PDA

View Full Version : NBC exec's 'illegals' remark angers Hispanic lawmakers

jimnyc
11-19-2015, 10:12 AM
See, this shit pisses me off. They ARE illegal, but the PC world is taking over. Why must people be forced to call it something different? This is part of the problem too, as many think it's not the same, that somehow illegals and regular immigrants are the same. And this is from another nitwit politician - in California. Surprising, right?

I truly hope the illegal immigration pisses a lot of people off like it does me, and that many will speak about it with their vote.

----

Hispanic lawmakers hoped a meeting with top executives from MSNBC and NBC News Wednesday would smooth over hard feelings from Donald Trump’s appearance on “Saturday Night Live.” Instead, it had the opposite effect.

NBC News President Deborah Turness committed a major blunder — as far as the Hispanic lawmakers were concerned — when she described undocumented immigrants as “illegals," a term that many in the Latino community find highly offensive.

Turness was describing NBC's integration with their Spanish-language network Telemundo, which included coverage of Pope Francis’ visit to the U.S. and his interaction with a young girl who was afraid her parents would be deported because they’re “illegals.”

“I’m going to stop you right there. We use the term undocumented immigrants,” Rep. Juan Vargas (D-Calif.) interrupted.

Turness apologized.

That exchange kicked off a meeting that was already expected to be tense. Lawmakers were hoping for an explanation of why Trump hosted Saturday Night Live, despite formal protests from the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. MSNBC and NBC News executives — who are part of a separate entity from NBC's entertainment division, which oversees SNL — came expecting to talk about the progress they've made in making their newsrooms more diverse.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/nbc-illegal-immigrants-216041

Kathianne
11-19-2015, 10:16 AM
See, this shit pisses me off. They ARE illegal, but the PC world is taking over. Why must people be forced to call it something different? This is part of the problem too, as many think it's not the same, that somehow illegals and regular immigrants are the same. And this is from another nitwit politician - in California. Surprising, right?

I truly hope the illegal immigration pisses a lot of people off like it does me, and that many will speak about it with their vote.

----

Hispanic lawmakers hoped a meeting with top executives from MSNBC and NBC News Wednesday would smooth over hard feelings from Donald Trump’s appearance on “Saturday Night Live.” Instead, it had the opposite effect.

NBC News President Deborah Turness committed a major blunder — as far as the Hispanic lawmakers were concerned — when she described undocumented immigrants as “illegals," a term that many in the Latino community find highly offensive.

Turness was describing NBC's integration with their Spanish-language network Telemundo, which included coverage of Pope Francis’ visit to the U.S. and his interaction with a young girl who was afraid her parents would be deported because they’re “illegals.”

“I’m going to stop you right there. We use the term undocumented immigrants,” Rep. Juan Vargas (D-Calif.) interrupted.

Turness apologized.

That exchange kicked off a meeting that was already expected to be tense. Lawmakers were hoping for an explanation of why Trump hosted Saturday Night Live, despite formal protests from the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. MSNBC and NBC News executives — who are part of a separate entity from NBC's entertainment division, which oversees SNL — came expecting to talk about the progress they've made in making their newsrooms more diverse.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/nbc-illegal-immigrants-216041

I hear you, it's all part of the war on free speech. First is the PC calls; then comes the outrage on the words that 'hurt' and demands to stop using those words; then comes the entire change in what is meant.

jimnyc
11-19-2015, 10:19 AM
I hear you, it's all part of the war on free speech. First is the PC calls; then comes the outrage on the words that 'hurt' and demands to stop using those words; then comes the entire change in what is meant.

Can't say queer anymore. Can't say faggot anymore. Only one race is allowed to say the N word, no PC there for them. Can't say illegal immigrants. Can barely say "Merry Christmas" without folks being offended.

As for demands - no more from me, I'm pissed and not giving in to others lame demands anymore.

indago
11-19-2015, 10:25 AM
illegal aliens

Gunny
11-19-2015, 10:33 AM
He can kiss THAT job goodbye. I just want to know if he gets ousted by his own faster than Trent Lott did.

Perianne
11-19-2015, 10:33 AM
I don't call them illegals. I call them wetbacks. If they don't like it, they can go back to Mexico.

Trigg
11-19-2015, 02:47 PM
What the hell are congressional members doing bitching about SNL?????? They have nothing better to do than piss and moan about Trump???