PDA

View Full Version : Justified

glockmail
11-12-2015, 02:26 PM
I've got hooked on this TV show, now on Amazon Prime. Just finished season 1 last night.

Season 1 show 1 US Deputy Marshal Raylan eggs on a drug lieutenant in Miami until the dude goes for his gun, then Raylan pops two in his chest with a .45, kills him. Hence the show title. The lord of the cartel is therefore out for revenge. Raylan gets transferred to his hometown in eastern TN until the shit blows over. Later show local meth king partners with the cartel lord and part of the deal is a contract killing of Raylan, enlisting Raylan's dad as a shooter.

Side plot, local hottie who had an adolescent crush on Raylan (she's a few years younger) kills her abusive husband, meth king's son #1. Meth king's son 2 goes after her and Raylan pops two in his chest, but he doesn't die, insteads finds Jesus in prison. Raylan scores on Hottie, forcing the judge to throw out their testimony and son 2 gets out of prison, forms a ministry of local losers. They blow up local meth production, so his dad, meth king, has him beat up badly then kills all his followers.

Raylan's ex-wife, super hot, seduces him and hottie #1 finds out. Hottie 1 then hooks up with son 2, who attempted to murder her before being nearly killed by Raylan then found Jesus.

The season ends with all the bad guys killing each other or getting killed by Raylan. Except for Miami drug lord who Raylan makes a gentleman's deal with to end the contract.

Good writing, so-so acting of disposable players but good acting by the permanent ones.

PixieStix
11-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Did you watch the Hannibal TV show? Maybe Amazon Prime has it.

Thank for giving us the review of Justified. I am looking for a new show.

Another suggestion, you may want to look into Orphan Black.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-13-2015, 09:35 AM
I've got hooked on this TV show, now on Amazon Prime. Just finished season 1 last night.

Season 1 show 1 US Deputy Marshal Raylan eggs on a drug lieutenant in Miami until the dude goes for his gun, then Raylan pops two in his chest with a .45, kills him. Hence the show title. The lord of the cartel is therefore out for revenge. Raylan gets transferred to his hometown in eastern TN until the shit blows over. Later show local meth king partners with the cartel lord and part of the deal is a contract killing of Raylan, enlisting Raylan's dad as a shooter.

Side plot, local hottie who had an adolescent crush on Raylan (she's a few years younger) kills her abusive husband, meth king's son #1. Meth king's son 2 goes after her and Raylan pops two in his chest, but he doesn't die, insteads finds Jesus in prison. Raylan scores on Hottie, forcing the judge to throw out their testimony and son 2 gets out of prison, forms a ministry of local losers. They blow up local meth production, so his dad, meth king, has him beat up badly then kills all his followers.

Raylan's ex-wife, super hot, seduces him and hottie #1 finds out. Hottie 1 then hooks up with son 2, who attempted to murder her before being nearly killed by Raylan then found Jesus.

The season ends with all the bad guys killing each other or getting killed by Raylan. Except for Miami drug lord who Raylan makes a gentleman's deal with to end the contract.

Good writing, so-so acting of disposable players but good acting by the permanent ones.

One of the few shows that I like on TV now. -Tyr

Gunny
11-13-2015, 09:50 AM
One of the few shows that I like on TV now. -Tyr

Is it still on TV? Critique time: I DO like the show. I hate his hat. Dude wants to play cowboy, he needs a good Stetson or Resistol.

It's also weird seeing him with hair since the first movie I saw him in was Hitman. He also needs to work on his drawl. He ain't got it down quite right. And just lose the blazer.

Bilgerat
11-13-2015, 09:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vNRZCLgxng

Gunny
11-13-2015, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vNRZCLgxng

That is one tacky hat. And it's too high on his forehead. And cowboys wear Wranglers. Not some sissy suit.

glockmail
11-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Maybe he's not a cowboy.

indago
11-13-2015, 11:00 AM
I watched a couple of episodes when it first came on...

BORING...

Gunny
11-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Maybe he's not a cowboy.

I figured that out. :laugh:

I like the show. I just hate that hat he wears. Just blows the whole deal.

Gunny
11-13-2015, 11:17 AM
I watched a couple of episodes when it first came on...

BORING...

The problem with almost all of these shows is they have ongoing drama. Let's have self-contained episodes please. I say my first Star Wars movie as a teen and I'm going to die of old age before they finish the crap. CSI and NCIS are the worst. I don't want to wait until next damned week and I don't want a two month long drama.

Bad guy commits crime .. good guys kill bad guys. You can do that in an hour. Hell, they did it in 30 minutes back in the day.

indago
11-13-2015, 03:40 PM
I got somewhat attached to this one...

Secrets & Lies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3516878/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5)

What a surprise ending this one had!

Gunny
11-13-2015, 03:41 PM
I got somewhat attached to this one...

Secrets & Lies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3516878/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5)

What a surprise ending this one had!

I STILL say he needs a straw with a wide brim. :)

Trigg
11-13-2015, 04:00 PM
I loved this show!!!!!!!!

Bilgerat
11-13-2015, 04:56 PM
I STILL say he needs a straw with a wide brim. :)

If it's any consolation, the hat "dies" in the end (lol)