PDA

View Full Version : CBS/NYT Poll: Ben Carson edges out Donald Trump

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Ben Carson has surpassed Donald Trump and now narrowly leads the Republican field in the race for the nomination in the latest national CBS News/New York Times Poll.

Twenty-six percent of Republican primary voters back Carson, giving him a four-point edge over Trump (22 percent). Support for Carson has quadrupled since August.

The rest of the Republican presidential candidates lag far behind in single digits. Marco Rubio is now in third place (eight percent), followed by Jeb Bush (seven percent) and Carly Fiorina (seven percent). All other candidates are at four percent or lower.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbsnyt-poll-ben-carson-edges-out-donald-trump/

SassyLady
10-28-2015, 04:53 AM
I wonder what Trump thinks of the polls now. He has used them quite effusively to remind people that he is the front runner. Now he will probably say they are not accurate.

I want to get a copy of "Gifted Hands" which is a movie about Carson's life. I'm reading his book "We The People" which is about the Constitution.

The more I listen to him the more impressed I am. Now I can't decide who would be a good VP.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:04 AM
I wonder what Trump thinks of the polls now. He has used them quite effusively to remind people that he is the front runner. Now he will probably say they are not accurate.

I want to get a copy of "Gifted Hands" which is a movie about Carson's life. I'm reading his book "We The People" which is about the Constitution.

The more I listen to him the more impressed I am. Now I can't decide who would be a good VP.

I take polls with a grain of salt. CBS/NYT? I DO like Ben Carson though. Trump needs to quit trying to piss off someone who can stand in surgery for 15 hours. Not thinking that's a good gameplan.

revelarts
10-28-2015, 08:23 AM
I might have to actually vote R if
Carson, Paul, Fiorina, Rubio or Jindel are on the ticket

but not if
Trump, Bush, Santorum or Huckabee or Lindsey Graham are there.

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:36 AM

but not if

How about Bush/Rubio? :poke:

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:40 AM

but not if

Bush is actually the most qualified for the job. Just not the most personable. Same happened when they started this crap with Kennedy-Nixon. Kennedy was the lesser qualified candidate. Nixon was the most awkward in front of the camera.

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Bush is actually the most qualified for the job. Just not the most personable. Same happened when they started this crap with Kennedy-Nixon. Kennedy was the lesser qualified candidate. Nixon was the most awkward in front of the camera.

I think he's personable enough. But not sure if he can get over running an awful campaign thus far.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Well, it is just this poll, while Trump still leads in the overwhelming majority, and the national averages. But that's good for me, as I'll take either one!!

revelarts
10-28-2015, 08:51 AM
How about Bush/Rubio? :poke:
:puke:

fj1200
10-28-2015, 08:53 AM
:laugh:

Gunny
10-28-2015, 09:06 AM
I think he's personable enough. But not sure if he can get over running an awful campaign thus far.

I mean his personality on TV. He's boring. And when he started trying to fight back he looks like a boring awkward person trying to fight back. Trump has taken the establishment strategy out of its realm. Improvise, adapt and overcome. Trump attacks ANYONE he thinks is a threat. Just not Billary or Sanders.

But if you look at how the polls go, the people are going for the biggest attention whore. That's how we got Obama. Big mouth rock star with no substance and acts like a little bitch when he doesn't get his way. We don't need another one under a different name brand.