PDA

View Full Version : Is This An Over The Top Reaction?

Christie Brinkley
10-27-2015, 01:01 PM
The police were called when a student refused to leave the classroom after the teacher told her to, the police were called and this happened-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lebczVnFLTU

http://news.yahoo.com/c-police-officer-slams-black-student-video-sparks-005336132.html

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Absolutely, WAY over the top. If the kid was being an idiot, he could have still subdued and arrested or whatever, no need in this instance for treating the kid like a dog when she wasn't doing anything other than refusing to get up. The FBI is involved now. I'd be surprised if he had a job for much longer, or if he doesn't at least get a lengthy suspension.

Christie Brinkley
10-27-2015, 01:06 PM
A normal police officer would slowly pull her away from the desk not throw her off the chair backwards and drag her across the classroom.

Noir
10-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Its interesting that you can hear the gasps etc, everyone knows whats happening is wrong, but no one (esp the teacher!) confronts the cop there and then while he's throwing a student about.

Perianne
10-27-2015, 02:09 PM
No over reaction by the cop.

Christie Brinkley
10-27-2015, 02:14 PM
No over reaction by the cop.
So what would you think would be an over reaction? Taser in the head?

Perianne
10-27-2015, 02:18 PM
So what would you think would be an over reaction? Taser in the head?

I have little to no sympathy for students who defy authority. A taser to the head would have been an overreaction since she wasn't fighting. Or if he had kicked her hard, that would have been an overreaction.

She wouldn't walk to the door. So dragging her was acceptable.

Christie Brinkley
10-27-2015, 02:23 PM
I have little to no sympathy for students who defy authority. A taser to the head would have been an overreaction since she wasn't fighting. Or if he had kicked her hard, that would have been an overreaction.

She was a little brat but the cop needs to act professional not like a thug.

Perianne
10-27-2015, 02:25 PM

So we disagree about the cop's actions. I have found if you treat law enforcement with respect, you get respect in return.

Typical young nigress behavior and I am sick of it.

Christie Brinkley
10-27-2015, 02:27 PM
So we disagree about the cop's actions. I have found if you treat law enforcement with respect, you get respect in return.

Typical young nigress behavior and I am sick of it.
I bet your reaction to this would be different if the brat was white.

Perianne
10-27-2015, 02:32 PM

Has fj1200 gotten to you? Do you think I am racist? lol

When I see a white student act like that, I will let you know how I feel.

indago
10-27-2015, 02:33 PM

Yes, by the hair!

Christie Brinkley
10-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Has fj1200 gotten to you? Do you think I am racist? lol

When I see a white student act like that, I will let you know how I feel.
No, I am against real racism. I feel your opinion of the situation is different because the girl is black rather than white.

indago
10-27-2015, 02:38 PM
No, I am against real racism. I feel your opinion of the situation is different because the girl is black rather than white.

Is that Putin saluting the United States?

Christie Brinkley
10-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Is that Putin saluting the United States?
He is taking his sunglasses off.

Perianne
10-27-2015, 02:46 PM

I am neither for nor against racism. However, from the link, others jumped right on the fact that the police officer was white. It sounds like reverse racism to me.

Yes, you are correct in one matter. I get sooooo tired of seeing darkies disrespect authority and then there is a brouhaha when authority fights back. And 99.7% of the time it involves a negro. CB, you don't live in America and have to be around them and their insolent behavior every day. Older negroes are okay. I have no problem with them. Young nigras generally need to be slapped just for breathing. That is not racism; it is reality.

fj1200
10-27-2015, 02:57 PM
I am neither for nor against racism.

One is not for or against racism. One is or is not a racist. Your words answer the question your earlier question.

... darkies ... a negro. ...Older negroes ... Young nigras...

red state
10-27-2015, 03:06 PM
I am neither for nor against racism. However, from the link, others jumped right on the fact that the police officer was white. It sounds like reverse racism to me.

Yes, you are correct in one matter. I get sooooo tired of seeing darkies disrespect authority and then there is a brouhaha when authority fights back. And 99.7% of the time it involves a negro. CB, you don't live in America and have to be around them and their insolent behavior every day. Older negroes are okay. I have no problem with them. Young nigras generally need to be slapped just for breathing. That is not racism; it is reality.

Funny how some, who may be more racist than the ones they are accusing, seem to see or, at least, bring up racism. I truly didn't consider race until it was mentioned by someone who apparently thinks "RACE".

Now, to get BACK ON TOPIC....this did seem a bit over the top but mostly because a cop should not have been called in to begin with!!!! In my day, the teachers all knew KUNGFU and dragged your sorry, act-up @$$ out of the classroom by known KUNGFU pressure points (the ear). And that was whether you were in the chair or not.....didn't matter when it came down to the nitty-gritty. If you were rich, poor, dark beer or LITE. If you were acting up, defied authority or made an @$$ of yourself......you got treated like an @$$. I wish we could see the entire thing and get a better feel of the overall situation. Still, the cop could have been a bit more of a "CiVil Servant". I'll say this, however, I'd much rather it be the cop come for me than my mom back in the day..................my word that lil' 90-120 lbs woman could put some KUNGFU on you!!!!

Perianne
10-27-2015, 03:07 PM
One is not for or against racism. One is or is not a racist. Your words answer the question your earlier question.

Okay, since you require an answer....if it came to a vote, I would vote against racism. I believe people should be judged on their character and not their skin color. I have lived by that creed all my life. So there.

fj1200
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Okay, since you require an answer....if it came to a vote, I would vote against racism. I believe people should be judged on their character and not their skin color. I have lived by that creed all my life. So there.

Then you wouldn't constantly reference skin color. BTW, I don't require an answer; I can make an informed decision based on evidence presented.

hjmick
10-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Perianne,

Your use of words like negro, ingress and the like pretty much defines your position. Now, whether you vexed by ignorant racism or simple, uninformed prejudice, that's another question...

Sorry, just calling a spade a spade...

Now, to the topic at hand...

Here's the thing, this young lady was asked repeatedly by the teacher to put away her phone. She refused. She was then asked repeatedly to leave the classroom. She refused. The teacher then summoned an administrator, principal, vice principal, whatever. The administrator the made the same requests of the student previously made by the teacher. She refused. The SRO (School Resource Officer... Cop) was summoned. He made the same requests of the student, she refused. Trying to look cool for her classmates. She probably mouthed off to the cop...

He overreacted. He's the adult, he's a cop, he blew it.

The student, she's a little dumbass. The cop, he won't be able to get a job as a security guard at the local Kwiki Mart.

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Here's the thing, this young lady was asked repeatedly by the teacher to put away her phone. She refused. She was then asked repeatedly to leave the classroom. She refused. The teacher then summoned an administrator, principal, vice principal, whatever. The administrator the made the same requests of the student previously made by the teacher. She refused. The SRO (School Resource Officer... Cop) was summoned. He made the same requests of the student, she refused. Trying to look cool for her classmates. She probably mouthed off to the cop...

He overreacted. He's the adult, he's a cop, he blew it.

The student, she's a little dumbass. The cop, he won't be able to get a job as a security guard at the local Kwiki Mart.

I was unaware that 3 different folks from within the school had already made attempts to remove her from the classroom. This still does not allow for a PO to toss her as he did, but I would have handcuffed her to the desk and dragged her out and locked her up with her desk. While the cop used excessive force in getting her out of the class, hopefully the little punk gets expelled from that particular school, since she feels she is above the teachers, administrators and security.

Abbey Marie
10-27-2015, 04:39 PM
The officer's actions looks violent. But as usual, we only see a snippet of what happened. How long did he try other means to get her out of that desk?

I'm curious, how was he supposed to get her out of the desk? She is in a tight space, and she was refusing to move. If he leaves her there, she wins, and the class has evidence that there is no effective authority over them.

Noir
10-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Eyewitness report says she was in class, teacher went over to desk and had quiet convo with her, after which she was asked to leave, she refused, then the cop was called in, also asked her to leave, she did not say anything to provoke the cop however she did refuse to leave, at which point the cop 'took action'

The reason she was asked to leave in the first place was because she was chewing gum.

hjmick
10-27-2015, 04:56 PM
I was unaware that 3 different folks from within the school had already made attempts to remove her from the classroom. This still does not allow for a PO to toss her as he did, but I would have handcuffed her to the desk and dragged her out and locked her up with her desk. While the cop used excessive force in getting her out of the class, hopefully the little punk gets expelled from that particular school, since she feels she is above the teachers, administrators and security.

Just as a point of clarification, the cop works at the school. It's not as if someone dialed 911.

...The person who posted the Instagram video says the student was initially asked to leave the class for telling the teacher that she would not put away her phone. The poster says the teacher disciplined the student with a write-up for being disrespectful and disobedient. After being asked to leave again, and her refusing, an administrator came to remove her, she refused, and that is when the SRO was called in.

The poster of this video claims when Fields got to the classroom, he asked her to get up from her desk 4 or 5 times and again, she tells him no. After moving objects from around the student, and asking again to leave the classroom, and her refusing, that is where you see the officer getting physical.

FBI to lead investigation of violent incident at Spring Valley High School (http://www.live5news.com/story/30353999/fbi-to-lead-investigation-of-violent-incident-at-spring-valley-high-school)

As you might imagine, this is a hot topic down here...

Noir
10-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Just as a point of clarification, the cop works at the school. It's not as if someone dialed 911.

Schools have police?

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Eyewitness report says she was in class, teacher went over to desk and had quiet convo with her, after which she was asked to leave, she refused, then the cop was called in, also asked her to leave, she did not say anything to provoke the cop however she did refuse to leave, at which point the cop 'took action'

The reason she was asked to leave in the first place was because she was chewing gum.

With this story aside - they shouldn't need a reason. It's their school, abide by their rules or get out. No gum chewing in class has been around since I was a kid. If that's what the teachers rules are, either spit it out or get out. Kids don't get to pick and choose which rules they will listen to. And then when it gets to the point of "get out", you get out. You don't get to have a sit in and appeal the decision.

hjmick
10-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Schools have police?

A good number of them, yes.

Didn't have them when I was in school, but that was a long time ago...

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Schools have police?

If it's a school that has had a lot of issues to where it might be wise to have a police presence. Not all of our children in public schools are little angels.

Noir
10-27-2015, 05:05 PM

Jeez, you guys have got some problems =/

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 05:06 PM

Didn't have them when I was in school, but that was a long time ago...

You didn't? I was part of the police when I was in grammar school. We had "reporters". After and before school, we wore these gay little belts with a badge and watched for other kids that jaywalked or were running or doing other "bad" things. We reported them when we got to school. They got called in and would get detention or whatever for breaking the rules. I thought it was a good thing back then, but looking back, they made me into like a 9 year old snitch!!

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Jeez, you guys have got some problems =/

Almost 260 sex attacks in NI reported to the police within a 3 year period. Perhaps if folks over there cared about crime and their kids, they too would look for assistance. :rolleyes:

Noir
10-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Almost 260 sex attacks in NI reported to the police within a 3 year period. Perhaps if folks over there cared about crime and their kids, they too would look for assistance. :rolleyes:

<s>That's a bit of a weird stat to come off with 0,o
If you wanna compare crime stats that's all cool, what it has to do with the need for police to be ever-present in a school idk.</s>

Edit - searching webs the 260 number is reported in schools ergo not such a 'weird stat' to come off with, but not something that was clear in your post - currently reading up on.

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 05:30 PM
If you wanna compare crime stats that's all cool, what it has to do with the need for police to be ever-present in a school idk.</s>

Edit - searching webs the 260 number is reported in schools ergo not such a 'weird stat' to come off with, but not something that was clear in your post - currently reading up on.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-34167752

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 05:31 PM

And it's not about comparing stats, as we are a tad larger than where you live.... but how you act like we are from Mars because there were police at some schools. As if you guys are so much better over there. This ONE story I found in a few seconds shows that ya'll probably have a few issues over there too!

Noir
10-27-2015, 05:37 PM
And it's not about comparing stats, as we are a tad larger than where you live.... but how you act like we are from Mars because there were police at some schools. As if you guys are so much better over there. This ONE story I found in a few seconds shows that ya'll probably have a few issues over there too!

Well obi any comparison would have to be reflective of the populations by being stat/population etc, in any case, if its common that police are stationed in schools in the states then they're clearly their to address some problem you guys have that we do not have.

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Well obi any comparison would have to be reflective of the populations by being stat/population etc, in any case, if its common that police are stationed in schools in the states then they're clearly their to address some problem you guys have that we do not have.

It's not common. It's in large urban neighborhoods. Think high crime - Chicago, LA, NYC... outside of that you won't see it, other than your typical security guard roaming the halls. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing armed guards in ALL schools being made mandatory.

Perhaps they're not "clearly" there to address problems, but perhaps are proactive in schools in high crime areas? Would it be SO wrong for a school in northern ireland, if they placed police here or there to help prevent some of the sexual assaults from happening in the future? Or perhaps to address the race hate crimes? Or are these things really not a concern to parents, whether in the school or around? Seems like ya got a problem on both fronts. Personally, I'd be happier knowing there is a further presence around to help deter crime.

Noir
10-27-2015, 05:46 PM
It's not common. It's in large urban neighborhoods. Think high crime - Chicago, LA, NYC... outside of that you won't see it, other than your typical security guard roaming the halls. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing armed guards in ALL schools being made mandatory.

Perhaps they're not "clearly" there to address problems, but perhaps are proactive in schools in high crime areas? Would it be SO wrong for a school in northern ireland, if they placed police here or there to help prevent some of the sexual assaults from happening in the future? Or perhaps to address the race hate crimes? Or are these things really not a concern to parents, whether in the school or around? Seems like ya got a problem on both fronts. Personally, I'd be happier knowing there is a further presence around to help deter crime.

What would a cop do to prevent a rape that a teacher would not?

jimnyc
10-27-2015, 06:03 PM
What would a cop do to prevent a rape that a teacher would not?

Maybe we should save money and place teachers in the streets, since they are equally adept at stopping sexual crimes?

Perianne
10-27-2015, 09:15 PM
I have been thinking about this. I now think the cop's reaction was excessive.

sundaydriver
10-28-2015, 06:10 AM
A lot of wring on both sides. My main thought is how can 3 trained adults let the situation get so out of control in the first place? Arresting the 2nd girl for school disruption because she spoke up about the rough treatment of the 1st girl is totally ridiculous.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 06:45 AM
A lot of wring on both sides. My main thought is how can 3 trained adults let the situation get so out of control in the first place? Arresting the 2nd girl for school disruption because she spoke up about the rough treatment of the 1st girl is totally ridiculous.

Just HOW exactly do you fix it? I'd have had my ass paddled when I was in school, and lost more than one Tootsie Toy car to teachers. She was told repeatedly by the teacher and the VP. Then she takes a swipe at a cop.

Perhaps we should re-install some discipline in our schools? THERE's a thought. You don't let the inmates run the asylum. Punk-ass kid with her face stuck in her phone and we wonder why our kids are dumber'n shit.

The amount of force used is debatable. Her fat, phone playing butt was stuck in the desk and she tried to fight with a cop. Fighting with a cop does NOT work. But SHE, not the teach, vice principal nor the cop escalated this situation.

fj1200
10-28-2015, 06:57 AM

Just HOW exactly do you fix it? I'd have had my ass paddled when I was in school, and lost more than one Tootsie Toy car to teachers. She was told repeatedly by the teacher and the VP. Then she takes a swipe at a cop.

Going to school should be a privilege and not a right. Send her home and let her be stupid there.

sundaydriver
10-28-2015, 07:00 AM

Perhaps we should re-install some discipline in our schools? THERE's a thought. You don't let the inmates run the asylum. Punk-ass kid with her face stuck in her phone and we wonder why our kids are dumber'n shit.

The amount of force used is debatable. Her fat, phone playing butt was stuck in the desk and she tried to fight with a cop. Fighting with a cop does NOT work. But SHE, not the teach, vice principal nor the cop escalated this situation.

That's tough one as teachers and administrators have their hands tied in situation like this. The school would have fired the teacher if like in my day the teacher would have pulled me & the desk out of the classroom and left me sitting in the hallway while they phoned my parents. Of course the parents would sue for embarrassing little Suzy today.

Some kids today just have no respect or fear of authority. No peer pressure or reasoning from their friend who are just waiting to whip out their phones for posterity while you be as big an ass as you can be. I feel this is a school issue and should be handled as such. Arrests in schools should be foe an actual crime though, not as a means to administrate your school.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 07:12 AM
Going to school should be a privilege and not a right. Send her home and let her be stupid there.

It isn't a Right. It's mandated by government. There was a case in San Antonio where a judge ordered an unmarried woman with a child to complete high school. She was 17. When she dropped out to take a job the court took away her child and threw her in jail.

But I agree. Go be stupid at home. But that goes back to ability to enforce the rules. We've emasculated our parents and our school systems then wonder why our kids are jacked up and stupid.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 07:18 AM
That's tough one as teachers and administrators have their hands tied in situation like this. The school would have fired the teacher if like in my day the teacher would have pulled me & the desk out of the classroom and left me sitting in the hallway while they phoned my parents. Of course the parents would sue for embarrassing little Suzy today.

Some kids today just have no respect or fear of authority. No peer pressure or reasoning from their friend who are just waiting to whip out their phones for posterity while you be as big an ass as you can be. I feel this is a school issue and should be handled as such. Arrests in schools should be foe an actual crime though, not as a means to administrate your school.

We got took around behind the coat rack and paddled. They have no fear of authority because of the whiny shit parents that sue.

I don't consider arresting a non-compliant kid disrupting the entire class as an administrative tool. The problem starts at home and the kid brings it with them to school. I'm the teacher? I'm taking your phone period and you're done. My damned allegedly grown Marines didn't dare pull out a cell on MY time. They KNEW what would happen. :laugh:

indago
10-28-2015, 07:22 AM
We got took around behind the coat rack and paddled. They have no fear of authority because of the whiny shit parents that sue.

I don't consider arresting a non-compliant kid disrupting the entire class as an administrative tool. The problem starts at home and the kid brings it with them to school. I'm the teacher? I'm taking your phone period and you're done. My damned allegedly grown Marines didn't dare pull out a cell on MY time. They KNEW what would happen. :laugh:

A leghump? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FreeAgent99/humpingdog.gif

Gunny
10-28-2015, 07:43 AM
A leghump? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FreeAgent99/humpingdog.gif

Was wondering when your cop-hating lame ass was going to show up. Kind of late to the party, ain't you? :laugh: Oh and look, the same old worn out emoticon you somehow think works wherever you post. Did you miss the part where I repeatedly have said doing the same wrong thing (dumb thing in your case) doesn't get you any different results?

indago
10-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Was wondering when your cop-hating lame ass was going to show up. Kind of late to the party, ain't you? :laugh: Oh and look, the same old worn out emoticon you somehow think works wherever you post. Did you miss the part where I repeatedly have said doing the same wrong thing (dumb thing in your case) doesn't get you any different results?

Take a pill and go back to bed...

indago
10-28-2015, 09:05 AM
From The Associated Press 27 October 2015:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The brutal takedown of a Spring Valley High School student was because of her cell phone, the girl’s classmates in South Carolina revealed. A teacher spied the black high school student using her phone in math class and demanded she hand it over. She apologetically refused to do so when both the teacher and a school administrator asked, one witness told a local TV station Monday night. ...“She really hadn’t done anything wrong. She said she took her phone out, but it was only for a quick second,” her shocked classmate, Tony Robinson Jr., told WLTX-TV. ...“I’ve never seen anything so nasty looking, so sick to the point that other students are turning away,” Robinson told the Columbia TV station. “They’re just scared for their lives. That’s supposed to be someone that’s going to protect us. Not somebody to be scared of.”

article (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/spring-valley-high-school-officer-tackled-teen-phone-article-1.2412665)

From The Associated Press 28 October 2015:
The lawyer for a teen who was flipped out of her desk and tossed across the room by a school resource officer in South Carolina says his client was injured in the incident. Todd Rutherford told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday that the teen has a cast on her arm and suffered neck and back injuries in the confrontation at Spring Valley High School in Columbia on Monday. Rutherford also said the girl suffered a rug burn on her forehead.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TOSSED_STUDENT_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-28-07-47-05)

Gunny
10-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Take a pill and go back to bed...

From The Associated Press 27 October 2015:
The brutal takedown of a Spring Valley High School student was because of her cell phone, the girl’s classmates in South Carolina revealed. A teacher spied the black high school student using her phone in math class and demanded she hand it over. She apologetically refused to do so when both the teacher and a school administrator asked, one witness told a local TV station Monday night. ...“She really hadn’t done anything wrong. She said she took her phone out, but it was only for a quick second,” her shocked classmate, Tony Robinson Jr., told WLTX-TV. ...“I’ve never seen anything so nasty looking, so sick to the point that other students are turning away,” Robinson told the Columbia TV station. “They’re just scared for their lives. That’s supposed to be someone that’s going to protect us. Not somebody to be scared of.”

article (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/spring-valley-high-school-officer-tackled-teen-phone-article-1.2412665)

From The Associated Press 28 October 2015:
The lawyer for a teen who was flipped out of her desk and tossed across the room by a school resource officer in South Carolina says his client was injured in the incident. Todd Rutherford told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday that the teen has a cast on her arm and suffered neck and back injuries in the confrontation at Spring Valley High School in Columbia on Monday. Rutherford also said the girl suffered a rug burn on her forehead.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TOSSED_STUDENT_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-10-28-07-47-05)

How about YOU take a pill and go back to your whiny ass thread? You're drooling all over the board. I'd have taken the brat's phone and slammed it right in front of her.

I thought I had authority problems but YOU take the f-ing cake, you whiny shit. There has to be some semblance of order and discipline.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Since she outright refused to listen to everyone, up to and including a police officer.... I would have politely asked her to leave, and explained that she is on thin ice. I would pull out the taser and explain she needs to comply, or she will feel the electricity.

What else are they supposed to do with twits like this? I don't think body slamming them is the answer, but at the same time, kids can't just ignore all authority. Once they ignore the police, the police should be able to use reasonable force to get them out of the classroom. Body slamming is not reasonable. The use of a taser to get someone to comply IS reasonable.

indago
10-28-2015, 09:28 AM
How about YOU take a pill and go back to your whiny ass thread? You're drooling all over the board. I'd have taken the brat's phone and slammed it right in front of her.

http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-animated-gorilla-pounding-his-chest.gif

Gunny
10-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Since she outright refused to listen to everyone, up to and including a police officer.... I would have politely asked her to leave, and explained that she is on thin ice. I would pull out the taser and explain she needs to comply, or she will feel the electricity.

What else are they supposed to do with twits like this? I don't think body slamming them is the answer, but at the same time, kids can't just ignore all authority. Once they ignore the police, the police should be able to use reasonable force to get them out of the classroom. Body slamming is not reasonable. The use of a taser to get someone to comply IS reasonable.

I think his reaction was over the top. At the same time, SHE created the situation from the start. There are several factors at play here.

One, a kid with no respect for authority.

Two, a kid with no realization that cops use excessive force. THAT is one thing I don't disagree with Indago about. I just don't have to whine all over the board about it. It doesn't matter the right or wrong of it in real life. Understanding the reality of it DOES.

Cops are ill-trained bullies. I hit one once. I know. They're taught to be aggressive assholes and bumrush. Could probably get a phone away from a teen without the sidewalk slam.

At the same time, I can't even imagine backtalking much less defying one of my teachers.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Apparently there is video of her hitting this officer during the confrontation. I still don't think that gives him reason to be so forceful, but while he's being investigated for his actions, I hope she does too, by the school, and gets tossed out.

Here's a 2nd video I found so far. I thought he body slammed her. He ejected her from the chair forcefully and then dragged her to the front of the class.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=98852efb9eaf" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the videos taken as a school resource officer slammed a student sitting at her desk at a South Carolina high school also shows her punching the deputy during the confrontation, authorities said Tuesday.

That video, described by Sheriff Leon Lott as the "third video," will play a part in the internal affairs investigation into whether Senior Deputy Ben Fields violated policy in Monday's incident at Spring Valley High School in Columbia.

here are at least three videos that have surfaced of the incident — which shows the girl flailing at the officer as he is already in the middle of flipping her chair over — and their distribution online has caused an uproar on social media.

It's not clear whether the sheriff was referring to those videos, or if there's still another angle on the incident.

By Monday night, Fields was suspended without pay and was asked not to return to any of the school campuses within the Richland School District Two.

The Justice Department and the FBI announced Tuesday they would open their own investigations into whether the girl's civil rights were violated. The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is also conducting a separate probe.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sheriff-says-third-video-shows-south-carolina-student-punching-officer-n452481?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=1ca9008f61f24fb51027414894c8397f

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 10:38 AM
This is what I meant to post above. I had like 5 tabs open for the story...

-----

South Carolina sheriff says third video shows student hitting school resource officer

A third video has emerged showing a different angle of the confrontation between a school resource officer and female student on Monday in a South Carolina high school. Authorities say that in this tape, the student can be seen hitting the officer in the head after he touches her.

On Monday, two videos shot by other students in the Spring Valley High School classroom were released, showing Richland County Senior Sheriff Deputy Ben Fields flipping the student over in her desk and then dragging her away. Sheriff Leon Lott said when he first saw the videos, "I wanted to throw up. This makes you sick to your stomach when you see that initial video. But that's just a snapshot." Lott said the girl was in math class, sending text messages on her phone instead of doing classwork. The teacher notified an administrator, and the student refused to leave class. Ultimately, Fields was called in to handle the situation.

Lott said the department's internal investigation into whether Fields violated policy should be finished by tomorrow, NBC News reports, and he'll announce the officer's fate; late Monday evening, Fields was suspended without pay. The Justice Department and FBI also plan to open investigations into the incident. The student, who is black, was arrested, along with a second student for "contributing to the chaos." Lott said he does not think race was a factor in the incident, adding that Fields has been dating a black woman for "quite some time." "The student was wrong in what she did — she disrupted class, she was disturbing the other students from getting an education," Lott said. "But does her actions meet the level of what this officer did? That's what we're going to decide."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/585521/south-carolina-sheriff-says-third-video-shows-student-hitting-school-resource-officer

Drummond
10-28-2015, 10:39 AM

This is your attempt to drag political correctness into this, isn't it.

One is a believer, or a nonbeliever, in God. Yes ? YET ... agnosticism is still possible. One could be an unbeliever, UNTIL proof is presented to the agnostic which then turns the non-believer into a believer.

So you see, 'compromise' positions are possible, allowing for neutrality.

Equally -- in this case, it's possible to be neutral. One can effectively sit on the fence by being purely reactive, and not proactive. In other words, you apply a degree of realism. You react to what you see and hear in its OWN TERMS.

It isn't racist, FJ, to note and to react against racist attitudes exhibited by others. If a black person has a chip on their shoulder about their race and what they think it means for their daily behaviour, it is NOT racist to react to that within the fullest context that applies.

And in the example we've seen a video of, what do we know of what came before it ? Do we know that the student was devoid of the 'chip' I refer to ? Do we know what the class, the teacher, had had to take beforehand ?

Ah, but, in LeftieWorld, cry 'racist' from what you see, neither caring, nor wishing to, about any possible previous 'mitigations' ... eh, FJ ?

Politically correct attitudes are crippling to the application of objectivity. A true Conservative understands this. But ... do you .. ? :rolleyes:

Gunny
10-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Apparently there is video of her hitting this officer during the confrontation. I still don't think that gives him reason to be so forceful, but while he's being investigated for his actions, I hope she does too, by the school, and gets tossed out.

Here's a 2nd video I found so far. I thought he body slammed her. He ejected her from the chair forcefully and then dragged her to the front of the class.

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=98852efb9eaf" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

One of the videos taken as a school resource officer slammed a student sitting at her desk at a South Carolina high school also shows her punching the deputy during the confrontation, authorities said Tuesday.

That video, described by Sheriff Leon Lott as the "third video," will play a part in the internal affairs investigation into whether Senior Deputy Ben Fields violated policy in Monday's incident at Spring Valley High School in Columbia.

here are at least three videos that have surfaced of the incident — which shows the girl flailing at the officer as he is already in the middle of flipping her chair over — and their distribution online has caused an uproar on social media.

It's not clear whether the sheriff was referring to those videos, or if there's still another angle on the incident.

By Monday night, Fields was suspended without pay and was asked not to return to any of the school campuses within the Richland School District Two.

The Justice Department and the FBI announced Tuesday they would open their own investigations into whether the girl's civil rights were violated. The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is also conducting a separate probe.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sheriff-says-third-video-shows-south-carolina-student-punching-officer-n452481?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=1ca9008f61f24fb51027414894c8397f

She's black, he's a white cop. Anyone want to wonder how THIS is going to end? I'm surprised the school hasn't been burned to the ground.

Drummond
10-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Its interesting that you can hear the gasps etc, everyone knows whats happening is wrong, but no one (esp the teacher!) confronts the cop there and then while he's throwing a student about.

Which says ... what ? Surprise as a fleeting reaction, yet, no protest about the action applied. Possibly speaking to context, known by the class, known by the teacher, and the policeman, but NOT by us .. h'm ?

But never mind. Assumptive political correctness trumps all that .. eh, Noir ?

Drummond
10-28-2015, 10:44 AM
She's black, he's a white cop. Anyone want to wonder how THIS is going to end? I'm surprised the school hasn't been burned to the ground.

... and of course, if it were to be burned to the ground, there'd be NO element of racism involved AT ALL by any of the arsonists ...

Drummond
10-28-2015, 10:51 AM
I have been thinking about this. I now think the cop's reaction was excessive.

It appears that way, doesn't it ?

But, what had been tried beforehand ? What had caused any build-up to the situation which the clip only shows the result of ?

I think there was a lesson needed, to that student, to all other students, too, in that class and in that school ... to show that, no matter what, discipline must be applied and maintained, and would be.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 11:08 AM

That's already started.

I wonder how things would have went if she listened to any of the above, and left the classroom?

indago
10-28-2015, 11:25 AM
The deputy has been fired!

FIRED (http://www.wxyz.com/news/sheriff-says-school-officer-has-been-fired-after-he-threw-student-across-the-classroom)

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 11:30 AM
The deputy has been fired!

FIRED (http://www.wxyz.com/news/sheriff-says-school-officer-has-been-fired-after-he-threw-student-across-the-classroom)

Now all we need to see is that the kid gets expelled, and then the system will have worked as it should when the crap hits the fan.

Noir
10-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Which says ... what ?

Which says nothing, the bystander effect is neither a positive or negative affirmation, it is just an interesting quirk of human behaviour.

Another interesting aspect of this is how much attention, if any, would this story of generated if the videos were not there for us to view. Presuming that the answer is none/very little - how many non-videoed events like this have taken place, and slipped us by?

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Which says nothing, the bystander effect is neither a positive or negative affirmation, it is just an interesting quirk of human behaviour.

Another interesting aspect of this is how much attention, if any, would this story of generated if the videos were not there for us to view. Presuming that the answer is none/very little - how many non-videoed events like this have taken place, and slipped us by?

As in who, an officer using excessive force in subduing an unruly student? While there may not be videos of such events, I can assure you that there would be court records - as in lawsuits. People like to sue in the US, especially the police. Even losing court cases are documented.

Noir
10-28-2015, 11:40 AM
As in who, an officer using excessive force in subduing an unruly student? While there may not be videos of such events, I can assure you that there would be court records - as in lawsuits. People like to sue in the US, especially the police. Even losing court cases are documented.

Was is the legal aid position on such a case in the states?

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Was is the legal aid position on such a case in the states?

Oh, hell if I know! LOL I'm not looking that crap up. No doubt shit happens, and it's getting more and more exposed with today's technology. But I don't think there's been a ton of cops beating kids in schools prior to that, nor after. And even with the new technology, most schools have had cameras running for eons. The only places without them are in the classes themselves. You won't find a lot of this stuff happening in the classes, this is rare. The "crimes" that happen are usually at entranceways, hallways, in front of the school... Kids usually don't wait for class to start and be in front of teachers... and cops generally wouldn't leave their positions without being called. Of course there is always the odd story like this one though, and they shitcanned him rather quickly.

gabosaurus
10-28-2015, 12:16 PM
My question is always: If it had been your kid in the video, what would your reaction have been?

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Absolutely, WAY over the top. If the kid was being an idiot, he could have still subdued and arrested or whatever, no need in this instance for treating the kid like a dog when she wasn't doing anything other than refusing to get up. The FBI is involved now. I'd be surprised if he had a job for much longer, or if he doesn't at least get a lengthy suspension.

Sooo....what was the cop supposed to do, Jim? Ask the thug politely to get up and go with him? It's obvious that that wouldn't work with this little punk. What next? Plead? Cajole? Call for "backup"? Obama and Holder's people are now actively resisting the police. And yet still whites, like you, blame the cops???

This is getting ridiculous, folks. When the school admins have to call for help from police to remove an asshole from class, and then when the police officer gets fired for doing his job...ONLY, mind you, if/when the police officer is white and the perp is black....

our nation is being ruled and ruined by leftist and PC IDIOCY.

That cop didn't have all fukking day to "ask" that bitch to get the fuk up and get the fuk out. He did what he had to do to get her out. And for that he's now fired.

Get ....a......clue.

This is being done quite deliberately, this creation of distrust and hatred for police officers. And all so that the leftists can justify the creation of their own "SS" Nazi-style "civilian" police force. And you just 'think' you've seen brutality and abuse now. Wait until the leftists get their jackboot brigade.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Sooo....what was the cop supposed to do, Jim? Ask the thug politely to get up and go with him? It's obvious that that wouldn't work with this little punk. What next? Plead? Cajole? Call for "backup"? Obama and Holder's people are now actively resisting the police. And yet still whites, like you, blame the cops???

This is getting ridiculous, folks. When the school admins have to call for help from police to remove an asshole from class, and then when the police officer gets fired for doing his job...ONLY, mind you, if/when the police officer is white and the perp is black....

That cop didn't have all fukking day to "ask" that bitch to get the fuk up and get the fuk out. He did what he had to do to get her out. And for that he's now fired.

Get ....a......clue.

This is being done quite deliberately, this creation of distrust and hatred for police officers. And all so that the leftists can justify the creation of their own "SS" Nazi-style "civilian" police force. And you just 'think' you've seen brutality and abuse now. Wait until the leftists get their jackboot brigade.

Read the rest of the thread. I was unaware of everything that took place prior. I think some sort of reasonable force was in order. She deserves to be expelled from that school.

And simmer down with the "whites like you" bullshit, as it's absolute BS. No one here on this board has defended the police in this country more than myself, when it's necessary of course, which I've found to be the majority of the time. So maybe you can get that clue and read the entire thread first. Hell, I even stated that tasing her would have been cool.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:30 PM
A normal police officer would slowly pull her away from the desk not throw her off the chair backwards and drag her across the classroom.

If you look at the video, he was trying to pull her out of the chair at first. It didn't work. Her huge ass was apparently glued to the seat.

Cops using force for thugs that are resisting arrest had previously only been questioned before Obama and Holder slimed into office in a scant few cases. Rodney King comes to mind. Now, these cretins are encouraged to resist arrest so they or their family can "cash in" and hit the sue-happy jackpot.....and it is happening everywhere.

A "normal" police officer who is there to remove and/or arrest you isn't going to take time to "slowly" pull you out of your chair. Especially after he's ordered you to get up. He's going to do what he has to do to get you up and out.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Read the rest of the thread. I was unaware of everything that took place prior. I think some sort of reasonable force was in order. She deserves to be expelled from that school.

And simmer down with the "whites like you" bullshit, as it's absolute BS. No one here on this board has defended the police in this country more than myself, when it's necessary of course, which I've found to be the majority of the time. So maybe you can get that clue and read the entire thread first. Hell, I even stated that tasing her would have been cool.

I just responded to what I saw you post there and I called it like I saw it. Yeah, I'll read the rest of the thread NOW.

As you may gleen, I'm fed the fuk up with people excusing this climate of blacks "resisting arrest and defiance of authority". Especially when it's someone on the right. There are several I know of at other forums that constantly 'blame the cops' in cases like this...even knowing that the leftists are creating this chaos and anarchy BS.

fj1200
10-28-2015, 12:35 PM
This is your attempt to drag political correctness into this, isn't it.

No. I'm taking the opportunity to call out racism. I'm saddened that you can't find your way to do the same.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:36 PM

Exactly! And for that he is now fired. This is bullshit.

fj1200
10-28-2015, 12:38 PM
... and of course, if it were to be burned to the ground, there'd be NO element of racism involved AT ALL by any of the arsonists ...

That would depend if the arsonists felt that their race was superior to another.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 12:39 PM
That's already started.

I wonder how things would have went if she listened to any of the above, and left the classroom?

I wonder how it would have went if she'd not been playing on her dang phone in class to begin with.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:39 PM
My question is always: If it had been your kid in the video, what would your reaction have been?

My kid wouldn't have been ABLE to sit down for a week if it had been my kid. But.... my kid would not have resisted arrest and defied the school AND the cops like that. It's a question of upbringing....the kind that these thugs are not getting.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:40 PM

So Christie.....what was the cop supposed to do? He tried pulling her out of the chair. Didn't work. What would YOU have done then?

Gunny
10-28-2015, 12:42 PM

She'd have been in MORE trouble when she got home.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 12:43 PM
I just responded to what I saw you post there and I called it like I saw it. Yeah, I'll read the rest of the thread NOW.

As you may gleen, I'm fed the fuk up with people excusing this climate of blacks "resisting arrest and defiance of authority". Especially when it's someone on the right. There are several I know of at other forums that constantly 'blame the cops' in cases like this...even knowing that the leftists are creating this chaos and anarchy BS.

My response that you originally replied to had nothing to do with color. I saw a man toss a girl across the room and felt it excessive. When I found out how long she drew this out, and how many people she snubbed her nose at, I agreed that reasonable force could have been used in that instance. He would have been better off tasing her. Tossing someone around like a ragdoll isn't typical protocol, and that's what got him fired.

I've been long pissed off on how ALL the cops are being treated over the shootings and the black lives matter movement, which encourages the defiance of authority/police.

I don't blame the police, not even in this instance. She was wrong, force became necessary to remove her, and she should not be allowed back in that school, IMO. But I do blame him for the way he handled his force. I think he chose the wrong route is all. Same as with folks in the streets or in cars. If they don't comply, and force becomes necessary - light them up with the taser and warn them one last time. Then light them up. Maybe 50-100,000 volts will have them think twice in the future.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:44 PM
She'd have been in MORE trouble when she got home.

Exactly.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 12:45 PM
I wonder how it would have went if she'd not been playing on her dang phone in class to begin with.

Yeps. My son's school requires they hand them in within certain classes, it's the teachers option. Don't hand it in, and get caught using it - goodbye phone until a parent picks it up.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 12:47 PM
My kid wouldn't have been ABLE to sit down for a week if it had been my kid. But.... my kid would not have resisted arrest and defied the school AND the cops like that. It's a question of upbringing....the kind that these thugs are not getting.

Yup, my kid wouldn't have had the phone in class, would have listened to a teacher, would have listened to an administrator and you're damn skippy he would have listened to a police officer. And where did I learn it from, my upbringing. My Dad and Mom taught us to respect our elders and authority, and if not, you'll find out about THEIR authority when you got home!!

Drummond
10-28-2015, 12:47 PM

If I'd ever been a parent of a kid unwilling to recognise or obey school discipline, I might just have cheered.

Though I can't imagine that any child of mine would ever behave in any way deserving of such treatment in the first place.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:49 PM
My response that you originally replied to had nothing to do with color. I saw a man toss a girl across the room and felt it excessive. When I found out how long she drew this out, and how many people she snubbed her nose at, I agreed that reasonable force could have been used in that instance. He would have been better off tasing her. Tossing someone around like a ragdoll isn't typical protocol, and that's what got him fired.

I've been long pissed off on how ALL the cops are being treated over the shootings and the black lives matter movement, which encourages the defiance of authority/police.

I don't blame the police, not even in this instance. She was wrong, force became necessary to remove her, and she should not be allowed back in that school, IMO. But I do blame him for the way he handled his force. I think he chose the wrong route is all. Same as with folks in the streets or in cars. If they don't comply, and force becomes necessary - light them up with the taser and warn them one last time. Then light them up. Maybe 50-100,000 volts will have them think twice in the future.

Let's face it. Thanks to the Obama/Holder Injustice Department, white cops are now in a no-win scenario in America. They're damned if they do anything and they are damned if they don't. And unfortunately, it IS all about skin color. You won't see black cops being fired for doing their jobs unless there are ALSO whitey cops the left is trying to get to in the process (collateral damage)....like in the Freddie Grey incident.

I have no doubt AT ALL that even if all the cop had done is taze the beotch, he would still have been fired.

Drummond
10-28-2015, 12:50 PM
That would depend if the arsonists felt that their race was superior to another.

You mean, your script allows you to recognise any such motivation ? On one side .. rather than the other ? H'm ?

fj1200
10-28-2015, 12:53 PM
:blah:

There isn't racism on either side. You have an insolent child on one side and an ill-prepared cop on the other. The racists are the ones who dwell on skin color as a means of raising their superiority.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Let's face it. Thanks to the Obama/Holder Injustice Department, white cops are now in a no-win scenario in America. They're damned if they do anything and they are damned if they don't. And unfortunately, it IS all about skin color. You won't see black cops being fired for doing their jobs unless there are ALSO whitey cops the left is trying to get to in the process (collateral damage)....like in the Freddie Grey incident.

I have no doubt AT ALL that even if all the cop had done is taze the beotch, he would still have been fired.

That's possible, as superiors ARE caving to pressure these days. But at least with a tasing, I think the court of public opinion would be more on his side. Then again, you'll always have the types that swear up and down that tasing is wrong too, or "she's too young". Too young? Then what is a cop to do, ignore the situation and leave, because she was too young? What if she had a weapon? Leave her be? Once it went through the school and she still refused all efforts, reasonable force by the police to get the nitwit to let go of her desk and GTFO would have been cool.

DLT
10-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Yup, my kid wouldn't have had the phone in class, would have listened to a teacher, would have listened to an administrator and you're damn skippy he would have listened to a police officer. And where did I learn it from, my upbringing. My Dad and Mom taught us to respect our elders and authority, and if not, you'll find out about THEIR authority when you got home!!

So it really is all about culture and/or skin color, when you're talking about the ever-increasing (and encouraged by Obama/Soros minions) rebellion against cops these days. Most whites are not brought up to resist arrest, but apparently a growing number of blacks are either brought up to have no respect for the law, or are just reacting to the Obama/Holder mentality that "cops are wrong", especially if they're whitey cops.

And with the same leftists now bringing in tens of thousands of illegal immigrants, many of whom are Muslims, expect this climate of resistance to authority to only increase.....to the point where cops will simply refuse to respond to calls eventually.

Lock & load, IOW.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 01:06 PM
If I'd ever been a parent of a kid unwilling to recognise or obey school discipline, I might just have cheered.

Though I can't imagine that any child of mine would ever behave in any way deserving of such treatment in the first place.

Yeah, well you better have had a plan for how you were leaving home if you'd pulled that kind of crap when I was a kid. Especially in a DoD school on base where everything you do gets Dad called on the carpet. My temper didn't just magically come from nowhere. You didn't get Dad called on the carpet unless you were 200% in the right. He actually backed me a couple of times because he knew I didn't start crap. When I was a dumbass, I got my ass kicked.

And MY kid knew the same. Only she was and IS my little princess. All I had to do with her was express disappointment. She took the one and only spanking I ever gave her like I took them. If I didn't get spanked a couple of times a day I was slacking. You have to know people and how to read them.

Point is, everyone's blaming this cop when if that brat had any respect for the rules this issue would never have escalated to a cop and THAT starts at home, not the school.

DLT
10-28-2015, 01:07 PM

If the brat was white, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.....since a white brat being dragged out of a chair while resisting arrest wouldn't have made the news.

Only black brats matter.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 01:12 PM
If the brat was white, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.....since a white brat being dragged out of a chair while resisting arrest wouldn't have made the news.

Only black brats matter.

That ain't no sh*t.

WiccanLiberal
10-28-2015, 02:01 PM
This incident is over and nothing discussed about it now will alter the events. So move on to what might be better approaches. Kid is being disruptive to the class and is not complying with requests to desist. Have the DESK grabbed (note I said desk and not student) and dragged outside while her responsible adult is called to take her suspended ass home. This may require more than one adult to accomplish safely.Several adults surrounding her and taking her elsewhere may result in her having a hissy fit but, properly done, no injury to anyone. Class then continues. Alternative. Move the class to a new location such as library or study hall room and Miss cell phone is not invited. Inform her parent of the suspension and that she will fail the class if she does this again. Nor will she be readmitted without an apology to her classmates for her poor manners. Kids should leave their cell phones in the locker or on silent. Same as us grown ups are required to do. I keep mine with me always. I keep it silenced at work ALWAYS. I check it on breaks and lunch ONLY. Guess what? Teachers should do the same to model good behavior for the students. Think outside the box here. What is the goal? Avoid class disruption. Repeated interactions and escalations negate that goal. Either move the kid in a safe way or take the class on the road. Both interventions accomplish the same goal.

Perianne
10-28-2015, 02:09 PM
This incident is over and nothing discussed about it now will alter the events. So move on to what might be better approaches. Kid is being disruptive to the class and is not complying with requests to desist. Have the DESK grabbed (note I said desk and not student) and dragged outside while her responsible adult is called to take her suspended ass home. This may require more than one adult to accomplish safely.Several adults surrounding her and taking her elsewhere may result in her having a hissy fit but, properly done, no injury to anyone. Class then continues. Alternative. Move the class to a new location such as library or study hall room and Miss cell phone is not invited. Inform her parent of the suspension and that she will fail the class if she does this again. Nor will she be readmitted without an apology to her classmates for her poor manners. Kids should leave their cell phones in the locker or on silent. Same as us grown ups are required to do. I keep mine with me always. I keep it silenced at work ALWAYS. I check it on breaks and lunch ONLY. Guess what? Teachers should do the same to model good behavior for the students. Think outside the box here. What is the goal? Avoid class disruption. Repeated interactions and escalations negate that goal. Either move the kid in a safe way or take the class on the road. Both interventions accomplish the same goal.

In theory this is great. I know at our work we are not allowed to drag furniture across the floor. It makes marks in the waxed floor. That was probably what the cop was thinking. He didn't want to mess up the floor. But by pulling her across the floor, her soft clothing actually worked like a buffer to increase the shine of the floor (not that that was what he intended).

Regardless, now I bet he wishes he had done something different. He could have kept his eye on her and picked her up the next week for committing some minor crime.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 02:14 PM

I'm with you except for a couple of points.

Notifying the parents that created the problem is pointless.

And, NO CELLPHONES IN THE CLASSROOM. Period. On "Off" is where I stand. I didn't send my kid to school to text her BFF.

When is enough enough? You got one kid defying authority with her phone and another kid filming it.

WiccanLiberal
10-28-2015, 02:21 PM
May or may not be pointless. Some parents are truly unaware of the actions their kids are taking or the potential consequences. And phones now are also research tools. I use mine for drug lookups as well as cat videos. Every generation has it's own distractive hurdles to overcome. Since technology is only ever advancing, education needs to keep it's policies regarding same current.

Perianne
10-28-2015, 02:45 PM
May or may not be pointless. Some parents are truly unaware of the actions their kids are taking or the potential consequences. And phones now are also research tools. I use mine for drug lookups as well as cat videos. Every generation has it's own distractive hurdles to overcome. Since technology is only ever advancing, education needs to keep it's policies regarding same current.

WiccanLiberal, we have an intranet drug lookup program at work which I have to refer to fairly regularly. Most of our PICC lines have multiple ports, but sometimes they don't and it's unavoidable that two drugs have to be run in the same line.

Anyway, last week I had to run Vancomycin and Merrem in a line that was also running Levophed. Our intranet program had no data for pretty much anything having to do with Levophed. So, I did like you, got on the internet, and found a Mosby table.

WiccanLiberal
10-28-2015, 02:49 PM
WiccanLiberal, we have an intranet drug lookup program at work which I have to refer to fairly regularly. Most of our PICC lines have multiple ports, but sometimes they don't and it's unavoidable that two drugs have to be run in the same line.

Anyway, last week I had to run Vancomycin and Merrem in a line that was also running Levophed. Our intranet program had no data for pretty much anything having to do with Levophed. So, I did like you, got on the internet, and found a Mosby table.

Problem with us is our IT guys have locked down the net so badly that almost anything not linked into our intranet is inaccessible. You get nasty popup messages that you need to get authorization to get there, My phone is faster.

Abbey Marie
10-28-2015, 03:38 PM

All better ideas than dragging her out of the desk. But I would add the following: No procedure or discipline is truly effective unless the public schools are able to expel disruptive kids, and they stay expelled. And lawsuits by parents must be extremely limited. From working in a school district office, I've seen how often that is not the case.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 04:02 PM

Where does it stop? I got a cell in my class I'm looking up test answers. Doesn't mean I know anything. It means my phone does. And if that grid goes down? How do you think for yourself?

And if I'm addressing 80 recruits the one on his cell WILL become an example.

Elessar
10-28-2015, 04:07 PM

May be....but if she pinned herself into the desk...she caused the falling and tossing

Gunny
10-28-2015, 05:02 PM
May be....but if she pinned herself into the desk...she caused the falling and tossing

The rules need to be addressed as they are in a proper forum. A belligerant brat is NOT a proper forum. I never taught school but I WAS a drill instructor. So I know what it's like to have to teach.

Perianne
10-28-2015, 05:22 PM
More nigroes fighting. I wonder why nigroes can't behave at school. I say let 'em fight. Maybe they will kill each other.

Three Florin High School students were taken to juvenile hall after a wild fight in which the school’s principal was body-slammed.
The chaotic scene played out during lunchtime Monday on the south-area campus.
A fight broke out, drawing a school resource police officer, a school official and Principal Don Ross. Students gathered around, at least one recording the melee on a cellphone, as officials tried to break up the fight.
After trying to restrain a tall student, Ross was thrown to the floor. Undeterred, Ross got back up and tried to prevent the student from fighting again.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXta9PMsCyo

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html

Gunny
10-28-2015, 05:23 PM
More nigroes fighting. I wonder why nigroes can't behave at school. I say let 'em fight. Maybe they will kill each other.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXta9PMsCyo

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article41673117.html

How do you REALLY feel? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Elessar
10-28-2015, 06:47 PM
The rules need to be addressed as they are in a proper forum. A belligerant brat is NOT a proper forum. I never taught school but I WAS a drill instructor. So I know what it's like to have to teach.

I know quite well.

As Senior Instructor at CG Boot Camp Gym, I did not broach any rudeness, lack of discipline, or interference.
That was my domain and made sure it was known, even to red-ropers.

Elessar
10-28-2015, 06:50 PM

Get ....a......clue.

Extremely strong and good reply! Thanks!

Elessar
10-28-2015, 06:57 PM
He would have been better off tasing her. Tossing someone around like a ragdoll isn't typical protocol, and that's what got him fired.

If they don't comply, and force becomes necessary - light them up with the taser and warn them one last time. Then light them up. Maybe 50-100,000 volts will have them think twice in the future.

Tasing is not the answer...that raises the Use Of Force level past what was needed there.....Officer Presence #1, Soft Empty Hand #2, Control and Compliance #3. Going above
that raises a whole shit load of problems.

That video does not tell the whole story, but the racist cry makes assumptions.

I do not care if someone is white, black, brown, yellow, purple, rainbow, polka dotted, or green.

A civilized society has necessary common respects and expectations. Too many are raised or exposed
to other influences.

That is the sin here.....

Abbey Marie
10-28-2015, 08:36 PM
I know quite well.

As Senior Instructor at CG Boot Camp Gym, I did not broach any rudeness, lack of discipline, or interference.
That was my domain and made sure it was known, even to red-ropers.

I see many of the USCG recruits at USO. Almost every Tuesday, they go through our facility at the Philly airport on their way to begin their career at Cape May. The look so young. Some look nervous, and others look like they are trying to act tough, but they all look young.

We take good care of them...:salute:

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Tasing is not the answer...that raises the Use Of Force level past what was needed there.....Officer Presence #1, Soft Empty Hand #2, Control and Compliance #3. Going above
that raises a whole shit load of problems.

That video does not tell the whole story, but the racist cry makes assumptions.

I do not care if someone is white, black, brown, yellow, purple, rainbow, polka dotted, or green.

A civilized society has necessary common respects and expectations. Too many are raised or exposed
to other influences.

That is the sin here.....

The brat should have done what she was told to start with. The fact she wasn't taught to respect the rules and authority is on her parents they best be damned glad they aren't coming whining to a courtroom where I'd be the judge. I'd light THEM up so fast it wouldn't be funny. That kid didn't just accidentally fall into a pit of defying authority.

And pushing it so far a cop has to be called in? Absurd. Yet SHE is the victim and the cop gets fired . :rolleyes:

Noir
10-28-2015, 08:47 PM
The brat should have done what she was told to start with. The fact she wasn't taught to respect the rules and authority is on her parents they best be damned glad they aren't coming whining to a courtroom where I'd be the judge. I'd light THEM up so fast it wouldn't be funny. That kid didn't just accidentally fall into a pit of defying authority. And pushing it so far a cop has to be called in? Absurd. Yet SHE is the victim and the cop gets fired . :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be able to tell parents of the "brat" anything, they're dead, she's an orphan.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 08:53 PM
You wouldn't be able to tell parents of the "brat" anything, they're dead, she's an orphan.

Wah. Somebody's responsible for her. And being an orphan is NO excuse for not following simple rules nor not doing what you're told in a classroom.

What if my Marines did that shit? "Sorry Gunny. can't go into combat. Got a text. Be with you in a few."

indago
10-28-2015, 10:48 PM
She just sat there. How could that be a disruption? The disruption was caused by all those who threatened her.

indago
10-28-2015, 10:48 PM
They'll probably wheel her into the courtroom in a wheelchair to testify with her wearing a back and neck brace, and a cast on her arm, and a large bandage wrapped around her head for the rug burn.

Gunny
10-29-2015, 06:54 AM

Ma'am, I was a single parent. I am ALL TOO AWARE of what kids do behind your back. I've said repeatedly I'm glad we didn't have cell phones when my daughter was coming up. THAT would have been the last straw for me.

My GF has teenage daughters and they're buried in their phones. It's ridiculous to me. Kids don't need cell phones is MY stance. Go outside and play. Geez. I mean, look what we've done to our children. I had to drag a lawn mower around base housing just so I could wear actual Levi's. I had to buy my own first car.

Now kids just expect brand name crap and for you to buy them a car. Got money says the parents pay her cell phone bill.

It isn't a matter of technology to me. It's a matter of responsibility.

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 11:57 AM
She just sat there. How could that be a disruption? The disruption was caused by all those who threatened her.

Kids don't have cell phones. Kids don't take their shirts off. Kids don't pass notes in class.... I could do that all day long. But the school doesn't ignore such behavior, simply because a student is only sitting. They enforce the rules of the school and/or classroom. The kid IS a disruption if she refuses to follow the rules. The class is then disrupted until student follows the rules.

And threatened her? Telling a kid to put the phone down, put it away, or to leave the classroom - these are "threats" now?

I hope your post was a joke!

Perianne
10-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Undesirables will always push the limits of civilized society. This was an opportunity for that slug to learn something. Instead, now she is an American hero with the leftists. And her family will probably collect a lot of money from the school system, so she will have learned that disobedience pays off. Stupid leftists.

Abbey Marie
10-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Can her White House invite be far off? :rolleyes:

indago
10-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Kids don't have cell phones. Kids don't take their shirts off. Kids don't pass notes in class.... I could do that all day long. But the school doesn't ignore such behavior, simply because a student is only sitting. They enforce the rules of the school and/or classroom. The kid IS a disruption if she refuses to follow the rules. The class is then disrupted until student follows the rules.

And threatened her? Telling a kid to put the phone down, put it away, or to leave the classroom - these are "threats" now?

I hope your post was a joke!

“She really hadn’t done anything wrong. She said she took her phone out, but it was only for a quick second"

You call that a class disruption? And the confrontations by teacher and administrator and fuzz not?

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 04:49 PM
You call that a class disruption? And the confrontations by teacher and administrator and fuzz not?

It was her refusing to follow the rules after she was caught with the phone that was the disruption. Same as if a kid was caught chewing gum - there are consequences, and they aren't just going to ignore it because a kid doesn't feel it was a bad offense. She refused over and over to leave - THAT was the disruption. No overreach on a teacher wanting her to follow the rules or leave the classroom. Nothing wrong at all with an administrator wanting her out of a classroom if not listening to her teacher. The cop was overboard with his use of force. But that hardly means this girl was an angel. She DID break the rules. She DID refuse to listen to her teacher. She DID refuse to listen to an administrator. She DID refuse to listen to a police officer. School is not a place of a kid to somehow show "civil disobedience". Kids aren't somehow entitled to be in these schools and entitled to do as they please. There are rules to be followed, however small.

The kid was still wrong in her actions. She should be expelled for her actions, IMO.

Elessar
10-29-2015, 05:08 PM
I see many of the USCG recruits at USO. Almost every Tuesday, they go through our facility at the Philly airport on their way to begin their career at Cape May. The look so young. Some look nervous, and others look like they are trying to act tough, but they all look young.

We take good care of them...:salute:

That is so cool, Abby - Bless You.

They are nervous..the tough looking ones get smacked down fast when they get off the bus.
Did not screw with My Gym staff either.

I remember that place Red Cap, I think.

Elessar
10-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Can her White House invite be far off? :rolleyes:

Personal audience with Al Sharpton

Gunny
10-29-2015, 05:25 PM
That is so cool, Abby - Bless You.

They are nervous..the tough looking ones get smacked down fast when they get off the bus.
Did not screw with My Gym staff either.

I remember that place Red Cap, I think.

You own a gym? Where do I apply? That'd be as good almost as being a Marine.

Elessar
10-29-2015, 05:35 PM
You own a gym? Where do I apply? That'd be as good almost as being a Marine.

Oh no..just an axe and bunches of yard and hand tools.

I meant the Gym at the Recruit Training Center!:rolleyes:

Trigg
10-29-2015, 06:30 PM
I argued with a friend over this video.

The cop is calm through out the altercation with the student. He asked her to get up, she refused. I ask..... what was he then supposed to do?

The student was asked by the teacher to give up her phone, SHE refused. He told her to go to the office, SHE refused. He called in an administrator to remove her, SHE refused. The officer was called in and asked her to leave the classroom, AGAIN, She refused.

She had to be removed from the classroom. This girl had ample opportunity to listen. If adults can't keep control, they have chaos.

I have 4 kids and if I saw my child in that video, I'd be pissed. AT MY CHILD. Because the first question I would have would WHAT were they doing that caused the situation in the first place.

Perianne
10-29-2015, 06:32 PM

The cop is calm through out the altercation with the student. He asked her to get up, she refused. I ask..... what was he then supposed to do?

The student was asked by the teacher to give up her phone, SHE refused. He told her to go to the office, SHE refused. He called in an administrator to remove her, SHE refused. The officer was called in and asked her to leave the classroom, AGAIN, She refused.

She had to be removed from the classroom. This girl had ample opportunity to listen. If adults can't keep control, they have chaos.

I have 4 kids and if I saw my child in that video, I'd be pissed. AT MY CHILD. Because the first question I would have would WHAT were they doing that caused the situation in the first place.

That is because you are sensible.

Rat
10-29-2015, 07:23 PM
I would had pick up chair with her in it and carried her out of classroom.

Both officer and girl are wrong. She brat who have no respect for anything but he supposed to be adult to make proper decisions. He overreact. Probably let temper get best of him.

namvet
10-29-2015, 10:27 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/12187810_1098156216870343_3784415658221246723_n.jp g?oh=9ecdf51e3c1457dedab71b4736ea3c92&oe=56AFA1FF

indago
10-29-2015, 10:57 PM
“She really hadn’t done anything wrong. She said she took her phone out, but it was only for a quick second"

Maybe she forgot to turn it off and it buzzed in her pocket and she took it out to turn it off, and then put it back into her pocket. The teacher noticed it, and, realizing that it was only a few second incident, could have continued on with her teachings, and then dealt with it after the class was finished. But no! There just HAD to be these disruptive confrontations. Now look at the mess those administrators have created. It's horrendous.

jimnyc
10-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Maybe she forgot to turn it off and it buzzed in her pocket and she took it out to turn it off, and then put it back into her pocket. The teacher noticed it, and, realizing that it was only a few second incident, could have continued on with her teachings, and then dealt with it after the class was finished. But no! There just HAD to be these disruptive confrontations. Now look at the mess those administrators have created. It's horrendous.

And even if for 1/2 of a second - that gives a student the right to defy ALL authority at the school? Defy teachers and even the police? I teach my kid to listen and follow all directions from his teachers and school staff, and most certainly to the police. If we have an issue, that's what administrative complaints and courts are for. I'd rather my kid learn the legal way to handle things as opposed to being someone who thinks he is entitled to do as he pleases and where he pleases.

And you start this post with "maybe". Maybe we should stick with the facts as we know them, instead of trying to find ways to excuse her behavior?

To each their own though.

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 11:38 AM

Doesn't matter. She broke the rules and the decision was made to remove her from class. From that point on, she HAD to be removed from class, or else she and her classmates would have zero respect for the rules. Open rebellion would soon follow.

You'd know how that works if you were a parent. When the chips are down, ultimately force will be utilized in the face of defiance.

The cop got a raw deal by doing his job.

If that had been my kid, she would not have an ass left. There is no way in hell they'd ever do something like that to a teacher because they respect them & their authority by proper upbringing. I've always told my kids to follow the rules and their teacher's instructions - within reason - and to come and tell me afterwards about the incident. If the kids had a legitimate claim of getting a raw deal, they know I've got their back and will be driving down to the school to raise some hell face-to-face.

Gunny
10-30-2015, 01:40 PM
I would had pick up chair with her in it and carried her out of classroom.

Both officer and girl are wrong. She brat who have no respect for anything but he supposed to be adult to make proper decisions. He overreact. Probably let temper get best of him.

The situation would never have happened had she just followed the rules.

The cop reacted the way he is trained to. They've done it for decades. It's only NOW become a problem because the left and blacks have once again reinvented the issue of race with a fresh coat of paint.

Abbey Marie
10-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Exactly what I asked earlier in the thread.

Abbey Marie
10-30-2015, 01:45 PM

You are assuming facts to throw the best light possible on the girl, and the worst light possible on the authorities. Personally, I think your scenario is a stretch.

Trigg
10-30-2015, 01:49 PM
http://www.phillyvoice.com/nj-students-classroom-attack-paterson-goes-viral-months-later/

Just for comparison here is another incident where a teacher asked the polite honor student to give up his phone. This one didn't make the news because it doesn't fit the narrative of racist white people.

Strangely, this video of a black student body slamming a 62 year old white teacher to the ground for taking his cell phone never went viral. There was no hand wringing over it. No attention paid to it. No outrage. No discussion of "white on black" violence. No conversation about the very real epidemic of students physically assaulting their teachers. Nobody calling this teenager a "monster" and a "bully" for committing felony assault against an innocent man. No hashtags. No mentions by the Black Lives Matter crew. No coverage on MSNBC or CNN or anywhere else. Just crickets.

Gunny
10-30-2015, 01:57 PM
You are assuming facts to throw the best light possible on the girl, and the worst light possible on the authorities. Personally, I think your scenario is a stretch.

Remember back in the 70s when the needle would get stuck and skip and you could listen to SAME OLD LINE over and over and over? =Indago.

Elessar
10-30-2015, 08:19 PM

Maybe....my hiney-hole....

You make a lot of biased assumptions.
Why didn't the little brat turn it off before entering class?

If what you suggested was the case....this thing would never have come up.

indago
10-31-2015, 05:56 AM
(Whine... ...snivel... ...snivel... ...whine...)

Same Ol' Same Ol'...

jimnyc
10-31-2015, 06:49 AM
Look at this poor young lad, had his phone taken away by the teacher - and was now forced to assault him in order to retrieve it. Why do the teachers make such disruptions? Maybe this kid only had it out for a second, and now the teacher allows an assault to take place in his classroom!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=adf969274f57" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gunny
10-31-2015, 08:02 AM
Look at this poor young lad, had his phone taken away by the teacher - and was now forced to assault him in order to retrieve it. Why do the teachers make such disruptions? Maybe this kid only had it out for a second, and now the teacher allows an assault to take place in his classroom!!

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=adf969274f57" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

How DARE he want to teach class in school?

Jeff
10-31-2015, 08:13 AM

But the kid wasn't, whites don't have the privilege of threatening to kill cops, to running around rioting and screaming white lives matter. Was this over the top, yea I think so, but where does it all stop, I think it was Jim posted a black woman refusing to be taken into custody, a month back another black woman fought the cop because she thought she was right. How about if the cop wants to lock you up go with it and have your day in court. The hood is not court, ya can't just do as you please, if the cop ask you to get up out of the desk do so. ( and lets not forget, schools usually don't call the police cause the child was being disruptive ) so what did this little darling do to have the cops called in the first place. Again its real simple, don't break the law and you don't have issues with the police.

Jeff
10-31-2015, 08:17 AM

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=adf969274f57" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

This shit is going over the top, now if the white teacher had hit the kid, well he is wrong, its a no win situation for all, as long as we have the likes of Holder, Obama, Sharpton and Jackson this sheot is just going to keep getting worse until this nice black folks are rioting in the streets and calling on their brothers to kill cops and whitey, ooo wait we are all ready there. :rolleyes:

Gunny
10-31-2015, 08:27 AM
But the kid wasn't, whites don't have the privilege of threatening to kill cops, to running around rioting and screaming white lives matter. Was this over the top, yea I think so, but where does it all stop, I think it was Jim posted a black woman refusing to be taken into custody, a month back another black woman fought the cop because she thought she was right. How about if the cop wants to lock you up go with it and have your day in court. The hood is not court, ya can't just do as you please, if the cop ask you to get up out of the desk do so. ( and lets not forget, schools usually don't call the police cause the child was being disruptive ) so what did this little darling do to have the cops called in the first place. Again its real simple, don't break the law and you don't have issues with the police.

I will repeat just for indago. I don't like cops and I think they're over the top. But in almost every instance, you have some brain-dead fool creating the situation to begin with, then escalating. I don't have to like their tactics to understand them. The left is responsible for creating this mess.

All they do is bitch about Civil Rights and Black Lies Matter but they'll sit and watch COPS for hours and think it's just fine. I've made threads over the show for years and couldn't even watch it for years. The left wants authority to protect them and maintain order, but whine and bitch when order is maintained.

I don't need a cop to protect me (as in show up 20 minutes later to investigate who killed me). I don't need one around to tell me what to do, nor look for excuses to collect revenue for the state via citation. All of that crap is a product of wips who are incapable of being responsible and taking care of themselves.

You fight with a cop, you get what you get.

indago
10-31-2015, 08:58 AM
All of that crap is a product of wips who are incapable of being responsible and taking care of themselves.

"wips", is that an acronym for something?

indago
10-31-2015, 09:02 AM
09:27 AM - Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?30-Gunny) mentioned indago (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?3381-indago) in post Is This An Over The Top Reaction? (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=774522#post774522)

Was that an HONORABLE MENTION?

Gunny
10-31-2015, 09:12 AM
"wips", is that an acronym for something?

No. Technically speaking, I think my computer is doing the same thing my phone does ... that auto-spell crap is PURE crap. You used to could turn it off. My typing skills are fine as well as my spelling. But ever since I've been with this ISP, words come up missing or misspelled. It's annoying as Hell. I don't get on the board to re-read my own posts.

indago
10-31-2015, 09:13 AM
No. Technically speaking, I think my computer is doing the same thing my phone does ... that auto-spell crap is PURE crap. You used to could turn it off. My typing skills are fine as well as my spelling. But ever since I've been with this ISP, words come up missing or misspelled. It's annoying as Hell. I don't get on the board to re-read my own posts.

Excuses, excuses....

Gunny
10-31-2015, 09:17 AM
Excuses, excuses....

Depends on which side of the explanation you are on what you call it. ;)

Jeff
11-01-2015, 09:22 AM
I seen this and was going to start a thread, but I believe this fits in this thread very well. A Black man pulled over by a white cop while he had a gun on his side , OMG you know those dam racist cops killed him, nope , the young man treated the cops with respect and he in return got the same. Funny thing how that works, treat people the way you want to be treated :rolleyes: how stupid after all we all know the blacks are far superior and should be allowed to do as they please.:rolleyes: This article tells of a young man that proves all this BS about cops are out to kill the blacks and ooo the poor blacks are always mistreated.

Now with that said are there racist or crooked cops, absolutely. But the bad cops are not all about just getting the poor blacks, some are just stupid and think they are something special because they have a badge, and yes there are some that are racist, but all this BS of people threatening or calling for folks to kill cops ( and whitey ) is getting real old. Not all cops are bad. Heck Friday night my wife and another couple went out to dinner and it was pretty late on the way home, we came down a 4 lane road that is dark as hell ( I don't think they have one street light on it between one town and another ) I was in the right lane running 5 over ( 70 mph ) and I seen a car coming hard in the hammer lane, yup he flew by me and then all of a sudden this cop that was heading the other way did the flip, but when he came out of the medium he was not heading head on with me in the right lane, and a second car was behind me. Thank God this took place with me driving and not some young kid or a elderly couple because I threw the car onto the shoulder and even into the grass and we missed the cop, but this idiot was just a idiot, he almost killed four innocent people for a speeding ticket, the moral of the story is I didn't get on TV and call for folks to kill cops, I didn't stop and shoot him, I called and made a complaint ( and yes I am sure it will be filed under CS, Chicken shit ) but just because he was a complete ass that didn't give me the right to be one as well.

A Facebook post about one African-American man’s interaction with his local police officers has gone viral for all the right reasons.Steven Hildreth, Jr. is an African-American man who lives in Tucson, Arizona. He also happens to carry a concealed firearm wherever he goes (don’t worry he also has a permit) and he recently had a run-in with his local police because one of his vehicle’s headlights was out. After the confrontation, Hildreth, Jr. took to Facebook to tell his friends (and a lot of other people too) exactly what just took place and why he doesn’t buy into the rhetoric of the #BlackLivesMatter crowd.

http://eaglerising.com/25692/african-american-man-gets-pulled-over-then-publishes-epic-facebook-rant-about-cops/

Gunny
11-01-2015, 09:31 AM
I seen this and was going to start a thread, but I believe this fits in this thread very well. A Black man pulled over by a white cop while he had a gun on his side , OMG you know those dam racist cops killed him, nope , the young man treated the cops with respect and he in return got the same. Funny thing how that works, treat people the way you want to be treated :rolleyes: how stupid after all we all know the blacks are far superior and should be allowed to do as they please.:rolleyes: This article tells of a young man that proves all this BS about cops are out to kill the blacks and ooo the poor blacks are always mistreated.

Now with that said are there racist or crooked cops, absolutely. But the bad cops are not all about just getting the poor blacks, some are just stupid and think they are something special because they have a badge, and yes there are some that are racist, but all this BS of people threatening or calling for folks to kill cops ( and whitey ) is getting real old. Not all cops are bad. Heck Friday night my wife and another couple went out to dinner and it was pretty late on the way home, we came down a 4 lane road that is dark as hell ( I don't think they have one street light on it between one town and another ) I was in the right lane running 5 over ( 70 mph ) and I seen a car coming hard in the hammer lane, yup he flew by me and then all of a sudden this cop that was heading the other way did the flip, but when he came out of the medium he was not heading head on with me in the right lane, and a second car was behind me. Thank God this took place with me driving and not some young kid or a elderly couple because I threw the car onto the shoulder and even into the grass and we missed the cop, but this idiot was just a idiot, he almost killed four innocent people for a speeding ticket, the moral of the story is I didn't get on TV and call for folks to kill cops, I didn't stop and shoot him, I called and made a complaint ( and yes I am sure it will be filed under CS, Chicken shit ) but just because he was a complete ass that didn't give me the right to be one as well.

http://eaglerising.com/25692/african-american-man-gets-pulled-over-then-publishes-epic-facebook-rant-about-cops/

There's ALREADY a thread with story Mr AWOL. Perhaps if you'd show the f- up every once in awhile, you'd know that. And I'm getting tired of talking to your brother. Sunday comes around and I get NFL drool on my screen from his posts. :laugh:

Jeff
11-01-2015, 09:52 AM
There's ALREADY a thread with story Mr AWOL. Perhaps if you'd show the f- up every once in awhile, you'd know that. And I'm getting tired of talking to your brother. Sunday comes around and I get NFL drool on my screen from his posts. :laugh:

Yea I just seen in a thread where he was begging for everyone to behave so he could watch his Steelers :laugh:

Been sick, been busy and then been sick again Bro, but hopefully things are getting right and I can get back on some more.

Gunny
11-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Yea I just seen in a thread where he was begging for everyone to behave so he could watch his Steelers :laugh:

Been sick, been busy and then been sick again Bro, but hopefully things are getting right and I can get back on some more.

Yeah, I got that one too. I'm going to find out what time the Steelers game comes on and wreck this place. :laugh2: I don't get Steelers games so I won't have anything else to do.

jimnyc
11-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Game is on at 1pm, and I'm on my 7th cup of coffee. I'm afraid if I drink too much that I may come down and crash and fall asleep. I started my coffee binge at 6:30, not realizing I started at 5:30 because of the clock change.