PDA

View Full Version : little update on my situation

darin
10-29-2015, 03:23 PM
I am 'in-country'. Approaching two weeks in Germany - my mind and body are recovering probably slowly. I underestimated what this move would do to my psyche except I was prepared for the worst I suppose. My kids are in school now and adjusting leaps and bounds faster than they adjusted prior to school - the first week we were hotel-bound largely. I've found a house I think I want to live in; kids are on-board. It's cozy and humble and some parts are pretty nice. It's in the city. The facing street is about 10 feet wide; I think perhaps two Smart for2 cars could fit side-by-side; not much more.

I've attached a few photos of the area - some from a meadow just across the road from our village. A pic of the landscape - the village i'm in isn't quite as rural, but it gives an idea of the terrain Also - a fun pic - as I set the cruise control at 185kph travelling between cities. :) Since then I've found about 150kph is about perfect. I am anxious about REALLY starting work. Wherever I sit I likely will sit for a few years. Settling in. NOT looking every day for jobs online - that's gonna be new. Ya know, I have regularly applied for jobs overseas for probably 12 years. Now I'm here.

Cray-zee. Click for larger

WiccanLiberal
10-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Looks beautiful and you sound busy and happy. Good luck!

indago
10-29-2015, 04:45 PM
I am 'in-country'. Approaching two weeks in Germany...

As long as you're there in Germany, maybe you could look up the Schitt family.

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, a partner of Kneedeep & Schitt, Inc.

Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple begat 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins, Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' wishes, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout.

After 15 years of marriage, Jack & Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later married a Mr. Sherlock, and out of devotion to her children, decided to hyphenate her last name, and became Noe Schitt-Sherlock.

Dip Schitt married a woman named Loda Dung, who became Loda Schitt. The couple produced a nervous son, Chicken Schitt.

Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, inseperable thoughout childhood subsequently married the Happens brothers. The local newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding, which was quite an event. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse.

Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He returned from his travels with his Italian bride, Piza Schitt.

So, now if someone says "You don't know Jack Schitt", you can beg to differ. You not only know Jack Schitt, but everyone on the Schitt list!

jimnyc
10-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Good too see ya!! Glad to see things are settling in, especially for the kids. How's the food?

darin
10-29-2015, 06:22 PM
The food is fantastic - any cuisine we want is here. The Donner Kebabs are amazing :)

gabosaurus
10-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Leben im Deutschland ist gut, nicht wahr? :cheers2:

Trigg
10-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Maybe we will see you next year. Nuc and I are planning a little vaca and Germany is definitely on the list

Drummond
10-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Well, your arrival there dovetails with the influx of immigrants from Syria & elsewhere ! Do you see any sign of strong opinion expressed by the 'locals' about Chancellor Merkel's welcome to them all ?

Hope you settle in well, by the way. Donner Kebabs are pretty much 'routine' in many parts of Europe by now, certainly including my own. I've eaten quite a few myself (though more in London than in Wales ... there was a great shop in the Seven Sisters Road I used to buy them from, in north London, that's been selling them for around a decade, now ..).