PDA

View Full Version : On 'Non-Terrorist' Refugees

Kathianne
11-19-2015, 11:11 AM
The problem can't be addressed if the truth is ignored:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427349/refugees-and-jihadist-fifth-column-andrew-c-mccarthy

THE CORNER THE ONE AND ONLY. Refugees and the Jihadist Fifth Column

ANDREW C. MCCARTHY November 19, 2015 10:20 AM

It is patently obvious that the Syrian refugees (and, in fact, people from lots of other Middle East hot spots) cannot be vetted by our government. When FBI Director Jim Comey acknowledged this, he was simply saying aloud what we already know perfectly well.

Remember: specifically with respect to the Syrians, the Obama administration told us that our government is so adept at distinguishing the good guys from the bad guys that, if the it spent enough of our money, it could arm, train and churn out a “moderate rebel” army of about 5,000 per year. A year and a half-billion dollars later, Obama had to shut down the program in utter humiliation: We managed to train only 54 “rebels” (about one percent of what was promised for the first year). Many of those vetted trainees immediately gave the equipment we’d supplied them with to al-Nusra, the Syrian al Qaeda affiliate.

But there is a more critical point here. Even if you are competent and have sufficient background information to do effective vetting, you have to know what you are vetting for.

That is the subject of my column on the home page: “France’s ‘No Go’ Zones: Assimilation-Resistant Muslims Are the Real Refugee Problem.” Listening to our Beltway solons – very much including Republicans – talk about this subject, you would think the only people we have to worry about are terrorists. Therefore, if you vet someone and determine he’s not a terrorist, it’s “mission accomplished” and you can give him asylum.

That’s not even half of the challenge. As we are seeing in France, and have seen elsewhere in Europe and the Middle East, jihadism thrives when it has a support system of sharia-adherent Muslims.

In Europe this means – as it would mean here – enclaves of assimilation-resistant Muslims. On that score, who does Washington say are our allies against the jihad?

Gunny
11-19-2015, 11:14 AM
The problem can't be addressed if the truth is ignored:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/427349/refugees-and-jihadist-fifth-column-andrew-c-mccarthy

Obama's a disgrace to this nation and what it stands for. More concerned about Syrians than our own people. Some president.

revelarts
11-19-2015, 11:51 AM
As i've said ---and it's been ignored.--
IF there are 3000+ refugees our Billion dollar homeland security can track, bug, surveil, read mail, stop and frisk, no knock searched etc, etc based on the the idea that they are UNKNOWNS from a war zone.
this at least is some thin probably cause. and may have to be the price a refugee has to pay in the present hysteria.

It is interesting now that everyone agrees that's it's difficult to know WHO is a radical in Syria or not. But it's a bit extreme to assume that EVERYONE or MOST are a radicals, especially if there's evidence that they've RUN from the conflict or been attacked by ISIS.

unless people are saying that all Syrians are now ISIS it seems prudent to make the effort to vet those clearly fleeing for dear life.
And just as in any refugee or defection those questionable people are rejected or watched for sometime after arrival.

But making a case for few is different than making a case for NONE.

And does anyone care that we may find a few REAL Allies out this group as well?
or can ONLY bad come from this?

Kathianne
11-19-2015, 11:54 AM
IF there are 3000+ refugees our Billion dollar homeland security can track, bug, surveil, read mail, stop and frisk, no knock search etc, etc base on the the idea that they are UNKNOWNS from a war zone.
this at least is some thin probably cause. and may have to be the price a refugee has to pay in the present hysteria.

It is interesting now that everyone agrees that's it's difficult to know WHO is a radial in Syria or not. But it's a bit extreme to assume that EVERYONE or MOST are a radials especially if there's evidence that they've RUN from the conflict or been attacked by ISIS.

unless people are saying that all Syrians are now ISIS it seems prudent to make the effort to vet those clearly fleeing for dear life.
And just as in any refugee or defection those questionable people are rejected or watch for sometime after arrival.

Making a case for few is different than making a case for NONE.

does anyone care that we find a few REAL Allies out this group as well?

Here's the problem you are ignoring, at heart this is a problem with Islam. Even the 'peaceful' Muslims want Sharia established world wide, they just don't want to commit violence on their own. That others do, they may tut tut, but it's a case of the means being wrong, but the 'end' being right in their beliefs.

jimnyc
11-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Here's the problem you are ignoring, at heart this is a problem with Islam. Even the 'peaceful' Muslims want Sharia established world wide, they just don't want to commit violence on their own. That others do, they may tut tut, but it's a case of the means being wrong, but the 'end' being right in their beliefs.

You have 80,000 muslims coming in. Say only like 80 of them are a national threat, that can potentially do some serious damage. What is the BEST way to avoid this? Keep them all out for now, for the best interest of our own country. To me that's just common sense. Adios, bastards!! They have MANY MANY MANY places to go over there. Let the muslim countries start taking them all in.

revelarts
11-19-2015, 12:14 PM
well K did you just ignore all my points and questions without acknowledgment or reply?

But I'm not ignoring Sharia and you haven't brought it up until now.
However that's not what everyone is NOTafraid of is it? It's TERROR and BOMBINGS U.S. children dead on the streets. Terror being done by Refugees/ISIS. That's all the chatter.

not Sharia.

But I've mentioned the problem of Sharia elsewhere, I think that's a real issue but in this case I think the U.S of 300 million can absorb a few grateful Syrian muslims of various perspectives. Syria had a very secular version of muslim as well. are you ignoring that. I've met and worked with several like that, a meceedes car repair owner a t-shirt shop owner and family. Not all muslims want Shria. they LIKE western capitalism and freedom A LOT. do we ignore that? or do we cultivate that and even maybe conversion to Christianity?

Also i wonder how much different is Sharia than what some want here outside of the constitution ANYWAY!
torture, jail without trials based on suspicion, killing without trials, no privacy, check points on the streets, Christians in jail for not marrying or selling goods for Homosexual weddings, is that a free Christian democracy?

Sharia maybe worse but by how much? We've got to maintain and PROMOTE our BEST IDEALS Our Religious beliefs and preserve them or just have a choice between the type of tyrannies, religious or secular. We're moving between a rock and a hard place.

Gunny
11-19-2015, 12:15 PM
IF there are 3000+ refugees our Billion dollar homeland security can track, bug, surveil, read mail, stop and frisk, no knock searched etc, etc based on the the idea that they are UNKNOWNS from a war zone.

It is interesting now that everyone agrees that's it's difficult to know WHO is a radical in Syria or not. But it's a bit extreme to assume that EVERYONE or MOST are a radicals, especially if there's evidence that they've RUN from the conflict or been attacked by ISIS.

And just as in any refugee or defection those questionable people are rejected or watched for sometime after arrival.

I'll tell you why a lot of what you post is ignored by ME. Again. You post a wall of words. Need to take a class in journalism. Get to the point. You lose the reader running all over the place from paragraph to neverending paragraph. Make your point in paragraph 1, then support your point in 2-3 succeeding paragraphs.

It isn't that no one listens to you. It's that no one wants to read the wall of words.

To answer your question ... it's shaping up to be a repeat of WWI. Think you can stop it, feel free. Just be careful when you choose sides. You're always choosing THEIR side.

revelarts
11-19-2015, 12:48 PM
I'll tell you why a lot of what you post is ignored by ME. Again. You post a wall of words. Need to take a class in journalism. Get to the point. You lose the reader running all over the place from paragraph to neverending paragraph. Make your point in paragraph 1, then support your point in 2-3 succeeding paragraphs.

It isn't that no one listens to you. It's that no one wants to read the wall of words.

To answer your question ... it's shaping up to be a repeat of WWI. Think you can stop it, feel free. Just be careful when you choose sides. You're always choosing THEIR side.

I've noticed that if i just make my points in a few words they are taken in the worse possible light since i often disagree with the views here.
so i tend to support and preface so people don't misunderstand my positions .
Some people are offended no matter what , but at least i've made an attempt to be civil and support my views.

But concerning your prediction , well there's no need for WW3 if people wouldn't be Hysterical and delusional that ISIS has the military or political might of NAZI Germany and the AXIS powers or the USSR.

Perianne
11-20-2015, 12:35 AM
I've noticed that if i just make my points in a few words they are taken in the worse possible light since i often disagree with the views here.
so i tend to support and preface so people don't misunderstand my positions .
Some people are offended no matter what , but at least i've made an attempt to be civil and support my views.

But concerning your prediction , well there's no need for WW3 if people wouldn't be Hysterical and delusional that ISIS has the military or political might of NAZI Germany and the AXIS powers or the USSR.

You are nice, revelarts. You treat me mostly with respect even though you despise my thought process.

Abbey Marie
11-20-2015, 12:38 AM

Didn't we already lose one from Tennessee for a time, only to have him show up in DC? Hmm.

revelarts
11-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Didn't we already lose one from Tennessee for a time, only to have him show up in DC? Hmm.

We lost a few from 9-11 that were on the radar already too.
but the solution isn't to keep EVERYONE out. that's overkill. and any REAL threats would find another way to sneak in anyway.
Like i mentioned if the alphabet agencies would watch the real suspects instead of grandmas and vets there'd be no problem.

Jeff
11-20-2015, 08:50 AM
but the solution isn't to keep EVERYONE out. that's overkill. and any REAL threats would find another way to sneak in anyway.
Like i mentioned if the alphabet agencies would watch the real suspects instead of grandmas and vets there'd be no problem.

I agree they should be watching the real issues I do, but Rev if 10 out of 1000 of these refuges are meaning to do us harm you don't think they could slip under the radar ? Hell there is a story in the news this morning where one of the refuges stole a passport and tried to come into the states that way, then you have the Governor of NJ stating he didn't even know they where receiving any of the refuges but when he found out one of them had hauled ass, yes they have a where a bouts on him now, but my point is why take a chance at all, mistakes can and will be made. Look at that lunatic in Charleston that killed all those innocent folks, he bought that gun legally, but he was a felon, yup a mistake was made and those people paid the price. We also know for a fact that one of these refuges was in on the France deal, so are they all innocent hell no, our Gov. has enough of a issue doing what they should do, we don't need to add more to there list, let them get what they have going on now right before we want to add more to there list.

jimnyc
11-20-2015, 09:03 AM
I agree they should be watching the real issues I do, but Rev if 10 out of 1000 of these refuges are meaning to do us harm you don't think they could slip under the radar ? Hell there is a story in the news this morning where one of the refuges stole a passport and tried to come into the states that way, then you have the Governor of NJ stating he didn't even know they where receiving any of the refuges but when he found out one of them had hauled ass, yes they have a where a bouts on him now, but my point is why take a chance at all, mistakes can and will be made. Look at that lunatic in Charleston that killed all those innocent folks, he bought that gun legally, but he was a felon, yup a mistake was made and those people paid the price. We also know for a fact that one of these refuges was in on the France deal, so are they all innocent hell no, our Gov. has enough of a issue doing what they should do, we don't need to add more to there list, let them get what they have going on now right before we want to add more to there list.

Even the CIA and FBI state that it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN we get hit with some sort of attack. I wonder what all of the ninnies will be saying if that happens, and they let them into our country? What will the excuse of the day be? "Well, there was no way of knowing" - exactly you fucking idiots, that is why you just stop it entirely.

FACT is, our country can't sustain regular immigration for another 50 years or so, we certainly shouldn't be welcoming illegals, and potential radicals from war torn countries.

Jeff
11-20-2015, 09:06 AM
Even the CIA and FBI state that it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN we get hit with some sort of attack. I wonder what all of the ninnies will be saying if that happens, and they let them into our country? What will the excuse of the day be? "Well, there was no way of knowing" - exactly you fucking idiots, that is why you just stop it entirely.

FACT is, our country can't sustain regular immigration for another 50 years or so, we certainly shouldn't be welcoming illegals, and potential radicals from war torn countries.

They will do the same thing that the Dean is doing in that college where the blacks rioted, they will bail out, bail out and then ask real men to take over and fix things.

jimnyc
11-20-2015, 09:11 AM
They will do the same thing that the Dean is doing in that college where the blacks rioted, they will bail out, bail out and then ask real men to take over and fix things.

And - they will also just blame GWB.

I SO hope Trump gets in. His actual quote about ISIS if he gets into office was "I will bomb the shit out of them"

Compared to the fuckwit in there now who wants us to be nice so as not to offend the muslims.

LongTermGuy
11-20-2015, 10:03 AM

`Ohhhhhh...Kat...so well said! ...Yet not Obvious to some...

jimnyc
11-20-2015, 10:07 AM
`Ohhhhhh...Kat...so well said! ...Yet not Obvious to some...

But, but, but.... they don't want Sharia here. They never spoke of killing all the infidels. There is nothing at all about infidels in their religious texts, that they read 500x per day. They never speak of spilling American blood.

And another funny thing? People whine and bitch about bigotry and racism? Muslims are the WORST in the world in that department. And barely a peep. Sometimes not even a peep at all. Funny that.

LongTermGuy
11-20-2015, 10:09 AM
You have 80,000 muslims coming in. Say only like 80 of them are a national threat, that can potentially do some serious damage. What is the BEST way to avoid this? Keep them all out for now, for the best interest of our own country. To me that's just common sense. Adios, bastards!! They have MANY MANY MANY places to go over there. Let the muslim countries start taking them all in.

...True...why cant they Practice their Muslim love on their own lands....and if the "Moderates" are such a large group...why cant they fight for their own country....In pictures and articles...I see many strong Battle-age young men.....Infesting all other countries with a Purpose ...

revelarts
11-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Time Magazine
http://time.com/4122186/syrian-refugees-donald-trump-young-men/

.... State Department (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2015/11/249613.htm) official gave the following breakdown of exactly who has been let in:
Half of the Syrian refugees brought to the U.S. so far have been children; and [2.5%] are adults over 60. And I think you will have heard that only 2 percent are single males of combat age. So we – there’s slightly more – it’s roughly 50/50 men and women, slightly more men I would say, but not – not a lot more men. So this is normal that as you’re – as we set a priority of bringing the most vulnerable people, we’re going to have female-headed households with a lot of children, and we’re going to have extended families that are maybe missing the person who used to be the top breadwinner but have several generations – grandparents, a widowed mother, and children.
Trump isn’t exactly wrong—many of the refugees seeking asylum In Europe are indeed young men.

indago
01-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Journalist Karin Laub wrote for The Associated Press 18 January 2016:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new chief of the U.N. refugee agency said Monday the world should find a fairer formula for sharing the burden of Syria's crisis, including taking in tens of thousands of refugees from overwhelmed regional host nations. ...More than 4 million Syrians have fled their homeland, the bulk living in increasingly difficult conditions in neighboring countries such as Jordan and Lebanon, while hundreds of thousands have flooded into Europe.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_JORDAN_SYRIAN_REFUGEES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-01-18-15-53-38)

That's one of the reasons why the United Nations should have a volunteer mercenary group to go into squabbles like Syria and end the crisis so that displaced Syrians can go back home. I would venture a guess that most Syrians would rather be in their own homes in their own country than to be in a foreign land.

Gunny
01-19-2016, 09:23 AM
...True...why cant they Practice their Muslim love on their own lands....and if the "Moderates" are such a large group...why cant they fight for their own country....In pictures and articles...I see many strong Battle-age young men.....Infesting all other countries with a Purpose ...

They'd have to do their own fighting for what is theirs. These Arab Islamists are supposed to be so tough. I guess that's only when they're in a crowed market full of noncombatants. They apparently want no part of fighting ISIS. No wonder Obama likes them.

Gunny
01-19-2016, 09:24 AM
Journalist Karin Laub wrote for The Associated Press 18 January 2016:
The new chief of the U.N. refugee agency said Monday the world should find a fairer formula for sharing the burden of Syria's crisis, including taking in tens of thousands of refugees from overwhelmed regional host nations. ...More than 4 million Syrians have fled their homeland, the bulk living in increasingly difficult conditions in neighboring countries such as Jordan and Lebanon, while hundreds of thousands have flooded into Europe.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_JORDAN_SYRIAN_REFUGEES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-01-18-15-53-38)

That's one of the reasons why the United Nations should have a volunteer mercenary group to go into squabbles like Syria and end the crisis so that displaced Syrians can go back home. I would venture a guess that most Syrians would rather be in their own homes in their own country than to be in a foreign land.

BS. Want aid? Here's some rifles and ammo. Go defend your homes.

Drummond
01-19-2016, 09:58 AM

Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Do you imagine that vetting procedures are foolproof ? That all possible checks are carried out, on ALL of them, are always efficient, many if not most of them depending on the ultra-efficiency of war-torn countries .. ??

You mention 9/11. A fraction of one percent of those 'refugees' could perpetrate ... HOW MANY 9/11's ? Are the bona fides of 99.9999% (or better !) of them properly, perfectly, correctly accounted for ?

Gunny
01-19-2016, 10:14 AM
Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Do you imagine that vetting procedures are foolproof ? That all possible checks are carried out, on ALL of them, are always efficient, many if not most of them depending on the ultra-efficiency of war-torn countries .. ??

You mention 9/11. A fraction of one percent of those 'refugees' could perpetrate ... HOW MANY 9/11's ? Are the bona fides of 99.9999% (or better !) of them properly, perfectly, correctly accounted for ?

I think any man of fighting age should not be allowed into ANY country. They need to man up and fight for their own country instead of expecting the rest of the World to do it for them.

Perianne
01-19-2016, 11:02 AM
I think any man of fighting age should not be allowed into ANY country. They need to man up and fight for their own country instead of expecting the rest of the World to do it for them.

You have a good point, sir. If they don't have any guns, perhaps we could supply them, but that is all. Let them kill each other. It's no big loss to the world.