just sounds like one of those terminal victims to me. You CAN drop off the grid.

Some people are just weird. I can analyze it but I can't explain it. I don't get the predators nor the prey in this kind of crap. When I get mad, I just blow up and it's over. Terminal victims drive me just as batty as the morons that stalk them. Why do you think I haven't started my own board? I'd rather let YOU deal with the goofball drama. :laugh: I had enough of that crap. You tend to forget I was a Company Gunny my last 5 years and I had usually 140 or so Marines I had to deal with. Was a platoon Sergeant before that and a squad leader before that. Then I ended up twice running message boards. Enough's enough.

But reading these people isn't hard and you know it. You wouldn't still be around if you didn't have some skill in that department. Take your former board for example. It's cross advertised by a professional board owner and the political IQ there is about 10. Everyone is too busy attacking others and backstabbing them to actually have a conversation. All they do is fuss and fight and create drama.

Perianne
10-22-2015, 02:41 PM
I hear you. Seen both sides of the coin. If this person has been the target of harassment for that long you'd think making the same mistake hoping for a different result might click in her head ...NO. Just sounds like one of those terminal victims to me. You CAN drop off the grid.

Some people are just weird. I can analyze it but I can't explain it. I don't get the predators nor the prey in this kind of crap. When I get mad, I just blow up and it's over. Terminal victims drive me just as batty as the morons that stalk them. Why do you think I haven't started my own board? I'd rather let YOU deal with the goofball drama. :laugh: I had enough of that crap. You tend to forget I was a Company Gunny my last 5 years and I had usually 140 or so Marines I had to deal with. Was a platoon Sergeant before that and a squad leader before that. Then I ended up twice running message boards. Enough's enough.

But reading these people isn't hard and you know it. You wouldn't still be around if you didn't have some skill in that department. Take your former board for example. It's cross advertised by a professional board owner and the political IQ there is about 10. Everyone is too busy attacking others and backstabbing them to actually have a conversation. All they do is fuss and fight and create drama.

Why do people want to behave like that?

fj1200
10-22-2015, 02:53 PM
I've been told that men like to solve the problem, while women want to discuss their feelings about it.

Looks like you and I (and possibly fj, given his thanks for your post) are switching those gender roles.

There is no fix for disgusting responses that still allows her to connect with others. It might be helpful here if we knew how many comments she gets are of what she posted vs. all the comments she gets. It lets the morons off the hook if the only suggestion she gets is to retreat from social media. She is attempting to solve the problem by publicizing it along the lines of Curt Schilling.

Gunny
10-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Why do people want to behave like that?

Like I said, I can analyze it. I can't explain it. I have no idea.

fj1200
10-22-2015, 02:56 PM

I made two comments; the first as you point out showing my disgust with internet morons. The second pointing out your bigotry. You may be a bigot and possibly a racist if you like, it's a free country. But please keep it away from conservatism.

indago
10-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I made two comments; the first as you point out showing my disgust with internet morons. The second pointing out your bigotry. You may be a bigot and possibly a racist if you like, it's a free country. But please keep it away from conservatism.

And you still haven't pointed out what was "bigotry" about what I wrote, just a hallucinatory rant on your part: expected, of course...

indago
10-22-2015, 07:04 PM

Having a discussion with you goes like this:

We're sitting at a table having soup...

I say: "This soup is really good"

You say: "How can you say that, there's a fly in your soup"

I say: "I don't see a fly"

You say: "You better get it out of there"

I say: "There's no fly in my soup"

You say: "You better get it out of there before it poops, or something"

I say: "There is no fly in my soup, you are hallucinating"

You say: "You better get it out of there before you eat it and it makes you sick"

I say: "Show me where there is a fly in my soup"

You look, and say: "You must have ate it"

I say: "There is not, nor was there ever a fly in my soup. You have hallucinated this whole thing"

You say: "There, see, I told you that it would make you sick"

Gunny
10-22-2015, 07:22 PM
:popcorn:

fj1200
10-23-2015, 07:46 AM
And you still haven't pointed out what was "bigotry" about what I wrote, just a hallucinatory rant on your part: expected, of course...

Bigots like you are apparently blind to their own musings.

Having a discussion with you goes like this:

I suppose it's better than...

You: "Puts foot in mouth"

Me: Your foot is in your mouth

You: "muffle muffle muffle"
[rough translation] My foot is not in my mouth

:dunno:

indago
10-23-2015, 08:27 AM
Bigots like you are apparently blind to their own musings.

indago
10-24-2015, 09:41 AM

Realizing that you have provided no foundation whatsoever for your cries of bigotry concerning what I wrote, and that you were just blowing smoke, what do you find "wrong" with what some have written to Mia Matsumiya?

fj1200
10-26-2015, 07:45 AM
Realizing that you have provided no foundation whatsoever for your cries of bigotry concerning what I wrote, and that you were just blowing smoke, what do you find "wrong" with what some have written to Mia Matsumiya?

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? You'll never accept the foundation that I posted so I'll just leave it for the others. If you want to support what others posted to Ms. Matsumiya then have at it.

Noir
10-26-2015, 07:57 AM
It's a sign of the times: interracial marriage;

Do you define interracial marriage as wrong?

Gunny
10-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Dude, WTF is wrong with you? You'll never accept the foundation that I posted so I'll just leave it for the others. If you want to support what others posted to Ms. Matsumiya then have at it.

When does he? He's got a 9 page thread that is nothing but sniveling yet wants to call anyone that disagrees with him a sniveler. Typical left wing BS.

indago
10-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Do you define interracial marriage as wrong?

POSTED (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52149-Mia-Matsumiya-Online-Harrassment&p=772217#post772217)

indago
10-26-2015, 05:45 PM
When does he? He's got a 9 page thread that is nothing but sniveling yet wants to call anyone that disagrees with him a sniveler. Typical left wing BS.

Oh, stop whining! Will there be no end to your snivels?

indago
10-26-2015, 05:53 PM

You are waffling again! I didn't suggest an opinion one way or another, just noted that it was a "sign of the times". You queried about the wrongness of it, and I queried you on what you thought was wrong about it. Now you won't even back up your exclamation; expected.

Noir
10-26-2015, 05:56 PM
POSTED (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52149-Mia-Matsumiya-Online-Harrassment&p=772217#post772217)

Why avoid the question? Just answer because your posts regarding 'changing times' are ambiguous on the issue. Yes/No will suffice.

Elessar
10-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Anyone that posts on social media is an easy target.

What the twisted issue here is not clear, but lots of
people hide behind a screen and say things that would
get their lights knocked out in RL.

I bounced military and coal-mining bars...two shot from
my hands and you are old cold.

Noir...you whine too much.