PDA

View Full Version : Driver films himself at 192mph

jimnyc
11-07-2015, 02:49 AM
And will now sit in jail for 2 years and 4 months. Yikes, a bit high I think. But why are idiots these days posting their crimes online? Just recently a guy/girl group (I think) robbed a bank and then posted the proceeds online. smh

-----

Mobile phone videos show Sean Davis racing around Northamptonshire roads - and in one his daughter is in the car.

Shaun Davis, aged 42, formerly of Woodpecker Drive, Northampton, has been jailed for two years and four months after filming himself driving at speeds of 192 miles per hour

His daughter Jordan Davis, aged 23, of Hove Road, Rushden, was found guilty of inciting or encouraging an offence of Dangerous Driving. She was given a two year driving disqualification and an 18 month conditional discharge.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=e5a80c29da44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LongTermGuy
11-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Foolish Idiot....

revelarts
11-07-2015, 01:55 PM
What going to happen to all of us with all the new cars with built in GPS and computers that monitor your speed and everything else start reporting it all directly to your insurance company, your city and state in real time?

not to mention reporting it to your spouse.

darin
11-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Fucking bullshit. We need a revolution against government intrusion in our lives. The fact he got in trouble makes me angry. The fact people think he should be in trouble gives me no hope for humanity.

This is a video i took while behind the wheel. Honestly its me and my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Y5UGZURc3HM

glockmail
11-08-2015, 07:24 AM
He should be in jail, bastard did that on public roads.

darin
11-08-2015, 02:35 PM

Victimless "crime". Learn to drive and hold drivers to higher standards

glockmail
11-08-2015, 02:54 PM

Not victimless at all. Race on the track, not the street.

darin
11-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Wasnt a race. Was a capable guy exercising freedom. If he hurt somebody, then he pays the price; non of this minority-report crap about "could have..."

glockmail
11-08-2015, 09:19 PM
A race against a clock is still a race, and the db could have killed many people. The public isnt willing to take the risk just so he can get his jollies.

darin
11-09-2015, 04:34 AM
You could have killed people on your way to work, if you work. (shrug).

Statistically, he put NOBODY measurable danger. You are scared so you're creating 'danger' where almost none exists. Within ever drive we face danger. Within everything we do, mostly everything, we face danger. We mitigate the danger, in this case, by a) being a good driver. b) Paying attention. c) elimination of variables (he didn't do this in rush hour traffic, etc).
Because the road seems empty, or empty-ish, the relational speed between him and other traffic becomes next to nothing.

Your fear and your ability bears no weight on 'that guy'.

glockmail
11-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Predictable, personal insults because your argument is a loser. I drive about 30k miles annually, about 1/2 of that is work related. The chances of me killing someone is greatly reduced by driving near the speed of traffic. What this guy did was extremely risky for people who would have had no choice or knowledge of his presence. Again, if he want to risk his own life, more power to him, but do so in a controlled space, as a race track.

darin
11-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Predictable, personal insults because your argument is a loser. I drive about 30k miles annually, about 1/2 of that is work related. The chances of me killing someone is greatly reduced by driving near the speed of traffic. What this guy did was extremely risky for people who would have had no choice or knowledge of his presence. Again, if he want to risk his own life, more power to him, but do so in a controlled space, as a race track.

More predictable - you find insults where none exist because everything, from your perspective, is about you.

"your" skill level may not be able to tolerate 192mph. If you find that insulting there's no hope for you. More "insults" YOUR skill in brain surgery may not enable you to successfully perform it. OMG I'm so mean.

The guy did nothing more risky than you driving 30k miles per year. I'm sorry you don't feel safe doing that - and if you don't feel safe doing it you probably shouldn't. While you are not-doing-it, do not begrudge others who do it. Just stay in the right lane. You'll be fine.

glockmail
11-09-2015, 08:55 AM
More predictable - you find insults where none exist because everything, from your perspective, is about you.

"your" skill level may not be able to tolerate 192mph. If you find that insulting there's no hope for you. More "insults" YOUR skill in brain surgery may not enable you to successfully perform it. OMG I'm so mean.

The guy did nothing more risky than you driving 30k miles per year. I'm sorry you don't feel safe doing that - and if you don't feel safe doing it you probably shouldn't. While you are not-doing-it, do not begrudge others who do it. Just stay in the right lane. You'll be fine.

Obviously it's "about me" since all you can talk about is me. :laugh:

Sorry, but the law disagrees with you that driving 192 mph is as safe as me driving 30k miles per year at normal traffic speeds. I win this argument.

Did he do this in the UK? I'm unaware of any "unlimited speed" public roads in the UK.

darin
11-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Obviously it's "about me" since all you can talk about is me. :laugh:

Sorry, but the law disagrees with you that driving 192 mph is as safe as me driving 30k miles per year at normal traffic speeds. I win this argument.

You win EVERY argument you change to ensure you win. How nice for you. Perfect in fact.

glockmail
11-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Hilarious. What argument did I "change"? Here is my argument:

And here is your counter:

YOU were the one who tried to change my argument from his danger to the public, to "learn to drive". How ridiculous, expecting the public to "learn to drive" at speeds three times the posted limit. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
11-09-2015, 09:51 AM
why are many arguing back and fourth about petty shit for? Move on to new things and post some new threads / stories up....Good morning everybody:coffee: