PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Walmart Comercial

Gunny
11-12-2015, 12:33 PM
"We don't get medals for just going to work". REALLY? Neither do WE asshats. I don't even know where mine are for sure but I didn't get them stocking frozen foods, guarantee you that.

Want to take some cheap ass sideways swap at us? Y'all already gave away Christmas. Guess where I WON'T be shopping in the future ....

Black Diamond
11-12-2015, 12:36 PM
F Walmart right in the ass

Black Diamond
11-12-2015, 12:44 PM
F Walmart right in the ass

Seriously. I miss the mom n pop shops

Black Diamond
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
"We don't get medals for just going to work". REALLY? Neither do WE asshats. I don't even know where mine are for sure but I didn't get them stocking frozen foods, guarantee you that.

Want to take some cheap ass sideways swap at us? Y'all already gave away Christmas. Guess where I WON'T be shopping in the future ....

Everyone wants a medal. Even for participation

Gunny
11-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Everyone wants a medal. Even for participation

And I'd say most of them that get them don't care about them. I went somewhere and did something? I more proud of my humanitarian assist medals than my CAR.

Anyone wants a medal for stocking shelves at Walmart feel free. They sell the ribbons at the store. Then you can be a combat walmart bandit.:rolleyes:

glockmail
11-12-2015, 01:58 PM
I didn't see the ad. Been hooked on Amazon Prime video lately. What makes you think they are dissing the military?

Black Diamond
11-12-2015, 02:19 PM
I didn't see the ad. Been hooked on Amazon Prime video lately. What makes you think they are dissing the military?

How do you like Amazon prime compared to Netflix?

DLT
11-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Where did you see this commercial? I can't find any evidence of it on the internet.

Although Walmart has, finally, caved in to the idiot left in recent years, they are still far and above less leftist than other major retail stores. I will continue to shop there unless or until I see proof otherwise.

glockmail
11-12-2015, 02:31 PM
How do you like Amazon prime compared to Netflix?
I don't have Netflix, so can't say. I joined for free shipping!

Black Diamond
11-12-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't have Netflix, so can't say. I joined for free shipping!

We are contemplating buying prime.

Gunny
11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Where did you see this commercial? I can't find any evidence of it on the internet.

Although Walmart has, finally, caved in to the idiot left in recent years, they are still far and above less leftist than other major retail stores. I will continue to shop there unless or until I see proof otherwise.

Commercial on TV pimping their pay raise. Takes a sideways shot at people who earn medals. I don't care about mine, but for some, it's what they have. Send them off, get their arms and legs blown off, then criticize.

Gunny
11-12-2015, 03:25 PM
I'll also point out that my oldest daughter --daddy's little girl -- was hit by an IED. Her feet are jacked. Think she didn't earn her medal? There's a big FUCK YOU as an answer to THAT. I'd blow the damned place off the universe. I just don't want to destroy all of mankind doing it like Jim does. :laugh:

Hurting my baby princess shouldn't be on the top of your list of shit to do. She earned her Purple Heart the hard way.

Abbey Marie
11-12-2015, 04:26 PM

I posted it here a few days ago. It's on YouTube, fairly near the top if you search.

Gunny
11-12-2015, 04:34 PM
I posted it here a few days ago. It's on YouTube, fairly near the top if you search.

Search? Wouldn't that require some skills, Abs? I know how to break things.

More importantly, are you and this baby on a schedule or something? You log on, she wakes up. Y'all need to knock that crap off.

Abbey Marie
11-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Search? Wouldn't that require some skills, Abs? I know how to break things.

More importantly, are you and this baby on a schedule or something? You log on, she wakes up. Y'all need to knock that crap off.

Lol, I thought it was just OUR daughter that did that. Especially at night. :laugh2:

Gunny
11-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Lol, I thought it was just OUR daughter that did that. Especially at night. :laugh2:

It's annoying as Hell. Abs logs on and this baby decides to get all riled up. I'm thinking Abs is going to have to stay in bed for MY mental health.

Abbey Marie
11-12-2015, 04:56 PM
It's annoying as Hell. Abs logs on and this baby decides to get all riled up. I'm thinking Abs is going to have to stay in bed for MY mental health.

http://pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/33__resized_300_400.png

Gunny
11-12-2015, 05:02 PM
http://pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/33__resized_300_400.png

I've had this kid 14 or more hours a day for the last few weeks. You DON'T have to wake her up.

DLT
11-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Commercial on TV pimping their pay raise. Takes a sideways shot at people who earn medals. I don't care about mine, but for some, it's what they have. Send them off, get their arms and legs blown off, then criticize.

Wow. Well I'm in Dallas and I haven't seen this yet. It must be brand new. Do you remember which tv station/channel you saw it on?

Comparing being in the military and stocking shelves (typical job there) or checking groceries (mindlessly, from what I've experienced) at Walmart is asinine. Last I checked, checkers and stockers don't put their lives on the line or are in the line of fire (yet). I frequently get on their (management's) case (now) for stupid crap I've witnessed. They probably should get used to it. I don't just 'let things go' any more like I used to.

DLT
11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Seriously. I miss the mom n pop shops

The only thing that's running and ruining the "mom n pop" shops out of business... is leftist DemocRat policies and lowered expectations of the Obamanation. It's stupid to blame Walmart for that.

DLT
11-12-2015, 05:16 PM
I'll also point out that my oldest daughter --daddy's little girl -- was hit by an IED. Her feet are jacked. Think she didn't earn her medal? There's a big FUCK YOU as an answer to THAT. I'd blow the damned place off the universe. I just don't want to destroy all of mankind doing it like Jim does. :laugh:

Hurting my baby princess shouldn't be on the top of your list of shit to do. She earned her Purple Heart the hard way.

Ehh.....for Walmart to insult the US military like that (like you're claiming they did) ....it would mean that they have gone from Christian conservative leaning to full-out leftist leaning. I'm gonna have to see that commercial for myself before I go full-tilt re: condemning them. Odd that there is no internet chatter or pushback about it.

DLT
11-12-2015, 05:32 PM

I briefly scanned through your posts but couldn't find it. Oh well.... I have too much to do, getting ready for Thanksgiving, to spend my time searching for it.

PixieStix
11-12-2015, 10:24 PM
I believe this is the commercial that some are speaking of. I just think that when they mention there are no metals when you do your job, that is just what you do, and sometimes you deserve a raise in pay, not a metal.

I know, we all have felt we deserved a raise in pay. Well at least I have and I usually got them.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/78OS/walmart-raise-in-pay

I think walmart is just getting ahead of the game. I don't see the swipe at the Military.

I must have some mad skills on searching :thumb:

Gunny
11-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Wow. Well I'm in Dallas and I haven't seen this yet. It must be brand new. Do you remember which tv station/channel you saw it on?

Comparing being in the military and stocking shelves (typical job there) or checking groceries (mindlessly, from what I've experienced) at Walmart is asinine. Last I checked, checkers and stockers don't put their lives on the line or are in the line of fire (yet). I frequently get on their (management's) case (now) for stupid crap I've witnessed. They probably should get used to it. I don't just 'let things go' any more like I used to.

Probably TruTV, USA or TNT. I rarely have anything else on. The womens around here don't like sports.

DLT
11-13-2015, 02:06 PM
I believe this is the commercial that some are speaking of. I just think that when they mention there are no metals when you do your job, that is just what you do, and sometimes you deserve a raise in pay, not a metal.

I know, we all have felt we deserved a raise in pay. Well at least I have and I usually got them.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/78OS/walmart-raise-in-pay

I think walmart is just getting ahead of the game. I don't see the swipe at the Military.

I must have some mad skills on searching :thumb:

Thanks, hon. Yeah...I don't see the insult to the Military either. Much ado about nada, IMO.

Abbey Marie
11-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Probably TruTV, USA or TNT. I rarely have anything else on. The womens around here don't like sports.

I beg your pardon! I'm in a football pool and an NFL fantasy league, and do an NCAA pool as well in March. And Any Given Sunday you can find me watching red zone coverage, and a game or two.
But no, you will NEVER hear of me watching baseball. Just ain't happening. :laugh2:

However, a quick search of YouTube I did uncovered your ad a week ago, so no need to watch sports anyway. ;)

DLT
11-13-2015, 02:19 PM

How, exactly, is this a "sideways shot" at ""people who earn medals""?

There are no medals won for earning a living. It's just what you do for family.

That's quite a stretch there.

I used to get preached to by this liberal asswipe/moron that my then-boss at the time had allowed to move in temporarily (his business office was in his house). This idiot, who claimed she was ex-Mensa, used to shove anti-Walmart crap at me every day I came to work....to read...in her moronic leftist campaign against Walmart (in lock-step with the other liberal morons). This Einstein, who adored Obama, nearly burned my ex-bosses' damned house down due to her Mensa-like inability to multi-task (surf the net while cooking).

So I have a natural aversion (now) to anyone condemning Walmart unless I know damned well that Walmart deserves that condemnation. In this case (your case) it does not deserve it. Just sayin.....

Abbey Marie
11-13-2015, 02:22 PM

I used to get preached to by this liberal asswipe/moron that my then-boss at the time had allowed to move in temporarily (his business office was in his house). This idiot, who claimed she was ex-Mensa, used to shove anti-Walmart crap at me every day I came to work....to read...in her moronic leftist campaign against Walmart (in lock-step with the other liberal morons). This Einstein, who adored Obama, nearly burned my ex-bosses' damned house down due to her Mensa-like inability to multi-task (surf the net while cooking).

So I have a natural aversion (now) to anyone condemning Walmart unless I know damned well that Walmart deserves that condemnation. In this case (your case) it does not deserve it. Just sayin.....

Every day?! I think I'd have run the other way. Or claim a hostile workplace environment, lol.

DLT
11-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Every day?! I think I'd have run the other way. Or claim a hostile workplace environment, lol.

Oh I just humored the insane person when I was there. It was good for the point and laugh factor, if nothing else.

When she really got on my nerves, I told her I had work to do (hint hint). I did tell my then boss all about it though. He finally made her leave (after she did major damage to his kitchen, cost him his security deposit in the process, and ran up his electric bill by about $150/mo by constantly using his stove on her candles side business). If she had at least been attractive I could have understood his dementia re: letting her move in and stay there so long. But she was an ugly pig, to boot (ie typical leftie hag).

fj1200
11-13-2015, 02:39 PM
The only thing that's running and ruining the "mom n pop" shops out of business... is leftist DemocRat policies and lowered expectations of the Obamanation. It's stupid to blame Walmart for that.

What?

Gunny
11-13-2015, 02:44 PM

I don't think it's that big of a stretch. And I waited to process the info before I posted. WHO gets medals besides the military and police? Why even mention medals except to denigrate them? Wal Mart is giving all their part time employees a raise. Big whoop. My point is whole ad's a sham.

But a lot of those people who got those medals, can't work even part time at Wal Mart. Guess you got to be there. It's a cheap shot to me.

DLT
11-13-2015, 02:55 PM
I don't think it's that big of a stretch. And I waited to process the info before I posted. WHO gets medals besides the military and police? Why even mention medals except to denigrate them? Wal Mart is giving all their part time employees a raise. Big whoop. My point is whole ad's a sham.

But a lot of those people who got those medals, can't work even part time at Wal Mart. Guess you got to be there. It's a cheap shot to me.

I don't see it that way. Walmart has been traditionally right-leaning.....which equates to pro-veterans. Sure, they have caved into the 24/7 constant assault by the idiot left in America....finally...on certain issues. But this commercial is, in my opinion, not meant to insult the US military OR anyone that receives medals.

Gunny
11-13-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't see it that way. Walmart has been traditionally right-leaning.....which equates to pro-veterans. Sure, they have caved into the 24/7 constant assault by the idiot left in America....finally...on certain issues. But this commercial is, in my opinion, not meant to insult the US military OR anyone that receives medals.

It was right-leaning until Sam Walton died. It went to the grave with him.

Remember WalMart was established as "we sell products made in the US?" My uncle, who ended up a purchaser for WalMart made regular trips to Vietnam and Thailand. AFTER Sam died. They are not what they represent themselves to be anymore.