PDA

View Full Version : Pastafarian

indago
11-15-2015, 06:43 AM
From Rapid News Network 15 November 2015:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lindsay Miller says she is a Pastafarian, also known as a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which is a secular religion that believes the existence of a “spaghetti monster” to be just as possible as the existence of God. ...Lindsay Miller, from MA, USA, was originally told by the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) that she would not be able to wear the drainer on her head. She says wearing the spaghetti strainer allows her to express her beliefs.

article (http://rapidnewsnetwork.com/woman-allowed-to-wear-colander-in-driver-s-license-photo-after-appeal/284280/)

http://i64.tinypic.com/1490bbb.jpg

Gunny
11-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Lindsay Miller says she is a Pastafarian, also known as a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which is a secular religion that believes the existence of a “spaghetti monster” to be just as possible as the existence of God. ...Lindsay Miller, from MA, USA, was originally told by the MA Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) that she would not be able to wear the drainer on her head. She says wearing the spaghetti strainer allows her to express her beliefs.

article (http://rapidnewsnetwork.com/woman-allowed-to-wear-colander-in-driver-s-license-photo-after-appeal/284280/)

I think you might have misspelled that a little. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Two thoughts:

1. I've long thought that this explains a lot of people: If you can't look good, look weird.

2. I wouldn't want to be her on the day she meets the real and living God whom she mocks today.

revelarts
11-16-2015, 03:16 PM
If the worse atheist did is wear Kitchen Utensils on their heads and mock like kids on the playground that'd be a relief.

As it is they've removed prayer from public life, especially schools.
Removed the written scripture from various public venues.
Practically striped the Bible and Biblical moral teaching from public and higher education.
And consistently block various morals applications from public legal consideration.
Among other things.

I wished they'd all just wear stupid hats and chuckle.

Gunny
11-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Two thoughts:

1. I've long thought that this explains a lot of people: If you can't look good, look weird.

2. I wouldn't want to be her on the day she meets the real and living God whom she mocks today.

THAT is the trick and why I try to not them bother me. Gonna suck to be them in the end.

gabosaurus
11-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Once again, you people are mocking a person's freedom of religion.
Learn about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and your soul (or at least your pasta) will be set free!

http://www.venganza.org/

Russ
11-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Two thoughts:

In regard to point #2 - I can understand that someone might have no faith, but I don't understand someone like this nitwit who on top of having no faith, feels like a major part of her life needs to be mockery of those people who do have faith. That smirk on her face will look a lot different when she does meet her maker.

In regard to point #1 - you're right, there's no way she was gonna look good, so she may as well put a spaghetti pot on her head and pretend that she was going for "weird" the whole time...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-18-2015, 10:25 PM
In regard to point #2 - I can understand that someone might have no faith, but I don't understand someone like this nitwit who on top of having no faith, feels like a major part of her life needs to be mockery of those people who do have faith. That smirk on her face will look a lot different when she does meet her maker.

In regard to point #1 - you're right, there's no way she was gonna look good, so she may as well put a spaghetti pot on her head and pretend that she was going for "weird" the whole time...

A country fried Southern man would look at her picture and say, What an ugly biaaatch.,. she'd make a train take a dirt road...
And whats on her head should be over her face. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly and fat too. Truth and humor--we love it... :laugh: --Tyr

gabosaurus
11-18-2015, 11:52 PM
A country fried Southern man would look at her picture and say, What an ugly biaaatch.,. she'd make a train take a dirt road...
And whats on her head should be over her face. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly and fat too. --Tyr

If you were a REAL homegrown Southern man, you would marry her anyway. Particularly if she owned a new truck (or a bass boat) and knew how to fix up a mean batch of vittles.

Russ
11-19-2015, 07:34 AM

By the way, since she has now declared that the spaghetti strainer is so much a part of her faith that she needs to wear it during her driver's license photo, I say she should now be required to wear it 24/7. Just give me some super glue and a stapler, and I'll help her make sure her beloved spaghetti strainer never falls from her quirky head. ;)

Jeff
11-19-2015, 08:05 AM
If you were a REAL homegrown Southern man, you would marry her anyway. Particularly if she owned a new truck (or a bass boat) and knew how to fix up a mean batch of vittles.

Gabs you will have to set a lunch date with a southern man, I don't know maybe the senator of GA or something, because apparently as usual you have no idea what you speak of.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-19-2015, 08:46 AM

No way, you are confusing me with some of the dumbass transplants that move down here from other parts of this nation. Kalifornification being one of the ones.
We Southern men work to buy our own toys, fast cars, bad-ass, trucks, fine guns, fishing gear etc..
We do not marry ugly women to get such.
Maybe you've been hanging around too many illegals and seeing that.--Tyr

gabosaurus
11-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Gabs you will have to set a lunch date with a southern man, I don't know maybe the senator of GA or something, because apparently as usual you have no idea what you speak of.

Once again, the humor and sarcasm flies right over your head. :rolleyes:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QSPxP0fxL.jpg

Gunny
11-19-2015, 11:25 AM

You might want to try again. I ain't marrying jack shit that ugly. There ain't even going to be a date, much less sex. Not even for a new truck and fishing boat.

Abbey Marie
11-19-2015, 11:42 AM
By the way, since she has now declared that the spaghetti strainer is so much a part of her faith that she needs to wear it during her driver's license photo, I say she should now be required to wear it 24/7. Just give me some super glue and a stapler, and I'll help her make sure her beloved spaghetti strainer never falls from her quirky head. ;)

:laugh2: You mean she can't even switch collanders, or take it off to sleep? You're tough!

Voted4Reagan
11-19-2015, 12:38 PM
In the Pastafarian Heaven there is a Beer Volcano and a factory that makes Strippers.

I'm In!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
11-19-2015, 03:46 PM
In the Pastafarian Heaven there is a Beer Volcano and a factory that makes Strippers.

I'm In!!!!!!

Yeah, but they all look just like her. :laugh:

Russ
11-19-2015, 07:23 PM

Lol, then I'm out! :laugh2:

Russ
11-19-2015, 07:25 PM
:laugh2: You mean she can't even switch collanders, or take it off to sleep? You're tough!

Tough? No way, I'm only helping her commune with the Spaghetti Poobah or Spaghetti Doge, or whatever. She can thank me later. :thumb:

Elessar
11-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Learn about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and your soul (or at least your pasta) will be set free!

Weird is just simply Weird!

Voted4Reagan
11-19-2015, 09:33 PM

You were never in...you huckleberry....
The Missus would kill you

Abbey Marie
11-20-2015, 12:35 AM

This is a smart man, Russ. You should listen to him.

:coffee:

Jeff
11-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Once again, the humor and sarcasm flies right over your head. :rolleyes:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QSPxP0fxL.jpg

Yea, it seemed to fly over everyone's head, imagine that. Funny how it is humor and sarcasim once you are called on it.

Jeff
11-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Once again a atheist that doesn't believe in anything ( they say ) believes so little that she must ridicule those of us that have faith. I am confused, if I don't believe in something I don't even think of it, much less make myself look like a ass**** in front of the world. Go figure.

Voted4Reagan
11-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Once again a atheist that doesn't believe in anything ( they say ) believes so little that she must ridicule those of us that have faith. I am confused, if I don't believe in something I don't even think of it, much less make myself look like a ass**** in front of the world. Go figure.

Everyone's an atheist until the plane starts going down...

Gunny
11-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Everyone's an atheist until the plane starts going down...

Sounds Air Force. "Everyone's a Christian in a foxhole".

Russ
11-21-2015, 08:57 AM

Not to worry. I started out my post with "Lol", and by Internet rules that means I have a disclaimer for anything after that I say. :laugh2: (Lol)

Gunny
11-21-2015, 01:27 PM

I'm In!!!!!!

Not if they look like that thing in the OP. I already shave my head so just give me the monk outfit.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-21-2015, 01:28 PM

OUCHIEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :beer:

My friend, she got ya with that deep cut...
Humor, great medicine for the soul.. :beer: :beer: :beer:--Tyr

Gunny
11-21-2015, 01:28 PM

No sh*t. Guess we can be monks together. :laugh:

Gunny
11-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Yea, it seemed to fly over everyone's head, imagine that. Funny how it is humor and sarcasim once you are called on it.

C'mon, you're talking to a bunch of yankees. You DO remember them, right? I'm from the South. I got it.

Beer, bait n ammo n git yer ass in the truck. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-21-2015, 04:34 PM
C'mon, you're talking to a bunch of yankees. You DO remember them, right? I'm from the South. I got it.

Beer, bait n ammo n git yer ass in the truck. :laugh:

And on a nice day, its -- " honey, git yer ass in the truck"! - :laugh:
I bez Southern born and bred too.. -Tyr

Gunny
11-21-2015, 04:37 PM

What nice day is THAT? You start callin' m honey and they start wanting a new apron and new housecoat. :laugh2:

WiccanLiberal
11-21-2015, 04:43 PM

http://img.memecdn.com/pastafarianism_o_285501.jpg

Gunny
11-21-2015, 05:02 PM
http://img.memecdn.com/pastafarianism_o_285501.jpg

No magic wand?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-22-2015, 10:27 AM
What nice day is THAT? You start callin' m honey and they start wanting a new apron and new housecoat. :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2:--- :beer:--Tyr

Gunny
11-22-2015, 10:50 AM
:laugh2::laugh2:--- :beer:--Tyr

And it's getting to be winter. They'll want houseshoes for Christmas. Guess if I want dinner though I'll have to go out the $20 for the package set at the Dollar Store. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
11-22-2015, 01:16 PM

Awww, how sweet! :laugh2:

Gunny
11-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Awww, how sweet! :laugh2:

Some times you just have to Southern to get it. And this post is aimed in general, not specifically at you. I think you're a class act so this is pointed at those who DON'T get it.

Y'all sit around talking crap and stereotyping and profiling Southerners and rednecks in general like you think you hurt our feelings. We make fun of ourselves more than you do. Y'all are so busy getting your feelings hurt for being called what you are, it's ridiculous. You're damned right I Southern. And if Jeff Foxworthy is on, consider the tube commandeered. He's funny as Hell and a lot of the stereotypes have a basis in truth.

More than few people in this country need to just that stick out their rears and quit looking for excuses to be offended, or afraid. The latter applies to most in the GOP. I get tired of listening to people whine about crap that doesn't really matter.

Had a guy one night tell me "Hey, you're bald". Well, no sh*t, Sherlock. What was your FIRST clue? That my head is shaved? Or that my head is shaved? I just laughed. I had a wannabe Einstein on my hands.:laugh:

indago
11-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Had a guy one night tell me "Hey, you're bald". Well, no sh*t, Sherlock. What was your FIRST clue? That my head is shaved? Or that my head is shaved? I just laughed. I had a wannabe Einstein on my hands.:laugh:

Well, when you got your long billed baseball cap on nobody can tell...

Perianne
11-22-2015, 05:57 PM

That is pure genius.

Gunny
11-22-2015, 06:08 PM
That is pure genius.

He's pretty smart for a dumbass, Christian, gun-totin' redneck. :laugh:

Jeff
11-23-2015, 12:22 AM
He's pretty smart for a dumbass, Christian, gun-totin' redneck. :laugh:

Hey hey hey, I am a Genius :laugh:

Honestly I like the Dumbass title better, its much less liberal sounding. :laugh:

Gunny
11-23-2015, 01:09 AM
Well, when you got your long billed baseball cap on nobody can tell...

I do wear a ball cap. You know how much fat you got between your skin and skull? It's like a frying pan. And there is NO sunburn pain like the top of your head. Well, maybe one other place. :laugh:

Gunny
11-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Hey hey hey, I am a Genius :laugh:

Honestly I like the Dumbass title better, its much less liberal sounding. :laugh:

You didn't think I was going to say anything nice didja?:slap: