PDA

View Full Version : Cats need to stay out of bathroom

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:05 AM
It's that simple, they start trouble. This isn't mine, but it might as well be. If not the paper, he's on the sink knocking shit over. If not there, the medicine cabinet door. Little pain in the ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLPmVpaMAk

Christie Brinkley
10-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Typical cats;)

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Strangely, our cat is well trained... and that's damn near impossible.

She never gets on the table or any counter, and hasn't ever assaulted the toilet paper roll. She's allowed on any living room furniture and any window sill, and is cool with that arrangement.

When a cat screws up in my house, I'll hiss loudly at it - "PSSSSSSSSSSSTTTT!" Whenever our cat hears that, she hauls ass downstairs and pouts for a day or two.

She's the first cat I've ever seen that absolutely hates being hissed at and only needs it once before following the rules.

Last summer I was taking a nap and my bedroom window was open. The cat would use that to go in and out of the house, so it was convenient for everyone concerned. I woke up from the nap to see her coming in the window.. I didn't have my glasses on, and it looked like she had a bird in her mouth. I hissed at her and she freaked out, running full speed through my room and into the family room downstairs with me in hot pursuit - I didn't want a dead bird rotting somewhere behind a sofa or something.

My son was startled to see me swearing & chasing the cat, and told me that it was just a chew toy Sharon had bought. Ooops. Now the cat won't come in the open downstairs window anymore, even if it's raining & cold outside. I hissed at her last time she used the window, and that's that! She'll sit on the deck and wait for someone to let her back in the house, even soaking wet and miserable.

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Strangely, our cat is well trained... and that's damn near impossible.

She never gets on the table or any counter

Nero is a bad boy, at least when I'm around, as I let him do whatever he pleases. :)

He'll hop on the table sometimes while we are eating. Of course he will ONLY do this on my side of the table, as he knows the woman will be angry. But he'll go over to the salt shaker and hunch down real, real low, and he thinks she can't see him when he "hides" like that. And then she gets furious with me and tells me to get him off the table. I am too busy laughing most of the time. And to REALLY piss her off, sometimes I'll even give him a little bite of whatever I'm eating. "Now he's always going to come back, what the hell is wrong with you?" is about what I usually hear.

Fun times!! :beer:

Gunny
10-24-2015, 09:35 AM
It's that simple, they start trouble. This isn't mine, but it might as well be. If not the paper, he's on the sink knocking shit over. If not there, the medicine cabinet door. Little pain in the ass.

I wish they'd just learn how to use that damned toilet. Me n that scoop are NOT friends.

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I wish they'd just learn how to use that damned toilet. Me n that scoop are NOT friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbHS4YJOMc

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Nero is a bad boy, at least when I'm around, as I let him do whatever he pleases. :)

He'll hop on the table sometimes while we are eating. Of course he will ONLY do this on my side of the table, as he knows the woman will be angry. But he'll go over to the salt shaker and hunch down real, real low, and he thinks she can't see him when he "hides" like that. And then she gets furious with me and tells me to get him off the table. I am too busy laughing most of the time. And to REALLY piss her off, sometimes I'll even give him a little bite of whatever I'm eating. "Now he's always going to come back, what the hell is wrong with you?" is about what I usually hear.

Fun times!! :beer:

I guess it was the way I was raised... the table is a sacred thing and for people ONLY. Hell is coming to breakfast if I catch a cat on the table or a counter!

Well... I guess I should take that back. Sometimes I'll put the Dragon on the table here in front of my laptop so he can watch videos and rock out. He really likes old school Rock n Roll, especially Elvis for some reason.

Gunny
10-24-2015, 09:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbHS4YJOMc

Yeah. I never get one of them cats. My kitten thinks nothing's right in the world until she gets half the litter on the damned floor.

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:44 AM
I guess it was the way I was raised... the table is a sacred thing and for people ONLY. Hell is coming to breakfast if I catch a cat on the table or a counter!

Well... I guess I should take that back. Sometimes I'll put the Dragon on the table here in front of my laptop so he can watch videos and rock out. He really likes old school Rock n Roll, especially Elvis for some reason.

Same here! Ask Jeff, if one of our pets went on the table growing up, he wouldn't live to see the end of our meal. And we had a VERY set time to eat, and you eat, or sit there all night until your meal was complete. It was a sacred time and place for us.

But then eventually I moved out. LOL

My wife treats it as a sacred place too, hence her getting REAL pissed at the cat when he attempts that on her side of the table, or even dares to put his paws on her leg.

But it doesn't bother me much. So I use that to my advantage. :) Besides, he's the cutest little bugger ever, it's hard to say no!! http://i.imgur.com/PCBNRfw.gif

NightTrain
10-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Yeah. I never get one of them cats. My kitten thinks nothing's right in the world until she gets half the litter on the damned floor.

We've got that same problem in the downstairs bathroom where we keep the litter box. My son told me yesterday that there's a little rubbery mat you can buy with thousands of little fingers on it to trap the litter so it doesn't get everywhere on the bathroom floor. I'm going to buy one today and try it out.

I hate stepping on litter!

Gunny
10-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Same here! Ask Jeff, if one of our pets went on the table growing up, he wouldn't live to see the end of our meal. And we had a VERY set time to eat, and you eat, or sit there all night until your meal was complete. It was a sacred time and place for us.

But then eventually I moved out. LOL

My wife treats it as a sacred place too, hence her getting REAL pissed at the cat when he attempts that on her side of the table, or even dares to put his paws on her leg.

But it doesn't bother me much. So I use that to my advantage. :) Besides, he's the cutest little bugger ever, it's hard to say no!! http://i.imgur.com/PCBNRfw.gif

You sure I'm not another one of your brothers? Cat on the table in MY house growing up usually equaled one-way backhand trip into nearest wall. :laugh:

jimnyc
10-24-2015, 09:51 AM
You sure I'm not another one of your brothers? Cat on the table in MY house growing up usually equaled one-way backhand trip into nearest wall. :laugh:

My Dad would never put up with anything like that. We were lucky enough to have a pet growing up. He's lightened up a bit now that he's older and him and his wife own a cat now. He actually loves the cat, but the little bastard still ain't going on his table!

Gunny
10-24-2015, 09:53 AM
My Dad would never put up with anything like that. We were lucky enough to have a pet growing up. He's lightened up a bit now that he's older and him and his wife own a cat now. He actually loves the cat, but the little bastard still ain't going on his table!

My dad was exactly the same.

SHould see my GF's cats. They hang from the dang ceiling fan.

Elessar
10-24-2015, 10:01 AM

The kit looks like it is having fun. Mine used to unroll the TP and scamper off with it.

Now he knocks stuff off desks and counter tops.

He's nuts...:laugh2:

PixieStix
10-26-2015, 02:03 AM

My present cats, never bother the toilet paper. But they destroy pretty much everything else. Worse than any dog I ever had.