PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush Still Thinks Soviet Union Exists!

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Ahahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT02OQDaDI

Gunny
10-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Do you think it does not?

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Do you think it does not?
So you think it does exist?:laugh:

Gunny
10-24-2015, 08:57 AM
So you think it does exist?:laugh:

Changing your name doesn't change YOU.

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Changing your name doesn't change YOU.
Leadership has changed? Country split up?

Seriously?

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 09:09 AM
I'm no fan of Jeb, but those of us that grew up during the Cold War sometimes misspeak and revert back to Soviet Union when we mean Russia. Jeb knows the USSR is long gone, it was a obviously a simple mistake.

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 09:12 AM
I'm no fan of Jeb, but those of us that grew up during the Cold War sometimes misspeak and revert back to Soviet Union when we mean Russia. Jeb knows the USSR is long gone, it was a obviously a simple mistake.
Neocons are stuck in the cold war and people who grew up in the cold war were indoctrinated with Russo-phobic ideas.

I hate communism but communism has gone. The soviet union has gone. The leaders have gone. The flag has gone.

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:15 AM
Neocons are stuck in the cold war and people who grew up in the cold war were indoctrinated with Russo-phobic ideas.

I hate communism but communism has gone. The soviet union has gone. The leaders have gone. The flag has gone.

That all may be good and true, but I wouldn't trust Russia in the slightest bit. And it's not some sort of "fear". That's like "homophobe", an invented word, trying to imply fear. I just don't trust the fuckers.

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 09:17 AM
That all may be good and true, but I wouldn't trust Russia in the slightest bit. And it's not some sort of "fear". That's like "homophobe", an invented word, trying to imply fear. I just don't trust the fuckers.
So you trust the american government more then?:rolleyes:

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:21 AM
So you trust the american government more then?:rolleyes:

I trust them more than the UK government too, as well as many other countries.

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Just because they are your government? That is a bit childish?

It is like a child saying my parent is better than everyone else... well yes you would say that because they are your parent but that does not make it true.

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Just because they are your government? That is a bit childish?

It is like a child saying my parent is better than everyone else... well yes you would say that because they are your parent but that does not make it true.

And which countries do you trust the UK more than? Do you trust Russia more than the UK? What about compared to the USA? And compared to Saudi Arabia? I can go on and on. And to those in which you trust the UK more than, why would you be so childish to believe that?

Now, when you're done answering that - please quote me where I stated that the reason I trust the US over Russia or the UK was solely because they're my government. Wait, we both know you will be unable to do so. You might do better next time in perhaps asking "Why is it that you trust them more than..." instead of instantly jumping to conclusions. Quite frankly, now that's what's a tad childish.

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 09:30 AM

Nope. I'm not "stuck in the cold war", and neither is anyone else here. You paint with an awfully broad brush sometimes, Christie.

Communism is not gone; we have one running for President right now right here in America.

What type of Government do you suppose China has? Or Cuba? Laos? Vietnam? North Korea?

Gunny
10-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Leadership has changed? Country split up?

Seriously?

Former Soviet KGB agent as President attempting to reassert Russia globally? Seriously?

Vladamir
10-24-2015, 09:57 AM
I don't trust any of the fuckers,when I know full well money and power comes in long before any sign of what the public consider right.

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 10:02 AM
I don't trust any of the fuckers,when I know full well money and power comes in long before any sign of what the public consider right.

Being wary of politicians is wisdom in my book, but I'm not so cynical to think that every politician is corrupt. Many are, I have no doubt, but not all of them. I believe most people are inherently good, even if they are sorely misguided.

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 10:02 AM

I just stated I trust one more than the other. But very little trust is what it is. Trust, but verify. Keep your enemies close. Also depends on WHAT it is we are supposed to 'trust'. Do I trust ANY of them with our tax money and such? Of course not, they're all going to screw us no matter how you slice it. :(

Vladamir
10-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Being wary of politicians is wisdom in my book, but I'm not so cynical to think that every politician is corrupt. Many are, I have no doubt, but not all of them. I believe most people are inherently good, even if they are sorely misguided.
Take it from me,I don't trust one of the feckers and greed coupled with power is a powerful elixir.

Noir
10-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Regardless of what he called it, the meaning of what he was saying does not change.

Vladamir
10-24-2015, 10:10 AM
I just stated I trust one more than the other. But very little trust is what it is. Trust, but verify. Keep your enemies close. Also depends on WHAT it is we are supposed to 'trust'. Do I trust ANY of them with our tax money and such? Of course not, they're all going to screw us no matter how you slice it. :(
Yep,every decision they take should be questioned and questioned again for motives.

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Take it from me,I don't trust one of the feckers and greed coupled with power is a powerful elixir.

I don't doubt that even the most principled of humans entering the political arena will corrupt over time, which is why I think term limits are a great idea. The downside to term limits is that there's a serious learning curve involved in efficiently getting things done... but I think the less efficient new politician does less harm than the savvy corrupt one.

Vladamir
10-24-2015, 10:24 AM
I don't doubt that even the most principled of humans entering the political arena will corrupt over time, which is why I think term limits are a great idea. The downside to term limits is that there's a serious learning curve involved in efficiently getting things done... but I think the less efficient new politician does less harm than the savvy corrupt one.
Now there is a thing,so many people know that underneath yet when they get it pointed out with facts they become fearful that what they knew all along is actually true. Then the fireworks usually start flying.If you don't fight for change you sure won't get it.

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 11:54 AM
And which countries do you trust the UK more than? Do you trust Russia more than the UK? What about compared to the USA? And compared to Saudi Arabia? I can go on and on. And to those in which you trust the UK more than, why would you be so childish to believe that?

Now, when you're done answering that - please quote me where I stated that the reason I trust the US over Russia or the UK was solely because they're my government. Wait, we both know you will be unable to do so. You might do better next time in perhaps asking "Why is it that you trust them more than..." instead of instantly jumping to conclusions. Quite frankly, now that's what's a tad childish.
I trust Russia more than the UK on foreign policy of course!

Saudi Arabia is on the same level as the United States, and I would say the UK is mildly better (more trustful) than the US government.

So now you trust the American government more than the Russian government? Make up your mind.

Gunny
10-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Regardless of what he called it, the meaning of what he was saying does not change.

That was a Hell of a non-statement, Noir.

Gunny
10-24-2015, 12:07 PM
I trust Russia more than the UK on foreign policy of course!

Saudi Arabia is on the same level as the United States, and I would say the UK is mildly better (more trustful) than the US government.

So now you trust the American government more than the Russian government? Make up your mind.

Saudi Arabia isn't close to our level unless you think kissing tail and paying bribe money is our level. We got a bunch of idealists that don't have a clue what they're dealing with. Saudi Arabia is playing both ends against the middle and WE seem to be the middle.

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 12:10 PM
Saudi Arabia isn't close to our level unless you think kissing tail and paying bribe money is our level. We got a bunch of idealists that don't have a clue what they're dealing with. Saudi Arabia is playing both ends against the middle and WE seem to be the middle.
:lol:They are near the same level as the US government on foreign policy.

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 12:12 PM
:lol:They are near the same level as the US government on foreign policy.

Zero, if not a negative? I'd agree with that.

Russ
10-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Ahahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT02OQDaDI

Oh, c'mon. You and I both know that Jeb Bush knows all about the breakup of the Soviet Union and that he simply misspoke. I hate political attacks by 10-second sound bite.
Jeb is not my top choice, btw, but he's a smart guy and I'd be happy enough if he were the next President.

Abbey Marie
10-24-2015, 06:47 PM

We can have unlimited "terms" for the legislative aids, who can walk any newbies through the process.