PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Steelers

jimnyc
11-15-2015, 11:40 AM
Ben was practicing a little on Thursday and more so on Friday. He's kinda ready to go today but they're starting Landy Jones instead and Ben is there to back him up. WTF? $100+ millon dollar backup? We need this game!! If we go down by 3 points or more they better put him in. The Brownies have QB issues too and they are starting Johnny Manziel. I like Johnny, but not today. Scare him into sacks and mistakes and keep their scoring down. He hasn't really played worth a crap since coming to the NFL, and he better not start today.

And then at 4:30 it will be fun, watching NE at the Giants. I'll root for the Giants, only to see NE lose their unbeaten streak. But if the game gets out of hand, and the Giants blow it, I hope NE wins like 74-0.

Gunny
11-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Ben was practicing a little on Thursday and more so on Friday. He's kinda ready to go today but they're starting Landy Jones instead and Ben is there to back him up. WTF? $100+ millon dollar backup? We need this game!! If we go down by 3 points or more they better put him in. The Brownies have QB issues too and they are starting Johnny Manziel. I like Johnny, but not today. Scare him into sacks and mistakes and keep their scoring down. He hasn't really played worth a crap since coming to the NFL, and he better not start today.

And then at 4:30 it will be fun, watching NE at the Giants. I'll root for the Giants, only to see NE lose their unbeaten streak. But if the game gets out of hand, and the Giants blow it, I hope NE wins like 74-0.

As long as the defense shows and plays their game, Manziel won't be too much of an issue. He doesn't fit the Cleveland offense. THAT is what his problem is. He needs a West Coast offense type to be effective. BUT it IS an inter-divisional rivalry, so who knows?

Not sure I'd risk a season-ending injury on my star QB over one game though.

Gunny
11-16-2015, 02:38 AM
You were worried about WHAT exactly? Shit, I hope MY ankle gets that screwed up. Ben's a warrior. He came out to play. Probably had duct tape on his foot.

And you were in doubt. Some Steelers fan YOU are. :poke:

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 09:35 AM
You were worried about WHAT exactly? Shit, I hope MY ankle gets that screwed up. Ben's a warrior. He came out to play. Probably had duct tape on his foot.

And you were in doubt. Some Steelers fan YOU are. :poke:

I was worried - only until Jones was injured. I don't like to see a Steelers player injured, but when they're replaced by Big Ben.... And then he came in as a relief and tossed for nearly 300 yards in the first half. Bryant had 6 catches for 178 yards and Antonio Brown another 10 for 139 and now leads the NFL in receiving yards.

And now a bye week.

Gunny
11-16-2015, 09:49 AM
I was worried - only until Jones was injured. I don't like to see a Steelers player injured, but when they're replaced by Big Ben.... And then he came in as a relief and tossed for nearly 300 yards in the first half. Bryant had 6 catches for 178 yards and Antonio Brown another 10 for 139 and now leads the NFL in receiving yards.

And now a bye week.

I never worry about players like Ben. He's old school. He'd climb out of his hospital bed, duct tape and tie wire himself together and show up to the game. Crap, if I'd had a company of Marines like that? You'd be calling me Sheik Gunny cuz I'[d OWN the ME.

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 09:55 AM
I never worry about players like Ben. He's old school. He'd climb out of his hospital bed, duct tape and tie wire himself together and show up to the game. Crap, if I'd had a company of Marines like that? You'd be calling me Sheik Gunny cuz I'[d OWN the ME.

Brett Keisel was at the game (Da Beard), former lineman who just retired. They asked him about Ben once he went in and started playing so well. He was like "Oh yeah, Ben's a warrior, real competitive, he wants to win at everything or he'll whine or cry". :) I'm sure Ben will be thrilled with that! LOL

Gunny
11-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Brett Keisel was at the game (Da Beard), former lineman who just retired. They asked him about Ben once he went in and started playing so well. He was like "Oh yeah, Ben's a warrior, real competitive, he wants to win at everything or he'll whine or cry". :) I'm sure Ben will be thrilled with that! LOL

I have to disagree with Keisel. Crap, if I was hurt cold or hungry, I wouldn't know how to act. So I can understand Ben. Dude comes to play. And isn't Kiesel retired? Guess he DOESN'T still come to play.

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 10:13 AM
I have to disagree with Keisel. Crap, if I was hurt cold or hungry, I wouldn't know how to act. So I can understand Ben. Dude comes to play. And isn't Kiesel retired? Guess he DOESN'T still come to play.

He did! Can't put down the Beard. I think he retired 2x only to have them call him back up due to injuries. He's also played injured non-stop. He was a helluva lineman for many years!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tCNrSOLijL0/UlRjgtGh4SI/AAAAAAABMkA/ShrqFNKundY/s1600/Brett+Keisel.jpg

Gunny
11-16-2015, 10:18 AM
He did! Can't put down the Beard. I think he retired 2x only to have them call him back up due to injuries. He's also played injured non-stop. He was a helluva lineman for many years!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tCNrSOLijL0/UlRjgtGh4SI/AAAAAAABMkA/ShrqFNKundY/s1600/Brett+Keisel.jpg

I remember who he is. You know how I am though ... in your face. Ben comes off the bench and throws for 379 yards and Kiesel takes a cheap shot at him. Good thing he never played for Dallas. Every time Tony Homo bends his thumb he's out half the damned season.

I'm just not sure how that Smith or Jones or whatever guy can play back for both the Cowboys and the Steelers. :laugh:

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 12:13 PM
I remember who he is. You know how I am though ... in your face. Ben comes off the bench and throws for 379 yards and Kiesel takes a cheap shot at him. Good thing he never played for Dallas. Every time Tony Homo bends his thumb he's out half the damned season.

I'm just not sure how that Smith or Jones or whatever guy can play back for both the Cowboys and the Steelers. :laugh:

Nah, these 2 were like the best of friends, along with Max Starks before he retired. I'm sure he meant it jokingly, after he spoke of the warrior and will to win stuff. They were all there to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the SB win over Seattle. It comes off as a cheap shot, but he was smiling when he said it. Some of these guys are like brothers.

Ben did this 2x.... When they let go Max Starks, Ben started wearing his jersey number to practice, #98, to show that he wanted him back and that he was a friend... and he got him back. I believe he did that once with Keisel too. Starks was more important though, as he was OL and protected Ben, Keisel was DL.

Gunny
11-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Nah, these 2 were like the best of friends, along with Max Starks before he retired. I'm sure he meant it jokingly, after he spoke of the warrior and will to win stuff. They were all there to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the SB win over Seattle. It comes off as a cheap shot, but he was smiling when he said it. Some of these guys are like brothers.

Ben did this 2x.... When they let go Max Starks, Ben started wearing his jersey number to practice, #98, to show that he wanted him back and that he was a friend... and he got him back. I believe he did that once with Keisel too. Starks was more important though, as he was OL and protected Ben, Keisel was DL.

You almost had me until you put the last sentence in. If you can't score on the defense, the offense can putter along at will. The Steelers offense in the 70 just stunk and Bradshaw was the lousiest QB of the year and got benched more than once. But if the Steel Curtain took your ball away and scored more than the offense, you still lose.

The year the Dolphins went undefeated? Their defense won. Bob Griese was out most of the regular season. He came back for the playoffs which I thought was a ripoff to Earl Morrall. I used to love footbal back tne (and I lived in Miami). Guess which games you get to watch on channel 4?

And guess who you get to see in ABQ? The f-ing Broncos and Chiefs. As a bonus I got to watch the Cardinals game. :bang3: I HATE the AFC West and NFC West. I'm like in football Hell. Crap, if you want to play football, don't come HERE. I'm still trying to figure out if NM even has a damned football team.

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 04:39 PM
^^ Sucks to be you! I get the Directv NFL sunday ticket every year, every game of every week! Of course I only do it to see every Steelers game, but I also do get to choose all my favorite games to watch this way. I used to hate watching the other games just waiting for updates of the score of the Steelers game. I can also stream all of the games if I want to as well, or just watch the "red zone".

Gunny
11-16-2015, 04:49 PM
^^ Sucks to be you! I get the Directv NFL sunday ticket every year, every game of every week! Of course I only do it to see every Steelers game, but I also do get to choose all my favorite games to watch this way. I used to hate watching the other games just waiting for updates of the score of the Steelers game. I can also stream all of the games if I want to as well, or just watch the "red zone".

F*ck you sorry a-hole. :slap:

I actually watch it only because tv sucks. I quit watching pro sports 20 years ago. I get too pissed off. I can usually watch teams I don't care a thing about because I don't care. But I can't watch Steelers, Spurs, Cowboys or Dolphins games and I REALLY hate it when they play each other. Everybody else can burn in Hell and I hope their draft picks are all busts. :angel: