PDA

View Full Version : Is Ben back?

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 11:39 AM
The talk from Tomlin yesterday was that Ben will be back this weekend, and without any limitations.

Today Ben himself is downplaying things a little, saying he isn't getting his hopes up for Sunday. WTF? You better be back ya bastard!!! This is Cincy we're playing, and the team needs ya!!

-----

Is Ben back?

Does Ben Roethlisberger think he will be good to go on Sunday vs. Cincinnati?

Ben Roethlisberger plans on going full tilt at practice today, working with his receivers this week with the mindset of playing this Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field, but also knowing that he has to wait and see how the knee reacts to the workload.

“We’re going to go out there and give it a go today and see where it goes from there,” said Roethlisberger. “We have to take it one day at a time. That’s why I’m not getting my hopes up about Sunday. I’m going to get my hopes up for today and go out and see how it goes today.”

Roethlisberger said he wants, likely more than anyone, to be back out on the field. He doesn’t have any concerns about playing after missing the last four games with a sprained MCL, including not worrying about wearing a brace. He said he can’t be concerned, it’s not the way to approach the game.

“I can’t afford to have one,” said Roethlisberger of being concerned about the brace. “I’m not going to think about it. I have been wearing (the brace) to work out, to do some things in, just to try and get used to it. I have never wore one before. It’s definitely something new. I am not going to think about it.”

Roethlisberger returned to practice in a limited fashion last week with the hopes of being ready for the Steelers game against Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium. While he said there is no pain now, he wasn’t able to go against the Chiefs because of the knee.

“I think it was more just a pain, an inflammation setback,” said Roethlisberger. “I don’t think it was a negative injury, or more of an injury type of setback. It was just putting an extra heavy load on it and paying for it that night. Just with achiness, inflammation, things like that.

“It was more disappointment, I think. Once I got the reassurance from the doctors that I didn’t do anything to hurt the MCL, the bone bruise, it was just simple overuse. The inflammation, the swelling, that’s naturally going to happen. Once I got through the initial shock of worrying that something happened, then I was fine with it.”

While Roethlisberger is more anxious than anyone to return to game again, he knows he can only play if the knee is ready to go and there won’t be any restrictions on his mobility.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Is-Ben-back/d6f4a1bd-d795-4561-afc9-69219d1bcea5

gabosaurus
10-28-2015, 12:03 PM
My Steelers superfan friend believes Ben is coming back too soon. That his effectiveness is based on his mobility and ability to find open receivers. If his mobility is hampered, he can be a sitting duck.
At the same time, I am guessing that just his presence in the lineup will give the Steelers a boost.

Black Diamond
10-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Yeah I think you need him bad.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Yeah I think you need him bad.

Luckily we're still in the drivers seat, if the season ended today they get a wild card. But they aren't staying in that position without Ben going forward.

Black Diamond
10-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Luckily we're still in the drivers seat, if the season ended today they get a wild card. But they aren't staying in that position without Ben going forward.

Agreed. Jones was OK for a a minute.

jimnyc
10-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Agreed. Jones was OK for a a minute.

Neither Vick or Jones are within light years of Ben. I'll give them both credit for keeping the ship afloat and going 2-2 without Ben. But Ben has showed in the past that pain, injuries and limited mobility made no difference to him. For $100 million plus - get your ass on the field!! :towel: