PDA

View Full Version : Steelers

jimnyc
11-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Were picked for the playoffs for sure, and had one of the highest rated and most powerful offenses coming into the season.

Backup QB Bruce Gradkowski injured
Le'veon Bell suspended first 2 games
Martavis Bryant suspended first 4 games
Sean Suisham gets hurt (FG kicker) Next kicker hurt too, now on 3rd kicker
Maurkice Pouncey out for year - injury
Big Ben misses 4 games with MCL bruise
Bryant misses 5th game with minor injury
Michael Vick injured
Kelvin Beachum, out for season injured, torn ACL
Le'veon Bell out for season, MCL tear
Ryan Shazier, last years #1 pick, missed 5 games this year with injured shoulder
Will Allen, SS, injured and out
Cortez Allen, out for year injured
William Gay, shoulder, out

And not to mention, if you saw yesterdays game, Ben wasn't himself, kinda hobbled and not leaning into his passes. I know injuries are part of the game, but damn, we're getting eaten up this year. :(

Gunny
11-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Were picked for the playoffs for sure, and had one of the highest rated and most powerful offenses coming into the season.

Michael Vick injured
Ryan Shazier, last years #1 pick, missed 5 games this year with injured shoulder

And not to mention, if you saw yesterdays game, Ben wasn't himself, kinda hobbled and not leaning into his passes. I know injuries are part of the game, but damn, we're getting eaten up this year. :(

Happened in 75 too which was supposedly the best Steeler team. Bradshaw hurt. Greene hurt. Lambert hurt. Bleier hurt. Swan hurt.

jimnyc
11-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Happened in 75 too which was supposedly the best Steeler team. Bradshaw hurt. Greene hurt. Lambert hurt. Bleier hurt. Swan hurt.

No chance of a few key players returning this season. Only hope now is that the rest get back and healthy, and those that fill in do a great job. If we get the passing back again, Deangelo Williams better have an awesome 2nd half of the year, or he'll be dead to me.

Gunny
11-02-2015, 09:52 AM
No chance of a few key players returning this season. Only hope now is that the rest get back and healthy, and those that fill in do a great job. If we get the passing back again, Deangelo Williams better have an awesome 2nd half of the year, or he'll be dead to me.

:laugh:

jimnyc
11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
:laugh:

I have high expectations for these bastards!

LongTermGuy
11-02-2015, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;774967]Were picked for the playoffs for sure, and had one of the highest rated and most powerful offenses coming into the season.

Michael Vick injured

And not to mention, if you saw yesterdays game, Ben wasn't himself, kinda hobbled and not leaning into his passes. I know injuries are part of the game, but damn, we're getting eaten up this year. :([/QUOTE

Well your "500" football right now...3 games behind Cinsy....so its not the end...yesterdays game the Bengals had some breaks`fall their way`....and "they" were able to hang on.. ...*thing`s are always changing...and there is plenty of football left to make a difference....
Look at it this way...Ben is back...*and got rid of some kinks yesterday.....Now...its Time to get mean..ugly...Nasty....and `move forward` with a Vengeance :cool:

Bengals vs. Steelers | Week 8 Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i18GRPm2II0

Gunny
11-02-2015, 10:17 AM
I have high expectations for these bastards!

The one thing the Steelers have been noted for is defense. From the beginning. In the 70s, it didn't matter if Bradshaw or Hanratty or Gilliam played QB. The defense outscored the offense in some games. If they can't score, too bad for them. Best offense is a good defense that knows how to attack. OJ didn't even have good days in Pittsburgh and if you tried to throw on Mike Wagner? Ball's going the other way.

The play that turned the Steelers around was the "Immaculate Reception". I actually saw that game. They lost to the Dolphins in the AFC Championship game that year. The next year they destroyed everything.

jimnyc
11-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Well your "500" football right now...3 games behind Cinsy....so its not the end...yesterdays game the Bengals had some breaks`fall their way`....and "they" were able to hang on.. ...*thing`s are always changing...and there is plenty of football left to make a difference....
Look at it this way...Ben is back...*and got rid of some kinks yesterday.....Now...its Time to get mean..ugly...Nasty....and `move forward` with a Vengeance :cool:

Tis true, they are still kinda in the drivers seat for the WC, and still 8 games left. But hell, at the rate things are going, they won't have a team left to finish the season!

The D is now ranked #6 in the NFL by points allowed, and they're technically the weak link, but have come on real strong. It's important they get and remain healthy too. And if the passing game can get firing on all cylinders...