PDA

View Full Version : Hey, A-hole in Chief Jim

Gunny
11-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Why do I have almost 2" of snow in my yard? I should have at least gotten a memo. It's November. We don't do snow in November round these parts.

You're in charge. Fix this sh*t. You just killed my damned garden.

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 05:11 PM
2" already? Damn, we barely reached the 40 degree barrier here as of yet. Sucks to be you! :laugh: :slap:

Which reminds me, I need to be looking around for a decent snowblower, as I've officially retired from the shovel business.

LongTermGuy
11-16-2015, 05:16 PM
2" already? Damn, we barely reached the 40 degree barrier here as of yet. Sucks to be you! :laugh: :slap:

Which reminds me, I need to be looking around for a decent snowblower, as I've officially retired from the shovel business.

God Lord Jimmy....you been talkin about gettin a snowblower for 2 years now...:coffee:

Just sayin man...in case you "forgot"....:laugh2:

gabosaurus
11-16-2015, 05:21 PM
Best wishes for an extended winter to both of you.
Out here in SoCal, T-Shirts and bouncing boobies are still in vogue. :boobies:

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 05:23 PM
God Lord Jimmy....you been talkin about gettin a snowblower for 2 years now...:coffee:

Just sayin man...in case you "forgot"....:laugh2:

It's been a lot longer than that. Unfortunately Jim doesn't get to make most financial decisions. I only get to go out with the shovel and break my back and neck. :(

Gunny
11-16-2015, 05:35 PM

How long you been talking about that snowblower?

Gunny
11-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Best wishes for an extended winter to both of you.

It's got to ve Bush's snow machine. You know, the one that sits next to his Hurricane Katrina machine. I was wearing shorts and a tank on this day last year.

jimnyc
11-16-2015, 06:56 PM
I was turned down from getting a snowblower again. :( She said we didn't need it, and I disagreed. She said the POS electric one we have is enough. The thing can barely get rid of an inch of snow and I'm forever tripping on the damn electrical cord. Any good snow removal machine takes gas and spits the snow onto the neighbors lawn! :)

Elessar
11-16-2015, 07:10 PM
We got snow down below the 2000 foot level here, and a lot of sleet along the coast.
Sleet is rough to drive in even with 4WD.

Storms from the Gulf of Alaska sweep down here and make things 'interesting'.

Elessar
11-16-2015, 07:14 PM

You should not tease like that! Unfair!

But I remember when I lived in Belmont Shore (LB),
any time the temps got below 55, people bundled up in
winter costs, scarfs, gloves, and hats!

LongTermGuy
11-16-2015, 07:23 PM
I was turned down from getting a snowblower again. :( She said we didn't need it, and I disagreed. She said the POS electric one we have is enough. The thing can barely get rid of an inch of snow and I'm forever tripping on the damn electrical cord. Any good snow removal machine takes gas and spits the snow onto the neighbors lawn! :)

​Ahhh...just got up from small nap...drinking Coffee now...Give our regards to this powerful (unknown to me).."She"....:laugh2:...​I'm sure She means well Jim and has a good understanding of the situation and the "strength of your back"....and / or your Patients with the electric Gizmo ..snowblower:coffee:

Jeff
11-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Why do I have almost 2" of snow in my yard? I should have at least gotten a memo. It's November. We don't do snow in November round these parts.

:lol: HA, HA :lol:

Did ya make a snowman ? :laugh:

NightTrain
11-17-2015, 08:44 AM
I've got about 5" of snow on the ground, and it's -15 right now. The last 2 days it's been -9 and -11.

So much for the Weather Guessers - they said it was going to be a very mild winter here in AK, with El Nino pushing our cold air down on the Midwest & East Coast again!

...maybe it IS time for me to go buy that new snowmachine I've been wanting! First, though, I need to see a minimum of 24" on the ground.

Gunny
11-17-2015, 09:27 AM

They actually make those? :laugh:

What you get for dumping 3" of snow on my ass in mid-November. I STILL haven't found all my cold weather gear.

Gunny
11-17-2015, 09:28 AM
I've got about 5" of snow on the ground, and it's -15 right now. The last 2 days it's been -9 and -11.

So much for the Weather Guessers - they said it was going to be a very mild winter here in AK, with El Nino pushing our cold air down on the Midwest & East Coast again!

...maybe it IS time for me to go buy that new snowmachine I've been wanting! First, though, I need to see a minimum of 24" on the ground.

You live in Alaska, genius. Only 5"? What ... it's summer there?

Gunny
11-17-2015, 09:47 AM
​Ahhh...just got up from small nap...drinking Coffee now...Give our regards to this powerful (unknown to me).."She"....:laugh2:...​I'm sure She means well Jim and has a good understanding of the situation and the "strength of your back"....and / or your Patients with the electric Gizmo ..snowblower:coffee:

I'm an electrician and never heard of an electric snowblower. Where's THAT contraption come from? :laugh:

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:11 AM
They actually make those? :laugh:

What you get for dumping 3" of snow on my ass in mid-November. I STILL haven't found all my cold weather gear.

Yes, and it's embarrassing when I'm out there with that thing. :( I'd rather just drive through it, but my driveway is on a high enough angle that you ain't even getting out of there in 4WD.

Gunny
11-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes, and it's embarrassing when I'm out there with that thing. :( I'd rather just drive through it, but my driveway is on a high enough angle that you ain't even getting out of there in 4WD.

You just got to draw the line sometimes. I ain't going outside with embarrassing tools. You need to point out to the little lady that a 2 stroke motor is more cost efficient in the end than electricity. Sucking power off the grid costs a LOT more than a can of gas and some 2 cycle oil.

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 10:56 AM
You just got to draw the line sometimes. I ain't going outside with embarrassing tools. You need to point out to the little lady that a 2 stroke motor is more cost efficient in the end than electricity. Sucking power off the grid costs a LOT more than a can of gas and some 2 cycle oil.

That's true, good argument! I'll try that tonight. If I get one, it's got to be REAL soon, as the prices will be going up. Gouging bastards!

Kathianne
11-17-2015, 01:06 PM

Nor in AZ, but snow is what we got! My brother called early yesterday morning to enlighten me that Chicago was in the 60's. Sigh.

Still have snow on mountaintops! We are going into the 50's, after a low of 20's last night. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
11-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Nor in AZ, but snow is what we got! My brother called early yesterday morning to enlighten me that Chicago was in the 60's. Sigh.

Still have snow on mountaintops! We are going into the 50's, after a low of 20's last night. :rolleyes:

Who are you? :coffee:

Gunny
11-17-2015, 01:53 PM

It's Bush's global warming machine on the loose again. :laugh:

Gunny
11-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Who are you? :coffee:

Derelict child. We still have to keep her.

Kathianne
11-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Derelict child. We still have to keep her.
Damn right! :laugh:

My internet has been on for over 2 hours! Might have to plan a party!

NightTrain
11-17-2015, 03:39 PM
You live in Alaska, genius. Only 5"? What ... it's summer there?

We haven't had a decent winter in roughly 7 years or so. Maybe this time we'll get a good snowfall type winter... I'm ready for it.