PDA

View Full Version : RIP Fred Thompson.

Black Diamond
11-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Good man.

Black Diamond
11-01-2015, 06:18 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2015/11/01/former-us-sen-fred-thompson-dies-73/74752142/

namvet
11-01-2015, 06:22 PM
a class man. and a great actor. I think he set a term limit on his self

WiccanLiberal
11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
A gentleman and a class act. RIP Mr. Thompson.

Abbey Marie
11-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Would have made a very good President. Sad to see him go.

LongTermGuy
11-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Would have made a very good President. Sad to see him go.

Agree...Abbey.....God...I hate reading / seeing stories like this...all part of the plan I guess...it is what it is...Thats life...Enjoy it the best we can ..and do our best to make it worth while...when its time..its time...

logroller
11-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Glad to have known of this man. Peace be upon him and his family.

jimnyc
11-02-2015, 07:52 AM
I was very saddened to see this last evening. I loved Fred and wanted him badly to take the race in 2008. He was a great actor, great politician and a great attorney.

RIP Mr. Thompson :(

Bilgerat
11-02-2015, 08:34 AM
RIP Senator

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7872&stc=1

Gunny
11-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Good man.

No kidding. I liked him. He was good Congressman and good actor. I had no idea he even had cancer. Class act. If it had been one of these lefties we'd have followed the minute by minute of it on the MSM.

Think he'll get a "not mentioned" from O-blah-blah?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Truly liked the man. Sad to find he has died. Just imagine our world if he had became president instead of the maggot we have now. --Tyr

Gunny
11-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Truly liked the man. Sad to find he has died. Just imagine our world if he had became president instead of the maggot we have now. --Tyr

Thompson had more common sense in his pinky finger than the entire Dem Party has collectively.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Thompson had more common sense in his pinky finger than the entire Dem Party has collectively.

And toss into that same kettle with the dems, their third arm the leftist media they use to maintain power...:beer:-Tyr

Gunny
11-02-2015, 09:11 AM
And toss into that same kettle with the dems, their third arm the leftist media they use to maintain power...:beer:-Tyr

The media is what took him down. He was a threat to the left. I truly wanted him to win the nomination. He was MY favorite candidate. He was a man of his word. Those are hard to come by in politics nowadays.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-02-2015, 09:13 AM
The media is what took him down. He was a threat to the left. I truly wanted him to win the nomination. He was MY favorite candidate. He was a man of his word. Those are hard to come by in politics nowadays.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gunny again.

jimnyc
11-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Imagine turning on the TV this past month and being lucky enough to watch this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeEmhz3KljI

Gunny
11-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Imagine turning on the TV this past month and being lucky enough to watch this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeEmhz3KljI

You know, I DID wonder about his sudden weight loss. I just passed it off as maybe he was on a health kick. Guess not.

namvet
11-02-2015, 05:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAV8cfmawPk

Jeff
11-02-2015, 05:25 PM
We all have one destiny that we wont escape no matter how good we are, Mat He R.I.P.

Bilgerat
11-03-2015, 07:59 AM

Spot on

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10612948_1082038638495862_4927690651535808565_n.jp g?oh=257b26cbdf9253773c50888d7cde1644&oe=56CCA2E9

Gunny
11-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Spot on

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10612948_1082038638495862_4927690651535808565_n.jp g?oh=257b26cbdf9253773c50888d7cde1644&oe=56CCA2E9

Hey, I can play their game. I'm currently registered to vote in 3 states. Not by design but .. hey. ...:laugh:

red state
11-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Went to Memphis State, married a Lindsey as his first wife and was a heck of a guy all around who didn't mind hard work and fit in to ALL levels of people and class....Very accomplished as a politician, actor, lobbyist, columnist, talk show host and, lest we forget, all the reverse mortgage and other commercials.

He could talk the talk (as trump does) but with class & tact (not as trump does). Not saying Thompson would be my pick for president but I do believe he would have beat the performance of any bush or 'weed' (currently serving) and have been cursed with for almost 20 years now!!!!

Another American, gone.....it is a shame (and at such an early age).

Gunny
11-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Went to Memphis State, married a Lindsey as his first wife and was a heck of a guy all around who didn't mind hard work and fit in to ALL levels of people and class....Very accomplished as a politician, actor, lobbyist, columnist, talk show host and, lest we forget, all the reverse mortgage and other commercials.

He could talk the talk (as trump does) but with class & tact (not as trump does). Not saying Thompson would be my pick for president but I do believe he would have beat the performance of any bush or 'weed' (currently serving) and have been cursed with for almost 20 years now!!!!

Another American, gone.....it is a shame (and at such an early age).

Oh, so now YOU are a girl too? Y'all damned women need to quit popping out of the closet. Gonna give me a f-ing stroke. :laugh:

I wouldn't even hesitate to vote for Thompson. Well, maybe not NOW. :laugh: Then again, he'd STILL be a better President than one we have even in his current condition. :laugh:

I like Fred. Never had to guess what he was thinking.

red state
11-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Oh, so now YOU are a girl too? Y'all damned women need to quit popping out of the closet. Gonna give me a f-ing stroke. :laugh:

I wouldn't even hesitate to vote for Thompson. Well, maybe not NOW. :laugh: Then again, he'd STILL be a better President than one we have even in his current condition. :laugh:

I like Fred. Never had to guess what he was thinking.

Gunny, I'd gladly vote for him and I'm not sure what your "girly" comment was directed towards but I believe YOU misinterpreted me. I can only guess that you have jokingly lumped me in the same boat as those who support Trump. I DO NOT support him or his antics. I said he "talked the talk" not walked it. If you are referring to my attacks on Bush.....he gets everything he get from me (I gladly voted for him the first time and reluctantly voted for him the second). He is Obama LITE in my opinion and although I absolutely love certain aspects of the Bush family....I detest much of the other stuff they stand for (or allow). Just saying.

Now, back to Thompson......he was a great guy and I'd gladly vote for him if he had only been allowed to be our man instead of McSHAME...or a Mittens. The same folks running the show (into the ground) are the same ones who are trying their dead level best to put Rubio or Jebby in.

red state
11-03-2015, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't even hesitate to vote for Thompson. Well, maybe not NOW. :laugh: Then again, he'd STILL be a better President than one we have even in his current condition. :laugh:I like Fred. Never had to guess what he was thinking.

I agree....I'd be fine with having a WWRD (what would Reagan do) or a WWFTD and have dead guys lead this Nation instead of what we have now.
I was extremely hopeful (and have been for 8 years now) that Allen West would run. He's smart, tough and spot on in most cases but he's been thrown (not only in the back of the bus but under it). Hell, Gunny, I'd vote for your sorry @$$ before I'd put up with a B.O. or a HELLary.
:laugh: :salute: At least you know how to change a light bulb......or wire one!!! HA!!!!!!!:laugh2:

Gunny
11-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Gunny, I'd gladly vote for him and I'm not sure what your "girly" comment was directed towards but I believe YOU misinterpreted me. I can only guess that you have jokingly lumped me in the same boat as those who support Trump. I DO NOT support him or his antics. I said he "talked the talk" not walked it. If you are referring to my attacks on Bush.....he gets everything he get from me (I gladly voted for him the first time and reluctantly voted for him the second). He is Obama LITE in my opinion and although I absolutely love certain aspects of the Bush family....I detest much of the other stuff they stand for (or allow). Just saying.

Now, back to Thompson......he was a great guy and I'd gladly vote for him if he had only been allowed to be our man instead of McSHAME...or a Mittens. The same folks running the show (into the ground) are the same ones who are trying their dead level best to put Rubio or Jebby in.

I was teasing. Simple as that. I don't lump ANYONE into ANYTHING. I take people as they are. I see you as you represent yourself with your words. Nothing more. I can argue like the devil with you in one thread and back your argument in the next. If I attack you, there'll be NO doubt in your mind. Otherwise, I'm mostly just being a smartass. I don't know you and no offense, but I really never think anything about you. I read your posts. I may thank you, comment or disagree but with ME that's where it ends. I was off the internet entirely for several years until I could get my senses back about it because I was taking everything personally. I'm on THIS board because I don't want to be on any of the rat race boards. If I want to fight I can pick one with my GF in a minute.

BUT, and I'm still one of these days going to start this thread, you civilians don't talk like we military folk. Y'all take a LOT more offense to stuff than we do.

I was just teasing you about being a danged girl. Still waiting for the cooties to come out of my screen. :laugh:

red state
11-03-2015, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't even hesitate to vote for Thompson. Well, maybe not NOW. :laugh: Then again, he'd STILL be a better President than one we have even in his current condition. :laugh:I like Fred. Never had to guess what he was thinking.

I agree....I'd be fine with having a WWRD (what would Reagan do) or a WWFTD and have dead guys lead this Nation instead of what we have now.
I was extremely hopeful (and have been for 8 years now) that Allen West would run. He's smart, tough and spot on in most cases but he's been thrown (not only in the back of the bus but under it). Hell, Gunny, I'd vote for your sorry @$$ before I'd put up with a B.O. or a HELLary.
:laugh: :salute: At least you know how to change a light bulb......or wire one!!! HA!!!!!!!:laugh2:

Gunny
11-03-2015, 12:21 PM

I've wired more than half the McDonald's and Quiznos' in San Antonio from the line. I think I can handle a light fixture. :laugh:

Elessar
11-03-2015, 12:45 PM
A gentleman and a class act. RIP Mr. Thompson.

I fully agree! You took my reply for this thread right out of my mouth!

Elessar
11-03-2015, 12:47 PM

Again I say: "Common Sense is so rare these days, it should be considered a Super Power"!

Elessar
11-03-2015, 12:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAV8cfmawPk

Oh My Lord....that made my eyes leak!

Thanks Namvet!

Jeff
11-04-2015, 06:28 AM
I've wired more than half the McDonald's and Quiznos' in San Antonio from the line. I think I can handle a light fixture. :laugh:

Well bring your ares to GA, I need a new light put on the front of my shop. :laugh: Hell I had 2 flood lights out there that lit the entire drive up, but lighting hit a pine tree and then went under the house and got the flood light on my shop, along with the satellite and phone box, and I hate electricity. :laugh:

Gunny
11-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Well bring your ares to GA, I need a new light put on the front of my shop. :laugh: Hell I had 2 flood lights out there that lit the entire drive up, but lighting hit a pine tree and then went under the house and got the flood light on my shop, along with the satellite and phone box, and I hate electricity. :laugh:

Rule #1: Turn the sh*t off. Satellites are on coax and phones on even smaller wire. I don't even count them as electricity. You don't fear electricity. You respect it. Was easy for me. Grandfather was an electrician and I worked with things that go boom.