PDA

View Full Version : Trailer With Supplies For Tornado Victims Stolen

nevadamedic
07-10-2007, 01:25 AM
LEE'S SUMMIT, Mo. -- A pickup truck and trailer loaded with supplies for victims of the Greensburg, Kan., tornado were stolen from a Lee's Summit motel Saturday night.

"I stopped and rubbed my eyes. I thought, 'Did I park there or somewhere else?' I was, like, 'No, I parked there,'" said Kevin Ellers of the Salvation Army.

Ellers told KMBC's Chris Nagus that there were thousands of dollars in supplies, including help for Greensburg's disabled residents.

"I think we had eight to 10 wheelchairs. We had walkers, canes and that type of stuff. It's an elderly population out there. So there is a lot of need for that type of stuff," Ellers said.

Most of what was stolen was donated, Nagus reported.

"That's what really bothers me is that corporations gave this stuff to go there and now it's gone," Ellers said.

Ellers said the pickup was not marked, but he is convinced that the thieves know exactly who they stole from by now.

"Outside you would not be able to see what is in it. Once you got inside, Salvation Army things are everywhere. They would know quickly what they are getting," Ellers said.

Full Story...............
http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/13644848/detail.html

It takes someone really heartless to do something like this. I really hope they catch this person or persons. I feel really bad for those victims who desperatly needed the Wheel Chairs and Walkers that were donated. It takes a real low life asshole piece of shit do do this.

darin
07-10-2007, 03:09 AM
doesnt surprise me - ppl steel things with stuff in 'em

nevadamedic
07-10-2007, 02:13 PM
doesnt surprise me - ppl steel things with stuff in 'em

Yea, but that's shitty to steal it from a group that is trying to help pther people.

darin
07-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Democrats do that all the time - they RAISE taxes to "Steal" from me...and it doesn't even HELP people - at least not GOOD people. It helps themselves. :(

Monkeybone
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Kevin then went on to say, " I never thought this would happen since i had my lucky rabbits foot on my keychain that i left in the ignition..."

but really...that is sad. if they ever catch the ppl they should be sent there to work