PDA

View Full Version : Banned

Perianne
10-29-2015, 01:13 PM
I keep reading about all the people who have been banned. Have you ever been banned and will you admit what it was for?

Gunny
10-29-2015, 01:21 PM
I keep reading about all the people who have been banned. Have you ever been banned and will you admit what it was for?

This is a question? :smoke:

I've been banned for being the nicest guy EVER.:laugh:

Just be careful with this one. Unless the rules have changed, mentioning members' names who are actually banned is against the rules.

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 01:24 PM
This is a question? :smoke:

I've been banned for being the nicest guy EVER.:laugh:

Just be careful with this one. Unless the rules have changed, mentioning members' names who are actually banned is against the rules.

We never had that rule here. You're free to mention folks like Pale Rider, OCA and Maineman. :laugh:

Gunny
10-29-2015, 01:39 PM
We never had that rule here. You're free to mention folks like Pale Rider, OCA and Maineman. :laugh:

Poor PR. He just can't get a break. :laugh: Kept trying to get me to make him a mod. I'm like "yeah, right". I always got along with him as a person, but his drawers were a tad bit too tight from MY POV. :laugh:

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 01:44 PM
Poor PR. He just can't get a break. :laugh: Kept trying to get me to make him a mod. I'm like "yeah, right". I always got along with him as a person, but his drawers were a tad bit too tight from MY POV. :laugh:

The boy had a few issues, and tried to park them on my front door. He turned a 24 into a permanent REAL fast. 24 ain't so bad, hell, I once banned myself for 24!! Well, the software really wouldn't let me, but I officially banned myself and didn't come back for 24. Some members were very happy that day!

Gunny
10-29-2015, 01:51 PM
The boy had a few issues, and tried to park them on my front door. He turned a 24 into a permanent REAL fast. 24 ain't so bad, hell, I once banned myself for 24!! Well, the software really wouldn't let me, but I officially banned myself and didn't come back for 24. Some members were very happy that day!

Yeah he went off the clock TOO quick and was very one-sided. I actually got along with Maineman once he figured out he wasn't boss. I think he was ManfromMain on USMB.

And I banned myself. :laugh: Was shutting down on this tard's proxy IPs and I moved and found I had banned my new IP. :laugh:

CSM
10-29-2015, 01:55 PM
Ben banned from some of the best/worst bars in the world. Can't remember what for.

gabosaurus
10-29-2015, 03:07 PM
I have been banned a few times for sporadic outbreaks of BPBD (Bi Polar Bitch Disorder). :rolleyes:

Jim has been fairly consistent about enforcing forum rules. He even banned one of his brothers once.

Pale was banned for being drunk on duty. OCA, Maineman and ChessWar were all banned for being disrespectful asshats.

Gunny
10-29-2015, 03:17 PM
I have been banned a few times for sporadic outbreaks of BPBD (Bi Polar Bitch Disorder). :rolleyes:

Jim has been fairly consistent about enforcing forum rules. He even banned one of his brothers once.

Pale was banned for being drunk on duty. OCA, Maineman and ChessWar were all banned for being disrespectful asshats.

Haven't been around long. have you? Jim's banned both his brothers more than once, and if he didn't ban his sister, he pissed her off good enough to never come back and that was around 03.

And I forgot about Dan. Who knows where he ran off to. If I was actually related to Jim, Jeff and John I'd probably run my ass off too.:laugh:

Hell, I'd feel adopted. Only kid in the family whose name doesn't start with a "J".

Christie Brinkley
10-29-2015, 03:34 PM
It seems the most bustling forums have the strictest mods? Why don't people leave?

Gunny
10-29-2015, 03:48 PM
It seems the most bustling forums have the strictest mods? Why don't people leave?

Not so simple. I ran USMB for about 5 years. Once it was over 1k posts a day I needed help. Add in the "when the cat's away the mice will play" factor. I had NO idea about all the behind the scenes crap going on. And the mods were part and parcel to the problem. When it got to 3k posts a day I was just burned out.

Then there's cross-advertising. Professional board owns cross advertise. Too bad if your other boards have nothing to do with politics. Let's get the gamblers in from our gambling board. Except they're ignorant as Hell and all they do is personally attack people.

And some people just show up to be a-holes. That's what they do. I can name a few. One has suddenly reappeared from nowhere. People with no real balls in real life like to come on the internet and lie, manipulate, and otherwise others. I can't tell you the why of that. Just that they are there.

hjmick
10-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Ben banned from some of the best/worst bars in the world. Can't remember what for.

Who's Ben? Sounds like a party animal...

I haven't been banned anywhere.

Black Diamond
10-29-2015, 04:25 PM

We can fix that

Noir
10-29-2015, 04:26 PM
A few places, mostly religious forums of various faiths, a few politics forums with poor moderation, and some fun ones.

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 04:51 PM

People like "the fight", and they can find that at such places. Others may not enjoy the fact that they can't easily be a martyr here. But it's normal for folks to gravitate to the places with the most posts/activity.

Drummond
10-29-2015, 04:52 PM
A few places, mostly religious forums of various faiths, a few politics forums with poor moderation, and some fun ones.

I was banned from one British forum, one that suffered extremely poor moderation. The moderation in question was unashamedly Left wing, so obviously, my being banned as a consequence of it was only a matter of time.

Terrible moderation, to be sure.

Still, it took them six weeks to get around to it. I'm amazed I lasted there that long.

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 04:53 PM

I got an itchy finger, I ever banned either of you before? :laugh: :beer:

hjmick
10-29-2015, 04:57 PM

Noir volunteers. He's young and resilient, he can bounce back quickly from such an injury. Me? It could take me months to recuperate...

Elessar
10-29-2015, 04:58 PM

Now That was funny! You got it in you, M'Lady!

Elessar
10-29-2015, 05:02 PM
I've never been banned - threatened, yes....then I IM'ed them and asked WTF...we resolved.

I owned my own Forum (Bilgerat and Shelly were Mods for me) , was an Admin in another and Mod in another.

None of those are pleasant at times, but gotta keep the Riff-Raff under control

Black Diamond
10-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Noir volunteers. He's young and resilient, he can bounce back quickly from such an injury. Me? It could take me months to recuperate...

If anyone banned you, the moderator or admin would have an attack-trained parrot gouge out their eyes in a "random act".

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 05:09 PM

Nothing a beer wouldn't cure!!

hjmick
10-29-2015, 05:10 PM
If anyone banned you, the moderator or admin would have an attack-trained parrot gouge out their eyes in a "random act".

Nah... I have Jim's phone number and my dogs wake me up around 3:30 every morning... After four or five days of a yapping Papillon in his year at 3:40am, he'd lift the ban...

hjmick
10-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Nothing a beer wouldn't cure!!

True, but beers are better in the company of entertaining folk and good conversation...

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 05:17 PM
Nah... I have Jim's phone number and my dogs wake me up around 3:30 every morning... After four or five days of a yapping Papillon in his year at 3:40am, he'd lift the ban...

Ban lifted if I have to be up at 3:40! But I'm semi-used to it with the Chihuahua who sometimes starts tap dancing at such horrid hours. I look at him like 'you have GOT to be kidding me'. Reminds me of this I read earlier - ya gotta go read this... http://www.boredpanda.com/baby-vs-cat-oatmeal-comics/

Gunny
10-29-2015, 05:19 PM

Wuss.

Gunny
10-29-2015, 05:21 PM

DISCRIMINATION! I feel left out. :laugh:

Perianne
I have never been banned from anywhere, either. I wonder what I would have to do?

hjmick
Wuss.

Not really, I've just managed to stay barely on the right side of the line...

It's an art...

Gunny
10-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Damned parrots....

hjmick
10-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Ban lifted if I have to be up at 3:40! But I'm semi-used to it with the Chihuahua who sometimes starts tap dancing at such horrid hours. I look at him like 'you have GOT to be kidding me'. Reminds me of this I read earlier - ya gotta go read this... http://www.boredpanda.com/baby-vs-cat-oatmeal-comics/

Dude! I love that comic, I read it the other day. I have The Oatmeal bookmarked, it's a great website. It's where I found the My dog: the paradox comic.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

You should visit The Oatmeal often...

Noir
10-29-2015, 05:45 PM
The moderation in question was unashamedly Left wing, so obviously, my being banned as a consequence of it was only a matter of time.

I've been banned from "leftwing" political forums, the 'left or right' doesn't matter, poor quality staff is they key factor.

I'm too patriotic to get banned :salute:

Wasn't that PaleRiders plan?...didn't work out :laugh:

hjmick
10-29-2015, 05:54 PM

He was just nuts, that's not a plan...

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 06:07 PM
DISCRIMINATION! I feel left out. :laugh:

I should ban all of you bastards and then make you all watch my talk to myself!

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 06:11 PM
I have never been banned from anywhere, either. I wonder what I would have to do?

If you go to DU, all you need to do is introduce yourself and they'll ban you! :)

Usually those that have no interest at all in the subjects, and only want to make others miserable, they end up getting 86'd, depending on where you are. Here? Not easy. But I think when it happens, almost everyone can agree it's deserved.

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 06:15 PM
I've been banned from "leftwing" political forums, the 'left or right' doesn't matter, poor quality staff is they key factor.

I'm too patriotic to get banned :salute:

Yet another member that wanted me dead! He was not only calling me to wish me well, he was going to introduce me to his buddies the 'Vagos'!

And you don't get banned as you don't even come close to breaking rules. It's important that we mold young folks that are confused, such as yourself, and hopefully turn you into a good conservative some day. :)

gabosaurus
10-29-2015, 06:44 PM

On some boards, not much at all.
On one board I went to, the admin had to approve your first 10 posts before they went on the board. Then you were on "probation" for another 40 posts. It was because the admin wanted strict control over everything. His list of forum rules was remarkable. There was a list of people who could not argued with or slighted in any way. Several topics were off limits. I didn't last long. :laugh:

I have been banned from numerous conservative boards, Yahoo chat, AP political forum and Democratic Underground.

My favorite banning came on a "flame board" that was supposedly unmoderated and nothing was off limits. It was quite fun for a couple of weeks. One day this woman went off on me and I responded with a picture of a pig in a bikini and a few choice comments. The next day, I discovered that I was banned. Found out that I had insulted the board owner's girlfriend. Oops... :cool:

Drummond
10-29-2015, 09:06 PM

-- Just join a British Leftie forum :eek: ! Nothing simpler ... if they can't tolerate me for long, chances are that a lot of people here would 'suffer' similar fates ....

Drummond
10-29-2015, 09:09 PM
I've been banned from "leftwing" political forums

SERIOUSLY ???

, the 'left or right' doesn't matter, poor quality staff is they key factor.

I also think you'll find that the ILLiberal nature of 'liberals' plays its own part, Noir (.. OK, so that's not British use of 'liberal', but I'm sure you'll understand me ..).

The Left have an aversion to confronting truth, in my experience.

indago
10-29-2015, 11:22 PM
On some boards, not much at all.
On one board I went to, the admin had to approve your first 10 posts before they went on the board. Then you were on "probation" for another 40 posts. It was because the admin wanted strict control over everything. His list of forum rules was remarkable. There was a list of people who could not argued with or slighted in any way. Several topics were off limits. I didn't last long. :laugh:

I have been banned from numerous conservative boards, Yahoo chat, AP political forum and Democratic Underground.

My favorite banning came on a "flame board" that was supposedly unmoderated and nothing was off limits. It was quite fun for a couple of weeks. One day this woman went off on me and I responded with a picture of a pig in a bikini and a few choice comments. The next day, I discovered that I was banned. Found out that I had insulted the board owner's girlfriend. Oops... :cool:

I signed onto a message board a couple of years back and made a few posts. I began to feel that a moderator didn't like what he saw. Somehow, sometimes you just get that feeling. Finally, one Wednesday morning, for laughs, I posted that HumpDay video of the camel. I was permanently banned. Said it was an advertisement: NO ADVERTISEMENTS. Yes, it was an advertisement, but the totality of the video is really humorous.

Somehow, I don't miss not being on that message board...

Little-Acorn
10-30-2015, 12:03 AM

I got thrown out of Princeton's concert band for arguing with the director (in his office with the door closed).

'Zat count?

PixieStix
10-30-2015, 02:17 AM

Nope, never been banned. I did get an infraction once for defending someones right to say Islam is evil. :salute:

Rat
10-30-2015, 02:52 AM
No reason anyone get banned. Rules easy follow. If you no agree rules go other forum.

Jeff
10-30-2015, 07:23 AM
I was :laugh: and yes it was my own fault. Of course at the time it was anyone's fault but my own :laugh:

Jeff
10-30-2015, 07:26 AM
Yet another member that wanted me dead! He was not only calling me to wish me well, he was going to introduce me to his buddies the 'Vagos'!

And you don't get banned as you don't even come close to breaking rules. It's important that we mold young folks that are confused, such as yourself, and hopefully turn you into a good conservative some day. :)

The Vagos wouldn't of let that putz clean there bikes, he is lucky they didn't hear about him using their name to threaten people or he may be taken a dirt nap himself.

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 07:33 AM
I've never been banned, other than when we were testing the function back when USMB was being created.

I have been banned from Al Jazeera's comments section, but they weren't smart enough to IP ban... so I loaded up another profile and went at it again with gusto! Somehow the muzzies didn't appreciate my take on terrorist events.

Black Diamond
10-30-2015, 07:37 AM
I've never been banned, other than when we were testing the function back when USMB was being created.

I have been banned from Al Jazeera's comments section, but they weren't smart enough to IP ban... so I loaded up another profile and went at it again with gusto! Somehow the muzzies didn't appreciate my take on terrorist events.

What'd ya do? Say raghead? :)

Noir
10-30-2015, 07:42 AM
SERIOUSLY ???

I also think you'll find that the ILLiberal nature of 'liberals' plays its own part, Noir (.. OK, so that's not British use of 'liberal', but I'm sure you'll understand me ..).

The Left have an aversion to confronting truth, in my experience.

People don't like having their opinions argued with, when said people are moderators and blur the lines between their forum responsibilities and personal opinions then bans result.

This applies to both 'conservative' and 'liberal' boards, probably the strongest strength of this board is that despite being overly 'rightwing' the moderation group is a step removed from the discussion.

Gunny
10-30-2015, 07:43 AM

S-u-u-u-r-e. It was just a "test".:laugh2:

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 07:44 AM
What'd ya do? Say raghead? :)

I think it had something to do with turning Qatar, Iran and Saudi Arabia into glass parking lots. :dunno:

Black Diamond
10-30-2015, 07:45 AM
I think it had something to do with turning Qatar, Iran and Saudi Arabia into glass parking lots. :dunno:

:laugh:

Gunny
10-30-2015, 07:47 AM

Ummm ... I'm sure you DO realize what temperature you'd have to reach to turn all that sand into glass .........:laugh:

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Ummm ... I'm sure you DO realize what temperature you'd have to reach to turn all that sand into glass .........:laugh:

Well, there was a twofold benefit to my plan. It costs money to store nukes and maintain them. So by reducing our arsenal by 3 nukes, we'd be saving the US Taxpayer money.

I just couldn't see a downside to it.

Gunny
10-30-2015, 07:55 AM
Well, there was a twofold benefit to my plan. It costs money to store nukes and maintain them. So by reducing our arsenal by 3 nukes, we'd be saving the US Taxpayer money.

I just couldn't see a downside to it.

Three ain't going to take that kitty litter box out. The downside would be the nuclear winter you created. We wouldn't survive. Not unless you have an underground bunker that will actually sustain life for a couple of hundred years. :laugh:

I'm more for rounding up ALL our B-52s and reducing our thousand pound bomb arsenal by a few thousand rounds.

Drummond
10-30-2015, 08:03 AM

Well, I dunno. You suggest a cure for their parking problems, and that's the extent of their appreciation ??:rolleyes:

... you just can't help some people .... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gunny
10-30-2015, 08:04 AM
Well, I dunno. You suggest a cure for their parking problems, and that's the extent of their appreciation ??:rolleyes:

... you just can't help some people .... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

How hard do you think it is to park a damned camel in the sand?:laugh:

Drummond
10-30-2015, 08:12 AM
People don't like having their opinions argued with, when said people are moderators and blur the lines between their forum responsibilities and personal opinions then bans result.

Yes, a certain Leftie forum chose to moderate BY applying their political opinions as an arbiter of my fitness to continue on as a member ! So long as what I posted could be fitted into their worldview, or somehow had latitude for defeat, they'd be happy. But .. the unassailability of unwelcome TRUTH will always rattle a Leftie. All too many of them aren't willing to tolerate its expression.

This applies to both 'conservative' and 'liberal' boards, probably the strongest strength of this board is that despite being overly 'rightwing' the moderation group is a step removed from the discussion.

H'm. Well ... the only comment to this that I'm inclined to offer is that the incidence of fairness and tolerance will always be far more easily found, and experienced, on a Right-wing forum than a Leftie one. Lefties expect people to march in lockstep with the leadership they give. This gives significantly less room for meaningful argumentation !!!

Drummond
10-30-2015, 08:14 AM
How hard do you think it is to park a damned camel in the sand?:laugh::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 08:20 AM

Three ain't going to take that kitty litter box out. The downside would be the nuclear winter you created. We wouldn't survive. Not unless you have an underground bunker that will actually sustain life for a couple of hundred years. :laugh:

I'm more for rounding up ALL our B-52s and reducing our thousand pound bomb arsenal by a few thousand rounds.

Well, my intention was to piss all of them off. Pointing out that we'd end up saving a few bucks by reducing our arsenal by 3 probably had a few thousand ragheads ready to burn down cities.

I enjoyed my trolling, yes I did. :smoke:

Gunny
10-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Yes, a certain Leftie forum chose to moderate BY applying their political opinions as an arbiter of my fitness to continue on as a member ! So long as what I posted could be fitted into their worldview, or somehow had latitude for defeat, they'd be happy. But .. the unassailability of unwelcome TRUTH will always rattle a Leftie. All too many of them aren't willing to tolerate its expression.

H'm. Well ... the only comment to this that I'm inclined to offer is that the incidence of fairness and tolerance will always be far more easily found, and experienced, on a Right-wing forum than a Leftie one. Lefties expect people to march in lockstep with the leadership they give. This gives significantly less room for meaningful argumentation !!!

That's the exact reason I ended up leaving that European board. As long as I was the good little lad, I was fine. When I defended another conservative's right to freedom of speech when he actually didn't do anything wrong but disagree in a political debate with a leftwing mod, they tried to start in on me. I actually didn't get banned, but left town ahead of the posse. :laugh:

jimnyc
10-30-2015, 11:03 AM
The Vagos wouldn't of let that putz clean there bikes, he is lucky they didn't hear about him using their name to threaten people or he may be taken a dirt nap himself.

I recall talking to you about this. I never really believed he was any 'part' of them in reality either.

hjmick
10-30-2015, 03:45 PM
I recall talking to you about this. I never really believed he was any 'part' of them in reality either.

Whose reality?

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Whose reality?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W8qcccZy03s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gunny
10-30-2015, 05:11 PM
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W8qcccZy03s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I reject your rejection of his rejection of Jeff's reality on account of MINE's the only reality that counts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckUGdnPNtLU