PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaking choices and ethical dilemmas

WiccanLiberal
10-27-2015, 08:59 PM
http://wtkr.com/2015/10/27/parents-allow-5-year-old-to-choose-heaven-or-hospital/

Parents allow 5-year-old to choose ‘heaven or hospital,’ honor girl’s wishes
Take the time to read the entire article. It is an excellent analysis of opposing ethical views about end of life choices. The parents of a child with an ultimately fatal illness are making some of the hardest choices human beings have to make. The ethicists and others who weigh in make some valid points. However, I have to absolutely praise the parents for MAKING a choice. For being proactive in finding a choice that works for their family. Too many families refuse to face the reality that life ends and that we should, when we know it is coming, be able to speak to how we wish to meet it. Fight as hard as you wish or allow it to take us quietly but make it a choice.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2015, 09:18 PM
http://wtkr.com/2015/10/27/parents-allow-5-year-old-to-choose-heaven-or-hospital/

Parents allow 5-year-old to choose ‘heaven or hospital,’ honor girl’s wishes
Take the time to read the entire article. It is an excellent analysis of opposing ethical views about end of life choices. The parents of a child with an ultimately fatal illness are making some of the hardest choices human beings have to make. The ethicists and others who weigh in make some valid points. However, I have to absolutely praise the parents for MAKING a choice. For being proactive in finding a choice that works for their family. Too many families refuse to face the reality that life ends and that we should, when we know it is coming, be able to speak to how we wish to meet it. Fight as hard as you wish or allow it to take us quietly but make it a choice.

A nightmare to have to face. Not sure I'd know what the hell to do if it were my child.
But Justin is almost 9 so his thoughts on it would carry far more weight and he knows about God, Jesus and Heaven and what death is. -tYR