PDA

View Full Version : U.S. officials believe ISIS planted bomb on Russian plane

jimnyc
11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Probably just a false accusation by the evil empire! :laugh: If this turns out to be true, I hope Putin unleashes all he has on them.

----

(CNN)The latest U.S. intelligence suggests that the crash of a Russian passenger jet in the Sinai over the weekend was most likely caused by a bomb on the plane planted by ISIS or an ISIS affiliate, according to a U.S. official familiar with the matter.

But the official stressed a formal conclusion has not been reached by the U.S. intelligence community.

"There is a definite feeling it was an explosive device planted in luggage or somewhere on the plane," the official, who is familiar with the latest U.S. intelligence analysis of the crash, told CNN.

Other U.S. officials also told CNN that the analysis is pointing toward the cause being a bomb.

Based on the same intelligence, the U.S. belief is that ISIS or an ISIS-affiliated group is responsible for the attack, the official said.

The British government announced Wednesday that it had "become concerned that the plane may well have been brought down by an explosive device."

The British government did not detail precisely how it reached that conclusion. But a UK aviation team is traveling to inspect the Sharm airport to look at whether there were proper security measures at the airport and the various scenarios, by which, an explosive device could have made it to the Russian airliner "including a person or in cargo," according to the British transport minister.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/politics/us-isis-planted-bomb-russian-plane/index.html

Perianne
11-05-2015, 01:18 AM
I doubt ISIS did it. They are just a JV squad.

jimnyc
11-05-2015, 03:57 AM
I doubt ISIS did it. They are just a JV squad.

I'm not so sure. A few months back I had heard they were making like $1 million per day along in oil sales. Even if JV, that kind of money over some time can pay someone else to do some dirty work.

Perianne
11-05-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm not so sure. A few months back I had heard they were making like $1 million per day along in oil sales. Even if JV, that kind of money over some time can pay someone else to do some dirty work.

Jim, you missed the sarcasm. It was Obama who referred to ISIS as JV team. Remember?

Jeff
11-05-2015, 08:33 AM
I think ISIS is in trouble, Putin isn't no Obama. I am anxiously waiting to se his response, it ought to be a good one. :thumb:

jimnyc
11-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Jim, you missed the sarcasm. It was Obama who referred to ISIS as JV team. Remember?

Oh, I suck, I should have sensed the sarcasm even without any reference. Note the hour I posted. My sleep is all screwed up, as is my brain. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-05-2015, 08:47 AM
I think ISIS is in trouble, Putin isn't no Obama. I am anxiously waiting to se his response, it ought to be a good one. :thumb:
Putin starts hitting ISIS, suddenly the obama wants boots on the ground over there.
Anybody besides me, catching what that reveals???
Especially since we were supposedly hitting ISIS and making no major headway..
Key word is -- "supposedly".
I bet 20 bucks that obama had our strikes be delivered on OTHER MUSLIM groups that were there fighting ISIS-STRIKES COMES DOWN KILLS MANY THEY DO NOT KNOW IF IT CAME FROM ASSAD'S FORCES OR WHO..
I have been suspecting this for a long time now, and obama reaction to Putin truly hitting
ISIS CONFIRMED IT FOR ME. Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Putin starts hitting ISIS, suddenly the obama wants boots on the ground over there.
Anybody besides me, catching what that reveals???
Especially since we were supposedly hitting ISIS and making no major headway..
Key word is -- "supposedly".
I bet 20 bucks that obama had our strikes be delivered on OTHER MUSLIM groups that were there fighting ISIS-STRIKES COMES DOWN KILLS MANY THEY DO NOT KNOW IF IT CAME FROM ASSAD'S FORCES OR WHO..
I have been suspecting this for a long time now, and obama reaction to Putin truly hitting
ISIS CONFIRMED IT FOR ME. Tyr

haha-- "bots on the ground"- "bots" was a typo....
Should be -- boots---- , but come to think of it maybe "bots" does fit too.:laugh:-Tyr

jimnyc
11-05-2015, 10:05 AM
haha-- "bots on the ground"- "bots" was a typo....
Should be -- boots---- , but come to think of it maybe "bots" does fit too.:laugh:-Tyr

Whatcha talking about?? They both look fine on my end?

Perianne
11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Oh, I suck, I should have sensed the sarcasm even without any reference. Note the hour I posted. My sleep is all screwed up, as is my brain. :)

We all do the best we can with what God gave us. I love you anyway. :)

jimnyc
11-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Another update:

---

The Egyptian security shutdown was sparked after British spies intercepted messages which showed Isil extremists had plotted a major terror attack in the region, the Telegraph can disclose.

The communications and “chatter” - uncovered by British intelligence only after the Russian passenger jet tragedy - are what led David Cameron to say it was “more likely than not” that a bomb brought the plane down on Saturday killing 224 people.

The intelligence resulted in Britain suspending all flights to and from Sharm el-Sheikh, leaving 20,000 British tourists stranded at the holiday resort.

Flights will resume on Friday with 20 aircraft carrying about 4,000 people back to Britain. But passengers were warned they would not be allowed to take luggage in the hold.

The move suggests officials fear a bomb was smuggled into the hold of flight 7K9268 in the checked luggage. It came as it emerged Britain raised concerns around baggage handling at Sharm el-Sheikh airport ten months ago.

If British intelligence proves correct, it would be the first airline bombing by Isil extremists.

Downing Street also suggested that Britain could impose further travel restrictions on flights to and from other destinations in regions with Isil links amid concerns over airport security in the wake of the developments.

Number 10's belief that the plane was brought down by a bomb was on Thursday strengthened by the the White House which released a statement saying “some information that has been learned” also pointed to a terror attack.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/11978749/Sharm-el-Sheikh-flights-shutdown-triggered-when-British-spies-uncovered-Isil-bomb-plot-after-Russian-air-crash.html