PDA

View Full Version : Assad Will Take Part In Presidential Elections

Christie Brinkley
10-25-2015, 07:32 AM
Assad told Russian lawmakers in Damascus that he supports the idea of elections and said he would take part in them if the people wanted them. Assad also said that he is willing to discuss amendments to the constitution.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7833&stc=1

In this morning's meeting, lawmaker Alexander Yushchenko said: "Assad said that if the Syrian people consider it necessary, he would not be against taking part in presidential elections."

It comes as ISIS has just seized a road which is a vital supply line to government forces battling in the key city of Aleppo with the help of the Russian air force which has carried out airstrikes on the terrorists for almost a month now.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7834&stc=1

Assad said
"Eliminating the terrorist organisations will lead to the political solution that we strive for in Syria and Russia."

Read More (http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/614461/Assad-WILL-take-part-elections-Russian-intervention-ISIS-win-key-Syrian-supply-route)

Gunny
10-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Politics aside, ISIS is NOT going to be defeated until someone puts some boots on the ground.

The ME armies are incompetent and it's because of US. We've created a military nanny region by always doing all their fighting. And British hands are as dirty as American ones. The point is, the left wants to point fingers and lay blame what we need is a plan with a solution.

All these airstrikes have probably killed less people and done less damage than the number of people freed in that raid that killed MSgt Wheeler.

Christie Brinkley
10-25-2015, 07:55 AM
Politics aside, ISIS is NOT going to be defeated until someone puts some boots on the ground.

The ME armies are incompetent and it's because of US. We've created a military nanny region by always doing all their fighting. And British hands are as dirty as American ones. The point is, the left wants to point fingers and lay blame what we need is a plan with a solution.

All these airstrikes have probably killed less people and done less damage than the number of people freed in that raid that killed MSgt Wheeler.
SAA+Iranian troops+Hezbollah are filling the boots on the ground bit. The anti tank weapons supplied by the US and Saudi Arabia are a real challenge to pro government forces.

Gunny
10-25-2015, 07:59 AM
SAA+Iranian troops+Hezbollah are filling the boots on the ground bit. The anti tank weapons supplied by the US and Saudi Arabia are a real challenge to pro government forces.

Let me finish taking care of the cats n dogs and we can have this discussion. :laugh:

Christie Brinkley
10-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Let me finish taking care of the cats n dogs and we can have this discussion. :laugh:
Cats and dogs:confused::confused:

Gunny
10-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Cats and dogs:confused::confused:

My GF thinks we run the homeless shelter for cats n dogs. And typical crap ... they get brought home ... I get to take care of them. :laugh: My mother used to do that crap to me too. But they have to be fed, let out, litter boxes cleaned .... that kind of fun stuff. It's 7AM here.

Gunny
10-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Two current threads on the same topic. Let's try to stick it to one. In military terminology. the Middle East is FUBAR. And it's because of politics, power and money. My military mind doesn't think in those terms. Obama and his declaration of "the war is over". WE destabilized the region. In MY world when you make a mess, you clean it up. But Obama is typical of the left in this country. He refuses to accept responsibility for our actions. I don't care who started the dang war -- which is being used as more leftwing smoke and mirrors all of a sudden - you solve the problem.

We're allies with Saudi Arabia where both al Qaeda and ISIS originated -- both are Sunni. We're enemies with Iran until Obama caved in and kissed their butts. We're essentially fighting our own allies. AQ and ISIS aren't funding themselves.

We need to either go in there and kick their butts or leave. It's a clusterf*ck. It is so because of politicians, not the military. ISIS wouldn't exist if not for politics and stupid religious ideology. Obama has screwed this up from the day he took office.

Christie Brinkley
10-25-2015, 08:32 AM
Two current threads on the same topic. Let's try to stick it to one. In military terminology. the Middle East is FUBAR. And it's because of politics, power and money. My military mind doesn't think in those terms. Obama and his declaration of "the war is over". WE destabilized the region. In MY world when you make a mess, you clean it up. But Obama is typical of the left in this country. He refuses to accept responsibility for our actions. I don't care who started the dang war -- which is being used as more leftwing smoke and mirrors all of a sudden - you solve the problem.

We're allies with Saudi Arabia where both al Qaeda and ISIS originated -- both are Sunni. We're enemies with Iran until Obama caved in and kissed their butts. We're essentially fighting our own allies. AQ and ISIS aren't funding themselves.

We need to either go in there and kick their butts or leave. It's a clusterf*ck. It is so because of politicians, not the military. ISIS wouldn't exist if not for politics and stupid religious ideology. Obama has screwed this up from the day he took office.
ISIS will be destroyed after it has completed what it was created for, that looks unlikely now with Russian support.

Gunny
10-25-2015, 08:49 AM
ISIS will be destroyed after it has completed what it was created for, that looks unlikely now with Russian support.

I disagree. Has Hamas or Hezbollah been destroyed? Hamas has control of the Palestinian government and until recent events, Hezbollah headquartered itself in Damascus. The latter seems to have "disappeared" in all the fuss.

These people are no different than race-baiters in the US. They make a living off of hate. They'd have to get jobs otherwise. But, as usual, we have let it go too far. There are generations of Israel/west haters. You're not going to explain that out of them anymore than you can explain democracy to them. We --meaning us, you, Russia -- have involved ourselves in religious rift between the Sunni and Shia. And they DON'T believe in the separation of church and state.

Wasn't too long ago, neither did YOU. Wasn't it Henry VIII that broke from the Catholic church and created the Anglican church because the Pope wouldn't approve of a divorce?

Big picture-wise, Islamic invasion has been an issue since the 7th century. We evolved, they have not. But our our evolution has made US weak.

Christie Brinkley
10-25-2015, 08:57 AM
I agree

Islamic invasion has been an issue since the 7th century. We evolved, they have not.