PDA

View Full Version : Trump Change: More GOP Voters Than Ever Say He’s The Man

jimnyc
10-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Bang! More Republicans than ever think Donald Trump will be their party’s presidential nominee next year.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 74% of Likely Republican Voters believe Trump is likely to end up as the GOP nominee, with 34% who say it is Very Likely. The overall finding is a 16-point jump from a week ago and up eight points from Trump’s previous high among Republicans of 66% in early September. This is also the highest number to date who see a Trump nomination as Very Likely.

Just 23% of GOP voters say “The Donald” is unlikely to capture the Republican nomination, but that includes only six percent (6%) who consider it Not At All Likely. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

When Trump first announced his candidacy in mid-June, just 27% of Republicans felt his nomination was likely.

Among all likely voters, 57% say Trump is likely to be the Republican presidential nominee, with 22% who view it as Very Likely. Both these findings are also record highs since Rasmussen Reports began the weekly Trump Change survey in mid-August. Thirty-nine percent (39%) still say Trump is not likely to win the nomination, with 16% who say it is Not At All Likely.

Trump’s jump coincides with a good week-and-a-half by Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton who triumphed in her party’s first presidential race debate last week and got a big boost from Vice President Joe Biden’s decision not to challenge her. She also emerged unscathed from a lengthy appearance yesterday before the congressional committee investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya in 2012.

In a hypothetical matchup between the two, Trump and Clinton are in a near tie, but a sizable 22% prefer some other candidate.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/trump_change

Black Diamond
10-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Time for Carson to drop out so Carly can body slam Trump's ass.

jimnyc
10-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Time for Carson to drop out so Carly can body slam Trump's ass.

I want Trump to win still. He's my favorite choice, personally. BUT...

I've been reading a lot of course. And while I think Trump CAN win this thing, I'm still a bit worried. WHO has the best chance against Shrillary in the general? Would that be Trump, Carson or Cruz... Fiorina? It's all for nothing if that skank gets in office. Hell, I'm willing to vote against Trump and vote for dead Jeffrey Dahmer if it keeps that piece of crap out of office.

Black Diamond
10-23-2015, 11:34 PM
I want Trump to win still. He's my favorite choice, personally. BUT...

I've been reading a lot of course. And while I think Trump CAN win this thing, I'm still a bit worried. WHO has the best chance against Shrillary in the general? Would that be Trump, Carson or Cruz... Fiorina? It's all for nothing if that skank gets in office. Hell, I'm willing to vote against Trump and vote for dead Jeffrey Dahmer if it keeps that piece of crap out of office.

I would take Trump over Carson. I think Jeb has the best chance in the General but i am not voting for him in the primaries. I did that last time. I thought newt was the best candidate but voted for Romney in primaries based on electability. Felt like crap when Romney lost anyway