PDA

View Full Version : Trump Embarrass Ford?

indago
10-26-2015, 06:18 PM
Trump has boasted that he embarrassed Ford Motor Company into bringing 2016 Ford F-650 and F-750 trucks production to Ohio from Mexico. Ford says NO!

article (http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/trumps-bogus-boast-on-ford/)

fj1200
10-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Ford Motor Co. has released a statement saying, “Ford has not spoken with Mr. Trump, nor have we made any changes to our plans. We decided to move the F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks to Ohio Assembly in 2011, long before any candidates announced their intention to run for U.S. president. We are proud that Ford has invested $10.2 billion in our U.S. plants since 2011 and hired nearly 25,000 U.S. employees. Overall, more than 80 percent of our North American investment annually is in the U.S., and 97 percent of our North American engineering is conducted in the U.S.”In other words, Trump should not get credit for any of that. The proposed Ford plants in Mexico that Trump has been talking about throughout his campaign are moving forward as planned.
We should note that this is the third (http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/trump-gets-refugee-numbers-wrong/) time (http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/trump-hears-obama-wants-to-take-guns/) this month we have fact-checked something Trump “heard.” Then, as now, Trump heard incorrectly..

hjmick
10-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Ford made the decision years ago.

Trump is an ass.

hjmick
10-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Guess I should have read fj's post...

Trump is still an ass...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Ford is in ass deep with the stinking obama government, I wouldn't believe a damn thing they say.
And I suspect that Trump just may be referencing SOMETHING FROM YEARS AGO WHEN HE MADE THAT COMMENT.
We had better hope one of the top four Republican candidates gets the crown, otherwise this nation will be a goner for sure in less than 20 years, maybe even in 15 years .

The backstory: Back in April, Ford announced a $2.5 billion plan to build a new engine plant in Chihuahua and a new transmission plant in Guanajuato, and to expand an existing diesel engine plant in Chihuahua. Ford said the investment would create 3,800 direct jobs.

From the article , so looks like Ford did lie.. -Tyr

sundaydriver
10-28-2015, 05:53 AM
Anyone with any experience in industry or business knows that decisions and plans like Ford made are not made in a 3 month time frame What is true is that in August, trucks that were "previously assembled in Mexico" started rolling off an assembly line in Avon Lake, Ohio. But the origin of that deal goes back to 2011, when Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Ford negotiated to keep the Avon Lake plant open by moving some truck-assembly operations from Mexico in exchange for a tax credit. Plants producing motors are separate from the vehicle assembly plants.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Trump has boasted that he embarrassed Ford Motor Company into bringing 2016 Ford F-650 and F-750 trucks production to Ohio from Mexico. Ford says NO!

article (http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/trumps-bogus-boast-on-ford/)

Trump is embarrassing Trump. He's an elitist capitalist and schoolyard bully. So are the Clintons they just call it something different but if you wave off the smoke and mirrors there's not much difference.

Make note: Anyone see him attack any Democrats? The GOP is divided and jacked up enough and he's the M-80 in the toilet bowl. All I've seen him do is attack Republicans and now FMC, and make empty promises with vague generalizations. He needs to stick to being a businessman and "reality" TV show host.

AND yet another self-destructive GOP debate tonight. I wonder if they're ever going to figure out that if you keep using the same old plan that doesn't work they're going to get the same results ...

fj1200
10-28-2015, 06:59 AM
From the article , so looks like Ford did lie.. -Tyr

Where?

sundaydriver
10-28-2015, 07:03 AM
Where?

You know where! :laugh:

fj1200
10-28-2015, 07:05 AM
You know where! :laugh:

Trumpys covering for Trump is not news. Or are they Trumpistas? Trumpites? I've got it; Trumpists.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 07:31 AM
Trumpys covering for Trump is not news. Or are they Trumpistas? Trumpites? I've got it; Trumpists.

I can see the appeal to Trump. He's the voice for a lot of pissed off people. That doesn't qualify him to be President. That thin skin doesn't work well with the office. Trump supporters aren't looking past his mouthing anger and attacking people in the same party he's running for to the fact there is no substance to anything he says.

Hell, I'd be so far up Hillary's butt she'd think we were married (Heaven forbid). :laugh: