PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about coffee

jimnyc
11-14-2015, 09:51 AM
Does decaf really still count as coffee? I can't sleep past 3am anymore. Then I toss and turn for hours. My Doc thinks it's the caffeine. Who would have though that drinking 4-6 cups of coffee a day could keep you up at night? But I was like "Why do I fall asleep no problem then, for hours, until I wake up and go to the bathroom?" - he reminded me that I take medicine already for a sleep/mood disorder which kinda knocks me out a bit, then when that wears off, he seems to think the "adrenaline" kicks in. So now he wants me to try no more than 1 cup per day, if that, or better yet try and switch to decaf altogether.

Life without coffee? Is that even possible?

Gunny
11-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Does decaf really still count as coffee? I can't sleep past 3am anymore. Then I toss and turn for hours. My Doc thinks it's the caffeine. Who would have though that drinking 4-6 cups of coffee a day could keep you up at night? But I was like "Why do I fall asleep no problem then, for hours, until I wake up and go to the bathroom?" - he reminded me that I take medicine already for a sleep/mood disorder which kinda knocks me out a bit, then when that wears off, he seems to think the "adrenaline" kicks in. So now he wants me to try no more than 1 cup per day, if that, or better yet try and switch to decaf altogether.

Life without coffee? Is that even possible?

F*ck no. What's the point to drinking it if it's decaf?

1 cup a day? You might as well just go shoot yourself. :laugh:

jimnyc
11-14-2015, 09:59 AM
F*ck no. What's the point to drinking it if it's decaf?

1 cup a day? You might as well just go shoot yourself. :laugh:

That was kinda my line of thinking when he said this. Don't they have something to counteract the caffeine? Now I got change my whole lifestyle? I suppose it's either the coffee, or up all night not being able to pee and tossing and turning!

Gunny
11-14-2015, 10:12 AM
That was kinda my line of thinking when he said this. Don't they have something to counteract the caffeine? Now I got change my whole lifestyle? I suppose it's either the coffee, or up all night not being able to pee and tossing and turning!

:laugh:

Name your poison, bubba. We're ALL going to die. I'm not going to be miserable getting there. If I spent all the time doctors have told me crap to do, and what to eat, I'd have already driven off a cliff. I like my coffee and I like fried food and I put a ton of salt and pepper on it and I drink Coke or ice tea all day. I've only been sleeping at night lately because I get a baby at 7 AM and she doesn't get picked up until around 9 PM. You could always try THAT. It works like a charm. :laugh: