PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Cylinder Index?

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 10:20 AM
Heard this on the radio a few years back. The DJ was making fun of the environmentalists who run around moaning about 8-cylinder SUVs, so he started counting all the cylinders he owned in various vehicles & equipment.

For example, my Suburban has a 350 V-8, so that's 8 cylinders.

My lawn mower is a 1-cylinder Honda, so that's another.

After counting up my snowmachines, chainsaws, ATVs, boat, vehicles, generators etc., my Cylinder Index is 54.

And if anyone reports a Cylinder Index of 3 from their Smart Car, you'll be getting a Man-Card Revocation Notice in the mail shortly, you filthy hippie.

Perianne
10-30-2015, 10:30 AM
NightTrain, your mower ain't crap. I've got a V8 lawnmower with headers and high performance cam.

Seriously, I have a 4-cylinder SUV and a lawnmower.

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 11:58 AM
NightTrain, your mower ain't crap. I've got a V8 lawnmower with headers and high performance cam.

Seriously, I have a 4-cylinder SUV and a lawnmower.

Cylinder Index of 5 ain't bad for a girl! :thumb:

Perianne
10-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Cylinder Index of 5 ain't bad for a girl! :thumb:

As I think more about it, I have an electric air pump/tank thingy, and a manual air pump. Wouldn't they both have cylinders? So that makes me up to seven. Do refrigerators and freezers have cylinders to pull vacuums? If so, I have three of those, making my list up to 10!

jimnyc
10-30-2015, 12:05 PM
6 cylinder truck but would like a Dodge Ram 2500, or a Ford Super Duty.... I don't have a lawn mower, but stand by proudly while my landscapers come roaring in with the professional equipment! I now have a generator in my yard that will run once weekly, don't know how many cylinders, I think 3 or 4. I have a small chainsaw, which I never use, but would like to spark it up just to piss the folks off who hate the sound or pollution.

I don't have a lot of cylinders. :( But if it were my choice, I'd have about 200 here or so. Oh, and I need a snow blower REAL soon for my driveway. Do they make them 8' wide and in 8 cylinders?

jimnyc
10-30-2015, 12:06 PM
As I think more about it, I have an electric air pump/tank thingy, and a manual air pump. Wouldn't they both have cylinders? So that makes me up to seven. Do refrigerators and freezers have cylinders to pull vacuums? If so, I have three of those, making my list up to 10!

I have an electric snow blower right now, and I'd like to punch that thing in the face if it had one!

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 12:12 PM

Nope, has to be an internal combustion engine, like a gas or diesel motor. Electric doesn't count.

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 12:13 PM
6 cylinder truck but would like a Dodge Ram 2500, or a Ford Super Duty.... I don't have a lawn mower, but stand by proudly while my landscapers come roaring in with the professional equipment! I now have a generator in my yard that will run once weekly, don't know how many cylinders, I think 3 or 4. I have a small chainsaw, which I never use, but would like to spark it up just to piss the folks off who hate the sound or pollution.

I don't have a lot of cylinders. :( But if it were my choice, I'd have about 200 here or so. Oh, and I need a snow blower REAL soon for my driveway. Do they make them 8' wide and in 8 cylinders?

So, what's Jim's Cylinder Index?

jimnyc
10-30-2015, 12:24 PM
So, what's Jim's Cylinder Index?

Only like 9 or 10 :( I blame the woman though!! (and the local liberals). Can't even run certain things during certain months here, or you get fined!!

NightTrain
10-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Only like 9 or 10 :( I blame the woman though!! (and the local liberals). Can't even run certain things during certain months here, or you get fined!!

That's not bad for a City Boy! I think Jeff will be reporting a higher index, though. Time for Jim to buy a few bikes to boost the stats! lol

Gunny
10-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Heard this on the radio a few years back. The DJ was making fun of the environmentalists who run around moaning about 8-cylinder SUVs, so he started counting all the cylinders he owned in various vehicles & equipment.

For example, my Suburban has a 350 V-8, so that's 8 cylinders.

My lawn mower is a 1-cylinder Honda, so that's another.

After counting up my snowmachines, chainsaws, ATVs, boat, vehicles, generators etc., my Cylinder Index is 54.

And if anyone reports a Cylinder Index of 3 from their Smart Car, you'll be getting a Man-Card Revocation Notice in the mail shortly, you filthy hippie.

Lightweight. 6.0 litre in the truck and 4 hp lawnmower. Can put that Smart Car in the back of my tuck and I'll haul it to the dump for ya. :laugh:

Bilgerat
10-30-2015, 02:17 PM
R/V has 10 cyl
Gen has 1

2 cars & truck = 18

3 lawn mowers, 1 weed whacker & 1 chainsaw = 5

lookin like 34 cylinders here :salute:

sundaydriver
10-30-2015, 05:47 PM
2 cars & 1 truck= 18

mowers, etc. = 8

Total = 26 cylinders

26 cylinders- = 947 horsepower

LongTermGuy
10-31-2015, 12:10 AM
some "cylinders" are supercharged / Blown.....that should count for something....:)

NightTrain
10-31-2015, 07:27 AM
some "cylinders" are supercharged / Blown.....that should count for something....:)

Agreed.

Any engine with a Supercharger gets a bonus of .5 per lung!

I don't have any of those, sadly... mine are all fuel injected or naturally aspirated.

jimnyc
10-31-2015, 07:29 AM
That's not bad for a City Boy! I think Jeff will be reporting a higher index, though. Time for Jim to buy a few bikes to boost the stats! lol

If I had to guess... Truck, car, 2 bikes, ride on mower, push mower... Do guns count for Jeff? :laugh:

NightTrain
10-31-2015, 07:34 AM
Lightweight. 6.0 litre in the truck and 4 hp lawnmower. Can put that Smart Car in the back of my tuck and I'll haul it to the dump for ya. :laugh:

I think you misread me there, Gunny. I don't have a not-so-Smart Car - I have snowmachines putting out more HP than those silly things do. I can see their benefit in places like London or NYC where there isn't any place to park a regular sized vehicle... but that damn sure isn't my situation here in AK.

2 cars & 1 truck= 18

mowers, etc. = 8

Total = 26 cylinders

26 cylinders- = 947 horsepower

I didn't think about the total HP from my Cylinder Index... that should be interesting to figure out.

NightTrain
10-31-2015, 07:44 AM
If I had to guess... Truck, car, 2 bikes, ride on mower, push mower... Do guns count for Jeff? :laugh:

Nay! Guns don't count, either... just internal combustion engines. My index would be a hell of a lot higher than 54 if we started counting guns! lol
Jeff SITREP!

Gunny
10-31-2015, 08:05 AM
I think you misread me there, Gunny. I don't have a not-so-Smart Car - I have snowmachines putting out more HP than those silly things do. I can see their benefit in places like London or NYC where there isn't any place to park a regular sized vehicle... but that damn sure isn't my situation here in AK.

I didn't think about the total HP from my Cylinder Index... that should be interesting to figure out.[/INDENT]

No I didn't. I'm Southern, remember? We us y'all and the ubiquitous "you" a lot. I NEVER pictured YOU as Mr Smart Car.:laugh:

Gunny
10-31-2015, 08:09 AM
Hell I forgot to toss in the 3 little 4-bangers the girls race around town in. I really don't count them. I've one a couple of times and test-drove one to see why the brakes were grinding (go figure THAT on out). When your music is so damned loud you hear the brakes saying "fix me" you got issues. :laugh:

NightTrain
10-31-2015, 08:10 AM
No I didn't. I'm Southern, remember? We us y'all and the ubiquitous "you" a lot. I NEVER pictured YOU as Mr Smart Car.:laugh:

Ahhh roger, roger. My bad!

I usually understand you Suthenas, but every once in a while....

NightTrain
10-31-2015, 08:15 AM
Hell I forgot to toss in the 3 little 4-bangers the girls race around town in. I really don't count them. I've one a couple of times and test-drove one to see why the brakes were grinding (go figure THAT on out). When your music is so damned loud you hear the brakes saying "fix me" you got issues. :laugh:

LOL

Yeah... so on one of my First Dates with my future Ex-Wife, she showed up in her POS Mercury Zephyr and I heard the horrible grinding sound when she hit the brakes. Made me cringe hearing it. I asked her how long the brakes had been making that noise, she responded with a shrug and "oh, about a month now."

I jacked up the front end and pulled the left front tire off, and the rotor fell off in 3 pieces! :laugh:

That's when I should have ended the relationship, in retrospect. That woman cost me well over $200k in vehicle repairs over the years doing stupid things to innocent cars.

Gunny
11-01-2015, 08:32 AM
LOL

Yeah... so on one of my First Dates with my future Ex-Wife, she showed up in her POS Mercury Zephyr and I heard the horrible grinding sound when she hit the brakes. Made me cringe hearing it. I asked her how long the brakes had been making that noise, she responded with a shrug and "oh, about a month now."

I jacked up the front end and pulled the left front tire off, and the rotor fell off in 3 pieces! :laugh:

That's when I should have ended the relationship, in retrospect. That woman cost me well over $200k in vehicle repairs over the years doing stupid things to innocent cars.

I'm trying to figure out what the crap is going on with this damned computer. It's either one of those damned "upgrades" that attach themselves automatically or the keyboard, but I've NEVER had so much trouble typing and I can spell just about anything. But my posts recently have misspellings all over the place which is unsat.

Talk about running on only 7 cylinders. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
11-01-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm trying to figure out what the crap is going on with this damned computer. It's either one of those damned "upgrades" that attach themselves automatically or the keyboard, but I've NEVER had so much trouble typing and I can spell just about anything. But my posts recently have misspellings all over the place which is unsat.

Talk about running on only 7 cylinders. :laugh:

Drink more Coffee...Super-Charge-Yo-self and fix it-self....its not that hard....you can do it!!!:coffee:

Gunny
11-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Drink more Coffee...Super-Charge-Yo-self and fix it-self....its not that hard....you can do it!!!:coffee:

Sure. THAT's what I need to do. Drink more coffee. I act like Jim when I'm coffee'd up. THAT ought to solve the problem. :laugh:

jimnyc
11-01-2015, 10:50 AM

I'm running on about 16 cylinders this morn!! :hyper:

Gunny
11-01-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm running on about 16 cylinders this morn!! :hyper:

Oh great. And the Steelers are playing. Hell I hope they win just because there won't be any living with you for awhile if they lose.

jimnyc
11-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Oh great. And the Steelers are playing. Hell I hope they win just because there won't be any living with you for awhile if they lose.

If they win, I come back hyper but happy. But yeah, if they lose, then I'm an asshole for like 2-3 days.

NightTrain
11-01-2015, 11:19 AM
...then I'm an asshole for like 2-3 days.

I have bad news for you.

jimnyc
11-01-2015, 11:24 AM
I have bad news for you.

Well, they did suck from 1933 until like 1972, so I have time to make up for!! :laugh2:

NightTrain
11-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Well, they did suck from 1933 until like 1972, so I have time to make up for!! :laugh2:

Now that's some funny shit right there, I don't care who you are. :laugh:

Gunny
11-01-2015, 11:32 AM

They actually didn't suck during those years. They may have lost, but the fact is, when you came to play the Steelers you were taking an ass-whipping. That's why I hate it when the defense doesn't show up.

Same thing I hate about Jerry Jones and Dallas. I grew up on the Doomsday Defense. Build your damned defense. If the other team can't score, you can out-maneuver them. I LOVED the Steel Curtain. They were like, run whatever you want. See how it works. They only missed 5 in a row due to injuries in 75.