PDA

View Full Version : Mom Blames Great Store Sale for Leaving Child in Hot Car

-Cp
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
FORT MYERS, Fla. — A 63-year-old woman blamed a great sale for the reason she left her small child locked inside a sweltering car for an hour.

Eileen Amy Politano, of North Fort Myers, Fla., was charged with felony child neglect Friday after leaving an 11-month-old girl in a car while she went into a grocery store.

Store employees said they saw the girl crying in the car and were able to rescue her before police arrived. Outside temperature were upward of 85 degrees.

Politano told police she intended to run into the store for a few minutes to buy some meat for dinner, but said there were too many specials to pass up.

When medical personnel asked Politano to give the child something to drink, she reportedly reached into her car and grabbed a bottle of spoiled formula.

Politano was released on $1,500 bond.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288798,00.html

Kathianne
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
FORT MYERS, Fla. — A 63-year-old woman blamed a great sale for the reason she left her small child locked inside a sweltering car for an hour.

Eileen Amy Politano, of North Fort Myers, Fla., was charged with felony child neglect Friday after leaving an 11-month-old girl in a car while she went into a grocery store.

Store employees said they saw the girl crying in the car and were able to rescue her before police arrived. Outside temperature were upward of 85 degrees.

Politano told police she intended to run into the store for a few minutes to buy some meat for dinner, but said there were too many specials to pass up.

When medical personnel asked Politano to give the child something to drink, she reportedly reached into her car and grabbed a bottle of spoiled formula.

63 years old, with an 11 month old? :confused:

-Cp
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
A Grandma perhaps?

Kathianne
07-10-2007, 01:20 PM
A Grandma perhaps?

I don't know, it says 'her child'? Dunno?

Monkeybone
07-10-2007, 01:22 PM
maybe she has custody, which she should lose now if she is that out of her mind

Abbey Marie
07-10-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't know, it says 'her child'? Dunno?

I read it to be her child, too. :dunno:

darin
07-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Formula? for an 11-month old? I think we've assumed the child to be hers; may not be the case.

-Cp
07-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Well.. the article speaks of it as "her child" in the first sentence.. but says "after leaving an 11-month-old girl in a car while she went into a grocery store..."

That doesn't make it sound like hers.... kinda odd.. how they worded it..

Kathianne
07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Well.. the article speaks of it as "her child" in the first sentence.. but says "after leaving an 11-month-old girl in a car while she went into a grocery store..."

That doesn't make it sound like hers.... kinda odd.. how they worded it..

Why I noticed? Beats me! :laugh2: Waiting for some kids to come to tutor. Bored.

nevadamedic
07-10-2007, 02:34 PM

There are 50 and 60 year olds having kids now. I forgot what and how they do it. We talked about it on this board when I first joined.

Mr. P
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Released? She shoulda been shot on the spot!

remie
07-11-2007, 07:27 AM

My thoughts exactly