PDA

View Full Version : Trump Models 'Deportation Force' After Inhumane Eisenhower

jimnyc
11-12-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm sorry, so long as it's simply putting them back where they came from, I don't see it as inhumane. I can't vouch for Trump's plan - but I can say that our country won't be able to handle the amount of immigration we are getting in 50 years or so - and certainly not so if we allow everyone and anyone to simply walk across the border, or come on vacation and never leave. Imagine sneaking into Iran, Yemen, Australia or even Mexico - and then they catch you, and then place you on a plane or ship back here to the USA. How dare they follow laws, and send you right back where you originally came from!

----

It was a presidential directive in the 1950s that carried the offensive yet official name of “Operation Wetback.”

Ordered by President Dwight Eisenhower, its controversial tactics prompted a congressional investigation and was eventually stopped because of the expense. But today the operation is the cornerstone of presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s plan to round up and deport more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States.

Eisenhower’s program managed to deport almost an estimated 1 million Mexican undocumented immigrants, mostly temporary or seasonal workers, on trains, buses, trucks and even cargo ships, according to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). It’s a program Trump says he will model if elected president, promising MSNBC this morning he will send undocumented Americans home to Mexico using "a deportation force and you're going to do it humanely.”

“[Eisenhower] moved a million and a half illegal immigrants out of this country, moved them just beyond the border,” Trump said during the Tuesday night GOP debate.

But a scholar who has studied Eisenhower’s program says it was neither humane, nor effective. “It was a military-style operation,” Mae Ngai, a professor of history at Columbia University in New York, told ABC News. “They swept through Texas and California and also northern states and cities. Rounded people up, put them on planes, trains and ships. It was very aggressive, but it was really only one half of a program.”

https://gma.yahoo.com/donald-trump-models-deportation-force-inhumane-eisenhower-plan-234102455--abc-news-topstories.html

reason10
11-15-2015, 03:56 AM
I'm sorry, so long as it's simply putting them back where they came from, I don't see it as inhumane. I can't vouch for Trump's plan - but I can say that our country won't be able to handle the amount of immigration we are getting in 50 years or so - and certainly not so if we allow everyone and anyone to simply walk across the border, or come on vacation and never leave. Imagine sneaking into Iran, Yemen, Australia or even Mexico - and then they catch you, and then place you on a plane or ship back here to the USA. How dare they follow laws, and send you right back where you originally came from!

----

It was a presidential directive in the 1950s that carried the offensive yet official name of “Operation Wetback.”

Ordered by President Dwight Eisenhower, its controversial tactics prompted a congressional investigation and was eventually stopped because of the expense. But today the operation is the cornerstone of presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s plan to round up and deport more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States.

Eisenhower’s program managed to deport almost an estimated 1 million Mexican undocumented immigrants, mostly temporary or seasonal workers, on trains, buses, trucks and even cargo ships, according to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). It’s a program Trump says he will model if elected president, promising MSNBC this morning he will send undocumented Americans home to Mexico using "a deportation force and you're going to do it humanely.”

“[Eisenhower] moved a million and a half illegal immigrants out of this country, moved them just beyond the border,” Trump said during the Tuesday night GOP debate.

But a scholar who has studied Eisenhower’s program says it was neither humane, nor effective. “It was a military-style operation,” Mae Ngai, a professor of history at Columbia University in New York, told ABC News. “They swept through Texas and California and also northern states and cities. Rounded people up, put them on planes, trains and ships. It was very aggressive, but it was really only one half of a program.”

https://gma.yahoo.com/donald-trump-models-deportation-force-inhumane-eisenhower-plan-234102455--abc-news-topstories.html

There's nothing inhumane about enforcing the law.

pete311
11-17-2015, 12:01 AM
There's nothing inhumane about enforcing the law.
Law is not morality. Otherwise the Nazis were in the right.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Law is not morality. Otherwise the Nazis were in the right.

Do you believe illegal immigration should be illegal, or we should ignore our borders? One or the other would be fine, no lectures.

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:00 AM
Do you believe illegal immigration should be illegal, or we should ignore our borders? One or the other would be fine, no lectures.

We should not let the mistakes of past years create new mistakes. What I mean by that is, sure, our borders should have been better protected. But they weren't. Now we have a problem. Spending billions hunting down 11 million mostly harmless illegals would be virtually impossible and a huge mistake. Most credible conservative experts agree. It's not feasible and will never happen. There must be a middle ground solution.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:04 AM
We should not let the mistakes of past years create new mistakes. What I mean by that is, sure, our borders should have been better protected. But they weren't. Now we have a problem. Spending billions hunting down 11 million mostly harmless illegals would be virtually impossible and a huge mistake. Most credible conservative experts agree. It's not feasible and will never happen. There must be a middle ground solution.

That's not what I asked...

But in there I do see that you agree that illegal immigration is a crime. Which makes them criminals, at the least. Criminals who then eat up our economy.

Thanks!

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Yes they committed a crime. The severity is debatable. I don't call a kid who got caught with a joint a criminal. In the end, who is going to pick your produce that you buy at the grocery store? Get ready for prices to sky rocket when farmers have to triple their pay to get lazy Americans to work in their fields.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Yes they committed a crime. The severity is debatable. I don't call a kid who got caught with a joint a criminal. In the end, who is going to pick your produce that you buy at the grocery store? Get ready for prices to sky rocket when farmers have to triple their pay to get lazy Americans to work in their fields.

The kid IS a criminal. Do you even understand the definition? This is why nitwits like Hillary, they don't understand crime, and have sympathy for criminals, or for those they don't even realize are criminals. And the same old tired argument about who will be in the fields? Good, LET the prices go up if that means getting rid of the crap flowing through our borders, I would HAPPILY pay more. And then we won't have to make up for the resources they use, and the 75 family houses, lack of taxes from paychecks, and the in and out doors of the prisons that we pay for. Adios!

Gunny
11-17-2015, 10:16 AM
The kid IS a criminal. Do you even understand the definition? This is why nitwits like Hillary, they don't understand crime, and have sympathy for criminals, or for those they don't even realize are criminals. And the same old tired argument about who will be in the fields? Good, LET the prices go up if that means getting rid of the crap flowing through our borders, I would HAPPILY pay more. And then we won't have to make up for the resources they use, and the 75 family houses, lack of taxes from paychecks, and the in and out doors of the prisons that we pay for. Adios!

I see YOU made 2 new friends. :laugh2:

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:17 AM
I see YOU made 2 new friends. :laugh2:

I love toying with the folks who will roll around in the mud with criminals, just to get a vote. And then vote directly for a criminal. And THEN try and change the definition of a criminal. You can't make this shit up!!

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:35 AM
I love toying with the folks who will roll around in the mud with criminals, just to get a vote. And then vote directly for a criminal. And THEN try and change the definition of a criminal. You can't make this shit up!!
You are trying to paint a grey world with white and black paint. These ideas Trump spouts are superficial, but the consequences are deeply complex.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:36 AM
You are trying to paint a grey world with white and black paint. These ideas Trump spouts are superficial, but the consequences are deeply complex.

And yet you'll vote for a criminal and piece of shit, that's not very complex.

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:37 AM
And yet you'll vote for a criminal and piece of shit, that's not very complex.
Yes I would vote in an intellectually superior criminal over a mentally stunted selfish businessman any day.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Yes I would vote in an intellectually superior criminal over a mentally stunted selfish businessman any day.

And there you have it, nitwit liberals admitting they will vote for criminals if that's what it takes to get into office. Transparency at it's best. Almost like the "most transparent administration ever" from McChimpy, who ended up being perhaps the worst ever in being transparent. But I'm glad you're no leading the way in being more transparent. :lol:

reason10
11-25-2015, 09:20 AM

There won't be any "hunting" down 11 million, or 8 million, or 30 million, or whatever. The country doesn't even know how many are here.

The wall has to be built. The criminals have got to go. The inner city gangs that are illegals are OUT of here. The Sanctuary Cities have to be defunded and their mayors have to be arrested. Businesses that hire illegals have to be arrested. The welfare rolls need illegals to be purged from the lists. Public schools need to get rid of the children of illegal aliens. California's governor needs to be ARRESTED for violating federal law in giving illegal aliens driver's licenses.

Enforce enough real laws and most illegals will just leave on their own. Cut off the welfare, the jobs, etc. Freeze the bank accounts (which do little but send money back to the families in the home countries), make life very inconvenient for illegals here.

And EVERY Syrian refugee has GOT to be sent back. PERIOD. End of discussion. Letting them in here in the first place was an act of treason.

Bottom line, we either have a country or we don't.

Immigrants are supposed to come here LEGALLY or not at all. The illegals are NOT immigrants. They are an INVASION. And they have to go.

gabosaurus
11-25-2015, 10:54 AM
I would like to know details of how Trump plans to enforce his "deportation plan."
Is he planning a 2017 version of Kristallnacht? Is he going to send police or ICE agents door to door in Latino neighborhoods?

I would suggest deputizing groups of alleged "true American patriots" and sending them to check IDs in places like East Los Angeles. We'll see how many of them come out alive. :cool:

Perianne
11-25-2015, 01:46 PM
I would like to know details of how Trump plans to enforce his "deportation plan."
Is he planning a 2017 version of Kristallnacht? Is he going to send police or ICE agents door to door in Latino neighborhoods?

I would suggest deputizing groups of alleged "true American patriots" and sending them to check IDs in places like East Los Angeles. We'll see how many of them come out alive. :cool:

You have summed up exactly why they need to go. They are violent animals... at least some of them. Better to rid ourselves of all of them. Yep.

jimnyc
11-25-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm betting that each and every place that we get illegals from, we also have planes going back and forth. It may not be overnight, but send 1/4 of a plane full of illegals with each and every trip. This will increase flights, which will be good for the economy. If an illegal has any plans at all on returning, they pay for their own flight. If not, they pay double if/when they return legally.

reason10
11-25-2015, 09:25 PM

From his book:

I also would triple the number of immigration officers we currently employ until the wall is built. We are asking these people to do a job that would be difficult even if they had all the support they need, and they don’t. Think of it this way: Currently there are about 5,000 officers attempting to enforce the existing immigration laws against the more than 11 million illegal aliens. Compare that to the 10,000 members of the Los Angeles Police Department or the 35,000 officers in the New York Police Department. Since 9/11 we have tripled the size of the border patrol but haven’t substantially increased the number of ICE officers—the officers who enforce immigration laws.
We have to cut off federal grants to sanctuary cities—those places that refuse to cooperate with federal law enforcement and actually abet criminal behavior—we have to end them. I repeat, we either are a nation of laws or we’re not.We also need to do what is necessary to enforce our visa regulations. People get a visa and come here legally, and when that visa expires, many stay here illegally. If they get caught, nothing happens to them. That’s got to change. We need to have real penalties for people who overstay their visas. I am sick and tired of hearing politicians who are all talk and no action. President Obama and his people are great at sending letters and press releases, but they never seem to have any consequences for foreign governments that don’t listen to them.

I want good people to come here from all over the world, but I want them to do so legally. We can expedite the process, we can reward achievement and excellence, but we have to respect the legal process. And those people who take advantage of the system and come here illegally should never enjoy the benefits of being a resident—or citizen—of this nation. So I am against any path to citizenship for undocumented workers or anyone else who is in this country illegally.They should—and need to—go home and get in line.

LongTermGuy
11-25-2015, 10:52 PM

In simple English...

Most Parasites will SELF DEPORT after Trump gets done with them and stopping all the obama enforced (tax-payer-money) free crap promised them...`and companies FINED heavily` for dealing with the ILLEGAL Parasites...The rest will be found (Police asking for real documented ID) which all Americans should have .....They will be picked up and transported back to their countries...*Including their eggs that they decided to drop here for more Tax payer benefits ...No Problemo!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

reason10
11-26-2015, 11:07 PM
In simple English...

Most Parasites will SELF DEPORT after Trump gets done with them and stopping all the obama enforced (tax-payer-money) free crap promised them...`and companies FINED heavily` for dealing with the ILLEGAL Parasites...The rest will be found (Police asking for real documented ID) which all Americans should have .....They will be picked up and transported back to their countries...*Including their eggs that they decided to drop here for more Tax payer benefits ...No Problemo!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

That's pretty much it. Simple. Nothing to it. Just enforce the damned law.

On one forum, someone came up with the idea of government just SEIZING the property of illegal aliens as a way to make them want to self deport. That idea just may have merit as well.

Perianne
11-27-2015, 09:14 AM
That's pretty much it. Simple. Nothing to it. Just enforce the damned law.

On one forum, someone came up with the idea of government just SEIZING the property of illegal aliens as a way to make them want to self deport. That idea just may have merit as well.

And do what with it once it has been seized?

LongTermGuy
11-27-2015, 09:39 AM

Illegal is Illegal....*no special comforting rights...unwind and...Just put the `bricks` (property "back" into the wall where they came from)

Perianne
11-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Illegal is Illegal....*no special comforting rights...unwind and...Just put the `bricks` (property "back" into the wall where they came from)

I am not arguing that fact. I just wonder what to do with property that has been in the possession of a Mexican. Gag.

LongTermGuy
11-27-2015, 10:12 AM
I am not arguing that fact. I just wonder what to do with property that has been in the possession of a Mexican. Gag.

Well ...like I said in my post above....`undo` all the "Liberal legal crap made for Illegals" and put the bricks back into the wall...where the came from....Comprende?:coffee:

reason10
11-27-2015, 05:27 PM

Well, if it's money, give it to the wounded veterans. If it is real estate, sell it and give the money to the wounded veterans.

Cars or other personal property? Sell and give the proceeds to wounded veterans.

That would be a start, considering that Obama has treated illegals better than wounded veterans.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Well, if it's money, give it to the wounded veterans. If it is real estate, sell it and give the money to the wounded veterans.

Cars or other personal property? Sell and give the proceeds to wounded veterans.

That would be a start, considering that Obama has treated illegals better than wounded veterans.
Damn, you beat me to it. I was just about to post that exact same solution. :beer: :beer: -Tyr

Perianne
12-10-2015, 02:04 PM

HA. Another liberal thinks like you do.

Kristallnacht was a turning point on the path to the concentration camps and the Holocaust, at the end of which 6 million Jews would be killed, creating what has been acknowledged as one of the most murderous episodes in history.

Today, we appear to be heading that way again -- this time with Muslims instead of Jews.

Perhaps the Muslims should go back to where they came from if they are afraid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/akbar-ahmed/donald-trump-kristallnacht-islamophobia_b_8762076.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg000 00017