PDA

View Full Version : Trump surges to 42 percent in poll

jimnyc
11-14-2015, 11:39 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After a week in which he hosted Saturday Night Live and stood center-stage at a Republican debate, Donald Trump is surging among Republicans likely to cast votes in the party’s presidential primary.

According to the five-day rolling Reuters/Ipsos presidential poll, Trump has leapt some 17 percentage points among likely Republican voters since Nov. 6, when he was essentially tied with Ben Carson at about 25 percent. Trump now captures 42 percent of those voters while Carson has fallen off slightly.

Among all Republicans - not simply likely primary voters -Trump holds a substantial edge over Carson, at 34 percent to about 20 percent, according to the Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Trump’s appearance on NBC's Saturday Night Live earned the program its highest ratings in two years, with 9.3 million viewers tuning in. Then, on Tuesday, 13.5 million viewers watched the debate from Milwaukee broadcast on the Fox Business Network.

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-surges-among-likely-republican-primary-voters-reuters-213521679.html

Gunny
11-14-2015, 11:41 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After a week in which he hosted Saturday Night Live and stood center-stage at a Republican debate, Donald Trump is surging among Republicans likely to cast votes in the party’s presidential primary.

According to the five-day rolling Reuters/Ipsos presidential poll, Trump has leapt some 17 percentage points among likely Republican voters since Nov. 6, when he was essentially tied with Ben Carson at about 25 percent. Trump now captures 42 percent of those voters while Carson has fallen off slightly.

Among all Republicans - not simply likely primary voters -Trump holds a substantial edge over Carson, at 34 percent to about 20 percent, according to the Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Trump’s appearance on NBC's Saturday Night Live earned the program its highest ratings in two years, with 9.3 million viewers tuning in. Then, on Tuesday, 13.5 million viewers watched the debate from Milwaukee broadcast on the Fox Business Network.

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-surges-among-likely-republican-primary-voters-reuters-213521679.html

Carson won't win. But if Trump does, we're screwed.

Black Diamond
11-14-2015, 12:06 PM
If he pounces on this terror attack re illegal immigration, he could surge more.

Gunny
11-14-2015, 12:14 PM
If he pounces on this terror attack re illegal immigration, he could surge more.

Good point. He could. And it would work.

LongTermGuy
11-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Carson won't win. But if Trump does, we're screwed.

America aint got nothing going for it now....all the candidates are weak ...soft...nice...easy going...slow..and dependent (Cruz isnt weak...but depends on others...but he will make a good VP)

​America is screwed if Donald doesn't win....

Trump / Cruz....

LongTermGuy
11-15-2015, 12:57 AM

Yes good point...and he will and should...

reason10
11-15-2015, 03:54 AM
America aint got nothing going for it now....all the candidates are weak ...soft...nice...easy going...slow..and dependent (Cruz isnt weak...but depends on others...but he will make a good VP)

​America is screwed if Donald doesn't win....

Trump / Cruz....

The next president will either be Donald Trump or Hillary. That's just the way it is. Trump is the only one who can keep America from using this "first female president" nonsense to saddle us with a criminal.

Trump/Cruz is the perfect ticket. Trump/Carson would have been a total landslide, but I don't see those two reconciling. Trump/Cruz means superior vision with a running mate who can help deal with Congress.

America IS screwed if THE DONALD doesn't win.

reason10
11-15-2015, 03:55 AM
Yes good point...and he will and should...

He should point out that Obama is committing treason by wanting to bring those same terrorists to our shores as refugees.

LongTermGuy
11-15-2015, 09:54 AM
He should point out that Obama is committing treason by wanting to bring those same terrorists to our shores as refugees.

*Good Morning and Welcome to the site "reason10".......

Drummond
11-15-2015, 11:56 AM
*Good Morning and Welcome to the site "reason10".......

I like what I've read, so far !

Gunny
11-15-2015, 12:01 PM
The next president will either be Donald Trump or Hillary. That's just the way it is. Trump is the only one who can keep America from using this "first female president" nonsense to saddle us with a criminal.

Trump/Cruz is the perfect ticket. Trump/Carson would have been a total landslide, but I don't see those two reconciling. Trump/Cruz means superior vision with a running mate who can help deal with Congress.

America IS screwed if THE DONALD doesn't win.

I don't agree. Yet. Trump is a Rhonda Rousey -- one trick pony. If he lasts, so be it. There are far better qualified people in the field than Trump. And there's NOBODY anymore angrier than I am. I'd like to toss Obama into a wheelchair from a bankshot off the wall and dump his ass in the street. I just don't believe to need to replace one bag of hot air with another.

gabosaurus
11-15-2015, 12:04 PM
I don't agree. Yet. Trump is a Rhonda Rousey -- one trick pony. If he lasts, so be it. There are far better qualified people in the field than Trump.

I find your comparison quite intriguing. Trump has spent several months charging head on into every debate and every situation. I keep waiting for that one kick to the head where he goes down.

Gunny
11-15-2015, 12:33 PM
I find your comparison quite intriguing. Trump has spent several months charging head on into every debate and every situation. I keep waiting for that one kick to the head where he goes down.

There are people that like him and I understand their anger. I just don't see replacing the idiot we have with another one as the answer. I don't think I've heard one realistic solution out of him yet.

My concern is there no "one kick to the head". He's divided conservatives. I'd LOVE that "one kick to the head". Sooner he goes out, the sooner we move on. The last thing I want in this world is Hillary as President because someone divides us. The next last thing I want is someone who doesn't know how to govern. Oh, I just repeated myself. :laugh:

I also don't want some GOP lackey, but anything is preferable to another lying, shyster lawyer Clinton playing word games with the law.

I just don't see Trump as the answer.

pete311
11-17-2015, 12:05 AM
I'm stunned any educated conservative can even stand looking at Trump. He's a reality TV clown and he's absolutely trashing the GOP's fragile credibility.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm stunned any educated conservative can even stand looking at Trump. He's a reality TV clown and he's absolutely trashing the GOP's fragile credibility.

If he can only get a few votes from rednecks and such, as you stated in another thread, how in the world can he hurt the GOP - if the overwhelming majority are actually against him?

Gunny
11-17-2015, 10:00 AM
If he can only get a few votes from rednecks and such, as you stated in another thread, how in the world can he hurt the GOP - if the overwhelming majority are actually against him?

Y'all don't get it. And WTF is Pete? Trump is just the flip-side of Obama. You're so busy being angry you aren't listening his non-plan. "I'm going to get wonderful people to do these wonderful things". Hell of a plan. Not. He'd neever get any of his rhetoric past Congress so then what? He's got a pen and a phone. Just like our current tyrant.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Y'all don't get it. And WTF is Pete? Trump is just the flip-side of Obama. You're so busy being angry you aren't listening his non-plan. "I'm going to get wonderful people to do these wonderful things". Hell of a plan. Not. He'd neever get any of his rhetoric past Congress so then what? He's got a pen and a phone. Just like our current tyrant.

I can use that argument for every single candidate today, and every candidate of the past 20 years. And I have listened VERY closely to his plans, and I like what I have heard thus far. Especially his immigration and economical plans. Even if he can't get rid of illegals, his ideas of enforcement and a wall appeal to me. But I love his economical planning thus far. I LOVE his ideas of what he would like to do with the VA and help vets. His trade positions are great, and I agree with how we are losing to other nations. Of course his position on the 2nd is a no brainer with me.

While others may not like him. The time to say he has no plans is long past. Maybe some don't like his plans thus far, but they are there and easily readable.

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:12 AM
The overwhelming majority of conservatives are in the poor southern bible belt. Read between my lines. The GOP to beat Hilary must be unified and showcase someone with actual chops like Rubio or Cruz. Trump vs Hillary and most moderates will bail on Trump.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:16 AM
The overwhelming majority of conservatives are in the poor southern bible belt. Read between my lines. The GOP to beat Hilary must be unified and showcase someone with actual chops like Rubio or Cruz. Trump vs Hillary and most moderates will bail on Trump.

I'm glad you know what everyone wants. Too bad I've yet to see many of those people. Most are sick and tired of a shitty economy, a shitty border and shitty foreign policy leading to scumbags like ISIS. We've already seen how the folks with no brains on the left handle these issues.

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm glad you know what everyone wants. Too bad I've yet to see many of those people. Most are sick and tired of a shitty economy, a shitty border and shitty foreign policy leading to scumbags like ISIS. We've already seen how the folks with no brains on the left handle these issues.
Bush and Cheney's blunders ultimately led to ISIS let's get that straight. Obama's economy numbers also look much better than in the Bush years.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Bush and Cheney's blunders ultimately led to ISIS let's get that straight. Obama's economy numbers also look much better than in the Bush years.

I wondered just how many posts it would take before you went to "Bush" :laugh2:

The blunder was McChimpy cowering and running, which then allowed for ISIS to come forth. But yeah, stay as a typical liberal and go back to "Bush". Brain dead fucking idiots.

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:30 AM
I wondered just how many posts it would take before you went to "Bush" :laugh2:

The blunder was McChimpy cowering and running, which then allowed for ISIS to come forth. But yeah, stay as a typical liberal and go back to "Bush". Brain dead fucking idiots.

Cowering and running? How about he probably saved thousands of US solders lives fighting a war half way across the world that shouldn't have had anything to do with us. It does go back to Bush. Because he put us in a war that we could never leave. We'd have to be there for dozens of years. That is occupation, not war.

Gunny
11-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Cowering and running? How about he probably saved thousands of US solders lives fighting a war half way across the world that shouldn't have had anything to do with us. It does go back to Bush. Because he put us in a war that we could never leave. We'd have to be there for dozens of years. That is occupation, not war.

How about the millions of Arab lives he's cost, and the number of lives it' going to cost to take back what we already had and he gave up?

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:34 AM

Yes, and thanks to that cutting and running, thousands and thousands and thousands are dead in Iraq and Syria and now we're being drawn back in anyway. Obama STILL made the wrong decision on HIS watch, and here is ISIS.

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Yes, and thanks to that cutting and running, thousands and thousands and thousands are dead in Iraq and Syria and now we're being drawn back in anyway. Obama STILL made the wrong decision on HIS watch, and here is ISIS.

Neither the Iraq nor Syrian civial wars were our wars to begin with

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:38 AM

That doesn't change the fact that Obama's decisions lead DIRECTLY to the creation of ISIS. He left and allowed them to grow into what they are now, because he's a wuss, like a typical democrat/liberal.

pete311
11-17-2015, 10:39 AM
That doesn't change the fact that Obama's decisions lead DIRECTLY to the creation of ISIS. He left and allowed them to grow into what they are now, because he's a wuss, like a typical democrat/liberal.
We had a withdraw schedule for years and not one other surrounding country tried to step in. Our troops were dying for nothing. It was our generation's vietnam.

Gunny
11-17-2015, 10:43 AM

Yeah, and it won't matter when Iran starts launching nukes and destroys everyone over nothing but a bastardized version of a religion, right? I was always taught that when you created a mess, you cleaned up after yourself. Our Coward in Chief walked out on the middle of the job.

pete311
11-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah, and it won't matter when Iran starts launching nukes and destroys everyone over nothing but a bastardized version of a religion, right? I was always taught that when you created a mess, you cleaned up after yourself. Our Coward in Chief walked out on the middle of the job.

Iran just like cold war Russia isn't going to start a nuclear war. Clean up after yourself? Are you willing to have 100k+ troops in Iraq for 30 years?

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Iran just like cold war Russia isn't going to start a nuclear war. Clean up after yourself? Are you willing to have 100k+ troops in Iraq for 30 years?

It wouldn't take that long to rid the world of ISIS - if ninnies like you on the left didn't expect PC crap from our soldiers, and rather, let them do what they were trained to do - and go in, kill and win the fucking war. But Noooooooooooo, then you guys scream "baby killers" and all kinds of other shit to condemn the troops. I'm all for sending over a massive air force and carpet bomb these scumbags into oblivion, and keep doing so if any more appear.

pete311
11-17-2015, 01:38 PM
It wouldn't take that long to rid the world of ISIS - if ninnies like you on the left didn't expect PC crap from our soldiers, and rather, let them do what they were trained to do - and go in, kill and win the fucking war. But Noooooooooooo, then you guys scream "baby killers" and all kinds of other shit to condemn the troops. I'm all for sending over a massive air force and carpet bomb these scumbags into oblivion, and keep doing so if any more appear.

Wouldn't take that long... I've heard that before, yeah... "Mission Accomplished".

ISIS has an estimated 25k fighters. The population of Iraq and Syria is about 50 million. You're telling me that you want to carpet bomb 50 million civilians to kill 25k fighters?

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't take that long... I've heard that before, yeah... "Mission Accomplished".

ISIS has an estimated 25k fighters. The population of Iraq and Syria is about 50 million. You're telling me that you want to carpet bomb 50 million civilians to kill 25k fighters?

Uh, no. The idea would be to carpet bomb where they are at, via intel on the ground. But hit the with massive ordinances, and if there is collateral damage, so be it.

pete311
11-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Uh, no. The idea would be to carpet bomb where they are at, via intel on the ground. But hit the with massive ordinances, and if there is collateral damage, so be it.

Learn nothing from vietnam and the first 10 years of the Iraq war? They operate within civilian areas in civilian clothes. You can't win a motivated guerrilla war. When will we learn that.

pete311
11-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Your thoughts on collateral damage is exactly the motivation the next generation needs and gives them the excuse to attack you.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Learn nothing from vietnam and the first 10 years of the Iraq war? They operate within civilian areas in civilian clothes. You can't win a motivated guerrilla war. When will we learn that.

Your thoughts on collateral damage is exactly the motivation the next generation needs and gives them the excuse to attack you.

Like I said, you are a wuss, and you and your ilk are the reason that our military men and women get killed, being out there walking on eggshells instead of doing what they were trained to do. War is evil and sucks, people will die, better it be those over there than our men and women. But you would rather make them hold back, and then you have ISIS. And then have an idiot in office that is afraid to hit them hard, and they grow and grow.

Gunny
11-17-2015, 01:51 PM

YOUR thoughts on collateral damage keeps us from winning wars.

pete311
11-17-2015, 01:53 PM
YOUR thoughts on collateral damage keeps us from winning wars.

Wars we never should have started. Total waste of resources and men.

pete311
11-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Also if ISIS ends up attacking your city and blows up your family who were innocent. Will you just chalk it up to their good strategy? High five them and tell them good job on winning the war? You need to flip your perspective.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Also if ISIS ends up attacking your city and blows up your family who were innocent. Will you just chalk it up to their good strategy? High five them and tell them good job on winning the war? You need to flip your perspective.

I don't think so. Your line of thinking is the weakness of our military and why ISIS exists.

pete311
11-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Your line of thinking is the weakness of our military and why ISIS exists.

How absurd

Gunny
11-17-2015, 02:07 PM
Wars we never should have started. Total waste of resources and men.

Well THERE is some good strategy. The war WAS started so win it. We aren't at the "we didn't do it" part you lefties constantly try to reset to and blame Bush. The blame for THIS crap falls on Obama. You could blame Clinton who wasted half my career doing nothing.

Try blaming Muhammed. There's an idea. Try blaming ISIS.

What's a waste of manpower and resources is doing nothing when we could have stopped this from the start. Instead, people like you want to wait until it's so big a cancer it costs us 100x as much.

Gunny
11-17-2015, 02:08 PM

Stupid statement and piss-poor attempt at an illogical analogy.