PDA

View Full Version : When I'm Gone...

red state
10-28-2015, 01:08 AM
Please pray for this family....

http://www.countrymusicrocks.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Joey-+-Rory-CountryMusicRocks.net_.png

Very soon, the world will be, once again, a much sadder, darker world after losing this delightful Christian lady. I can't imagine having the strength of her....or her husband as he has faced cancer TWICE within the past two years with his mom in 2014 and now his wife has now been sent home with a cancer that the doctors can no longer help battle. They did just recently win "Mainstream Country duo of the year" awards as a Christian/Inspirational Music duo so please enjoy this song...

https://youtu.be/xcpjSMmWUDw?t=17

In her words, Joey came home, not to die, but to LIVE.

You can learn more about them at: http://thislifeilive.com/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Amazing link, pictures and inspiring story.
Life is about living and also about dying.
Great sadness in this story but inspiring hope is there too. Tyr

red state
10-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Perhaps I am more negative than most others but I argue with my wife that I am merely REALISTIC, not negative, when it comes to most things. In this case, I may very well be NEGATIVE because I could only think of one thing to a GREAT degree while viewing all the videos and stories on this lady and that is: We have HELLary and other ilks living long lives full of hate and treason yet a fine lady such as Joey is struck down in her prime. I know what her husband is up for because I lost my mom (at home) while taking care of her during her final days/hours she battled cancer. I can't imagine how devastated her parents must be due to losing her AND their son!!!! I haven't learned any more on them but I truly hope that they have at least one more child. How terrible it must be to outlive ALL of your children.....especially such gifted, outgoing children as their daughter.

Thanks for the response, Tyr; perhaps my sharing this story didn't interrupt too much of the more important topics about how one blows their nose and other extremely important issues that effect us and this Nation. We lose too many GOOD folks that leave too many terrible folks that continue to live lives less productive than this fine lady who will be gone far too soon!!!

Gunny
10-28-2015, 01:32 PM
I do NOT like this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph3PGSVxr7A

Gunny
10-28-2015, 02:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFq1eT9tMJ4

red state
10-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Tyr, you may also enjoy this one.....my wife & I are just 2.5 hours away from this fine lady's lil' country diner and we are now seriously planning to go out and see them and offer some help. Anyone within the Nashville, TN area (or 200 mile proximity is encouraged to also "personally" lend these people some support.....I'm sure they need it.

Anyway, here's the link to the "SEE YOU THE THERE" song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_bwIhnsGo
she did for her brother who passed away....looks like she's going to soon get her wish.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE CRAP THAT Chris Travis put out under the same title on YouTube "See You There"

red state
10-28-2015, 04:06 PM
This is a great one she and her husband (the one who wrote Some Beach) did for those who we've lost to terrorism, disease and other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Ya3YUtg4A

Didn't wish to take up Jim's bandwidth and I believe the links will be plenty effective for those interested.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Wow, what a voice. And the first time I hear of her is also knowing she will be leaving us soon? What a sad story. I hate cancer. Mom 2x, uncle, aunt. Seems to always take the best folks, not sure why that is. :(

This is a great one she and her husband (the one who wrote Some Beach) did for those who we've lost to terrorism, disease and other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Ya3YUtg4A

Didn't wish to take up Jim's bandwidth and I believe the links will be plenty effective for those interested.

Post away, that's only using BW from Youtube's side of the world. :)

red state
10-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Wow, what a voice. And the first time I hear of her is also knowing she will be leaving us soon? What a sad story. I hate cancer. Mom 2x, uncle, aunt. Seems to always take the best folks, not sure why that is. :(

OK, thanks, I believe I got that notion about bandwidth from "another poster/member" who complained about that a year or two ago. Anyway, I suppose I should have known that you had cancer in your family.....or forgot. I have lost my mom, an aunt and uncle to cancer on my side and recently lost my sis-n-law (just 55 years old) to cancer. It is indeed a TERRIBLE disease. This lady most certainly didn't allow grass to grow under her feet and what a cute lil' country restaurant on top of a short but promising singing career.

Glad you got some good out of the thread, Jim, but it would be grand if something good came out of this for the one's the thread was intended. No money or anything.....just support and prayers *(and, if possible, a visit that some of us could make in a matter of a day or much less travel just to let them know that there are those who care. My wife is wanting to go badly so we may gear up, hit Nashville area this weekend and then go see the mountain colors. If we only leave a letter that was personally delivered, I believe this will mean a LOT to them.

Gunny
10-28-2015, 05:28 PM

Both grandmothers and their sisters x 4. Cancer sucks. What's worse for me is in MY family, you die of heart disease or cancer and I don't have any signs of heart disease. I feel for anyone that has had to deal with it.

darin
10-29-2015, 12:14 AM
I find myself a little jealous of the love they share. They've found in life what others search for. God bless them - God be with them.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-29-2015, 09:22 AM
Tyr, you may also enjoy this one.....my wife & I are just 2.5 hours away from this fine lady's lil' country diner and we are now seriously planning to go out and see them and offer some help. Anyone within the Nashville, TN area (or 200 mile proximity is encouraged to also "personally" lend these people some support.....I'm sure they need it.

Anyway, here's the link to the "SEE YOU THE THERE" song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_bwIhnsGo
she did for her brother who passed away....looks like she's going to soon get her wish.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE CRAP THAT Chris Travis put out under the same title on YouTube "See You There"

Truly fantastic singer and I must say--What a beautiful woman!!
She looks like she just may have some Native American blood in her , I always have been a sucker for that look myself. Must be in my DNA , since I am of that bloodline myself.. -Tyr

red state
10-29-2015, 02:52 PM
She looks like she just may have some Native American blood in her , I always have been a sucker for that look myself. Must be in my DNA , since I am of that bloodline myself.. -Tyr
Agreed....I told my wife the same thing about Joey......all except the being a sucker for that kind of look. HA!!! I believe she is from Indiana, originally, and being from the greatest tribe from one of the most beautiful places in the world, I don't know of many Cherokee-looking gals who come from or had family that made it in that direction. Yankees weren't the most 'tolerant' of Native Americans as you well know.

Her husband hails from Kansas and they both moved to an absolutely lovely spot there in Tennessee (just outside of Nashville to advance her career).

red state
10-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Tyr, she actually looks a great deal like my sis-n-law, who passed away of cancer last year. My wife has more of the Irish in her but her half-sister took after their Native American side. It is a shame that such a wonderful person like Joey, with such promise, can't pass this dreaded disease on to someone deserving of it but God must surely have a purpose in taking her, my mom, my aunt and sis-n-law and leaving the likes of HELLary.

red state
11-10-2015, 09:50 AM
I find myself a little jealous of the love they share. They've found in life what others search for. God bless them - God be with them.

Looks as though God is anxious to have her "Home" for Christmas. After the Thursday night prayer vigil, she was experiencing so much pain that they had to go to the ER. She has now been sent home late last week with morphine drips and a hospice nurse. The husband says that he will be there for her and is so relieved that God has answered his prayers......although not granting his request. I truly believe God has reached many through this awful experience but I'd still rather see a HELLary or B.O. go through this instead of good (REAL) Americans.