PDA

View Full Version : Why Are You Against Abortion?

Perianne
10-21-2015, 07:21 PM
I recently got a new doggie from the Humane Society. Before they even show the dogs/cats/rabbits to the public, they spay/neuter them. That is so society does not have to care for more unwanted animals.

Playing devil's advocate, why would conservatives want even more undesirables who will vote Democrat? By aborting the 50 million or so thus far, haven't liberals, by reducing the number of their own offspring (who are VERY likely to grow up limiting your freedoms and voting for Democrats), helped out the conservatives ? If a liberal cannot find value in their own progeny, why should conservatives find value?

To be sure, I find abortion a great evil, probably the greatest evil of all time. But I am torn about this paradox.

Your thoughts?

Bilgerat
10-21-2015, 07:56 PM
This is Juan Williams;

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-10/56955814.jpg

Juan is a black liberal.

Juan has two sons, Antonio ("Tony") and Raphael ("Raffi").

Both have left the "darkside" and are Republicans.

Allowing the left free reign to cull their own herd can remove future productive citizens from society.

:salute:

fj1200
10-21-2015, 09:30 PM
... unwanted animals.

... more undesirables ...

Your thoughts?

It seems you find common ground with Margaret Sanger.

Gunny
10-22-2015, 05:25 AM
I recently got a new doggie from the Humane Society. Before they even show the dogs/cats/rabbits to the public, they spay/neuter them. That is so society does not have to care for more unwanted animals.

Playing devil's advocate, why would conservatives want even more undesirables who will vote Democrat? By aborting the 50 million or so thus far, haven't liberals, by reducing the number of their own offspring (who are VERY likely to grow up limiting your freedoms and voting for Democrats), helped out the conservatives ? If a liberal cannot find value in their own progeny, why should conservatives find value?

To be sure, I find abortion a great evil, probably the greatest evil of all time. But I am torn about this paradox.

Your thoughts?

You're sick. :laugh:

My entire family is leftwingers except for my brother,father and I and my father was a Democrat until 72. My mother and stepfather are leftwingnuts from Hell. I'd hate to think I was being aborted for my politics. Already been told if they had birth control back then I wouldn't be here. :laugh:

Abortion is murder to me. Doesn't matter how you slice and dice it. I'm still hung up on how you can harvest human bodyparts from something that isn't human.

revelarts
10-22-2015, 07:10 AM
Well if those that consider themselves "desirable" all had vasectomies or their tubes tied and aborted any of their stray children. Then they'd all eventually die off and not have to subject any offspring to living in a world with other groups of people they find difficult.

Basically people who think the final solution is killing groups of people should begin with themselves. That'd solve all their problems.

Gunny
10-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Well if those that consider themselves "desirable" all had vasectomies or their tubes tied and aborted any of their stray children. Then they'd all eventually die off and not have to subject any offspring to living in a world with other groups of people they find difficult.

Basically people who think the final solution is killing groups of people should begin with themselves. That'd solve all their problems.

What makes abortion different than the selection process Himmler used? Man playing God and deciding who lives and who dies. We condemn the NAZIs; yet, what makes the left any different?

Christie Brinkley
10-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Some pro abortionists want to stop women from smoking and drinking while pregnant yet they give the green light for its death?

Gunny
10-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Some pro abortionists want to stop women from smoking and drinking while pregnant yet they give the green light for its death?

Oh, get ME started. They changed our meals in the military because it was healthier. They restricted the hell out of our smoking for our health.

Then the put a rifle in your hand and tell you to go get shot at. Way to look out for our health.

And not ONE of those idiots has seen a dead baby that someone's murdered just because.

Christie Brinkley
10-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Oh, get ME started. They changed our meals in the military because it was healthier. They restricted the hell out of our smoking for our health.

Then the put a rifle in your hand and tell you to go get shot at. Way to look out for our health.

And not ONE of those idiots has seen a dead baby that someone's murdered just because.
Ever seen the movie 'demolition man'? That is the future of the nanny state that wants us to live like puritans.

Btw do they force you to take shots in the military?

Gunny
10-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Ever seen the movie 'demolition man'? That is the future of the nanny state that wants us to live like puritans.

Btw do they force you to take shots in the military?

I don't need to see a movie. I know which one you're talking about. I'm the Dennis Leary in the group.

I went overseas at the age of 2. Getting shots doesn't mean crap to me. It wasn't optional though. I'm immune to everything in the universe. :laugh:

Christie Brinkley
10-22-2015, 09:26 AM
I don't need to see a movie. I know which one you're talking about. I'm the Dennis Leary in the group.

I went overseas at the age of 2. Getting shots doesn't mean crap to me. It wasn't optional though. I'm immune to everything in the universe. :laugh:
You were required to take shots to join the military?

Gunny
10-22-2015, 09:32 AM
You were required to take shots to join the military?

I was required to take shots to go overseas to Turkey as a toddler. I never thought anything about it. You should try a typhoid shot. You lay on the sofa looking like a dead roach for about 36 hours.

But yeah, they line you up as a recruit and shoot you full of crap starting day 1. AND shoot your butt full of gamaglobulin. That only hurts for about 3 days. Why? You don't like shots or something?

Christie Brinkley
10-22-2015, 09:35 AM
I was required to take shots to go overseas to Turkey as a toddler. I never thought anything about it. You should try a typhoid shot. You lay on the sofa looking like a dead roach for about 36 hours.

But yeah, they line you up as a recruit and shoot you full of crap starting day 1. AND shoot your butt full of gamaglobulin. That only hurts for about 3 days. Why? You don't like shots or something?
In some countries the military take all and any shots which are available and force the soldiers to take them under orders.

NightTrain
10-22-2015, 09:39 AM
I've posted my reason before here, so I'll just copy & paste. I wrote this back in '03 when we were talking about it on USMB :

My personal opinion formed when Misty became pregnant with Ricky back in '96.

We went in for an ultrasound, and the tech was cheerful and bubbly. Then suddenly she got real quiet & I could see she was disturbed... she kept focusing the screen on Ricky's head, but wouldn't answer me when I asked her what was wrong. Then she got up, told us to stay there, and left.

After a few minutes, a doctor came in, and they looked & took pictures of the ultrasound. They flat out wouldn't tell me what was up.

About a week later, they called us back in. The doc sat us down and explained that the baby had some sort of hideous genetic disorder and would be severely retarded, have massive defects, would be in constant agony, etc.. they could tell this by looking at the cysts in the brain. I forget the term for this, but it's flat out scary shit. Neither of us have any relatives that have problems that we know of, and he was puzzled about that. Anyway, the doc was demanding that we abort the pregnancy. I immediately shook my head, and that fucker put his hand up to me and told me I had nothing to say about it! Misty said no, too, but if I hadn't been there, would have gone along with it. He described how it was going to be for him, and it was truly frightening.

Anyway, we agreed we'd come back in for another ultrasound in 3 weeks. We spent those weeks calling every family member we could track down, looking for an answer to the terrible genetic disorder that no one ever talked about.

We came back again, and there was another woman doing the ultrasound. She was bubbly & excited to see him moving around, and finally I asked her about the cysts in his brain. She gave me a puzzled look and focused in on the brain - there wasn't anything there! I was dumbfounded. I asked her what happened to the terrible genetic deformation, and she had no idea what I was talking about, so I explained what happened on our last trip in.

She got kinda pissed, and explained that technology is moving so fast these days, they're seeing things that they've never seen before, so they don't know how to interpret what they're seeing! She assured us he was perfectly normal.

Now when I look at Ricky, who is a perfect little boy & my pride and joy, I shudder at what almost happened to him before he ever had a chance to experience life.

Ricky is now 19 and working with me every day.. I'm teaching him Telecom and he's kicking ass at it. He's always been a very bright kid, has his own place, a cool truck, a beautiful girlfriend and I shudder to think what that incompetent quack tried to do. I know that my first wife, Misty, would have definitely gotten the abortion because the Doc said so. How many other babies did that quack kill?

I told Ricky this story a while back after hearing him say that he didn't really have an opinion about abortion, and that it was up to the girl because "it's her body and her choice".

I could see my story hit him to his core, and he came back a couple of days later, gave me a big hug and said : "Thanks for saving my life, Dad".

Gunny
10-22-2015, 09:46 AM
In some countries the military take all and any shots which are available and force the soldiers to take them under orders.

Same here. Kids are required to have shots for school. Military personnel are required by order to take shots. I grew up in the military so I've never thought twice about it. Only shot I ever avoided was the flu shot because despite the government propaganda otherwise, I get the flu when I get a flu shot.

Christie Brinkley
10-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Same here. Kids are required to have shots for school. Military personnel are required by order to take shots. I grew up in the military so I've never thought twice about it. Only shot I ever avoided was the flu shot because despite the government propaganda otherwise, I get the flu when I get a flu shot.
I thought that only happened in California? Flu shot is completely useless and is pushed by the government.

Perianne
10-22-2015, 10:50 AM
I've posted my reason before here, so I'll just copy & paste....

To be certain, I am very much against abortion for reasons including the one you graciously shared above.

Could we all agree that the world would have been better off had murderers of millions like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Idi Amin , and the like never lived? If so, what about people who only murdered a few dozens, like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, and the like? What about someone who only murdered one person, like the cop-killer, Mumia Abu-Jamal?

Let's rachet it down even more. Recently we heard in the news about a man who caught another man sexually abusing the first man's young son. The father beat the man to death.....and we all cheer the father for protecting his family. Wouldn't the world be better off without child-molesters?

Does anyone disagree with my thinking on this?

fj1200
10-22-2015, 12:20 PM

God I hope so. You get to be the one to decide then right? Who lives. Who dies.

Jeff
10-22-2015, 01:02 PM
To be certain, I am very much against abortion for reasons including the one you graciously shared above.

Could we all agree that the world would have been better off had murderers of millions like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Idi Amin , and the like never lived? If so, what about people who only murdered a few dozens, like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, and the like? What about someone who only murdered one person, like the cop-killer, Mumia Abu-Jamal?

Let's rachet it down even more. Recently we heard in the news about a man who caught another man sexually abusing the first man's young son. The father beat the man to death.....and we all cheer the father for protecting his family. Wouldn't the world be better off without child-molesters?

Hell iof you could look at a ultrasound and know for sure these folks would grow into murdering POS then I would agree with ya here.

Abbey Marie
10-22-2015, 01:13 PM
As Jeff, implied, how would abortion help us get rid of homicidal maniacs? I think the procedure you are looking for is the death penalty.

Perianne
10-22-2015, 01:22 PM
As Jeff, implied, how would abortion help us get rid of homicidal maniacs? I think the procedure you are looking for is the death penalty.

The death penalty would be after the deeds are done. What if we could prevent the deeds by preventing the life? How do you feel about abortion in such a fantasy?

Abbey Marie
10-22-2015, 01:58 PM
The death penalty would be after the deeds are done. What if we could prevent the deeds by preventing the life? How do you feel about abortion in such a fantasy?

That's too much of a stretch, too illogical, for me to consider.

But I would say that, overall, one must believe in the possibility of redemption. Which leads us to the very Evangelism that our liberal and atheist friends despise.

As for the death penalty, there is at least no need to wait for more than one murder to make that decision.

aboutime
10-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Personally. I'm NOT against abortion. I just wish more abortions had taken place before all the LIARS, and LIBERALS had been born to become Democrat Politicians.:laugh:
ROE V. WADE came too late!

Gunny
10-22-2015, 05:50 PM
I thought that only happened in California? Flu shot is completely useless and is pushed by the government.

It's required in the military. I usually tried to arrange being at the range or in the field.

I don't know if it's useless. I have no idea what the stats are. I just know they gave us some dumbass shots that only made me sick. Typhoid and cholera were the worst. You aren't doing ANYTHING after either of those. They just plant you. Breathing hurts.

The flu shot always gave me the flu. I haven't had the flu since my last flu shot. I just go with the math on it.

Jeff
10-23-2015, 07:11 AM

If you could look at a ultrasound and it magically tell you, yup this is going to be a murdering scum bag then I would agree with aborting that pregnancy, but there is no way of telling what that fetus is going to grow to be.

fj1200
10-23-2015, 07:53 AM
Racists like to try and play God.

Gunny
10-23-2015, 08:18 AM
Racists like to try and play God.

Everyone likes to play God. Democrats LOVE to play God. You're probably too young to remember but this was a WHOLE different country in the 60s and 70s. While every rightwinger in the world talks about Reagan like a God, he started the enforced morality crap. The Dems call it something else but do the same thing. We used to actually be relatively free until PC hit. And anyone trying tell what to think, do or say is "playing God".

But we ALL also judge each other by what they do and say.

Racists are just who and what they are. I just want to know why it's okay to be a balck, hispanic, jewish, asian racist but whites aren't allowed.