PDA

View Full Version : Should women be required to register for the draft at 18?

Black Diamond
10-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Y'all want equality...

Or do ya?

Gunny
10-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Y'all want equality...

Or do ya?

Interesting question. However, there's a lot more to it than your simplicity. Why do you think Barbara Boxer personally hates me? My Col was told to NEVER send me back to one of her meetings. (Had to sub for a Major who was gone). :laugh:

I don't agree with forcing people to register for the draft PERIOD. Men or women. We're not in a state of national emergency and the lazy ass government that forces you to register your children for social security has the means of finding anyone they want. Why should we, the people, have to do the work? As usual.

I DO however believe in the Swiss notion of compulsory military service. Might teach some people some manners and discipline.

Noir
10-26-2015, 10:43 AM
How about everyone is equally not forced to draft.

Abbey Marie
10-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Trying to imagine our daughter in the armed forces. Will they give her an hour and a half to get prettied up in the morning? :laugh2:

Christie Brinkley
10-26-2015, 10:44 AM
I bet someone like you would not be found dead defending your country :rolleyes:

Christie Brinkley
10-26-2015, 10:45 AM
Trying to imagine our daughter in the armed forces. Will they give her an hour and a half to get prettied up in the morning? :laugh2:
They would cry all the time and worry about breaking their nails.:laugh:

Noir
10-26-2015, 10:48 AM
I bet someone like you would not be found dead defending your country :rolleyes:

I bet someone like you would be found dead defending the interests of the political elite :rolleyes:

Christie Brinkley
10-26-2015, 10:49 AM
I bet someone like you would be found dead defending the interests of the political elite :rolleyes:
If you are not willing to defend the country you live in then get out.

Noir
10-26-2015, 10:53 AM

Defend from who?
Most of my family spent their working years in various services defending this country from terrorists, those same terrorists are now our government,
Their lives were for the use at a whim of the political elite, under the blanket of 'defend your country', such is life.

Christie Brinkley
10-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Defend from who?
Most of my family spent their working years in various services defending this country from terrorists, those same terrorists are now our government, such is life.
If you are not willing to pick up a gun and defend yourself, your family and your country then you are a coward.

I am not talking about being sent to countries overseas to fight wars for private interests I am talking about defending your country lets say from insurgents, you would still refuse?

Flowers in guns are going to get you killed in a war zone.

Noir
10-26-2015, 11:05 AM
If you are not willing to pick up a gun and defend yourself, your family and your country then you are a coward.

I am not talking about being sent to countries overseas to fight wars for private interests I am talking about defending your country lets say from insurgents, you would still refuse?

My family were not sent to foreign countries, they risked their lives to 'defend us' from domestic terrorists, until it suited the political interests to put these terrorists into government instead.

Yesterday: A terrorist, the threat to your national security who you must risk your life to defend your country from.
Today: The co-leader of your country, who you must risk your life to defend.

In any case, i think that's this thread derailed enough, happy to continue in another thread if you wish.

Christie Brinkley
10-26-2015, 11:07 AM
My family were not sent to foreign countries, they risked their lives to 'defend us' from domestic terrorists, until it suited the political interests to put these terrorists into government instead.

Yesterday: A terrorist, the threat to your national security who you must risk your life to defend your country from.

In any case, i think that's this thread derailed enough, happy to continue in another thread if you wish.
Still you did not answer the question- Are you willing to defend yourself in your own country from an insurgency?

So your family are part of the intelligence agency? Hardly risking your life.

Perianne
10-26-2015, 11:11 AM
Y'all want equality...

Or do ya?

No, I don't think it is for women.

And when I was married my husband was the head of the household. We did as he said. Except for my rules of no farts and no profanity.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 11:21 AM

Uh no? You mean when she crawls out of her sleeping bag and gets out of the tent at zero dark thirty and it's 40 degrees? By all means ...:laugh:

Gunny
10-26-2015, 11:22 AM

Figured THAT one out, did ya'?:laugh:

Gunny
10-26-2015, 11:24 AM

No, I'd be found dead making sure my Marines got home. You're such a dumbass sometimes.

YOU would be found dead trusting some jihadist who murdered your incapable ass.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 11:25 AM

Sorry, got to spread the rep around again. However ...

Damned straight.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 11:27 AM

Good thing he wasn't a Spitfire or Hurricane pilot in the Battle of Britain, huh?

Gunny
10-26-2015, 11:28 AM

YOU need some help.

Perianne
10-26-2015, 11:31 AM

Sorry, got to spread the rep around again. However ...

Damned straight.

It's not that I am unwilling to fight. I just don't think women can fight men. Another woman, yeah, but not a man.

When I was 18 my weight was about 90 pounds. Would they send someone that small into battle?

Regardless, even in the Bible times, women did not go into battle. I wish men did not have to.

Gunny
10-26-2015, 12:04 PM
It's not that I am unwilling to fight. I just don't think women can fight men. Another woman, yeah, but not a man.

When I was 18 my weight was about 90 pounds. Would they send someone that small into battle?

Regardless, even in the Bible times, women did not go into battle. I wish men did not have to.

Damn. You're a squirt. :laugh:

My ex was 5'2", 115 pounds and is a retired Marine Staff Sergeant. My daughter is 5'2" and medically retired from the Army.

The last people that want to go into combat are the people that have to. Doesn't mean we won't ... just that WE are the ones that do the fighting.

Perianne
10-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Damn. You're a squirt. :laugh:

My ex was 5'2", 115 pounds and is a retired Marine Staff Sergeant. My daughter is 5'2" and medically retired from the Army.

The last people that want to go into combat are the people that have to. Doesn't mean we won't ... just that WE are the ones that do the fighting.

As I have gotten older I have put on weight and muscle from nursing. I am now 115 pounds at 5'0". And curvy. :)

Gunny
10-26-2015, 01:02 PM
As I have gotten older I have put on weight and muscle from nursing. I am now 115 pounds at 5'0". And curvy. :)

Heavyweight, huh? :laugh:

I can curl that much weight with one hand. :laugh:

Elessar
10-26-2015, 02:54 PM
No, I'd be found dead making sure my Marines got home. You're such a dumbass sometimes.

YOU would be found dead trusting some jihadist who murdered your incapable ass.

I was always worried about getting our boat crews and air crews back, as well as
other agencies that responded. You can replace equipment and gear. Qualified
people are much harder to replace.

This one, Noir, has no real world experience.

Sounds like a coddled, spoiled brat.

Perianne
10-26-2015, 03:29 PM
I was always worried about getting our boat crews and air crews back, as well as
other agencies that responded. You can replace equipment and gear. Qualified
people are much harder to replace.

This one, Noir, has no real world experience.

Sounds like a coddled, spoiled brat.

He think he hasn't come out of the closet yet. I wouldn't think poorly of him. I have kissed girls.

WiccanLiberal
10-26-2015, 05:11 PM
The whole issue is about service. I think registering for the draft for either is obsolete. The government has enough ways of reaching us. As for military service, I can't say I support it universally. Some people are just not suited to it, period. And that includes some men and women both. What I do think is a good idea is universal government service, either military or medical, or other. Probably a very good thing for some lower income young adults. They will develop useful skills for a resume.

Elessar
10-26-2015, 06:08 PM
The whole issue is about service. I think registering for the draft for either is obsolete. The government has enough ways of reaching us. As for military service, I can't say I support it universally. Some people are just not suited to it, period. And that includes some men and women both. What I do think is a good idea is universal government service, either military or medical, or other. Probably a very good thing for some lower income young adults. They will develop useful skills for a resume.

That is quite true...all of it. I trained recruits and officer candidates. Some were just not fit for military service, be
it physical ( swimming and personal fitness), emotional, aptitude, or ( a term I hate) attitude.

Some form of public service should be considered..about two years worth. Demonstrate your value for society in some means.
Acquire some useful skills, abandon selfishness, get out of infested environments, learn respect and dignity.

Yet Libs would balk at any such suggestion or requirement.

Perianne
10-26-2015, 06:20 PM
That is quite true...all of it. I trained recruits and officer candidates. Some were just not fit for military service, be
it physical ( swimming and personal fitness), emotional, aptitude, or ( a term I hate) attitude.

Some form of public service should be considered..about two years worth. Demonstrate your value for society in some means.
Acquire some useful skills, abandon selfishness, get out of infested environments, learn respect and dignity.

Yet Libs would balk at any such suggestion or requirement.

Not to argue with you, Elessar, but I have been a nurse for nearly 28 years. Does that demonstrate my value to society, or would I have needed to do more? I didn't become a nurse until I was nearly 30. Would you have preferred that I did service at say age 18?

DragonStryk72
10-27-2015, 03:46 AM
Y'all want equality...

Or do ya?

The draft is.outdated idiocy that produce horribly sub-par soldiers. It's a relic of a time when numbers were the big game, but warfare has changed. We've clearly been able to see the victories of smaller leaner forces over the larger battalions of yesterday.

So yeah, throw me on team "no draft" as well.

DragonStryk72
10-27-2015, 04:09 AM

Okay, I'm putting a line here: The world is not a battlefield, and HOW DARE YOU attempt to denigrate what I, and every other member of the armed forces fights FOR?! We don't want everyone to have steely-eyed resolve, or to fight and die. We want them to live, not survive, LIVE. You ever wonder why we don't talk to our wives, our girlfriends, our children about what we do? It's our burden, one we fight to keep them clear of.

I will NOT fight for my country. I never did. What I WILL fight for, what I have killed for, is the beliefs I hold dear, to protect life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Noir doesn't void that point because he doesn't believe in the draft. Noir can't possibly answer to that point, and neither can anyone else who has been pushed to that point. When I was 18, I was certain that. I would never be able to pull the trigger on another human being, and I've since learned that that was never really true. I know now what I would kill for, but Noir has never had to face that point, and the fact is, that's a fantastic thing.

The draft violates all three core tenants of our Declaration, forcing a person out of liberty, denying their pursuits, to sacrifice their lives against their will. The draft is the ultimate abandonment of the American ideal of luberty, and the fact we've done away with it is the best decision we've made.

Even my point comes back to the core beliefs, "when a long train of abuses, and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such government, and provide new guard for their future security."

THAT I will fight for, the I will die for, even if it fighting against this country. And I will fight like hell to keep my brother, my sister-in-law, my nieces, my mother, and my father as far from an understanding of war as possible. And I'll even fight to leave you as ignorant as you are now.

CSM
10-27-2015, 06:38 AM
I am probably one of the few that has served with draftees in the military. It is my experience that some of those draftees served well and some served horribly. Most did what they had to do and got out, went home and carried on with life. Some never got that opportunity. A few even decided to stay in and make a career of the military.

I am personally against a draft. Historically, a draft for the armed forces has never been levied equitably (if you have enough money or the right connections, the draft doesn't apply to you). Also, without denigrating draftees, it weakens an otherwise professional force because standards get lowered to accommodate the lowest common denominator across all soldiers and forces many individuals into a moral quagmire (fighting for a cause they just don't believe in, religious objections, etc.).

If the security of this nation becomes so compromised that it is in danger of total destruction, you won't need a draft. I could go into great detail and wax eloquent about "duty, honor, country" but the underlying truth is that (to paraphrase an old saying) "old men plan wars and send young men to die in them".

Gunny
10-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Not to argue with you, Elessar, but I have been a nurse for nearly 28 years. Does that demonstrate my value to society, or would I have needed to do more? I didn't become a nurse until I was nearly 30. Would you have preferred that I did service at say age 18?

Of course it does. You won't find a vet on this board that doesn't give props where they are due; especially, to first responders. I don't like cops personally, but I DO understand their position and their job and I give them credit for it. I don't much care for nurses, as a matter of fact. Always poking and prodding and sticking needles in you. :laugh:

Gunny
10-27-2015, 07:03 AM
I am probably one of the few that has served with draftees in the military. It is my experience that some of those draftees served well and some served horribly. Most did what they had to do and got out, went home and carried on with life. Some never got that opportunity. A few even decided to stay in and make a career of the military.

I am personally against a draft. Historically, a draft for the armed forces has never been levied equitably (if you have enough money or the right connections, the draft doesn't apply to you). Also, without denigrating draftees, it weakens an otherwise professional force because standards get lowered to accommodate the lowest common denominator across all soldiers and forces many individuals into a moral quagmire (fighting for a cause they just don't believe in, religious objections, etc.).

If the security of this nation becomes so compromised that it is in danger of total destruction, you won't need a draft. I could go into great detail and wax eloquent about "duty, honor, country" but the underlying truth is that (to paraphrase an old saying) "old men plan wars and send young men to die in them".

I totally agree with it dumbing down the force. It's also why I against in general, women in combat roles. If the few can meet the standard, fine. But in general they can't. Right before I retired they just dumbed down the standard because of the women in DC that'll never have to meet them making decisions that affect the entire force.

Perianne
10-27-2015, 08:37 AM
Of course it does. You won't find a vet on this board that doesn't give props where they are due; especially, to first responders. I don't like cops personally, but I DO understand their position and their job and I give them credit for it. I don't much care for nurses, as a matter of fact. Always poking and prodding and sticking needles in you. :laugh:

Men like to poke and prod and stick stuff in us!!! lol

I made another funny joke....hahahaha!

red state
10-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Interesting question. However, there's a lot more to it than your simplicity. Why do you think Barbara Boxer personally hates me? My Col was told to NEVER send me back to one of her meetings. (Had to sub for a Major who was gone). :laugh:

I don't agree with forcing people to register for the draft PERIOD. Men or women. We're not in a state of national emergency and the lazy ass government that forces you to register your children for social security has the means of finding anyone they want. Why should we, the people, have to do the work? As usual.

I DO however believe in the Swiss notion of compulsory military service. Might teach some people some manners and discipline.
110% SPOT ON! I do not, nor have I EVER believed in the draft. The 'gov' has shown that only the poorest are drafted in most cases and Vietnam most definitely proved this because many draftees were a danger to those wanting to serve. Only in a state of emergency should the draft or eminent domain be implemented. Even WWII was not what I'd call an "emergency". As Washington said (warned): mind our own business and KICK @$$ when they come to our door. We have ALL the natural resources, oceans on both sides as a WALL and the ability to wall our N & S border if we so desired.

Gunny, as you well know, liberalism has ruined this Nation and if only we, as I believe you suggested, started re-introducing rifle classes within schools, gun competitions, gun safety and general survival/confrontational training so that our children are CORRECTLY taught how to survive, give and recieve RESPECT and actually contribute to the GREAT NATION, we'd have more of our enemies fearing us, unwilling to infiltrate us and simply leave us to our FREEDOM.

Perianne
10-27-2015, 08:41 AM
110% SPOT ON! I do not, nor have I EVER believed in the draft. The 'gov' has shown that only the poorest are drafted in most cases and Vietnam most definitely proved this because many draftees were a danger to those wanting to serve. Only in a state of emergency should the draft or eminent domain be implemented. Even WWII was not what I'd call an "emergency". As Washington said (warned): mind our own business and KICK @$$ when they come to our door. We have ALL the natural resources, oceans on both sides as a WALL and the ability to wall our N & S border if we so desired.

Gunny, as you well know, liberalism has ruined this Nation and if only we, as I believe you suggested, started re-introducing rifle classes within schools, gun competitions, gun safety and general survival/confrontational training so that our children are CORRECTLY taught how to survive, give and recieve RESPECT and actually contribute to the GREAT NATION, we'd have more of our enemies fearing us, unwilling to infiltrate us and simply leave us to our FREEDOM.

Wonderfully said, sir!

red state
10-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Wonderfully said, sir!

Thanks! the draft is and always will be a bad idea. Just look at what that monster LINCOLN did with the "draft". NUFF SAID.

Gunny
10-27-2015, 08:51 AM

These lefties couldn't save their asses if you gave them a handbook. I had my damned "you can use the hatchet" merit badge when I was 8 and been camping since I was ummm ... I don't remember. I recall once being stuck with a working party of 20 ON MY FUCKING DAY OFF and I'm the only MFer knows how to set up a GP tent. Then the little office bitches call me grandstanding. You mean because I wanted to go home and the sooner that SOB got set up the sooner I went home?

The left sits around waiting on someone else to do something for them, while simultaneously vilifying them. They couldn't hunt a rat it if it was in their damned kitchen.

red state
10-27-2015, 10:26 AM
These lefties couldn't save their asses if you gave them a handbook. I had my damned "you can use the hatchet" merit badge when I was 8 and been camping since I was ummm ... I don't remember. I recall once being stuck with a working party of 20 ON MY FUCKING DAY OFF and I'm the only MFer knows how to set up a GP tent. Then the little office bitches call me grandstanding. You mean because I wanted to go home and the sooner that SOB got set up the sooner I went home?

The left sits around waiting on someone else to do something for them, while simultaneously vilifying them. They couldn't hunt a rat it if it was in their damned kitchen.

Gunny, as worthless, cowardly and ignorant as MOST of them are.......they are STILL our largest threat (superseding, OBL, USSR, & even HItler-like leaders who are now running Iran. 9/11 & Pearl Harbor, as bad as they were/are, STILL take a back seat to the threat that my (personal) livelihood/freedom faces from the movement of the left that is sucking the life out of the Nation like a tick or flea that spreads disease. Let any of our past enemies try to dock and put boots on the ground.....we Southern Boys are ready............but slowly take our money, rights & freedoms and before long, we (the Nation's last hope) will be unable to do what we've done throughout the history of this GREAT NATION. Instead of Southerners like Sgt. York, Chris Kyle and others who make up more of our "KICK @$$" crowd, we now have generals wearing dresses and " performing on their knees".

Gunny
10-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Gunny, as worthless, cowardly and ignorant as MOST of them are.......they are STILL our largest threat (superseding, OBL, USSR, & even HItler-like leaders who are now running Iran. 9/11 & Pearl Harbor, as bad as they were/are, STILL take a back seat to the threat that my (personal) livelihood/freedom faces from the movement of the left that is sucking the life out of the Nation like a tick or flea that spreads disease. Let any of our past enemies try to dock and put boots on the ground.....we Southern Boys are ready............but slowly take our money, rights & freedoms and before long, we (the Nation's last hope) will be unable to do what we've done throughout the history of this GREAT NATION. Instead of Southerners like Sgt. York, Chris Kyle and others who make up more of our "KICK @$$" crowd, we now have generals wearing dresses and " performing on their knees".

Ain't nobody taking MY Rights. Like you said ... "Us Southern boys" . Come get some. Lee surrendered the Army of Virginia at Appomattox. I ain't surrendered shit and we ran the US Government's occupation Davis Police out of this state.

You are correct however. We're imploding. No one from without can beat us. We're being beaten from within. Soon as I figure out this bow and how to make one, they can kiss my ass. Got to figure out how to feather arrows too. :)

red state
10-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Ain't nobody taking MY Rights. Like you said ... "Us Southern boys" . Come get some. Lee surrendered the Army of Virginia at Appomattox. I ain't surrendered shit and we ran the US Government's occupation Davis Police out of this state.

You are correct however. We're imploding. No one from without can beat us. We're being beaten from within. Soon as I figure out this bow and how to make one, they can kiss my ass. Got to figure out how to feather arrows too. :)

If our leaders let us down.....as some in the War Between the States, we are pretty much "tied". Yes, we can fight to the end but that is to the END not new beginnings. WE need a Washington of GREAT character and whether we get HELLary (God forbid) or Trump (God forbid), we can only strive to SLOW down the inevitable.

As for a bow.....archery is GREAT for hunting but we'll need our GUNS when a 'last stand' is eminent. Speaking of which, if you can send me an Bodock stave (which are more common WEST of the Mississippi) or some 'horse apples' off of it, I make exceptional bows (in my humble opinion) and have plenty of wild turkey feathers and cedar shafts for arrows. Heck, if you'll PM me, I'll show tip you on how to do this easily with only a bushblade....which I also make. I'm too cheap to buy stuff and I've always enjoyed making my own stuff; even made a cross-bow once with my own trigger/saftety mechanism that was better designed than some store-bought ones I've seen.

In short, I hope it doesn't come to sicks & stones but I fear that with the re-election of a ONE-B.O., we've seen our demise. I'd like to be more optimistic but, as a REALIST, I always try to call it as I see it. We can now be called a "PAGAN nation".

DLT
10-27-2015, 11:03 AM

Please explain the difference. I'm not sure I understand ...since I thought that forcing people to register for the draft was "compulsory military service".

http://thepoliticsforums.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/dontknow.gif

Gunny
10-27-2015, 11:18 AM
If our leaders let us down.....as some in the War Between the States, we are pretty much "tied". Yes, we can fight to the end but that is to the END not new beginnings. WE need a Washington of GREAT character and whether we get HELLary (God forbid) or Trump (God forbid), we can only strive to SLOW down the inevitable.

As for a bow.....archery is GREAT for hunting but we'll need our GUNS when a 'last stand' is eminent. Speaking of which, if you can send me an Bodock stave (which are more common WEST of the Mississippi) or some 'horse apples' off of it, I make exceptional bows (in my humble opinion) and have plenty of wild turkey feathers and cedar shafts for arrows. Heck, if you'll PM me, I'll show tip you on how to do this easily with only a bushblade....which I also make. I'm too cheap to buy stuff and I've always enjoyed making my own stuff; even made a cross-bow once with my own trigger/saftety mechanism that was better designed than some store-bought ones I've seen.

In short, I hope it doesn't come to sicks & stones but I fear that with the re-election of a ONE-B.O., we've seen our demise. I'd like to be more optimistic but, as a REALIST, I always try to call it as I see it. We can now be called a "PAGAN nation".

What is "bodock" and what region does it grow in? I live in Northern NM currently. Got enough indian reservations around here to kill a clock. If I wanted a bow and arrow I could get them. I want to know how to make them. I'm a chess player and look past the "next battle". I'm hell on wheels with a sword and knives, but they aren't good for hunting. Since I don't own my own lead and sulphur mines, I'm thinking past the firearms.

What people don't look at is if "you lose EVERYTHING" can you survive? As I said somewhere, first asshole gets in my way loses his weapon and his ammo. But if I have to haul the family out and make sure they get dinner, I need to be able to hunt with something more than a k-bar strapped to the end of the stick. Works good in movies. I'm thinking not so much in real life. And there ain't no damned place to fish around here.

DLT
10-27-2015, 12:36 PM
No, I don't think it is for women.

And when I was married my husband was the head of the household. We did as he said. Except for my rules of no farts and no profanity.

Uhh.....you had males and you had a rule against farts? How, exactly, did you manage to enforce that rule? :laugh:

red state
10-27-2015, 05:10 PM
What is "bodock" and what region does it grow in? I live in Northern NM currently. Got enough indian reservations around here to kill a clock. If I wanted a bow and arrow I could get them. I want to know how to make them. I'm a chess player and look past the "next battle". I'm hell on wheels with a sword and knives, but they aren't good for hunting. Since I don't own my own lead and sulphur mines, I'm thinking past the firearms.

What people don't look at is if "you lose EVERYTHING" can you survive? As I said somewhere, first asshole gets in my way loses his weapon and his ammo. But if I have to haul the family out and make sure they get dinner, I need to be able to hunt with something more than a k-bar strapped to the end of the stick. Works good in movies. I'm thinking not so much in real life. And there ain't no damned place to fish around here.

Bodock: it is a good bow wood.....sent you a PM.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 11:58 PM

Wood, string and arrow, been killing game and men for thousands of years.
Best bow wood is Yew or Osage Orange. Has reliability, longevity/durability and speed.
Bamboo is much faster but much more fragile, maple, hickory and red elm are good.
In survival arena, making a simple bent stick and stringing it with spliced and twisted tree roots works well iffin ya been taught how to do so and know where to get the raw material..
My grandfather was Native American taught us such things but I always let my older brother make 'em cause my love was in shooting them. And shooting em better than he ever could-- which burned him up to no damn end! :laugh:
Say redstate, I was shooting my very heavy , custom made,Tom Cole bow about two weeks ago. I know with my pulling at 31 inches, anchoring old English at my earlobe , I must have been at about 85 pounds(bow rated at 76 lbs 28 inch)! Still managed to shoot a dozen arrows at that weight before it affected my shooting.
OLDER BRO COULD ONLY SHOOT IT ONE TIME. LOL
AFTER THAT, I LET HIM USE MY 65 POUNDER..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I kept calling him puny ...- ;)--TYR

red state
10-28-2015, 12:54 AM

Yeah, I have, LITERALLY 1,000's of self-loaded 30.06 rounds with military powder (when old Slick Willie and Janet tried to cut that avenue off). A bow and the knowledge to make them would indeed come in handy when supply runs short.....and they will. Still, what you have to count on is in others NOT gaining this knowledge, cuz as you said, a kabar tied to a stick does not make the best hunting tool and if EVERYone and their momma could kill game, we'd all SOON be out of game. HA!!! The bad thing is if you were good enough to hunt, grow and forage for a living.....you better damn sure be able to protect it cuz EVERY tom, dick and Sally......and their momma will be after what you've got!!!!!

If you are asking me if I could survive....the answer is YES.....that is (IF) I wanted to under extreme circumstances. If it is bad enough and for whatever reason, I've lost all of my friends, family and hope for a better tomorrow......I'd just as soon go on Home to be with them in the afterlife.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I have, LITERALLY 1,000's of self-loaded 30.06 rounds with military powder (when old Slick Willie and Janet tried to cut that avenue off). A bow and the knowledge to make them would indeed come in handy when supply runs short.....and they will. Still, what you have to count on is in others NOT gaining this knowledge, cuz as you said, a kabar tied to a stick does not make the best hunting tool and if EVERYone and their momma could kill game, we'd all SOON be out of game. HA!!! The bad thing is if you were good enough to hunt, grow and forage for a living.....you better damn sure be able to protect it cuz EVERY tom, dick and Sally......and their momma will be after what you've got!!!!!

If you are asking me if I could survive....the answer is YES.....that is (IF) I wanted to under extreme circumstances. If it is bad enough and for whatever reason, I've lost all of my friends, family and hope for a better tomorrow......I'd just as soon go on Home to be with them in the afterlife.

Not too worried about the "every Tom, Dick and Sally" part. I got THAT one down pat. I was just considering an alternative to a firearm for hunting because a firearm will let every Tom, Dick and Sally know where you are. It also conserves your ammo for when you might need it most.

Might sound a little harsh, but I actually don't hunt. I know how to track and hunt PEOPLE. Just trying to rewire the gears a bit, and simplify the weaponry. Stealth is key. Haven't seen a good silencer for a .308 YET. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Not too worried about the "every Tom, Dick and Sally" part. I got THAT one down pat. I was just considering an alternative to a firearm for hunting because a firearm will let every Tom, Dick and Sally know where you are. It also conserves your ammo for when you might need it most.

Might sound a little harsh, but I actually don't hunt. I know how to track and hunt PEOPLE. Just trying to rewire the gears a bit, and simplify the weaponry. Stealth is key. Haven't seen a good silencer for a .308 YET. :laugh:

OOh, so Legolas!

Rat
10-29-2015, 07:44 PM
There no be draft again but if there is women should no be drafted. They should only be in military voluntary.

Gunny
11-05-2015, 03:29 PM
There no be draft again but if there is women should no be drafted. They should only be in military voluntary.

If there's not going to be a draft again, then why have people register?

And you can come out of the closet, whoever the f- you are. There's not even a language translator as ignorant as you're speaking.

Jeff
11-05-2015, 03:58 PM
If there's not going to be a draft again, then why have people register?

And you can come out of the closet, whoever the f- you are. There's not even a language translator as ignorant as you're speaking.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Still trying to figure that one out HUH Gunny :laugh::laugh:

Hell I had to register back when I was 18, I have no idea why they want you to register, I figured back then the draft was on it's way back.

Black Diamond
11-05-2015, 04:02 PM

Was Churchill part of political elite?

Black Diamond
11-05-2015, 04:05 PM

We can all dream of whatever utopias we can conjure up. But war is here to stay. Question is when it comes and we run out of volunteers, should draftees be exclusively male?

Gunny
11-05-2015, 04:08 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Still trying to figure that one out HUH Gunny :laugh::laugh:

Hell I had to register back when I was 18, I have no idea why they want you to register, I figured back then the draft was on it's way back.

Someone we know using an IP mask and trying his ass off to not give himself away. Problem is, he's trying TOO hard. Obvious as Hell trying to not give himself away. Translators speak in complete sentences. Now, if you got a 2 years old backwards assed, ADD Captain Caveman translator, let me know.