PDA

View Full Version : EEOC Wins Discrimination Case For Muslim Truck Drivers Fired For Not Delivering Beer

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-25-2015, 10:07 PM
http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/10/25/eeoc-wins-discrimination-case-muslim-truck-drivers-fired-not-delivering-beer

EEOC Wins Discrimination Case For Muslim Truck Drivers Fired For Not Delivering Beer
Published October 25, 2015

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission won $240,000 in damages for two Muslim truck
drivers after it sued their former employer for religious discrimination for firing the
drivers for refusing to make beer deliveries.

Yet Christian cake shop owners can not refuse gays wedding cake sellls because of their
religious beliefs!
Easy to see which religion gets favored. Just as I pointed out here, would be the case
over 3 years ago.-Tyr

Time seems to vindicate my stand yet again.... Funny how that works, huh ??--Tyr

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?36912-I-take-my-stand-you

Perianne
10-25-2015, 10:33 PM
You are a wise man, Tyr.

LongTermGuy
10-25-2015, 11:27 PM
You are a wise man, Tyr.

Of course...You just find out?:salute:

fj1200
10-26-2015, 07:58 AM
“Moreover, they signaled to Mr. Mohamed and Mr. Bulshale that religious freedom is a right for all Americans.”

Good.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Time seems to vindicate my stand yet again.... Funny how that works, huh ??--Tyr

But you HAVE TO make a cake for gays. Anything wrong with this picture?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2015, 09:41 AM
But you HAVE TO make a cake for gays. Anything wrong with this picture?

Yes, everything......
Tis why I vowed to never stop pointing out the hypocrisy/cowardice of the leftists, dems, muslim appeasers.
Such cowards are destroying this nation.
If push ever comes to shove--those bastards are gonna regret ever getting me to start shoving back.
Thats a solid gold promise amigo..-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Good.
Theirs is a cult/militant movement not a religion dummy.
Are you truly this damn stupid about Islam and its history?? -Tyr

Gunny
10-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Yes, everything......
Tis why I vowed to never stop pointing out the hypocrisy/cowardice of the leftists, dems, muslim appeasers.
Such cowards are destroying this nation.
If push ever comes to shove--those bastards are gonna regret ever getting me to start shoving back.
Thats a solid gold promise amigo..-Tyr

They're going to regret ANY of us rednecks shoving back. Even if our government can't learn from history, perhaps these appeasers should. Rednecks, not George Washington won the American Revolution. And it was won in the South, not the Battler of Yorktown or Valley Forge. The French bailed out Washington at Yorktown. Vally Forge I'll leave alone. Brilliant tactical maneuver. Bet your ass George wasn't standing up in front of that boat as the portrait depicts.:laugh:

Francis Marion and a bunch of Southern rednecks kicked Tarelton's ass all the way out of the country. Should have hanged him for his butchery.

All these lefties think they got it going on. If the Sh*t hits the fan, they'll be clamouring around US.

fj1200
10-26-2015, 12:20 PM
damn stupid

That had nothing to do with the case; Congratulations on another brainless rant. Religious freedom should be for all and not just those that you like.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 12:23 PM
That had nothing to do with the case; Congratulations on another brainless rant. Religious freedom should be for all and not just those that you like.

Kind of works both ways, don't it? At least in writing.

fj1200
10-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Kind of works both ways, don't it? At least in writing.

Not sure I catch your drift. It should work both ways for religious freedom.

Perianne
10-26-2015, 12:32 PM

I agree. Except for Muslim goat fornicators.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Not sure I catch your drift. It should work both ways for religious freedom.

Defending Islam and NOT defending Christianity.

fj1200
10-26-2015, 01:29 PM
I agree. Except for Muslim goat fornicators.

I don't research people's behavior with goats; you have that advantage on me.

Defending Islam and NOT defending Christianity.

This particular case happened to be about religious freedom, via reasonable accommodation, for two Muslim men though.

CSM
10-26-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't research people's behavior with goats; you have that advantage on me.

This particular case happened to be about religious freedom, via reasonable accommodation, for two Muslim men though.

What seems contradictory to me is that some are all for defending the religious freedom of (in this case, two Muslim men) some, while denying religious freedom to others (bakers of wedding cakes). Either there is religious freedom in this country or there is not.

fj1200
10-26-2015, 01:38 PM
What seems contradictory to me is that some are all for defending the religious freedom of (in this case, two Muslim men) some, while denying religious freedom to others (bakers of wedding cakes). Either there is religious freedom in this country or there is not.

I completely agree; This will have to be tested all the way up to SCOTUS. This particular case will not be appealed it appears as the trucking company is in bankruptcy; it's likely the two men will not collect. The company admitted liability anyway and were really only challenging the punitive portion of the damages. The wedding cake people in Oregon are appealing IIRC as the judgement against them was only a magistrate judge.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 02:13 PM
I completely agree; This will have to be tested all the way up to SCOTUS. This particular case will not be appealed it appears as the trucking company is in bankruptcy; it's likely the two men will not collect. The company admitted liability anyway and were really only challenging the punitive portion of the damages. The wedding cake people in Oregon are appealing IIRC as the judgement against them was only a magistrate judge.

Probably will but shouldn't be. Freedom of choice and freedom of religion mean just that. The left likes to read between the lines of everything in the Constitution and their judges legislating from the bench make decisions based on things that don't exist.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2015, 06:17 PM
They're going to regret ANY of us rednecks shoving back. Even if our government can't learn from history, perhaps these appeasers should. Rednecks, not George Washington won the American Revolution. And it was won in the South, not the Battler of Yorktown or Valley Forge. The French bailed out Washington at Yorktown. Vally Forge I'll leave alone. Brilliant tactical maneuver. Bet your ass George wasn't standing up in front of that boat as the portrait depicts.:laugh:

Francis Marion and a bunch of Southern rednecks kicked Tarelton's ass all the way out of the country. Should have hanged him for his butchery.

All these lefties think they got it going on. If the Sh*t hits the fan, they'll be clamouring around US.

Tough luck if they try to clamor around me while bullets are flying because I am just as likely to send some hot lead their damn way since the ignorant,cowardly and evil bastards put us in that predicament in the first place.
Not joking--that would damn sure be on my mind if I knew their names/politics.

^^^ They do not teach that in schools anymore--have to go find 50's and pre 50's history books to gather such knowledge these days!!! .--Tyr

fj1200
10-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Probably will but shouldn't be.

Give it time. The appeals will happen.

Gunny
10-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Tough luck if they try to clamor around me while bullets are flying because I am just as likely to send some hot lead their damn way since the ignorant,cowardly and evil bastards put us in that predicament in the first place.
Not joking--that would damn sure be on my mind if I knew their names/politics.

^^^ They do not teach that in schools anymore--have to go find 50's and pre 50's history books to gather such knowledge these days!!! .--Tyr

I think back in the day what you are calling a "lefty" was called a Tory. Government kiss asses. How'd that Revolutionary War work for THEM? And while Yankees claim to have "won the war", I haven't noticed any of us rednecks from then until now with any broken spirits.

Gunny
10-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Give it time. The appeals will happen.

But isn't that how it always works? Time and money. Most people can't afford to last and get screwed. You have the right be free so long as you can afford it. Clinton's crap is a perfect example. She clearly has violated the law and SHE isn't in jail.

The damage is done. The cake people will be out of business for some BS government fine, and Mr I Object doesn't have to haul beer. THAT is equality?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 12:09 PM
I think back in the day what you are calling a "lefty" was called a Tory. Government kiss asses. How'd that Revolutionary War work for THEM? And while Yankees claim to have "won the war", I haven't noticed any of us rednecks from then until now with any broken spirits.

Southern rednecks love - guns, beer, cars, women , hunting, fishing , racing , football, baseball, boxing, shooting(pool, guns and bows) --did I mention-BEER!!!!
NOT LISTED IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE, BUT WITH ME NOTHING BEATS-- beautiful WIMMIN
OK, WIFE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE THIS POST= DOGHOUSE FER SURE..:laugh:---TYR

Gunny
10-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Southern rednecks love - guns, beer, cars, women , hunting, fishing , racing , football, baseball, boxing, shooting(pool, guns and bows) --did I mention-BEER!!!!
NOT LISTED IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE, BUT WITH ME NOTHING BEATS-- beautiful WIMMIN
OK, WIFE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE THIS POST= DOGHOUSE FER SURE..:laugh:---TYR

You forgot High School football and NASCAR. :slap:

Gunny
10-27-2015, 12:21 PM
And I know you said "football" but I'm from Texas. Small town Texas you BEST be at your High school team's game. Otherwise, you're an unwashed, unrepentant heathen commie. Probably be kicked out of the curch for being up to no good and Ol' Deputy Barn's gonna keep an eye on you. :laugh:

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 12:24 PM
If me, they simply never got the job to begin with, and I never of course tell them why they didn't get the job. No law against choosing one over another, nor do I need a reason. :)

fj1200
10-27-2015, 12:51 PM
But isn't that how it always works? Time and money. Most people can't afford to last and get screwed. You have the right be free so long as you can afford it. Clinton's crap is a perfect example. She clearly has violated the law and SHE isn't in jail.

The damage is done. The cake people will be out of business for some BS government fine, and Mr I Object doesn't have to haul beer. THAT is equality?

I'm sure people and foundations will be lining up to fund this appeal. My guess is that the fine would be stayed while the appeal process goes forward.

If me, they simply never got the job to begin with, and I never of course tell them why they didn't get the job. No law against choosing one over another, nor do I need a reason. :)

Good question, how did they get the job if it involved hauling beer in the first place? :dunno: In one link I read it said the company would have been fine if they hadn't started moving loads around for various reasons for others, that they did so proved that they could have made reasonable accommodation.

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Good question, how did they get the job if it involved hauling beer in the first place? :dunno: In one link I read it said the company would have been fine if they hadn't started moving loads around for various reasons for others, that they did so proved that they could have made reasonable accommodation.

Hell with that, they have a business to do, they shouldn't have to add in another level of work where they now have to sort out jobs to make sure some muslim doesn't have beer in his truck? EFF that. EXACTLY why I never would hire one to begin with, as it would likely be seen as reasonable by those in charge.

Any name like Hakasanni, Bin yakki Yash or any other weird name? No call back for you! Wear weird clothing hiding yourself? Good luck elsewhere, because you ain't working here! But some of them will hide their real names, or dress differently to get a job there, and then sue when they don't get things their way. Me? I would give them their accommodation and then work them until their fingers bleed and they quit.

Gunny
10-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Hell with that, they have a business to do, they shouldn't have to add in another level of work where they now have to sort out jobs to make sure some muslim doesn't have beer in his truck? EFF that. EXACTLY why I never would hire one to begin with, as it would likely be seen as reasonable by those in charge.

Any name like Hakasanni, Bin yakki Yash or any other weird name? No call back for you! Wear weird clothing hiding yourself? Good luck elsewhere, because you ain't working here! But some of them will hide their real names, or dress differently to get a job there, and then sue when they don't get things their way. Me? I would give them their accommodation and then work them until their fingers bleed and they quit.

Should try the military where they have racial quotas. The government uses the military as its experimental hunting ground. Look what we got now? Gays. Just what we need. People no one trusts in the field.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 06:15 PM
You forgot High School football and NASCAR. :slap:

Look again...and drink another cup of coffee. :beer:
You know no true Southern man gonna forget those two... :salute: --Tyr

Southern rednecks love - guns, beer, cars, women , hunting, fishing , *racing* , *football*, baseball, boxing, shooting(pool, guns and bows) --did I mention-BEER!!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 06:22 PM
And I know you said "football" but I'm from Texas. Small town Texas you BEST be at your High school team's game. Otherwise, you're an unwashed, unrepentant heathen commie. Probably be kicked out of the curch for being up to no good and Ol' Deputy Barn's gonna keep an eye on you. :laugh:

Being Southern my saying football, means the whole ball of wax my friend.
We rednecks ain't big on specific details!
*football* goes from little kids in yards playing all the way up to the holy grail, NFL.:beer:
However, you are right, after age 17 , I did have the local cops keeping an eye on me since I managed to be in so many bar and street fights. :laugh:
Ain't and never wuz any crawfish in me.. :salute: -Tyr

Russ
10-27-2015, 09:11 PM

I would actually take that one step further, CSM. I actually think that in all fairness the Christian bakers should be allowed to refuse to make wedding cakes that are clearly for gay weddings, AND the beer-delivering company should be allowed to get rid of Muslim employees (or any employees) that refuse to deliver beer.

The reasoning is that the gay-cake customers are not being denied service based on their "lifestyle", they are being denied service based on the product they want to buy. They want to buy a gay themed cake, and the baker doesn't want to be in the business of making gay themed cakes. Another important point is that there is no shortage of bakers that would be glad to make gay themed cakes, so the gay couples that have sued bakers have not been wronged. They just want to a free million dollars, and are all to glad too get it by victimizing a small Christian business.

The Muslims driving the truck are not losing their employment because they are Muslim. They are losing their employment because they refuse to do some of the tasks that the company needs their drivers to do. Our economy is not some social experiment - companies need to make $$$ or else they go out of business, as so many companies during the Obama administration have found out. Lefties should keep in mind that when a company goes out of business, ALL its employees lose their jobs.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 10:53 PM

Always , you agree --with others that are taking essentially the same stand as I do.
YET WITH ME YOU BLATHER SOME INANE BULLSHAT AND ATTEMPT TO PROVE ME IN ERROR OR CRY ABOUT MY INSANITY.
Do you even know how hypocritical, juvenile and stupid that makes you look??
I suspect not, since an ego as large as yours surely is covers your eyes in abject blackness.
Do try to get over my being superior to you in so many ways..... :laugh: -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 10:54 PM
I would actually take that one step further, CSM. I actually think that in all fairness the Christian bakers should be allowed to refuse to make wedding cakes that are clearly for gay weddings, AND the beer-delivering company should be allowed to get rid of Muslim employees (or any employees) that refuse to deliver beer.

The reasoning is that the gay-cake customers are not being denied service based on their "lifestyle", they are being denied service based on the product they want to buy. They want to buy a gay themed cake, and the baker doesn't want to be in the business of making gay themed cakes. Another important point is that there is no shortage of bakers that would be glad to make gay themed cakes, so the gay couples that have sued bakers have not been wronged. They just want to a free million dollars, and are all to glad to get it by victimizing a small Christian business.

The Muslims driving the truck are not losing their employment because they are Muslim. They are losing their employment because they refuse to do some of the tasks that the company needs their drivers to do. Our economy is not some social experiment - companies need to make $$$ or else they go out of business, as so many companies during the Obama administration have found out. Lefties should keep in mind that when a company goes out of business, ALL its employees lose their jobs.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Russ again.-Tyr

Gunny
10-28-2015, 06:23 AM
Being Southern my saying football, means the whole ball of wax my friend.
We rednecks ain't big on specific details!
*football* goes from little kids in yards playing all the way up to the holy grail, NFL.:beer:
However, you are right, after age 17 , I did have the local cops keeping an eye on me since I managed to be in so many bar and street fights. :laugh:
Ain't and never wuz any crawfish in me.. :salute: -Tyr

Being Southern and Texas high school football AIN'T the same thing. You can get excommunicated from the town for a couple of things. One's not showing up for services on Sunday. The other's not showing up for high school football. I don't even know if it can be explained.

I'd say a lot has to do with it's probably the most excitement they get in small towns and there are a LOT of small towns in Texas. When you'll bus across a 900 mile wide state from Nowhereville to Nowhereville II to play high school football AND have all the parents and fans drive too, you're SERIOUS.:laugh: I never got it, but I'm from San Antonio and grew up all over the world basically so hometown school loyalty isn't exactly my bag.

It's like a second religion though.

sundaydriver
10-28-2015, 06:40 AM
If I accept any job and what is required of me is legal, provided with a safe work conditions within to work, and not subject to actual discrimination willfully, I should do the job or find another. And this applies to any and all religions.

Locally there was an employee of a power company that recently that put in for a higher wage job as a lineman. He was made aware of the terms of the position and accepted happily. Within 2 month the employee asked to not work the Sunday's that his new job required because of his need to attend church on Sunday's and wanted to keep the high paying job and have special accommodation of his work hours. The company denied his request due to knowing the work schedule before accepting the job. A decimation suit was filed and rejected for the obvious reasons as should have been.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 06:55 AM
If I accept any job and what is required of me is legal, provided with a safe work conditions within to work, and not subject to actual discrimination willfully, I should do the job or find another. And this applies to any and all religions.

Locally there was an employee of a power company that recently that put in for a higher wage job as a lineman. He was made aware of the terms of the position and accepted happily. Within 2 month the employee asked to not work the Sunday's that his new job required because of his need to attend church on Sunday's and wanted to keep the high paying job and have special accommodation of his work hours. The company denied his request due to knowing the work schedule before accepting the job. A decimation suit was filed and rejected for the obvious reasons as should have been.

Screw THAT noise. You best be paying $50 an hour to get ME to work line. A job where your first mistake is your last? I wasn't in EOD (Explosive Ordnance Division) in the Marines either and they had awesome reenlistment bonuses. And ALL were missing fingers.

Want me on a line after you ragged me 16 hours a day for weeks? Think not.

fj1200
10-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Always , you agree --with others that are taking essentially the same stand as I do.

I agree with those who can make intelligent points. That doesn't include you generally.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 07:52 AM
I agree with those who can make intelligent points. That doesn't include you generally.

The hypocricy of the argument is obvious. Just as obvious as the hypocrites that make it. Don't be a Christian male cake baker, be a Muslim truck driver. What does that say about US as a society?

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:33 AM
The hypocricy of the argument is obvious. Just as obvious as the hypocrites that make it. Don't be a Christian male cake baker, be a Muslim truck driver. What does that say about US as a society?

I'm not disagreeing but one is Federal employment law and the other is state NDA laws. There is a conflict and it will get resolved eventually IMO.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:34 AM
Way I see it ... I got tiger-stripe cammie trou's, matching bandana I wear when working out, Don Henley sunglasses, an OD green 13th MEU tee, and 8" Redwing boots. I can get a Sykes-Fairbairne in the boot, a Buck behind my back, and a Spyderco clipped to my pocket.

I'm, gonna go put in an application to be a Muslim truck driver. And I'll even bring a cake.:laugh:

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:36 AM
I'm not disagreeing but one is Federal employment law and the other is state NDA laws. There is a conflict and it will get resolved eventually IMO.

That "eventually" costs a lot of money. Now if it was Billary ....

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Way I see it ... I got tiger-stripe cammie trou's, matching bandana I wear when working out, Don Henley sunglasses, an OD green 13th MEU tee, and 8" Redwing boots. I can get a Sykes-Fairbairne in the boot, a Buck behind my back, and a Spyderco clipped to my pocket.

I'm, gonna go put in an application to be a Muslim truck driver. And I'll even bring a cake.:laugh:

You sound like you'd look like all of the Village People rolled into one... which would raise some other questions. :eek:

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:39 AM
That "eventually" costs a lot of money. Now if it was Billary ....

I'm sure those appealing will not have a lack of funding.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:44 AM
You sound like you'd look like all of the Village People rolled into one... which would raise some other questions. :eek:

Little war paint and you'd never see nor hear me coming. ;)

And if I could remember all the names, I'd have a serious list to refute your last. Remember, I was a teenager in the 70s.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:47 AM
I'm sure those appealing will not have a lack of funding.

We'll see. The backwards assed way things have been going in this country lately, I'm not betting on it. BUT the government DOES bet. They bet you won't stay the course and/or can't afford to fight their stall tactics. That's called using your own tax dollars against you. "Eventually" means he'll be out of business before any settlement is reached.

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Little war paint and you'd never see nor hear me coming. ;)

And if I could remember all the names, I'd have a serious list to refute your last. Remember, I was a teenager in the 70s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KaWSOlASWc

:420:

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:49 AM
We'll see. The backwards assed way things have been going in this country lately, I'm not betting on it. BUT the government DOES bet. They bet you won't stay the course and/or can't afford to fight their stall tactics. That's called using your own tax dollars against you. "Eventually" means he'll be out of business before any settlement is reached.

There's no settling the baker issue, it'll get there with money left over. The trucking company is already in bankruptcy.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:56 AM
There's no settling the baker issue, it'll get there with money left over. The trucking company is already in bankruptcy.

I'd buy a cake from the guy 3 times a week if I lived anywhere near him and I don't even eat cake. But I got some girls that love that crap. :)

indago
10-28-2015, 09:16 AM
I agree with those who can make intelligent points.

No you don't!

indago
10-28-2015, 09:23 AM

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/party/party-blower-smiley-emoticon.gif

Gunny
10-28-2015, 09:33 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/party/party-blower-smiley-emoticon.gif

Go back to your whinefest thread, pussy boy. I love little pussy boys like you. Probably some fat, pasty white sloppy fuck sitting in mommy's basement that can't do shit in the real world. Hell, all you do HERE is whine. Hate to meet your pear shaped fat ass in real life. Probably feel so sorry for you I'd have to walk away before I laughed in your useless face at you pointless presence on Earth wasting the rest of us's oxygen.

Or twist your head once and put an end to OUR misery.

indago
10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
I love little pussy boys like you.

http://i61.tinypic.com/291jdwg.jpg

Gunny
10-28-2015, 10:06 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/291jdwg.jpg

I'd like to think you were important -- kinda like a joke -- but the GF's goldfish died. She's about to have a stroke. You and your cut n paste blah ain't rating real high right now.

indago
10-28-2015, 11:01 AM
I'd like to think you were important -- kinda like a joke -- but the GF's goldfish died. She's about to have a stroke. You and your cut n paste blah ain't rating real high right now.

Tell your GF that she has my sincerest condolences...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
I agree with those who can make intelligent points.

No you don't!

Correct!! He doesn't because its his method/goal to hide under a disguise while seeding in as much liberalism as he can here. Besides, any SOB THAT IN ANYWAY SUPPORTS AND TRIES TO DEFEND THE MUSLIM, MURDERING CULTISTS IS BY FAITH, DEFINITION, REALITY AND TRUTH A DAMN CERTIFIED LIAR.
He so qualifies despite his CONSTANT attempts at giving himself cover IMHO.-TYR

Gunny
10-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Correct!! He doesn't because its his method/goal to hide under a disguise while seeding in as much liberalism as he can here. Besides, any SOB THAT IN ANYWAY SUPPORTS AND TRIES TO DEFEND THE MUSLIM, MURDERING CULTISTS IS BY FAITH, DEFINITION, REALITY AND TRUTH A DAMN CERTIFIED LIAR.

Hell, I think we should be muslim truck drivers. Look at all the bennies we'd get. Not the same as being a Christian cake maker. We can deliver when and where we want and some dumbass lefteingnut will give us money if it's against out religion.

fj1200
10-29-2015, 10:42 AM
:blah:

Do you have an argument to make or are you just going to whine about your imagination like your pal? Maybe if you could make rational arguments you wouldn't have to whine about me so much.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-29-2015, 11:13 PM
Do you have an argument to make or are you just going to whine about your imagination like your pal? Maybe if you could make rational arguments you wouldn't have to whine about me so much.

Damn, made one as cited quote clearly shows. . Can't you read?? Thats you I am speaking about, no wonder you didnt want to quote it in your short reply attempting to belittle me as unable to make a rational argument!
While your reply and attempted chastisement clearly does not qualify as one! Now thats so rich! :laugh:-Tyr

Rat
10-30-2015, 01:38 AM
I no understand why they win money if they refuse do job. Someone please explain.

fj1200
10-30-2015, 08:17 AM
... made one...

Hardly, that was nothing more than another of your repetitive imagination-based rants.

fj1200
10-30-2015, 08:51 AM
I no understand why they win money if they refuse do job. Someone please explain.

They would do the job, they just wouldn't do what violates the tenets of their religion.

Rat
10-30-2015, 11:29 AM
They would do the job, they just wouldn't do what violates the tenets of their religion.

Isn't delivering beer part of job?

Gunny
10-30-2015, 01:34 PM

Point is, does Mr Cannon-towel head get to dictate his own job because it violates the tenets of HIS religion, and the cake shop owner cannot? The picture here is pretty clear.

WiccanLiberal
10-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Think only Muslims are getting their religious freedom defended? Think again.

On 7-17-15 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/7-15-15b.cfm) the EEOC won $22,000 for a Seventh-Day Adventist who was refused a job because his religious belief did not allow him to work on the Sabbath.

On 8-27-15 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/8-27-15a.cfm) the EEOC won a $586,860 award for an Evangelical Christian who refused to use a bio-metric time clock due to his religious beliefs.

On 8-21-15 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/8-21-15c.cfm) the EEOC sued the National Federation of the Blind for terminating a Hebrew Pentecostal employee who refused to work on the Sabbath.

On 8-20-14 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/8-20-14a.cfm) the EEOC sued for a Jehovah's Witness who was fired because his religious beliefs required him to attend church on Thursday and Sunday evenings.

On 12-23-13 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/12-23-13.cfm) the EEOC won a $40,000 settlement for a Pentecostal employee who was fired for refusing to wear pants since it was against her religious beliefs.

On 11-4-13 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/11-4-13.cfm) the EEOC won a $70,000 settlement for a Jehovah's Witness who was fired shortly after requesting a schedule change to attend an annual religious service.

On 1-23-13 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/1-23-13.cfm) the EEOC won a $25,000 settlement for a Pentecostal employee who was refused a job because her religious beliefs call for her to wear a dress instead of the pants required by the company dress code.

And as regards the comparison with the baker, " The job of the Muslim truck driver is to drive a truck. Neither operator refused to drive a truck that day. What they refused to do was transport alcohol, since doing so was against their religious beliefs. If conservatives want to compare this decision to the Colorado cake baker the apt comparison would be that the cake baker has the right to refuse to include words on a cake that are against his beliefs. The baker could also refuse to provide a cake on Sunday or use alcohol in a cake based on his religious freedom. They are free to object to the specifics of the service if it falls outside of their religious convictions. They are not allowed to discriminate against a person for who they are."

Quotes taken from this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dale-hansen/christians-still-fail-to_b_8417606.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592 which I thought expressed the distinction rather well. Although I still rather lean toward find a different baker myself.

fj1200
11-01-2015, 02:28 PM

Hence my initial post here.

Good.

fj1200
11-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Isn't delivering beer part of job?

Not exactly; Driving a truck is his job. Not delivering beer could have been reasonably accommodated apparently.

Point is, does Mr Cannon-towel head get to dictate his own job because it violates the tenets of HIS religion, and the cake shop owner cannot? The picture here is pretty clear.

Asked and answered. Now if you want to get into the differences between an employee's religious freedom vs. the public accommodation of a bakery then that would be different. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Not exactly; Driving a truck is his job. Not delivering beer could have been reasonably accommodated apparently.

Asked and answered. Now if you want to get into the differences between an employee's religious freedom vs. the public accommodation of a bakery then that would be different. :)

No it is not stupido.
Both are refused based upon faith base objections. Christian refusals are denied while stinking muslim refusals are granted and declared reasonable and correct based upon freedom of religion.
2+2=4 every freaking time. But your calculator seems to operate on leftist liberal math logic and common core stupidity.
What are you, maybe 7... 8 or ten years old. -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post

Mr Cannon-towel head get to dictate his own job because it violates the tenets of HIS religion, and the cake shop owner cannot?

fj seems to think that your example revealing 2+2 =4 is wrong.
He wants it complicated so libs/leftists/islamists can have their way--since they are all allied.
I hope I am not the only that notices this pattern with him almost every time the thing posts. -Tyr

fj1200
11-01-2015, 04:22 PM
No...

Yeah, there's a difference but it involves being able to think and not just rant. Your rage obscures rational thinking.

... wrong.

Life is complicated, you are simplistic. WL already pointed out that not only Muslims benefit from laws. BTW how many times do I need to point out that a bakery should be allowed to refuse to bake the cake? Question withdrawn, your rage obscures your ability to read.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Yeah, there's a difference but it involves being able to think and not just rant. Your rage obscures rational thinking.

Life is complicated, you are simplistic. WL already pointed out that not only Muslims benefit from laws. BTW how many times do I need to point out that a bakery should be allowed to refuse to bake the cake? Question withdrawn, your rage obscures your ability to read.

Edited quotes, changed quotes , made up quotes-is there a dirty tactic you will not used when forced to face the truth? You as far as I can see are the only member here that does that crap consistently.
Its childish and shows a complete lack of moral character, fortitude, ability to defend your views and courage.
How many times do you defend muslims/libs and dems when I point out what they truly are?
And then if another member practically says the same thing as did I you agree with that member.
Answer= countless times. Especially when its Jim or Jeff agreeing with me and saying the same thing.
You truly act like a ten year old IMHO..
SOMETHING, SOMETHING VERY VERY FAKE ABOUT YOU IMHO.-Tyr

fj1200
11-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Edited quotes, changed quotes , made up quotes- :blah:

Your rantings delusional do not deserve attentions be paid. But go ahead and make me the subject and not your inabilities. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Your rantings delusional do not deserve attentions be paid. But go ahead and make me the subject and not your inabilities. :)

MORE EDITED QUOTING , WHILE YOU THEN PRETEND THAT YOU MADE SOME POINT.......
That seems to be how you operate and its underhanded , childish and displays an inability to address anything
that forces you to do more than short , clever little quips.
Hell, I bet anytime you actually do a longer post, with some meat in it- it all came from GOOGLE.:laugh:-Tyr

fj1200
11-03-2015, 08:21 AM
MORE ...

More not addressing the topic and more living in a fantasy world to make yourself feel better about your inabilities. Anything substantive to add to the thread?

Gunny
11-03-2015, 10:09 AM

On 7-17-15 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/7-15-15b.cfm) the EEOC won $22,000 for a Seventh-Day Adventist who was refused a job because his religious belief did not allow him to work on the Sabbath.

On 8-27-15 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/8-27-15a.cfm) the EEOC won a $586,860 award for an Evangelical Christian who refused to use a bio-metric time clock due to his religious beliefs.

On 8-21-15 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/8-21-15c.cfm) the EEOC sued the National Federation of the Blind for terminating a Hebrew Pentecostal employee who refused to work on the Sabbath.

On 8-20-14 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/8-20-14a.cfm) the EEOC sued for a Jehovah's Witness who was fired because his religious beliefs required him to attend church on Thursday and Sunday evenings.

On 12-23-13 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/12-23-13.cfm) the EEOC won a $40,000 settlement for a Pentecostal employee who was fired for refusing to wear pants since it was against her religious beliefs.

On 11-4-13 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/11-4-13.cfm) the EEOC won a $70,000 settlement for a Jehovah's Witness who was fired shortly after requesting a schedule change to attend an annual religious service.

On 1-23-13 (http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/newsroom/release/1-23-13.cfm) the EEOC won a $25,000 settlement for a Pentecostal employee who was refused a job because her religious beliefs call for her to wear a dress instead of the pants required by the company dress code.

And as regards the comparison with the baker, " The job of the Muslim truck driver is to drive a truck. Neither operator refused to drive a truck that day. What they refused to do was transport alcohol, since doing so was against their religious beliefs. If conservatives want to compare this decision to the Colorado cake baker the apt comparison would be that the cake baker has the right to refuse to include words on a cake that are against his beliefs. The baker could also refuse to provide a cake on Sunday or use alcohol in a cake based on his religious freedom. They are free to object to the specifics of the service if it falls outside of their religious convictions. They are not allowed to discriminate against a person for who they are."

Quotes taken from this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dale-hansen/christians-still-fail-to_b_8417606.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592 which I thought expressed the distinction rather well. Although I still rather lean toward find a different baker myself.

I'd say the common denominator here is the EEOC. They're making a living out of suing people. And the opportunists who want to sue for anything they think they can get away with. It's all about money and politics, not religion.

I wouldn't work on Sunday after I retired from the Marines. The issue didn't get pushed, but I wouldn't have played the "I'll sue you" game. Want to know what Discrimination is like be a white, Christian male in this country. I'm just not going to lower myself to that level where I turn my religion into a political issue and try to make money from it. My beliefs aren't for sale.

fj1200
11-03-2015, 11:31 AM
I'd say the common denominator here is the EEOC. They're making a living out of suing people.

I'm pretty sure that is there sole reason for being.

Gunny
11-03-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty sure that is there sole reason for being.

Do I HAVE TO keep doing this? :laugh2: :poke:

That's like 2 in 10 days. Not that anyone's counting. :happy0203:

fj1200
11-03-2015, 12:20 PM
:eek: D****T. My whole persona, carefully crafted, over many years, out the window... :mad:

:laugh: