PDA

View Full Version : Cats are neurotic - and probably trying to kill you, say researchers

jimnyc
10-31-2015, 11:32 AM
See that, we were all right!!

-----

They are well loved for their immaculate fluffy coats and unique personalities but new research suggests cats do have a much darker side.

A study carried out between the University of Edinburgh and Bronx Zoo compared our beloved domestic cat with its wilder relatives.

Compared with the snow leopard, the Scottish wildcat and the African lion, researchers found these larger predators shared similar characteristics of aggression and neurotic behaviour to domestic cats.

Dominance, impulsiveness and neurotic behaviour are the most common trait shared between the domestic cat and the wild cat.

The researchers used a testing method known as the 'Big Five' personality test: Openness to Experience, Extraversion/Introversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, and Neuroticism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297923/Cats-neurotic-probably-trying-work-kill-say-researchers.html#ixzz3qAE4bTwJ

Christie Brinkley
10-31-2015, 11:38 AM
No wonder my cat is always trying to trip me up:laugh: especially on top of the stairs!

jimnyc
10-31-2015, 11:42 AM
No wonder my cat is always trying to trip me up:laugh: especially on top of the stairs!

Mine is always doing it in the kitchen, near the stove. But night time is the worst, with a black cat, as he tries to kill me everywhere! Can't see the little bastard.

Gunny
10-31-2015, 11:44 AM
See that, we were all right!!

-----

They are well loved for their immaculate fluffy coats and unique personalities but new research suggests cats do have a much darker side.

A study carried out between the University of Edinburgh and Bronx Zoo compared our beloved domestic cat with its wilder relatives.

Compared with the snow leopard, the Scottish wildcat and the African lion, researchers found these larger predators shared similar characteristics of aggression and neurotic behaviour to domestic cats.

Dominance, impulsiveness and neurotic behaviour are the most common trait shared between the domestic cat and the wild cat.

The researchers used a testing method known as the 'Big Five' personality test: Openness to Experience, Extraversion/Introversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, and Neuroticism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297923/Cats-neurotic-probably-trying-work-kill-say-researchers.html#ixzz3qAE4bTwJ

Not as long as you clean the litter box and mix some wet food in with their dry stuff. They keep you around as a matter of convenience. I got two boxes drying out on the front porch as I type. :laugh: