PDA

View Full Version : .....1,300-pound show horse slaughtered on Florida farm

LongTermGuy
10-26-2015, 07:22 PM
`...Just days ago, the nearly 1,300-pound, powerful jumping horse with a shiny chestnut coat named Phedras de Blondel arrived at his new home in the U.S., a farm owned by a champion rider in Florida.

On Sunday morning, his owner discovered a horrific scene near his stall: the 12-year-old gelding had been slaughtered and butchered, most likely for his meat. Only his head and neck were left intact. Now, detectives are trying to find the perpetrators.`

"What they did to this horse had nothing to do with his value," Debbie Stephens, who owns the 27-acre ranch in Palmetto, said Monday. She would not disclose the price she paid for the horse, but show horses can sell for tens of thousands of dollars. "It's one of the cruelest things that could happen to any horse. This just turned my life around."

MORE... :(

http://news.yahoo.com/officials-champion-show-horse-killed-butchered-florida-153852208.html

LongTermGuy
10-26-2015, 07:25 PM
*`This story is about slime buckets stealing another man's property, then inhumanely slaughtering it......`

***** If I caught someone harming one of my animals........................................... ............

Perianne
10-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Another undesirable at work. More to come.

SassyLady
10-28-2015, 04:59 AM
This is horrible! I hope they find the butchers .... but how much punishment will they get? Not enough I'm sure.

sundaydriver
10-28-2015, 05:58 AM
Reading other articles on this I see there is a demand for horse meat in Fla. by those of Caribbean origin and the meat sells for $10-20 bucks a lb. I think that must be from the French influence who like blue meat and will eat anything, and I mean anything as long as it's covered by a white cream sauce.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Reading other articles on this I see there is a demand for horse meat in Fla. by those of Caribbean origin and the meat sells for $10-20 bucks a lb. I think that must be from the French influence who like blue meat and will eat anything, and I mean anything as long as it's covered by a white cream sauce.

You left out the obvious. Mexicans will eat anything that doesn't get out of the way quick enough.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 09:05 AM
*`This story is about slime buckets stealing another man's property, then inhumanely slaughtering it......`

***** If I caught someone harming one of my animals........................................... ............

That's the best way to handle justice in this instance, as the courts....

This is horrible! I hope they find the butchers .... but how much punishment will they get? Not enough I'm sure.

Probably not much. A violation with a hefty fine, maybe grand theft and the value of the horse. If it were me, and my horse, nothing short of revenge would work.